• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 6,162 Views, 64 Comments

Guardian of Equestria - Rise of the Blue Sun - BlueSun52



A prophecy was foretold that two great warriors will face off in an epic battle for Equestria.

  • ...
21
 64
 6,162

Chapter 7

Guardian of Equestria-Rise of the Blue Sun
Chapter 7
Listening to One's Heart

It was like any other day in Ponyville. Everypony was enjoying their day, playing games, walking around, shopping, and talking to one another. But then all of a sudden….

“BAM”

“BOOM”

“EVERYPONY RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!”

“WHAT IS THAT THING?”

“LOOK OVER THERE! THERE’S ANOTHER ONE!”

Two insect-like creatures started attacking the town. One of them was a large scorpion that stood on two legs, had four claws, two stingers, and two red eyes. The other creature was a beetle that was a lot bulkier then the other. It had a large horn on its head and it had green eyes. They both crushed everything that was in there way and everypony ran for their lives.

Over at Sweet Apple Acres, Hawke and Applejack were in the middle of bucking down apples from the trees when suddenly they Rainbow Dash coming straight towards. Dash was speeding as fast as she could, but when she was about to get them she couldn’t slow down and crashed right into them. After a minute of everyone getting up and recovering from the crash Applejack asked, “WHAT IN TARNATION HAD GOT INTO YOU DASH?”

“THERE’S NO TIME TO EXPLAIN! THE TOWN IS UNDER ATTACK,” Rainbow Dash quickly replied.

Applejack and Hawke were shocked to hear this…..

“WHAT!? BY WHAT?” Applejack asked.

“THEIR BEING ATTACKED BY TWO MONSTERS THAT LOOKED LIKE GIANT BUGS!” Rainbow Dash answered.

“DID ANYONE GET HURT?” Hawke asked.

“NO, BUT WE BETTER HURRY BEFORE SOMEPONY DOES,” Rainbow Dash replied.

The group started running towards Ponyville. As they were running, they looked at the town where the creatures were. The creatures were causing mayor damages to the homes of the ponies and started throwing objects at them like carts, rocks, and anything they could grab. As the creatures where causing damage, they looked over to where the gang where.

“Ummm….are they looking at us?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Not us…..me,” Hawke commented.

“What makes you say that?” Applejack asked.

The creatures were in fact looking at Markus and started glowing both red and green with rage…..

Hawke then said, “Ohhh….Just got that feeling”

The creatures stopped their attack on the town started charging towards Markus and gang. All Hawke could say was, “RUN AWAY!”

The group ran as fast as they could with the creatures right behind them. Hawke charged up a small energy ball, turn around, and blast it at the beetle. The ball hit its legs and it fell down. The scorpion got close enough and used its stingers on Hawke. Hawke quickly used a fireball on one stinger, while he used his force field to stop the other. The scorpion’s right stinger was burnt up, but it was still able to fight and tried to use his claws to grab him. As the creature was about to grab Hawke, Rainbow Dash swooped in and grabbed Hawke at the last second.

Hawke then said, “Wow, thanks Dash.”

“It was no problem,” Dash replied.

“Hey, throw me up high,” he said

“You got it,” she replied

Dash threw Hawke high in the air and he started falling down towards the scorpion. As Hawke was falling, he used his magic to make spear made from energy, a trick he learned from Twilight. He landed right on top of the creature and shoved the spear on the head. Hawke jumped from it, safely landed on the ground, and the scorpion fell down on the ground dead. The Beetle got back up and saw what had happen to his comrade. It quickly ran and went into the Everfree Forest.

Dash and Hawke celebrated their defeat over the monster, but Applejack said, “I wouldn’t celebrate yet. That other monster went into the forest and it needs to stopped, before any other pony gets hurt.”

Rainbow Dash then replied, “She’s right, let’s go beat that thing into a pulp.”

“Right, so what’s the plan?” Hawke asked.

“I’ll head over to town and see if any pony needs help. You two go into the forest and see if you can catch that thing,” Applejack said.

“Got it,” Hawke replied.

“You got it,” Dash replied as well.

Dash and Hawke started making their way and entered the forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two entered the Everfree Forest half an hour ago and haven’t found the creature yet. It had been a while since they both talked and Hawke decided to ask, “Soooo, Rainbow, what do you do exactly?”

Rainbow Dash: Well I mostly work up in the air clearing or setting up clouds. I’m also training up to be a Wonderbolts.

“Cool……What are the Wonderbolts?” he asked.

Dash stopped in shock, looked at Hawke, and said, “You’ve been here for three weeks and you know nothing of the Wonderbolts?”

“Nope,” he said.

“They are Equestria’s best flyers in the world. They compete in many sports event and they are the best acrobats. Some even have the honors of serving under Princess Celestia,” she said.

