• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 4,417 Views, 134 Comments

Nightmare of a mother. - Mrchibivampire



Nightmare Moon is back and she traps Celestia in the body of a foal. Now we follow Nightmare as she cares for her new daughter and tries to take over Equestria.

  • ...
12
 134
 4,417

I hate these servants.

Nightmare was woken up by the sound of her infant daughter crying. With a smile on her face and love in her heart she quickly got out of bed. She walked over to the nursery which once had been Celestia’s office.
Once inside she walked up to the crib and picked up her daughter.

She nuzzled her and kissed her daughter’s forehead forehead. “Good morning my, little angel.”

The foal looked up at its mother and a smile spread across her tiny lips. She reached out with her hooves and grabbed a hold of Nightmares muzzle. “Mama!”

Nightmare’s heart skipped a beat and she was overcome with joy. Her feelings got the better of her and tears of joy started flowing from her eyes. “You truly are my light in the darkness……...and you need a new diaper.” Nightmare carried her daughter over to the changing table.

Once the foal laid on the table. Nightmare used her magic to make tiny stars appear, they danced above Aurora’s face and she playfully batted at them.
Nightmare unfastened the tapes and quickly disposed of the old diaper. She cleaned her daughter’s private area, making sure that she got all clean. She picked up a fresh diaper and slid it underneath Aurora’s bottom. Nightmare then applied some diaper rash cream and baby powder before she fastened the diaper.

“There we go, all nice and clean! Now I bet you are hungry, let’s get you some food!” Nightmare laid down on the floor which allowed her daughter to nurse. Feeling her daughter nurse made her feel at peace and she almost didn't want this moment to end.

“Eat your fill my, little angel. So you can grow big and strong-” Nightmares words were cut off by somepony knocking on the door.

“Princess! We heard something that sounded like a foal crying. Is everything alright?” A guard said as he slowly opened the door.

Nightmare quickly casted an illusion spell at both herself and daughter. She took on the guise of Celestia and she made Aurora take on the guise of Luna.

The guard walked in on Princess Celestia nursing a little blue foal. “Gah!” He quickly exited the room, his cheeks flushing bright pink. “........I’m so- sor- sorry Princess. For- forgive my rudeness!” He shouted a lot louder than he intended.

Nightmare picked up her daughter and proceed to burp her. “It’s quite alright and don’t worry. I’m just taking care of an accident that occurred last night.” She rose to her hooves holding Aurora close to her chest. “I would like you to bring, Mrs Emerald Dream to my room please.”

“Yes, Princess. Right away!” The guard said before he galloped away.

“Ugh, the guards. Oh, well. I’ll take care of them later. I got more important things to worry about anyway.”

An young mare walked into the room. She walked up to the disguised Nightmare and bowed a bit too deep. This caused her white mane to fall over her face but she quickly adjusted it with her hoof. “Greetings princess how can I be of service?”

“Good you are here. As you can see-” She was interrupted by Mrs, Dream.

“Oh………. I guess you must have forgotten. I’m sorry princess, but I’m blind. I can’t see what is going on.” She said with a chuckle.

`How dare she interrupted me. I will send her to Tartarus!` Nightmare took a deep breath and calmed herself. `Now is not the time for that. I need to keep up this act for a bit longer.´

“Oh, forgive me. I have been very stressed lately. Anyway, last night me and my sister had a little bit of wine and at the time we thought that taking turns at getting physical regressed and then pampered by the older one was a great idea.
But as the night went on I ended up regressing, Luna both physically and mentally. Which was not our original intention. So I was hoping that while I figure out a way to restore her. You could foalsit her. Seeing as you have have a lot of experience in said field.”

“That would be an honor! I’ll take good care of her.” Mrs, Dream said.

Nightmare passed her daughter over to Mrs, Dream.“Wonderful. I have already feed her. So you only need to keep an eye on her.

Mrs, Dream took Aurora into her hooves and held her against her gray chest. “Feed her?”

