• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 4,421 Views, 134 Comments

Nightmare of a mother. - Mrchibivampire



Nightmare Moon is back and she traps Celestia in the body of a foal. Now we follow Nightmare as she cares for her new daughter and tries to take over Equestria.

  • ...
12
 134
 4,421

An invisible friend.

Mrs, Emerald Dream were walking towards the hospital wing of the castle. She was taking the Princess to see Dr,Scalpel, their private doctor. So that she could get a basic examination. You can never be too careful when it comes to the health of a foal, even if that said foal used to be a several thousands year old demigod.

Despite being blind from birth. Over time Mrs, Dream was able to learn how to utilize her magic to allow her to see the basic structure of everything around her.
If she wants to get a more detailed view she can focus on an object or a pony in front of her. However, this limits her field of view.

She pushed the stroller along the hallways. Her horn gave of a slight shimmer as she focused her mind onto the stroller and not surprisingly she could see that Aurora was asleep, not so strange considering that she had just eaten.

Dr, Scalpel. A young good looking stallion that just happens to be one of the best doctors in all of Equestria. He came to Canterlot to study and shortly after his arrival, Princess Celestia discovered him. She took an interest in him after he cured her stomach ache. She was impressed by his knowledge of medical herbs and magical treatment.
It is not often someone so young is capable of combining the two so perfectly. But then again Zebras has always had knack for that kind of thing.
Despite his young age and his lack of experience in the field, Princess Celestia took him in, allowing him to study under the very best. After two decades of hard work and studying he became Princess Celestia’s private doctor and ever since Luna’s return he also became hers. He is always ready for anything.

Mrs, Dream arrived to the doctors door and she knocked on it gently. “Doctor are you here?” She said as she opened the door. The doctor was nowhere to be seen. She pushed the stroller inside

“Hello! Doctor are you here?” She then tripped over something and slammed her head into a bookshelf. “Ouch!” She rubbed the side of her head. “Oh, I'm sorry are you okay? I’m so sorry I did not see you!”

“Well I don’t blame you Mrs,Dream. After all you are blind and I could chosen a better location to nap on, but the sunspot was so warm and cozy”

Mrs, Dream heard A loud yawn followed by him smacking his lips. A hand fitted with sharp claws grabbed a hold of her face and held it firmly.
Her head was tilted slightly to the right. “You are hurt! Good thing I’m here so that there is nothing for you to fear.” She felt his scaly lips pressing against her wound and shortly afterwards she could feel his long wet tongue as it cleaned out her wound.
A few seconds of delicate tongue work came to halt. “Well there we go all disinfected! However your blood sugar is a little high. I would recommend trying to stay away from unnecessary sweets. After all you are not as young as you think you are.”

“I’ll think about it. Thanks.” She could hear the sounds of claws against the floor and judging by the way the sounds faded she assumed that he walked over to the crib. She restored her vision and looked over at the stroller, but to her surprise the doctor was not there. “Doctor where did you go?”

“Hmm! Oh, sorry. I’m hanging from the roof, I had to stretch out my body.”

Mrs, Dream looked up and saw the shape of the doctor hanging upside down and holding on by his tail. She was about to comment on his actions, but he started talking before she was able to.

“Now who is the little cutie in the stroller?” *Sniff sniff* “Judging by the smell I would say Princess Celestia, but judging by my vision I would Say Luna and judging by both of them I have to the conclusion that, the little one is…….. Someone I have never meet before. Is she perhaps the love child of the princesses? That would explain both the smell and the appearance.”

Mrs, Dream focused her mind on the doctor, allowing everything else in her field of vision to fade away. “That’s a good guess, but it’s wrong.” With the grace of a cat Scalpel dropped down from the ceiling. “That is actually, Princess Luna. She got regressed both physically and mentally by her sister.”

“Oh…..my.” *Sigh* “When are those two going to learn that wine and godlike powers don’t mix! I mean honestly this is not the first time they done something like this………..Wait you said mentally as well, correct?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“Well then! What am I supposed to do? Did, Celestia want me to cure her? Cause if that’s the case…….. then I’m politely going to refuse. A physical regression is simple to reverse, but a mental one is a bit more tricky and I don’t have any experience in that area. But it’s just an age spell, right?”

“I would suppose so, bu-” Mrs, Dream was cut off by Scalpel.

