• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 6,168 Views, 64 Comments

Guardian of Equestria - Rise of the Blue Sun - BlueSun52



A prophecy was foretold that two great warriors will face off in an epic battle for Equestria.

  • ...
21
 64
 6,168

Chapter 16

Guardian of Equestria - Rise of the Blue Sun
Chapter 16
Beginning of the End - Part 2

"CHARGE!" Hawke shouted, as he led everypony against Tirek's army.

Everypony was giving it their all and the fight was in their favor, as each member of Ponyville had their own unique skills.

"HEY THERE EVERYPONY!" Vinyl shouted rolling her bass in front of a bunch of confused soldiers.

"What is that thing?" one of the soldiers asked.

"Oh, it's nothing special, just my BASS CANNON!" Vinyl shouted and slammed her left hand on a large button on it, The bass transformed and fired a large wave of sound energy at the soldiers, sending them flying.

A group of them tried to overwhelm Zecora, but instead she blew a powder of poison joke at them and they started to feel weird and were having side effects from the poison. Some got smaller, some couldn't move at all, and their voices had changed.

Scootaloo was getting chased by one of the monsters, while she was in her scooter. The monster close to grabbing her, until her friends, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom pulled on each side of a rope and tripped the monster on top of a group of soldiers. The group celebrated, but was cut short when a monster leapt towards them. It was however, stopped by Big Mac when he punched it in the jaw and all he said was, "Eeeyup."

Derpy was throwing muffins at the soldiers and was blinding them. One of them even said that he was allergic to muffins and Derpy threw even more at him. While she was throwing them, a monster try to creep up behind her, until the boulder behind it came down, smashing it. It was Doctor Whooves, who used his sonic screwdriver on the boulder to weaken it. Derpy was happy and made out with the Doctor.

Bon Bon and Lyra worked together to take down a monster, by Lyra throwing Bon Bon at the stomach of the monster and kicked it.

Cheerliee was outnumbered by assassins and warlocks, but then she started using her kung fu skills to take them out. She made some them fly away with punches and used complex moves to knock them down on the ground. The rest ran away screaming for their lives.

Diamond Tia and her friend, Silverspoon were making fun of one of the assassins, while he was crying.

Octavia was using a staff to use on the soldiers and they were all being defeated by her. She used all kinds of moves to either disarm them and throw them up in the air.

Tirek couldn't believe what he was seeing. His army of darkness was being defeated by common ponies and they didn’t stand a chance. He saw Hawke making his way towards him and told Monnark to stop him.

Monnark quickly went off and headed towards Hawke. Hawke saw Monnark coming and prepared himself for the worst. Monnark tried to slash Hawke with his blade, but it missed and Hawke swung around with his blade. Monnark dodge it and try pushing Hawke back away from him. He then charged up a bolt of lightning and shot it at Hawke, but Hawke used his gauntlets to absorb the lightning. Monnark was caught off guard and shouted, "What? How is that possible?"

"I may not have magic, but these things do and I can also use them to deflect it back to the user as well" Hawke then shot back the lightning bolts at Monnark and he was intense pain and fell to the ground out cold.

Spike watched from a distance and saw the crystal Monnark used on Hawke; it was still glowing blue with his magic still in it. Spike try to tell Hawke that it was there, but Hawke continued towards Tirek before he had a chance to look at it.

Tirek couldn’t take it anymore. He started shooting large energy balls at him. Hawke saw them coming and took cover. When he had the chance, he started charging towards Tirek with everything he got. There were explosions all around him and was surrounded by soldiers, but Celestia and Luna started firing energy balls of energy of their own and struck against those who were in front of Hawke. But despite everything an explosion was right next to Hawke and it blew him away against the ground. Then Tirek swung his arm and a wave of energy hit Celestia and Luna and they fell to the ground.

Hawke’s ears were ringing and he barley heard anything. He tried getting on his feet, but was all dizzy from the explosion and could only get on his knees. When his vision had cleared, he saw Tirek about to throw another energy ball against him. Hawke tried to move but it was too late the ball was heading towards him. Before it hit him however, Twilight jumped in front of him and took the full blast. Hawke's eyes widen as she was pushed against him.

When Hawke came too, he quickly looked around to see Twilight wounded by the blast and went over to her. Horrified, he quickly went to her and held her tight in his arms. She was hardly moving and her breathing was slowing down.

"TWILIGHT, NO! OH GOD! PLEASE BE OK!"

Twilight softly gave a weak smile. "I’m fine… “Cough” … Really its fine."

"NO, NO THIS ISN'T FINE!" He contined to shout. He looked up into the sky. "OH GOD, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

“Cough” …Hawke, before I go… “cough” … I have to … tell you something."

"TWILIGHT, NO! SAVE YOU’RE STRENGTH! YOU’RE GOING TO MAKE IT I PROMISE!"

"Hawke …I…I…la..lov-"

Twilight then shut her eyes and she stopped moving. Hawke was completely silent and couldn’t bear what had happened. For the first time, he knew what it was like to truly lose someone he knows and wished that he didn’t. He started crying and laid his forehead on Twilight’s. The world that he once knew had ended.

