• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 6,156 Views, 64 Comments

Guardian of Equestria - Rise of the Blue Sun - BlueSun52



A prophecy was foretold that two great warriors will face off in an epic battle for Equestria.

  • ...
21
 64
 6,156

Chapter 4

Guardian of Equestria-Rise of the Blue Sun
Chapter 4
A new life in Ponyville

A week has passed since Hawke defeated the rock golem and became the town of Ponyville’s new hero. While the town’s people were busy fixing some of the buildings that were destroyed by the golem, Hawke has been in hospital resting after the battle and his right arm had burnt, because of the overuse of his magic. He has been laying down on his bed thinking about what Princess Celestia had told him about the prophecy and that he was the savior of their world and he had to defeat a dark force that is to descend on Equestria on the day of the red moon. All that he could think of right now was, “Oh God! Oh God! Oh God! How did this happen? First I came into a world that is populated by human like ponies, then I get attacked by a giant rock monster that came out of nowhere and found out that I have powers, and then I’m told that I am the single most important person, because of a prophecy that says that I would be the only one to save it from a evil villain that would cover the lands into an eternal abyss if I don’t stop it……….I think I asked more then I had bargained for.”

While Hawke was still thinking about the news, Twilight and her friends came in to visit him and she asked, “Hey there Hawke, how are you doing?”

“I’m doing pretty well, the arm is doing better and the burn marks are about gone,” he replied

“Oh! That’s wonderful news,” Fluttershy said.

Rainbow Dash then added, “Well, of course he would after what he did to that rock monster. That was just awesome.”

“It sure was Dash, so got any ideas of when they might let you out Hawke?” Applejack asked.

“They say if everything goes well today, they might let me out of the hospital today,” Hawke replied.

Then Pinkie Pie yelled, “WOOHOO! ALRIGHT! WE CAN FINALLY GIVE YOU A WELCOME PARTY AND A HERO’S PARTY AS WELL.”

“Oh right! I forgot that you guys said that you were getting a party ready for me,” Hawke said.

“It’s ok; after all I don’t blame you for forgetting it after lying in bed for almost a week of doing absolutely nothing,” Pinkie Pie replied.

“Yeah thanks,” Hawke said and asked, “by the way, where is Spike and Rarity?”

“Well Spike is back in the library getting everything ready for the party, while Rarity said she was making something special for you,” Twilight answered.

“Cool, do you know what she is making?” Hawke asked.

Applejack then answered, “I don’t know, but knowing Rarity it’s probably something fancy and amazing.”

“Wow! ......Oh yeah one more thing, is Rarity’s sister…um, Sweetie Belle, is she doing ok?” Hawked asked.

“Yes she is doing fine and she wanted us to tell you how much she was thankful for saving her from that rock thing,” Twilight answered.

Hawke was glad to hear that Sweetie Belle was ok and was thankful that all his new friends came to visit him and to throw him a party after he got out of the hospital. Rainbow Dash then said, “Well, you better get out soon if we’re going to have that party tonight.”

“Don’t worry I’ll get out before then,” Hawke replied.

After he said that everyone started leaving one by one, until it was just him and Twilight. Hawke had a feeling that Twilight wanted to talk to him about something. Twilight took a minute to herself and then she said, “Princess Celestia told me that you are the blue sun from the prophecy and that you would face the coming darkness. She, I, and the other girls haven’t told any of the others yet for fear that it might cause a panic, but I want to know, is it true?”

Hawke looked at Twilight with a bit of concern. He thought about what the princess had told him about the prophecy and remembered after hearing about it and tried to climb out the window, even though he couldn’t move at the time. But as the days gone by he decided that he would accept this, since the voice that he heard before coming here told him that he would be their hero against this evil and enjoy the times that he would not be fighting monsters before the day of the red moon. He looked over to Twilight with a smile and said, “The one and only.”

Twilight smiled back at him and gave him a hug, after that she got up and went to leave, but before that she said, “You know, it’s going to be a lot harder for you to annoy me while you’re a hero.”

“Don’t worry about it. I can still found ways to annoy you, while I’m fighting monsters,” Hawke replied.

Twilight giggled and she went out the door. Hawke lay back down on his bed and worried of what was to come next.


