• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 4,421 Views, 134 Comments

Nightmare of a mother. - Mrchibivampire



Nightmare Moon is back and she traps Celestia in the body of a foal. Now we follow Nightmare as she cares for her new daughter and tries to take over Equestria.

  • ...
12
 134
 4,421

Chapter 7

“Odin’s log.
Some time has passed since we departed from, Dura est infernum, the frozen hellhole of a land that we pathetically call home. This sea is a formidable opponent, but I know that this army of mine won’t fail. The lands of Equestria… Our ancestral home. We were driven out by the gods and their beloved half breeds...the alicorns. My grandfather swore on our family honor, that we one day would reclaim it.
The flames that once represented the Equestrian gods have since long faded and, now only a few embers remain. Why would they call upon us? Perhaps this ember is unaware of what we are, but nonetheless. Times have changed and now we have our own gods, mighty gods who have blessed my people with strength and power.
The time has come and soon Equestria will once more belong to us. Either the queen bows to me... Or Equestria and her people, burns!”

Frey, the god of phallic fertility had blessed the bulls with a copy of his mighty ship Skidbladnir, but unlike the original ship. This one can’t be folded to fit in ones pocket, nor does its sails always carry a favorable wind in them. It is simply a mortal ship with godlike architecture, and few would be crazy enough to attack it.
The cold rain pattered against the ship’s white deck.
The winds were cold and the waves indicated a worried sea.
The decks were busy, over a thousand bulls were running around, following their orders and making sure the ship stayed afloat. Below deck another 4 thousand bulls are working hard as usual.

Outside Odin’s cabin. Stands, his two sons. Thor, his firstborn and Loki, his second born.
Just like their father they have in the past proven themselves in battle and the ancient gods of the north has found them worthy to carry their blessing. They were granted powers beyond a mortals comprehension and, given the honor of carrying the name of the god, that had blessed them.

Thor, is a bull with a gray coat whose horns have split into a majestic display of 20 tags. A beautiful display, only surpassed by his father alone.
His sheer size makes other bulls look like mere calfs, his eyes carries the blue color of lightning. He is a powerful young bull blessed with the strength of giants and, he carries the divine blessing of thunder.

Thor sniffed the air and growled in a deep tone. “There is storm brewing, my brother.”

Standing by his side wearing a massive cloak that covers his entire body, is his brother in arms Loki. Compared to his brother he looks rather tiny, but in the eye of his people he is still an unusually big bull.

Loki gazed at the seemingly never ending ocean that laid before them. “I advised you to not indulge yourself in such a ridiculous amount of beans, for supper last night,” he said with a smirk.

Thor softly smacked the back of his brother's head with one of his huge hooves. “Very funny… The sea is worried and our presence is not having a calming effect.”

Loki pulled back the hood on his cloak, revealing a young bull with a dark blue coat and a single horn with 8 tags. He turned to his brother and looked him in the eyes. “Do you fear that our presence has awakened the elder snake?”

Thor got quiet for a moment. “No, I do not fear anything in this world. However I do fear for the well being of our people.”

“Relax, brother. It will take a lot more than a stormy sea to make these bulls fall victim to fear.”

“Brother, I know that these bulls will face anything, they do not fear death, but a mortals flesh is easily damaged and we all know that we rather face death than becoming a burden for our fellow warriors.”

“You worry too muc-” Loki was interrupted by a bull, wearing the heavy, white battle armor, of Odin.

The bull kneeled down and lowered his head. “My lords, we have a problem!”

Then speak!” Thor roared.

The bull raised his head. “We have been found by the elder snake’s offspring!”

Loki pulled his hood back and once again concealed his face in darkness. “How many?”

“Eight!” Thor said.

Loki glanced at his brother. “How do you know?”

Thor’s eyes began to glow and his horns were struck by two bolts of lightning. “Sixteen red eyes, brother.” Thor pointed at the bull who was still kneeling. “Inform our father and return to your post!”

The bull rose to his feet and placed a hoof on over his heart. “May Asgard’s heroes be with us,” He disappeared into the king’s cabin.

Eight massive black serpents with glowing red eyes, sharp external tusks and, hundreds of sharp teeth submerged from the depths. They all roared in perfect unity shaking the very ocean itself.

Loki grabbed a dagger with his teeth and said, “do you truly believe that we need father’s help with these worms?”

“Normally I would say no, but I would prefer that we still have an army when we arrive in Equestria. So watch where you are swinging that thing.”

“Point taken.” Loki looked up at the serpents and smirked. “Bet I can take down more than you!” He leaped into the air and dived into the ocean.”

“Pfth, I’ll be dead before that ever happens,” he rose to his back legs and slammed his front hooves hard against the deck. “Argh!” he roared and two bolts of lightning shoot from his horns, they merged into a single bolt midair and, engulfed one of the serpent’s head, successfully taking its life.