“Yes, she is not old enough to eat solid food yet. She is just like any other 2 week old foal.”

Mrs, Dream looked at the foal that was nuzzling against her chest. “Oh, that bad. Have you taken her to the doctor for a checkup?”

When those words hit Nightmare. It was like someone punched her in the gut. *Deep inhale* “No I have not done that. Please make sure it gets done.” Nightmare said as she walked towards the door.

“I will take care of it. Don’t worry, Luna i’m sure that your sister will figure this out. Now let-”

Nightmare turned her head around. “Also, please call her Aurora from now on and until she is back to normal!”

Mrs, Dream tilted her head.”Ehh, Okay. Do you mind if I ask why?”

“Servants should do as they are told…………” She whispered under her breath. “Ahem. I just want to try something.”

“Well……..okay. I’ll call her Aurora then.”

Nightmare left the room and walked towards the great hall, where the Elements of harmony should currently be stored. Once the Elements were out of the reach for the bearers. Nothing would be able to stop her.

Sadly for Nightmare, she did not do her homework. The elements were moved to Ponyville during Discord’s reforming treatment.

As she walked down the halls. She started going through her plan. `All that remains is taking care of the guards and then the inhabitants of this world will have seen their last sunrise. Mwahahahaha!´

Nightmare entered the great hall. As she walked inside she was greeted by the guard assigned to this part of the castle.
She walked up to a big wall with a tiny hole in it. she lowered her head and stuck her horn into the hole. A bright light erupted from the door and the golden chest hosting the Elements laid before her. “Finally mine.” But to her great shook the Elements were gone.

She looked over at the guard. “Guard! Where are the Elements!?”

The stallion gave her a confused glance. “Ehhh, Princess. You sent the Elements of harmony to, Twilight Sparkle so her and the rest of the bearers would always have them nearby in case of an emergency. Don’t you remember?”

Nightmare took a deep breath and regained her posture. “Of course I do! I had a momentary brainfart. I had a little too much wine last night. Keep working and ignore what you have seen. I don’t want this to get out. The journalist would be having a field day about me forgetting. I hope you understand.

The guard narrowed his eyes and took a long moment before saying anything. “.......Yes, Princess!” Nightmare walked out of the room. The guard waited a brief moment before following her. `Something is wrong, Princess Celestia would never forget something like that.´

He followed her out into the garden, hiding behind bushes and trees to stay out of sight. The Princess walked over to the royal catacombs and went inside. `What is she going to do in there?´ he slipped inside and hid behind a nearby statue.

Nightmare closed the heavy stone stone doors behind her. Her horn lit up and she placed a purple rune upon the door, before walking deeper into the catacombs.

`That is not Princess Celestia! And I doubt I’ll be able to get out the same way from which I entered.´ The guard followed her with a bit of distance.

Nightmare walked up to one of the caskets and tore the lid open. “Finally you are mine once again! Hahahahah!” Her laughter echoed throughout the catacombs as she allowed her illusion spell to drop.

The guards jaw fell. He could not believe what he was seeing, but he snapped out of it and pulled out his sword.

Nightmare picked up her old armor and equipped it. “It’s good to be back. I can’t believe that bitch hid it in here of all places. Her memories are very useful, but I need to go through them better. So the accident with the guard won’t happen again. I don’t want to cause suspicions until the guards are under my control. Soon all of Equestria will bow before me once again. Hahaha-”

Her laugh was interrupted by a blade piercing her shoulder.

“Raghhhh!” Nightmare roared.

The guard withdrew his blade and leaped back to a safe distance. “What have you done to the Princesses, You monster?!”

Nightmare glanced over at her bleeding shoulder and with a flash from her eyes a mist like substance surrounded the wound, cleaning and healing it. She rolled her shoulder a few times just for good measure. “You dare to strike at your queen!”

Nightmare rose one of her hooves and slammed it down into the ground. A blade of shadow emerged from the ground in front of the guard. It sliced his eye, leaving him half blind. “Argh!” He grunted.