“So basically there like the air force in your world?” He asked

“Yeah pretty much. I always wanted to be in it, ever since I was a little filly,” she said.

“Why?” He asked

Well d’aw, because I AM the best flyer in all of Equestria, she said with confidence.

Hawke rolled his eyes around and wondered that he should have come alone.

“So, I was wondering about something,” Dash said

“About what?” Hawke asked

“What do you think of Twilight?” She asked.

Hawke then said, “Well she is nice, smart, very reliable, and…”

Dash interrupted him and said, “Beautiful”?

Hawke blushed and continued, “Y-yes, I think she is quite…beautiful. What make you say that?

“Oh come on! You know what I’m getting at. You love her don’t you?” she commented

Hawke’s face turned red and his heart was pounding none stop. He quickly said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. She and I barley know each other and she’s been like a older sister to me.”

“Oh really, well that’s too bad. She told me that you were one handsome guy and she couldn’t bear to stay away from you,” she said.

“Wait…WHAT, REALLY?” Hawke quick asked with excitement.
Rainbow Dash: It’s just what?

“No, but you should have seen the expression on your face,” Dash said while she was laughing.

Hawke was shocked and said, “WHAT! No fair you tricked me.”

“Well you should have seen that coming lover boy,” she said while she was still laughing.

When Dash was still laughing from out of nowhere, the beetle charged right at them. Dash flew up and Hawke jumped out the Beetle’s way. Hawke landed on the ground, but slipped on some slime and fell into some mud. He had a hard time getting back up and the beetle was charging at him. Hawke kept on slipping and was unable to move out of the way. Before the beetle was near him, Dash quickly grabbed some vine, tied it around a tree, and as the beetle was near, she pulled the vine in the beetle’s way and it started falling. As it was falling, Hawke quickly used his magic to charge up a larger energy ball and pressed it against the beetle’s stomach. The blast sent the creature away in pieces.

Hawke fell back down on the ground in mud and relaxed for a moment. Dash went and sat next to him and said, “I think Rarity is going to mad that you didn’t keep the outfit clean.”

Hawke then replied, “Well, she shouldn’t give a fancy suit like this if it wasn’t made for a hero who fights monsters as a living.”

Dash was laughing and said, “Yeah that’s true”

They both just laid there for a bit and were breathing hard after the battle. Then Hawke said, “Hey Dash.”

“Yeah?” She replied.

“Do you think I even have a chance with Twilight?” He asked

“So you’re finally admitting on being in love with Twilight?” she asked.

“Ok, I’ll admit that I have feelings for her and that I believe they are in fact good feelings. I’m just not sure if I should follow them or not,” he said.

“Well I’m not sure about love in all, but what is stopping you from telling her or asking her out?” she asked.

“Well, not too long ago, I used to like this girl. She was sweet and nice. At one point I thought that we would be together, but I guess when we started growing up, she started seeing me more of a friend then something more. She broke up with me and that was it. For a while it broke my heart, but I was able to get my live together and moved on,” he said.

Dash looked at Hawke with a sad face. She felt sorry that Hawke’s heart was broken and it sounded like to her that the girl didn’t even try to stay with him. Before she could say anything Hawke continued, “I know Twilight isn’t like that. She the type to know what feelings she has and knows what to do with them. I guess I’m just scare of what she might say or I just don’t know how to her what I feel.”

Dash just didn’t know to say and just sat next Hawke, while they were still in the mud. After recovering, they got back to Ponyville and saw the damage the creatures had done. Luckily no pony was hurt and the damage would quickly be repaired. The town’s people once again thanked their hero for stopping the monsters.


The day was at its end and all of Ponyville was once again safe and sound. Hawke headed back to his home after dropping off his clothes at Rarity’s place to get them repaired. As Hawke was walking he heard Dash calling out to him and she said, “Hey Hawke!”

“Yeah?” He replied.

“Just wanted to say thanks for helping our town out again,” she said.

“It’s no problem and thanks again for helping me out with that beetle,” he replied.

“No problem lover boy,” She said.

Hawke smiled and started walking away until Dash said, “I bet she’ll say yes.”

Hawke then turned around to her and said, “Thanks, I had a feeling she would say that. Just need to figure out how or when I’ll tell her.”

Dash smiled and gave him a hug and he hugged her back. They then went their separate ways and Hawke headed home. As he was walking, he thought to himself and said, “Lord, please tell me what to do next.”

End of Chapter 7

Author's Note:

I decided to make a cover for each chapter from here on, I may go back and put covers on the previous chapters, but I might not do it. Mostly because to be truthful I'm kinda lazy.

I know the creatures don't look too so well drawn, but I'm new to drawing pictures on a ipad so your gonna have to bear with me on this.

Hope you all enjoy the story.