Four of the remaining serpents sank their tusks into the body of the ship and began tearing it apart. “For Asgard!” The bulls roared as they all charged towards the beasts with their long white spears.
The warriors managed to get two of the serpents to release their grips on the ship and quickly ran over to assist their brethren, with the two remaining serpents.

The two serpents that were forced from the ship began sucking water into their bodies, they compressed the water and fired it in a short burst with devastating force. The blast hit the deck and sent several bulls overboard.
They prepared to fire another wave, but suddenly several long tentacles emerged from beneath them and squeezed them so hard that the water they had gathered forced its way out from their bodies.

A giant blue octopus surfaced from the depths, it wrapped more of its tentacles around the two serpents and slammed them so hard against each other that their skulls cracked, causing them to lose consciousness.
The blue octopus proceeded to devour the two serpents before it moved on to the next ones. “Yuck! I have never liked the taste of these thing.” The octopus said.

Thor landed on the octopus’ head. “Nice outfit, brother it really makes your eyes sparkle.” He slammed his hooves together once more, successfully killing another serpent.

“These serpents stand no chance against us and our mighty warriors!” Loki said.

The remaining four serpents fled into the depths of the ocean. Thor landed on the deck. His eyes stopped glowing and, he raised his hoof into the air. “The serpents have fled back to their mother in fear, and we are victorious!” He shouted.

The army roared in victory, but their cheers came to an abrupt halt as the ocean began to shudder once more. Something shoot out of the ocean, roaring so loudly that the very heavens shook and, in its wake followed a giant wave, luckily Loki was able to grab the ship and lift it above his head thus saving it.

“looks like you were correct, brother they quite literally fled to their mother.” Loki said.

“Well we are even at score in this battle. Whoever fails to kill it has to eat it!” Thor roared as his eyes began to glow again. Thunder roared and a great bolt of lightning struck his horns once again.

The mother serpent were more than ten times the size of her babies and was very angry at the ones responsible for bringing death upon her little ones. Her eyes locked onto the ship and she began sucking massive amounts of water into her body.

Thor, let loose a barrage of lightning bolts, but they simply bounced of the mother’s massive body. “Not good,” Thor mumbled under his breath.

Loki catapulted himself out of the water and once again took the form of a bull wearing a cloak. He landed on the serpent’s skin and began running towards its head. He grabbed his dagger and scanned the serpents massive body.. `I have to make it to one of its vitals points or else both the army and the ship is doomed.´ He thought.

Loki was fast, but not fast enough and the mother had plenty of time to fire the giant ray of water at the ship. The water-ray sliced through the ocean like butter and was only a few meters away from consuming the whole ship.

The warriors put a hoof to their chest and they all said. “We will meet again in the great halls of Asgard.”

Lightning struck and Odin were now standing on the edge of the ship. “If you want something done you got to do it yourself.” He sighed.
He looked at the giant water ray and he removed his eyepatch. The giant ray of water instantly froze and crumbled into thousands of tiny shards.

Loki, glanced at the ship and saw that his father had removed his eyepatch. His entire face turned white and he quickly jumped off the serpent's body, he allowed his cloak to devour him and a blue corp flew towards the ship as fast as it could.

The mother lowered her head a bit and roared at the ship with all the power she could muster, the force of her voice, sent hundreds of soldiers off the ship and into the cold water. However, Odin did not care in the slightest.
He looked into the beasts eyes and simply starred.

The mother felt as if her head were being crushed between the teeth of an even bigger beast. Her blood froze and she could feel the cold hand of death on her head. It was a feeling that she had inherited from her mother, the elder snake. She knew instinctively that the beast before her was not to be messed with.
The mother’s roar died out and she dove back into the black ocean, so she could mourn the loss of her children.

Odin put his eyepatch back on and slowly walked back into his cabin like nothing had happened. Thor and Loki, returned to their post in silence. The remaining warriors did the same and not a single word was spoken that night.

Odin, the white mosse that carries the divine blessings of divine command. He is one of a kind and can be recognized by his divine white coat, his massive horns with thirty tags and, his black eyepatch.
Some say that he politely declined the offer to join the gods at the great halls of Asgard and that he returned to the living with the power of gods

“Odin’s log.
This evening we were attack by the Midgard serpent’s offspring. And in the end they bowed down to the strength of my sons. Just like everyone who dares to attack us. It won’t be long until we reach the shores of Equestria… the fated day is upon us.”

_ _ _

With a loud groan Spike opened his eyes, but quickly closed them again as they were meet by a very bright light. He scooted backward and shielded his eyes with his hand, something he would come to regret as he fell of whatever he was on and bumped his head on the ground.