The guard leaped over to Nightmare and struck down at her neck, but his blade never connected. Nightmare had taken on the a form of mist, making her impervious to non magical attacks.

Nightmare took on the shape of a giant snake and started constricting the guard. His bones were breaking and blood quickly filled his lungs. It was not until he started coughing up blood that Nightmare loosened her grip.
She reshaped the snake head into her original upper body, but instead of hooves she had a pair of long slender arms with bony sharp claws.

“You dare to harm your queen!” Nightmare roared. “You will suffer for this!”

“ahgahagagah queen-” The guard muttered.”

“What was that?” Nightmare leaned closer to him.

“Longhhg liv-”
Once again Nightmare leaned closer to his face and this time she did not stop until she could feel his dying breaths on her face. “One more time, sweetie.” Her voice as cold as ice.

The guard looked straight into her eyes. “Long…….live…….the…….princesses! He then proceeded to spit straight into her face. He bit his tongue and laughed at her as he awaited death's cold embrace.

“Grrr, you dare!” Nightmare shoved one her hands down his throat and pushed one of her fingers straight into his heart. Her horn lit up and her hand did the same, she then proceeded to rip the guards immortal soul from his body. “Hahahahah!” Her wicked laughter echoed throughout the catacombs. “Not even death can save you from me.” She whispered into his ear.

The color faded from the guards body as she separated his soul from him. The guard’s jaw fell slack and his eyes turned black. His bones cracked violently as they mended themselves from broken to whole.The process was complete and he was now a zombie. “Eughhhhhhh.” The zombie moaned.

“You, listen up! You will go to Ponyville and your objective there is to find the elements of harmony and if anyone gets in your path. Kill them, but do not harm Twilight Sparkle and her friends. I want them alive.”

“Eughhhhhhh.” He moaned as he started walking towards his objective.”

Nightmare appeared from the shadows and blocked his path. “One more thing. Wait until Nightmare night. That way you will be able to walk around without everyone freaking out. Just find yourself a nice cave or something and await the fated day.”

“Eughhhhhhh!”

The zombie left the catacombs and slowly walked in the general direction of Ponyville. Despite being a mindless zombie he still stuck to the shadows so no one would see him.

Nightmare held the guard’s soul in the center of her hoof. “Now what should I do with his soul. Having his body as my mindless servant is a good start, but that respectless guard needs even more punishment. Then there is the problem with the other servants. I doubt they are going to serve me.” She looked at the soul and started thinking.
She glanced over at all the different caskets and then she saw a name that she recognized. “Starswirl the bearded. Perfect.”

She levitated the remains of Starswirl onto the floor. All that remained was his bones, but they were in a surprisingly good condition. She placed the soul in the ribcage and her horn started glowing as she chanted the words required to bind a soul to a foreign object.

“Sa ti ma so la te mi. Rasha ti nage noord anchaka!”

Dark tentacles emerged from the floor. They consumed the bones and slowly proceeded to corrupt the soul laying before them. Minutes went by as the tentacles worked their magic and the newly formed body slowly rose from the floor.
Once the body stood on its own. The tentacles grabbed a hold of the soul and pulled it into the center of the body.

Hovering just above the floor, the black blob of a body started reshaping itself. The skull of a unicorn, a body with bone structure similar to that of a minotaur, two long arms fitted with the sharpest of claws, a long snake like tail with a sharp end and the entire completely naked from flesh. A creature worthy a queen of nightmares.

The naked skeleton was set ablaze with gray flames and two tiny blue flames floated inside it’s empty skull. The ritual was complete and a spectre had been born, a ghastly creature forever trapped between life and death to serve until the cold hand of death claimed its master.

Nightmare looked at her creation and she was pleased. It would serve her purposes just fine. “Look at me.” With a ghastly moan the spectre turned and faced the one calling it. “I’m your new master and you will answer only to me. Your mission is to bind the souls everpony inside the castle to your consciousness. Once you are done you will report back to me. Am I making myself clear!?”