“Then we just have to wait! All age spells are temporary.”

“Yes bu-” She was once again cut off by Scalpel and she was starting to get annoyed.

“So how about I just give her a normal checkup……... and then I’ll give you one. If you know what I mean. Hint int. Blink blink.” Scalpel said with a smirk.

Mrs, Dreams face turned red as a tomato. “How can say such a thing in front of the, Princess?! Mind your manners, Docto-” She was cut off once again. This time by Scalpel’s tail wrapping around her mouth.

“She is just a baby! She can’t understand a word that we are saying! Even less so what we are about to do.” He leaned in close to her face and gave her a quick peck on her lips.

Steam escaped from Mrs, Dream’s nostrils. She rose her hoofs into the air and smacked him hard on his cheeks. Scalpel lost his footing and fell onto his back. He rubbed the sides of his face with his scaly hands.. “Ow! Okay I deserve that. I admit, but c'mon you know I’m just playing with you!”

“Oh, I know that, but there are some thing that you just don't say! I admit we did have some fun on our last date and I would not mind doing it again some time. There is only one problem….. I’m not into cross species intercourse. So as long as you and, Discord are having issues with each other. You my dear, Doctor. Are not going to get any from me!”

Scalpel sat up and crossed his arms. “Hmmmmm. So either I keep this awesome lizard body that have hands, a very useful tail, night vision, superiors senses and is warm blooded, but won’t be getting any olala. Don’t get me wrong I like you, but I could probably find a mare that’s willing to give me olala.” He received a cold stare from Mrs, Dream.
He cleared his throat. “Ahem! *Sigh* I’ll try to work something out with, Discord.”

“Good.” Mrs, Dream walked over to the stroller and cradled Aurora in her hooves. “Now how about that examination?” She said with a smile on her lips.

“Well of course let’s get it unde-” Suddenly Scalpel’s pupils narrowed. He opened his mouth and he salivated so heavily that it was dripping onto the floor. He slowly creeped towards to Mrs, Dream. With a loud hiss he rose to his hind legs and reached out with his arms towards the sleeping foal.

Mrs, Dream backed away slowly until she hit a wall. “Doctor are you okay? You are scaring me…..Scalpel!”

“Huh!…….” He snapped out of whatever had taken hold of him.
He looked down at the frightened mare in front of him and he quickly backed off. “We are sorry! We did not know what came over us. We just felt very cold all of sudden and we lost our vision. Did We do something?”

Mrs, Dream gave him a surprised look. She had never heard him refer to himself as we before.“You mean besides looking like you were going to eat me and the princess? No nothing at all!”

“We are Sorry…..maybe we should get this fixed right away!
After all we don’t want to hurt anyone. We are a doctor and doctors help people. We do not hurt them. Yes, we do not. Yes. Yes. Yes.” He violently shook his head and looked down at his claws. “This is not who we are. We will take care of this as soon as possible. Now let’s make sure that, Lunch…… I mean, Luna! is alright.”

Mrs, Dream put Aurora back in the stroller and opened the door. She was concerned for both her own safety and the princess’s “I’m going to take her to another doctor. Come find me when you’re back to normal!” She walked away and kicked the door shut with one of her hind hooves.

“But………we…...are their doctor.” He said with sadness in his voice. He sat motionless for a few minutes, trying to comprehend what he just had said and done. “We need to cool our head.He walked into his bathroom and splashed his face with cold water.
He slowly rose his head and looked into the mirror. “What have we done? This is not who we are. We are not a monster. WE ARE NOT A MONSTER!” He slammed his hist into the mirror, shatering it.
“Sleep, we need sleep. Must rest! Yes, yes. We need rest” He walked over to the bathroom carpet and curled up into a ball.

The sun shined upon him and he quickly fell asleep. Unaware that part of his soul had been stolen from him.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Don’t you worry, Mrs, Dream. Princess Lun…. I mean, Princess Aurora is healthy as a horse.” An old doctor said.

“That’s wonderful!” Mrs, Dream gazed out over the room.” You seem to be having an awful lot of clients today. Is it something I should be concerned about?”

“No not all. We just have an odd case of the shivers today. Almost everyone in the castle have been getting a severe case of sudden shivering. It’s odd though, everyone who’s been affected by it told me that it only happened once and that it lasted for about five minutes.
Most of the ones that are here are at good health, but they wanted to stay for observation. Just in case. So there is nothing to worry about. If you get a case of the shivers, just relax and it will relent in a few minutes.”