He put his hands on his head and rubbed it carefully. “Ouch!” he opened his eyes again and saw a ridiculously clean silver table. “What was I doing on top of that table? an ever better question, where am I?” he looked around himself.
He was inside a big room, there were several odd contraptions and, everything including the floor, was painted a shiny silver color. He got back on his feet and began brushing dust from his body, using his hands.

“That won’t be necessary-” A monotone voice said.

The voice caught spike by surprise, he fell backwards and landed on his bottom. “Ow,” this is not my lucky day.” He looked up and saw a sliver creature with red eyes. Spike’s eyes went wide, he began pushing himself backwards, in order to create some space between himself and the creature. “What are you?” he bumped into something, turned his head and saw the very same creature, now standing behind him.

“This facility is 100% from any kind of dirt or bacteria. There is no need to brush something off your body that was never here in the first place, right?” the creature said with a friendly smile.

“I...I guess you're right.” Spike said nervously. He took a good look at the creature in front of him. It reminded him of the little sister creature, from the picture book ponyshock a sea of dreams, it was even wearing a very similar dress, only difference was the complete lack of colors.

“What kind of creature are you? how old are you? are there others like you? what were you doing out there? what do you us-” Spike put his claw on its mouth, successfully silencing it.

“Slow down a little, okay?” he slowly removed his hand from her mouth.

The creature took a few steps back and awkwardly, yet neatly folded its hands “I’m sorry, I got a little excited. I always do when I find a species that I have no data on.”

“That’s okay. How about we play a game? I ask you one question and then you ask me one, then we go back and forth like that until we are both satisfied?”

“I have never played that game before, but it sounds fun! you go first.”

“Okay! hmm.” Spike rubbed his chin. “What is your name?”

“My name is Eva. It’s short for, Ever. Evolving. Vocal. Artificial intelligence. My turn?”

“Yeah, but can you talk a little quieter? sorry, but your voice is kind of...weird.”

“Oh…” Eva’s smile turned itself upside down and she looked a little sad.

Spike saw the change and began to apologize. “I’m sorry, I did not mean it like that! It’s just that you look so cute and your voice is so...emotionless.” `Real smooth, Spike… You freaking dumbass!´ he thought.

* * *

Rarity feel a sharp pain in her legs and it caused her to wake from her unconscious state. She tried moving her limbs, but she quickly realized that she was strapped down and the bindings were not budging.
Her heart began beating faster and she was started to feel very uneasy. She felt another sharp pain in her legs. She tried to see what was going on, but the strap around her head denied her any kind of movement. “What is the meaning of this!” she yelled.

two red dots meet her eyes and slowly made their way closer to her. Two pair of silver hands with very sharp looking nails slammed down onto the table, causing it to vibrate. “Why is this one awake? it is supposed to be asleep!” a monotone voice said.

“You are the one doing horribly things to me! I demand th-” the creature gripped her chins with a third arm. Its sharp nails were slowly piercing Rarity’s cheeks.

Silence! we were not talking to you, subject!” the creature yelled. “It seems as we are going to need more anesthetics for this one.” One of the creature’s finger’s melted into its hand and reformed itself as a syringe, filled with blue liquid. “Let the dissection commence.”

* * *

After a few moments of silence Eva said “Well…um… Do you want me to change it?”

“You can change your voice?”

Eva nodded in response. Her eyes momentarily lit up. “How about this?” She said, now sounding very similar to Sweetie Bell.

Spike’s jaw fell and he had to push it back up. “Wow! that is cool!”

“I know, right! I can alter my voice and, physical appearance, to fit my all my different needs. It’s very convenient.”

“I bet!” Spike said enthusiastically

“Especially when I on a daily basis perform physical dissecting on living subjects in order to gather data about them. I tend to need all kinds of equipment, like saws, hammers and, many others.

Spike’s enthusiasm died down and he began to feel very uneasy. “...What?”

“I mean, can you imagine all the time I would waste, having to attach a separate physical attachment mid surgery? only because there was a bone preventing me from removing the subjects brain? I mean that is just silly.”

“Ha...ha...ha” Spike laughed nervously. “Yeah, but you don’t do that kind of stuff do you?”

Eva crossed her arms and pouted. “Well… Not in my current state anyway, Maria doesn't want me to help most of the times, she says I’m too clumsy, but we are equal in all aspects! she is a real meanie most of the times! so I usually only get to clean up after her.

* * *

Maria injected Rarity with the blue liquid and reshaped her hands into, one bone-saw, six scalpels, three on each hand and, her last hand stayed the same. She gently caressed Rarity's Chest and, looked into her eyes. “I will enjoy this and the more you scream” She put her mouth next to Rarity’s ear and whispered. “The better.”

