• Published 10th Oct 2011
  • 1,162 Views, 4 Comments

Pon, the painter - sektol



the main six are bound together by the rainboom. What nopony knows is, that so is Pon the painter.

  • ...
 4
 1,162

Pon, the painter

He raised his head towards the sky, and to anypony else it would have seemed he turned to stone. Well, it would if everypony around him didn't act the same way. One or two looked at the rest in confusion before raising their own heads, aperently unable to hear the BOOM above them. *But I am getting off track here, it seems. Where was I? oh! right*
He raised his head to the skies at the great BOOM he heard, and what he saw brought him back in time. Or rather, his memories were brought to the past...

Let us start from before the memories he was brought back to. his parents were a famous pianist and a great (but not that well known) writer. They decidet they wanted to teach their little Pon-Pon themselves (well, they named him polish, but prefered calling him Pon-Pon). For some reason, none of them ever thought to teach him how to draw, but he proved to be an acceptable whriter, with a smooth and beautifull hoofwriting. later, his friends took to calling him Pon, after his mother "accidentaly" used his nickname. Well, most of them did. The one called Emerald sometimes called him Polska. Her cutie mark is a round ball, and for some reason it seems like soke moves around inside it. She actually got that cutie mark at
the age of one. She said the "Polska" was from the faraway future (or maybe it was the past?..). Something to do with hamans, himans, or something like that. *But I am getting off track here, it seems. Where was I? oh! right*
Polish, or "Pon", had never really drawn anything, not unless one counts his writing. Most ponies would count his later writing as art, but not that of his younger years.

now, the memories he was brought back to as he looked into the sky. It was the day he would get his cutie mark, but of course he had no idea of this yet. He had been sent into town to buy some thigs, like apples and a few tools his father needed for his writing. On the way home, he had heard a loud BOOM. He jumped at the shock, and as he landed he dropped a quill out of his saddlebag. He bowed to quickly pick it up, before turning in the direction he had heard the boom. What he saw imprinted itself on the back of his eyelids. Without thinking, he took out the ink that had been just below the quill. He opened the ink bottle, dipped the pen, and started drawing on the nearest wall. He only looked back one time, otherwise relying on the picture on the back of his eyelids.
He didn't realise that his cutiemark was there when he looked back. If he had noticed, he wouldn't have cared: this image had to be finished, and nothing could stop him. Some ponies had been able to take their eyes off of the scene that Pon was painting. To them, it seemed almost like the ink was alive.
Once Pon was done, he backed away, the rainboom finished. after a few minutes he turned around to get home, the inverted image of the real rainboom almost completely faded from his eyelids. As he walked away, there was only one set of hoof-beats to be heard, as the few who had torn their eyes from the rainboom seemed to freeze when they turned around.

A few years later, a certain pegasus with a rainbow-colored mane crashed down after an atempt to repeat what she had succeded at only once, long ago. As she raised her head, she dropped her jaw, horrified for a about two seconds. just the thought of someone else succeding at a rainb- Then she realised that it was acctually black, and only seemed to be all the colors of the rainbow. It was a painting. Her horror turned to wonder, and she did not believe anypony could have drawn that perfect a rainboom. Not even if they had used the real colors. *But I am getting off track here, it seems. Where was I? oh! right*

Back in the present, only a few weeks after seing the incredible painting on the wall, the rainbow-maned pegasus repeated the feat. Finally she had made a second rainboom. Pon the painter, as he called himself now raised his head as he heard the sound he had been waiting for since that first time. After a few seconds, he closed his eyes, turning to the nearest wall. There was a broad smile on his face. The first time, he had had no experience, no knowledge about his skills. His cutie-mark was a black-tiped brush, above a rainbow, seeming to have just drawn it. A brush that could draw out all the collers of the world, even with black ink. This time he had some years of experience. As he opened an ink bottle, his cutiemark began to glow, and it almost seemed like the rainboom above had sweapt over it. As this happened, the rainbow of colors seemed to wave over him. "Yes" Pon thought to himself: "This time I have the experience and the knowledge to make it perfect...

this time, I have colors."




(Spoiler and alternate title in coments)

Comments ( 4 )

SPOILER ALERT


...Sometimes, these bonds can create miracles, and even release the power that is sealed within. When such power is released, and the cutiemark is broken, the effect may be stronger than the magic of any unicorn, or even that of an alicorn.

Alternate title: Pon, the painter of life

Wait... what?:rainbowhuh:

11197
It was tagged as random, and that is what it is.

every pony have a special tallent for something, but even though both Trixie and Twilight both have a tallent for magic, Twilights tallent is a lot stronger than Trixies tallent. This means that some are stronger in their tallents than others. Then what would the limit for a tallent be? In this case, the tallent for drawing is so strong that this pony can make drawings seemingly come alive.

oh, and It istagged random for a reason. Idea for beginning popping into my head, start whriting it down, thinking about it only while writing, not changing anything once it is written.

proofread next time, but other than that very interesting.

Fo' Stah's!:coolphoto:

Login or register to comment