Hawke was finally release from the hospital and started walking around town trying to found his way Twilight’s place. As he was walking he notice the town’s people started waving and cheering at him as they were walking by. He also notice there were someponys that were nervous and were being cautious around him, of course he know that he was a complete stranger that was different from the rest and he had magical powers that no one else has ever seen before, that and the fact that he scared some of them for fun when he first came here with Twilight and Spike. Nevertheless he decided that it was best not to scare them anymore since he now had powers and that would give them a good reason to start an angry mob. As time went by and after some site seeing he finally made it to Twililght’s place and was excited to see his welcome party, but as he was going in it seemed to be just like it was when he first came. He saw Spike carrying some books and asked, “Hey there Spike. What are you doing?”

Spike then answered, “Hey there Hawke, Twilight told me that you would come by.”

“Yeah she told me they were having a welcome a party for me, but it doesn’t seem much of a party with only two people here, with no party decorations, and a cake,” Hawk said.

“Actually they told me to tie this blindfold on you and take you somewhere else for the party,” Spike added.

Hawke looked at Spike with a confused look and was wondering why he needed to have a blindfold on, but at this point of his life there wasn’t that much surprise left for him in his life so he decided to put on the blindfold and let Spike lead on.


After several minutes of letting Spike lead him to where ever they are, Hawke felt a bit nervous and asked, “Um…..Spike, are we there yet?”

Spike replied, “Don’t worry we’re almost there”

Finally they both stopped and Spike began untying Hawke’s blindfold. After Spike was done, Hawke opened his eyes wide and saw a house with his friends and many other ponies in front of it with a huge cake and they all yelled at the same time, “Everypony: SURPRISE!”

“SURPRISE!!! Oh shoot I messed up,” Pinkie said after she came out of hiding last.

Everyone laughed and Hawke said, “Wow guys this is amazing, by the way whose house is that?”

“Why it’s you house silly,” Pinkie replied.

Hawke was surprise to hear that this was his house. His new home was like anyother house that he seen in Ponyville , it was two stories high, and it was near a forest, while it was still near Ponyville in plane site. As he was soaking in the moment, the mayor of Ponyville came up to him and said, “As mayor of Ponyville, I am happy to give this house for saving us from that monster a week ago and would like to give you the title of “Hero of Ponyville.”

Hawke then said, “Thank you mayor, I humbly accept your title.”

As soon as everyone was done congratulating him, Pinkie Pie came out of nowhere and said, “ALL RIGHT EVERYPONY LETS PARRRRRTAAY!”

As soon as she said that, loud music started coming up and everypony was dancing, including Hawke. As they were partying a disco ball came from the top after Rainbow Dash tied it to a tree branch and started showing off her moves, Applejack was making sure that she plenty of apple ciders for everypony, Twilight and Fluttershy were dancing together with Hawke, Spike was dancing along with Rarity, and Pinkie Pie was DJing with Vinyl.


A couple of hours had passed, it was getting dark and everypony was getting tired. They started leaving in groups and pairs, until it was just the Hawke and the gang. He then said, “Wow Pinkie, you really do know how to throw a party.”

Pinkie replied, “Ah shucks it was nothing; just wait until I throw you your birthday party, it’s going to be wild.”

“Can’t wait for it,” Hawke said eagerly.

After that, Rarity was getting everyone’s attention and said, “Hawke after what you did for my sister and me, I wanted to give this. I thought it would be the perfect gift for you.”

Rarity gave Hawke a wrapped box and he started opening it. After he was done, he looked at it and saw that it was a complete outfit that looked like it was for a mage. The outfit was a long blue coat that had the mark of his symbol on both sides of the shoulder and on the back of it. It also came with a light blue shirt, dark blue pants, black boots, and a belt. Hawke was amazed at it and he couldn’t help but hug Rarity with all his strength, which unfortunately for Rarity, he was hugging her so tight she couldn’t breathe.

After that everyone started heading back to their homes. Twilight was the last one with Hawke and she gave him a hug and said, “That was fun.”

Hawke replied, “Yeah it was.”

Twilight then asked, “Are you going to be ok?”

“Yeah, don’t worry, this was what I needed,” he answered.

Twilight smiled and started heading home. Hawke turn around to look at his new home. He couldn’t believe it, he came to a world filled with human like ponies, fought a giant rock monster, and is now a hero of a prophecy that requires him to fight against an evil villain trying to take over the world. All that he could think of now was, “You know what? This is the life I want.”

End of Chapter 4

Author's Note:

Hoped you've enjoyed this chapter, I will try to release them on weekends, unless something comes up in which case, I'll release them early so you wouldn't miss them.