• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 484 Views, 16 Comments

The Collector - The dead Pixel Brony



Scootaloo finds a doll in the everfree forest after following a voice she heard. What she doesn't know, is what the doll contains.

  • ...
1
 16
 484

Methods

“Thanks for letting us stay the night here, Applejack,” Sweetie Belle yawned from atop the bed.

“Yeah, thanks sis,” Applebloom said, pulling the comforter over her.

“No problem, sugarcubes,” Applejack smiled, standing up from her position on the floor.

“Yeah, I know I would have been fine at home, but I knew you guys would need me in case anything happened,” Scootaloo proclaimed, receiving eye rolls from the other ponies in the room.

“Sure, sure,” Applejack chuckled.

As the three fillies all got under the covers and found comfortable positions, Applejack walked towards the door.

“Alright girls, you get some sleep, and if you need anything, just holler. I won’t be too far away,” Applejack said, flicking the light switch with her hoof, “G’night.”

“Wait!” Applebloom yelled as her sister moved to close the door, “C-could you leave the hall light on, and the door open a bit?” Applebloom asked meekly.

“Please?” Sweetie Belle weakly added.

Scootaloo remained silent, but looked at Applejack with a pleading look.

“Sure,” Applejack responded with a small smile.

Closing the door to where it remained only a quarter of the way open, Applejack turned away, bumping into Big Mac in the process. Blinking a bit from the collision, Applejack looked up at her brother with a raised eyebrow. With a small jerk of his head, Big Mac drew attention to the pillow and blanket sitting on his back. With a smile, Applejack looked to the side of the bedroom door where another pillow and blanket sat. With a silent nod to each other, the siblings went to left and right of the door. Placing their pillows next to the door frame and draping the blankets over themselves, the pair settled in for that night's’ vigil. As time passed, the elder pair fell into sleeps embrace, and the house lapsed into silence.

Suddenly and slowly, the window at the end of the hall began to slide open. When it was all the way open, two long, brown limbs snaked their way onto the floor. Soon followed by a head, with two bright white orbs where eyes should be. Ever so gently, the creature brought in its hind legs and lowered them to the floor, making nary a sound. Once its entire body was inside, it moved its head as if looking around. When the white orbs landed on the pair by the bedroom door, it cocked its head. Slowly and quietly, the creature moved towards them.

Stopping right next to Applejack, it leaned its head towards hers. As it stared at her with its unblinking white orbs, it moved a scissor ended claw towards her mane. With a deft movement of its claw, it snipped a lock of her mane off. Grabbing the hair as it floated towards the floor, it moved its head away from her and slinked towards the big red stallion. Bringing its face close to the stallions, it snipped a portion of Big Mac’s mane as well. Standing back up to its full height, it brought the hair towards its face. With a sound of stretching thread, its mouth opened. Inside the mouth were lined with sewing needles the top and bottom of it mouth. With an intake of air, the hair flew into its mouth. Closing its mouth slowly, it tilted its head back in a swallowing motion.

Without pause, the creature moved towards the bedroom door. Opening the door slightly with a claw, it moved into the room. As it moved into the room, its head snapped towards the bed. Stepping towards the bed slowly, the orbs looked over the three fillies. When its orbs landed on Scootaloo, it slowly leaned forward, its left claw snipping small portions of the fillies manes. Its right reached out towards Scootaloo.

“Don’t you dare touch those fillies,” Halting its movements, the creature slowly turned around. Standing in the doorway, Big Mac glared at the creature, his hooves spread and head lowered, “You step away from them right now.”

Bringing its left claw towards its face, its mouth stretched open, quickly inhaling the hair. The creatures eyes then seemed to focus on the red stallion before it. Big Mac twitched as the bright white orbs centered on him, but still held his ground. The creature then began to stretch its claws towards the floor. It raised its head, and took one step towards the stallion. Keeping his posture, Big Mac watched a the creature neared him.

Then, when it was but one step away, Big Mac spun and his hind legs shot out. As his legs reached where the creature was, he expected to feel his legs smack into it. Instead, he felt one of the creatures claws wrap around one of his back hooves. With a strong pull, Big Mac felt himself being yanked off of his hooves. As the claw easily lifted his weight, Big Mac felt the other claw wrap around his neck. The claw holding his leg let go, and Big Mac found himself being pulled towards the creatures face. Looking at the creature, Big Mac found his vision filled with the bright white of the creatures eyes.

“Hello there…” The creature rasped in a growl.

Before big Mac knew what was happening, he felt a sharp pain ring out all across his back. Then he felt it on his stomach. He couldn’t even find the time to scream as razor sharp pain rang out all across his broad sides. As sudden as it began, it stopped. Not even realizing his eyes had shut, he willed them open to see what had happened. What he saw made him wish he hadn’t. The creatures mouth was wide open, the needles burying themselves into a red fabric at blinding speeds. Big Mac’s eyes widened at a small realization. His eyes hesitantly looked down.

Most of his skin and fur was removed.

Movement to his front brought his attention back to the creature. Its claw was reaching into its mouth. Pulling its claw back out, it held the fabric, his fur, between two fingers. Looking back at the creature, he saw thats its mouth was open wide. Big Mac then began to spasm. After a few seconds, Big Mac’s mouth open wide, and a white light shot out and into the creatures mouth. Snapping its mouth shut, it dropped Big Mac from his grasp. The red stallion hit the ground with a wet thump.

A loud scream sounded from behind the creature. From behind the creature, Applebloom sat upright in the bed, her scream waking the other two. With a glance over its shoulder, the creature crouched and jumped forward.

“What in tar-” Applejack burst into the room, mid yell, to be bowled over and sent smashing into the far wall.

The creature ran past the dazed Applejack, and smashed through the partially open window.

Author's Note:

Another short one, but I think they'll remain that way. I kinda lose focus after writing for a while, so keeping them limited one scene, or series of events, per chapter will allow me to keep going and give you guys almost weekly updates. Yes, I know, a thousand words a week isn't much, but I am attending classes right now, and its getting close to finals week.

Enjoy, point out any errors you see, and don't feel shy about sharing your thoughts or ideas about the story.

Comments ( 2 )

wow :derpyderp1: I knew that the creature sucked out souls, but I never expected him to make the dolls out of the pony's own hide :rainbowwild:

3601395 I was trying to make it obvious without telling. At least someone got it...

Login or register to comment