“Maybe there is a ghost lose in the castle. Hahahaha!”

“Well nightmare night is almost upon us.” He chuckled.

They shared a laugh while Mrs, Dream placed Aurora in the stroller again. “Well thank you for your time.”

“I’m only doing my job.” The old stallion said.

Mrs, Dream put a blanket over Aurora so that she would not get cold. They headed back to the nursery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nameless spectre had been working hard and it had almost completed the quest it had been given to it by its master. It floated along the halls of the castle, searching for the last of the servants it had yet to harvest.
It floated up towards two unharvested guards.

“So how is your wife? I heard there was some complications during her pregnancy and that she had to go to the hospital.” The spectre reached over the guards armor with its bony finger and phased it hand through it and into the unsuspecting guard’s body.

“Well….she is doing alri-” He was interrupted by the other guard whose teeth were rattling like crazy.

“Brr, did it just get colder here?” He exhaled and white smoke could be seen flying through the air. “I don’t feel so good……….it’s so..so..so.so so co..co..co..cold. Phew.” The color slowly drained from the guards face as the spectre grabbed a hold of his heart.

The spectre stared straight into the guard’s soul and slowly absorbed part of it. Once the spectre felt satisfied it loosened its grip on the guard’s heart and proceeded to do the same thing to other guard.

“Are you okay?” The other guard said. He was worried about his friend and was about to take him to the doctor’s office. When suddenly he felt really cold as well. His words came to a halt and he felt as if he was about to freeze to death. “It’s co..co..co..cold.”

This spectre might not the most subtle one in the art of soul snatching, but it gets the job done.
It continued its search for unharvested ones. It floated past a door and from behind it the spectre sensed a spirit that was beyond anything it had ever sensed before. It phased through the door and looked for the one that it had sensed. It laid eye on princess Aurora who was playing with a pink ball decorated with stars.

The spectre came to a halt. it had never seen such a tiny living being before. It fascinated it how much spirit this little one had in comparison to everyone else it had harvested. It decided to observe this tiny creature for a while. In hope of gaining some answers.

Aurora was sitting on the fluffy carpet which covered the entire floor of the nursery. She was happy and all she wanted to do was to play all day long, but she did miss her mommy a little. She rolled the ball a little too hard and it went underneath a closet. She crawled up to the closet but she was unable to see her ball and this made her upset. Her lower lip started quivering and tears were forming in her eyes.

The spectre noticed a rapid change in the little ones state of mind. It did not fully understand why this had happened. It saw the ball that she had been playing with earlier and the gears inside its head started turning. It wasn't sure if the ball had anything to do with the sudden change, but it took the chance and phased its arm trough the bottom of the closet to retrieve the ball.

Just as Aurora was about to cry due to the loss of her ball. She suddenly saw it hovering in the air. It looked funny and she started laughing. The spectre took notice of her sudden change of mind. It placed the ball on the ground and pushed it towards the little one.

Aurora did not understand what was going on. Was there someone there? does he want to play? She rolled the ball back to where it had hovered.

To the Spectre’s great surprise the little one pushed the ball back. It prevented the ball from going back under the closet. It wondered why the little one had pushed it back. Did she not want it?

Aurora waited excited to catch the ball once her invisible friend rolled it back to her. The ball however did not move. This upset her. Why would her new friend not want to play with her? Tears formed in her eyes and she began to sob.

Once again, the little one’s state of mind had gone from happy to sad. The Spectre looked at her, then at the ball, then back to her and finally back to the ball. It grabbed the ball and rolled it back to her.

Aurora caught the ball and she laughed happily. She had found a new friend, even if said friend was invisible. She giggled as they continued to roll the ball back and forth between each other. Time faded quickly as they played. Suddenly the door was opened. Mrs, Dream walked into the room with a bottle of milk levitating in front of her.

This caught the Spectre of guard and it flew high into the air, despite it knowing that no one could see It. It watched as the unfamiliar mare walked up to the little one.

Mrs, Dream cradled Aurora in her arms and presented the bottle to her. Aurora took bottle and closed her eyes as she drank. “That’s a good girl.”

