• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 6,159 Views, 64 Comments

Guardian of Equestria - Rise of the Blue Sun - BlueSun52



A prophecy was foretold that two great warriors will face off in an epic battle for Equestria.

  • ...
21
 64
 6,159

Epilogue

Guardian of Equestria-Raise of the Blue Sun
Chapter 18
Epilogue

It has been three days since the final battle and the victory over Tirek and his forces. Everypony was celebrating and were attending the award ceremony. Princess Celestia came to balcony to address her subjects, "My faithful subjects, today we celebrate a great day for all of Equestria. It has been a long journey for us all, but never the less it has been the greatest journey we have ever been through, since I and my beloved sister have taken the throne to protect Equestria."

Everypony was cheering for Celestia’s speech so far.

"But, today we have a new protector of Equestria and he is with us today. Sir Gregory, Please step forth."

Hawke came walking through an archway to the balcony with Twilight and her friends.

Hawke was wearing a redesign suit by Rarity, it had a white coat and white boots, the pants were black, the belt was silver, and his shirt was dark blue. His symbols were still on the his shoulders and back. He walked towards Celestia and kneeled before her.

"Sir Gregory, you have proven to us once again, that strength and bravery is within us all and you have proven how friendship can make a difference in this world."

Everypony continued their cheering.

"I am sorry that you lost your magic from this battle and sacrificed it to save Equestria, but from what I heard you are slowly gaining a type of magic, one that is different from the last one you had."

"I am, Princess Celestia," Hawke replied. "It's small and weak, but it will grow stronger as time goes on."

"I am glad to hear it, but not as glad as you are going to be when I tell of what is to come next."

Hawke looked at the princess with a smile.

"Today onward, Sir Hawke Gregory, I Princess Celestia, will grant you the title, The Guardian of Equestria."

Everypony was roaring with joy and they were clapping and waving as well.

"You also have a boon from Equestria as well, please tell us what you would like me to grant onto."

Hawke thought about it for a minute and decide what he wanted. "I only wish to continue to protect Ponyville and serve the crown whenever it needs me."

All the ponies from Ponyville cheered the most from the crowd and were glad to hear that Hawke wishes to continue to live in Ponyville.

"Very well then, you may stay in Ponyville, until you are needed and I will make you an ambassador for Equestria, we hope that you will serve this country well."

"I will your majesty and thank you," Hawke said and bowed before his princess.

Everypony continued cheering and celebrated this moment.


It is night time at the palace; the nobles were out chatting at the ball room and were enjoying the party. Hawke was with Twilight and her family. Hawke was talking with Shining Armor about some of the things after the battle.

"Hey Armor, did you know what happen to Monnark, after the battle was over?" Hawke asked.

"Yes, he has been locked up in a dungeon nearby, but their transporting him to a far away prison as we speak," Armor replied

"That’s good to hear, what about the ponies that served under him?"

"Their all being sent to a correctional facility, where they will get some descent food and will be counseled by professionals, until they are deemed fit for society."

"What about Vulture? Is he still in the dungeon as well?

"Funny that you should ask that," Armor said. "When we check to see if he was still there, he somehow escaped and we haven't found any trace of him anywhere. It's almost as if he never there to begin with."

"That's not good," Hawke said worriedly.

"Come on guys, we're in a middle of party right now," Cadence said to the two. "We can worry about it later."

"Yeah, right now I don’t feel like remembering all that went on," Twilight said.

Hawke let out asmall laugh and said, "Alright Twilight, well stop for now."

"Glad to hear it," Twilight said smiling at Hawke.

As everything was going well, Hawke notice the dance floor and remembered that he never had a chance to dance with Twilight during the Grand Gala.

"Hey Twilight," Hawke said gaining her attention. "I never did get to dance with a certain pony at the gala."

Twilight giggled. "Is that an invitation?"

"Let’s found out," Hawke said holding his hand out towards Twilight.

Twilight grabbed onto Hawke's hand and they made their way towards the dance floor, while Armor and Cadacne went to join them as well.


An hour had pass since Hawke danced with Twilight. He was out in the garden trying to get some fresh air after that....well magical moment by human standards. He looked up at the night sky feeling relaxed and was glad that the whole prophecy was behind him now. Then a pair of arms were wrapped around him from behind and saw that it was Twilight holding on to him.

Twilight laid her head on his shoulder and asked, "Bit for your thoughts?"

"Just remembering when we first met," Hawke replied giving a warm smile.

Twilight smiled back at Hawke. "We've been throught a lot haven't we?" she asked.

"Yeah, a lot," Hawke replied with a bit of guilt.

Twilight notice this and asked, "Is something the matter? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's just-" Hawke paused for a moment and said, "I miss some of my family back, especially my little brother."

Twilight eyes widen at the sudden news of Hawke having a brother. "You have a brother? How come you never told me about this?" she asked concernedly.

Hawke turned to her and said, "Before I went to get some groceries for grandparents, I made a promise to my little bro that I would come back soon. Only problem is......I never did. I felt guilty about it ever since I first came here and when I realized that I would never be able to go back home, It felt like I let him down."

Twilight felt awful for for Hawke and held onto him tight. She looked up to him and said, "I'm sorry that you feel that way. If there is anything that you need me for, please don't hesitate to ask."

"Don't worry, I will." With that said, Hawke then got closer to Twilight and began meeting his lips with hers.

They both continued to kiss one another, until they both stopped and decided to head back to the party. As they were walking, Hawke took one last look back at the stars. With wishful hope, he spoke up to them and said, "Lord, please keep my brother safe." He then followed Twilight back in to the ballroom where he would enjoy the rest of the night.


Far in a dark forest, a figure in dark cloak stood on a large stone, looking where Canterlot was with his red blood shot eyes. With a growl he said to himself, "We'll meet again, hero. And when we do, I'll be more stronger than you can possibly imagine and I'll take everything and watch you suffer." The figure then went into the forest and disappeared into the darkness.

The End

For Now....

Author's Note:

Well that was an interesting adventure I would say. Thanks to everyone who've been reading my first fic ever and I hope to make many more as the years go by and as I improve on my writing skills as well.

As you can tell, I'm planning a sequel for the story. But that might take a long while, mostly because I'm still trying to figure out how to start it off and what the story would be about. I came up with all kinds of different scenarios for it, just need to figure out which one would be best to follow.

Thanks again for reading my fic and hope to hear from you all soon. Give me some feed on the overall story and some ideas of what you would like for the sequel.