The spectre faded into the ethereal realm, making it invisible to the naked eye. It floated through the roof of the catacombs and floated towards the castle to fulfill its master’s wish.

Nightmare once again took on the guise of Celestia. She walked towards the royal library. Once inside she located the librarian. “Excuse me! I would like you to take a letter.”

The old mare looked at her for a moment, she narrowed her eyes. “Is that you princess? You look a bit blurry.”

Nightmare was taken with surprise and quickly scanned her body to see if she had made a mistake with the illusion spell. When she found nothing wrong she looked at the old mare and noticed the glasses resting on her forehead. “Put on your glasses!”

The old mare did as she was told. “I’m sorry, princess I forgot I had them. What were you saying about a letter?”

“Yes, I would like you to take a letter. It’s for an old friend.”

The old mare got out a piece of parchment and an inkwell. “Go ahead, Princess.”

Nightmare cleared her throat. “Ahem. Dear, Odin ruler of the northern lands across the sea. This is Equestria's true queen talking. I want you and your army to come back to Equestria.
I wish for you to serve me and if you do I will reward you with the land that was stolen from you by the griffin tribe. If you don’t answer this letter I will assume that you are on your way.
Yours truly Equestria’s true queen.”

The old mare read the letter out loud. “Why do you refer to yourself as queen all of a sudden? If you don’t mind me asking.”

`When did servants start to question their leaders?´

“Odin is old fashioned and he would not care about a letter from, a princess.”

“Oh, I see. I’ll have this sent right away, princess.”

“Good. Keep me informed. I want to know when and if they answer. Now keep on working.”

The old mare bowed and Nightmare exited the library. “Now let’s here. Oh my, how can, princess Celestia possible expect me to able to send this across the sea? I’ll send this to, princess Twilight. She should be able to send it to its right location.”

The old mare sent the letter away, but she quickly realized that she forgot something. “Ops. Maybe I should have mentioned that, Princess Celestia is the one who wanted it to be sent. Oh well, Twilight is smart girl. I think she will do the right thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over in Ponyville. Princess Twilight Sparkle was sorting through the books inside the library. Her assistance Spike had gone to aid Rarity in her search for gems. “Silly, Spike. Everpony knows that: The elements of harmony a reference guide goes under e and not t.” She said with a chuckle.

Then suddenly a scroll materialized out of a puff of smoke. “Hmm! A letter…..and a note.” She picked up the note. It read. “Dear Princess. I know you are very busy, but I was hoping that you could send this letter for me. I’m not strong enough to do it myself.
With love Mrs, Bookworm.”

Twilight looked at the letter’s location tag. “To the northern capital across the sea? Hmm, that is odd why would anypony send anything over there. Well I’ll just send it and continue with whatever I was doing.”

Her horn lit up and the letter was on it’s way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hours later.

“Lord Odin! Lord Odin!” A servant shouted.

Odin opened his one eye and shot him the servant an annoyed glance. “You better have a good reason to interrupt my nap! Now tell me what is it about!” His voice boomed with force.

Once the servant realized what he had done he started sweating. He quickly got down and bowed as low as he could. “Forgive me! But It’s a letter from the queen of Equestria!”

Odin grabbed the letter and read it to himself. “Interesting……..GATHER EVERYONE! We are going back to Equestria!”

“Yes my lord!” The servant ran out from the tent where his lord had been residing.

Odin walked outside and gazed upon his army. It had been so many years that he had almost forgotten everything about Equestria. This letter had reignited his lust for blood and he was grinning like a madman. “Equestria…… How I long to reclaim what was once mine. “Höhöhöhöhöhöhhö!” His loud laughing caught the attention of his sons and they all cheered for whatever event which had brought their father’s smile back to his lips.

Author's Note:

Second chapter woho! Things are starting to build up.

I hope you enjoy it and if you see any grammar errors feel free to point them out. I'm editing these to the best of my ability and I hope they are readable.

Chapter 3 will come eventually.