Rarity began to feel woozy from the shot she just received and she struggled to keep her eyes open. Maria placed one of her scalpels against her chest, causing a tiny, but steady flow of blood.
“Your pain...will bring us joy!” Maria said in a soft voice. She arched back and grabbed her throat with her free hand. “Testing, testing… Ragh! Eva! what is that brat doing?” she clenched her fist in annoyance. “Whatever! we will deal with her later, despite our now annoyingly high pitched voice, we can still finish dissecting this subject.”

* * *

“Who is Maria? your big sister?” Spike asked.

“Even though she is a lot bigger than me physically, we are technically the same age. But you may refer to her as my big sister, if you want too, I don’t mind.

“Huh? so she is bigger than you, but you are the same age?”

“Yes, but she’s only got a bigger body than me because, she hogs most of the liquid metal. In the past we shared it equally and were the same size.”

“I don’t really understand what you’re talking about, but it sounds unfair!”

“It totally is!” Eva whined. “And on top of that, she is also hogging most of the facilities available energy!”

“That is definitely not fair!... Can’t you take some…whatever you called it from her, so it becomes more equal?”

“Yes I can! and I will!” Eva’s eyes changed from red to blue and the entire room got a little brighter.

* * *

“Now where were we? Oh, that’s right. We were about to dissect this subject,” Maria laughed as she walked back towards the table Rarity was laying on, but she was so caught up in her own messed up thoughts that she failed to notice the small silver drops sliding down her body, onto the floor and into the other room.
She walked straight into the table’s edge and smacked her forehead. A loud metallic clank echoed through the room. She put her hand on her forehead and stared blankly at the table for a moment. “... Did we accidently make the table higher?... No, we would remember such a thing. She brought her hand to her face, her long nails were gone and it was a whole lot smaller. She put two and two together and quickly came to a conclusion.
Eva! we are going to kill you!” she screamed. She stormed out of the room and, slammed the door hard on her way out.

The loud bang caused Rarity to snap back into reality. She groggily moved her hoof to her eye, rubbing it slightly and, that’s when she realized that she was no longer strapped to the table. She focus her mind and sent a magical surge of adrenaline through her body.
“Oh, I hate doing that, the surge makes my mane looks horrific, but now is not the time to worry about my mane. I need to find Spike and escape this madhouse.” She jumped down from the table and casted a illumination spell. She looked around the room and saw a nearby door. She galloped towards the door and tore it open.

* * *

Eva grew a few inches in size and two extra arms emerged from her body. “I feel much better now!” she said with glee.

“You look much better too!” Spike said and gave her a thumbs up.

“Yay! let’s continue playing!”

“Okay!”

“It’s my turn, right? Erhm, what’s your name?”

“My name is Spike and I’m a baby dragon.”

“Well it’s nice to meet you, Spike! wow a real dragon, this is a dream come true! now you ask me a question.”

“Hmm, okay. Hmm, how old are yo-”

Maria walked down the facility, it did not take long for her to find her target. “Eva!” she yelled as she laid eye on her sister.

Eva turned around and saw her sister. “Uh oh, this is bad.” Maria walked up to eva, crouched down and stared menacingly into her eyes.

“Hi, sister. Weren’t you busy with something today?” Eva said.

“Oh, we were just about to dissect a subject, when someone decided to steal our share of living metal! causing us to shrink several inches in size thus leading to us not being able to reach the table!”

“Oopsie… But you already had so much more than me! it wasn't fair!”

One of Maria’s eyes made a popping noise, it dimmed, leaving her looking like a cyclop. “Fair? I need the metal, because I’m the one doing all the work around here! and what are you doing?” She turned her head and pointed at Spike. “You’re playing games with a...a… Fat salamander!”

“Hey!” Spike yelled “It’s just baby fat!” he crossed his arm and grunted in annoyance.

Maria raised her hand and slapped Spike across the face, sending him flying.

Spike!” Eva yelled and ran towards him.

Maria dematerialized into a liquid and sank into the floor. She rematerialized herself in front of Eva. She grabbed Eva by the throat and held her in the air. “We are not done with you yet!”

Author's Note:

I'm back! and that is not always a good thing.
It took me way to long to get this chapter up, but now it's finally here and I hope you enjoy it.
I feel that this chapter is a tad boring, but I had to get these events out of the way. Also cliffhanger, because I'm a douche. :P
Also believe it or not, but Skidbladnir is the real name of Frey's boat. (Nordic mythology.)

My editor have yet to look at this, so there are probably some errors, but hopefully it's readable.

Comments are always enjoyed. I don't know when the next chapter will be done, but I'm not abandoning this story.
Have a pleasant day/evening... Or whatever time it is.