The Spectre was confused again. The little ones mind set had been changing so rapidly ever since that mare had entered the room. It had gone from happy to sad, back to happy and then finally it had settled in on a relaxed state. It was not able to comprehend how this was happening and it was driving It insane.

Aurora finished her bottle and Mrs, Dream proceed to burp her.
She held the foal close to her chest. “Now wasn't that jummy?” She said in a sweet motherly tone. Aurora responded with a big jawn. “Oh, it looks like a certain somepony is sleepy weepy. Let’s get you into a fresh diaper and then I believe it’s nap time.”

Mrs, Dream changed Aurora’s diaper and put her to bed. She proceeded to cast a spell on her crib which created a listening ward. That way she would be able to be in another room and still be able to hear if anything happened. To put it simply she placed the Equestrian equivalent of a baby monitor by her crib.

The Spectre was fascinated by how the mare was able to manipulate the little one so easy. It looked over at the sleeping princess and made a decision of his own. It wanted that power for himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightmare had climbed to the highest tower in the castle, the location where Luna and Celestia normally stood when they interacted with their chosen celestial object.
Nightmare’s eyes were locked onto the sun, that revolting ball of fire which bathed the world of Equestria in its despicable light.
Her hatred for said object had no limit and she wished for nothing, but to banish it into the dark depths of space, never to be seen again. She focused her magic onto it and started lowering it. At Least that was her intention, but instead of disappearing over the horizon it only seemed to glow brighter.

“How dare you disobey your master!” Nightmare once again focused her magic onto the sun and once again the sun refused to be lowered. It was mocking her and she swore she could hear it laughing at her feeble attempts. “HOW DARE YOU LAUGH AT YOUR QUEEN!” In her rage her she could feel her disguise being torn from her body.

Her skin slowly peeled itself off her body and burned to ash the moment the pieces touched the ground, black smoke sprung from her everflowing rainbow mane, slowly her black coat emerged from underneath her smoking body.
Nightmare’s disguise was no more. “You will bow TO ME!” Focusing all of her power onto the wretched sun. Once again the sun did not lower. “AHHHHH!” Purple flames sprung from her body and a massive flame pillar shot through the roof.
The sky blackened and the sun’s light was no longer reaching the city of Canterlot. Lighting struck down into the city with massive force. Destroying homes and lives alike.

everything in the tower had been burned to ash. Nightmare was barely able to stand, her heart beating like a jackhammer and she could feel her continued slipping away.
She fell and hit the floor hard. “Victory…..is…...mine.” As she claimed her victory over the sun a tiny sunray broke through the black cloud and hit her straight in the eyes.

“I will never bow to a false Queen like yourself.” A voice roaring like fire said. “A creature that is neither dead or alive, who lacks a childhood, have no real emotions, one who doesn’t suffer from hunger or fatigue.
A creature hated by all living things. A creature who lacks a birthright. A creature born from the suppressed emotions and jealousy of a demigod. A creature who has no place in this world. You were never meant to exist in the first place, Nightmare!” The voice said.

Tears streamed down Nightmare’s cheeks as the harsh words of reality came crashing down upon her. “That is not true.” She whispered. “My life has meaning, my daughter and I will rule theses lands and nothing is going to stop me!”

“The one you call daughter is no one else than the one who bested you so many years ago. No matter what you say, no matter what you do. That won't’ change.
You are no different from the spectre you brought to life. A lifeless husk that’s living in between life and death. That is a child worthy of you!
You will never be anything but a fraud, that is trying to live someone else's life.”

“SHUT UP! Leave me alone!” Nightmare screamed.

“I’m part of you now and I will never stop telling the truth.” The voice said as it faded away.

Nightmare laid on the cold floor crying her eyes out. “There is one light in my life and that light is, Aurora.” She heard the sound of hooves running up the stairs. Using the last of her strength she disguised herself once more. Her consciousness faded and she passed out.

The guards broke down the charred remains of the door and found the Princess laying in a sea of ash. “TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL WING AND SOMEONE FIND DR, SCALPEL!” A guard commanded.

Author's Note:

Well this took a lot longer than I expected.
I don't know how may times I rewrote this chapter, but finally I feel somewhat happy with it.
I hope you enjoy it.

Heads up I don't have an editor. I do my best to get everything right and I hope that it's readable.
Next chapter is in the works.

Also I edited the Description.