Tirek then laugh and said, "It seems like a waste, she was better off running away then saving you. She could have had a better life if you hadn’t come to this place and caused all this. HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Hawke’s heart was aching with pain and he couldn’t bare it. He felt sadness, loneliness, regret, self-pity……and anger. He then laid Twilight down gently and looked at Tirek with anger. His eyes were being to blaze with blue fire. Tirek notice this and watched in horror of what is to come next. All of a sudden, Hawke was surrounded by streaks of blue flames and was becoming more and more wild. His wings came from his back and were glowing violently. Everypony and monster stopped fighting and saw what was happening. Hawke then lifted himself up from the ground and transformed his sword into a long blade with heavenly-like designs on it. He was soon in bright silver armor that covered his entire body and even wore a helmet that small bird-like wings on each side. Then he said, "Tirek! You time has come; this is the end of you, and your reign of evil. Prepare yourself."

Tirek was filled with fear and knew that this was the battle he tried to avoid. He couldn’t believe that Hawke was able to bring back his magic at will. Tirek then snapped out of it and said, "Very well then, if it’s a quick death you want, then I'll give it to you.

Tirek then summoned two blades in his hands and prepared himself for the battle of his life. The two started each other down, neither of them blinked, and both waited for a chance to take the other out. A pony stood back a bit and stumbled on some pebbles and it fell. When it landed; the two warriors started striking against one another with tremendous speed. Neither side was giving the other an edge over them. Sparks were coming from each time their blades crossed and it was getting more and more intense.

Celestia, Luna, and the mane 5 stayed with Twilight to to see if they could heal her.

"Is there any way to help her?" Rainbow Dash said frantically.

"Princess, is there anything that we can do?" Applejack asked.

Celestia thought about it and turned to the group. "There's is one way, with the power of the elements, you five might be able give some of your power to help rekindle her soul."

"Will it work?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don’t know, it depends on how strong the soul is. And I have no doubt that Twilight has more of strong soul than anypony else."

"You got that right," Pinkie said. "Twilight is pretty stubborn about everything and trust me, dying is one of them."

"Very well then, but we must hurry and find the element before it's to late."

"Princess Celestia!" Everypony looked behind at where that voice was and it was Shining Armor holding a box that had the elements in them. "I had some of my best ponies to sneak in and retrieve them. Can they really save my little Twily?"

"They will, I promise you."

The girls then formed in to a circle around Twilight and used the elements to heal her. The elements were glowing and started going into Twilight’s crown. In a couple of seconds, light was forming around and before anyone knew it Twilight started to breathe again. Everyone celebrated to see their friend alive again. Twilight slowly got up and said, "waa…wh…What happened?

"OH TWILIGHT, YOUR OKAY!" Pinkie shouted and was hugging on Twilight tightly. "We were afraid that you won’t going to make it and Hawke turn into like a super hero or something, and he started beating on that meanie that hit you with a ball made of energy, but then Celestia suggested we use the elements to help bring you back to live and your alive and I’m soooooooooooooo HAPPY that your okay."

"Wait, what about Hawke? Is he okay?"

"His more than ok, look." Pinkie pointed at where Hawke was and Twilight couldn’t believe it. Hawke had his powers back and he was winning.

Hawke used a giant fireball and threw it at Tirek. It missed and destroyed part of his fortress. Tirek then tried to slashed Hawke across the head, but he duck down and swiftly went behind him. Hawke grabbed Tirek's tail and started spinning him around and around, until he let go of Tirek causing him to slam down against the ground. Tirek tried to get up, but Hawke soon landed on top of him and slammed his feet on his chest. With anger still in his heart, he said, "This is the end, tyrant, any last words?"

"PLEASE, DON’T KILL ME! PLEASE!" Tirek pleaded.

Hawke look down at him with disgust. "You should have thought that a long time ago," he said.

Hawke raised his blade towards Tirek, Twilight tried to say something, but Celestia stopped her and said, "No Twilight, it’s a decision he must make on his own."

Twilight looked at Hawke with worried and prayed that he wouldn’t do anything the he would regret. Hawke was about to pull down his sword, until a thought came to him. It was the day that swore that he would found better ways to solve problems without taking lives recklessly and remembered what Twilight said, "I think that this is better then what you would normally do. I know that you've never meant to hurt anypony and I'm glad that you would never consider it." She then gave him a warm hug and he return it with his.

Hawke cried remembering those words. His sword transformed back to what it was before and his anger slowly went away, the wings disappeared, and his eyes were normal again. He then said to Tirek, "No, I won’t become like you. I swore I wouldn’t kill and I meant it. It’s what Twilight would have wanted."

Twilight was relieved to hear that and was happy to see Hawke as himself again.

Hawke looked back at Tirek and said, "It’s over. You’ve lost. The prophecy says nothing about killing you, it just said that I had to defeat you and I did. Now that it is over, I want to start over, instead of being enemies, let me be your friend instead." Hawke then reach out to Tirek with his hand of friendship.

Tirek grabbed on to it and shouted, "NEVER!"

Tirek tried to stab Hawke with his blade, but Spike threw the crystal over to Hawke and he stabbed Tirek with it. Hawke’s magic was in the crystal and went into Tirek. His body was cracking up like a statue with blue and red lights coming out. He was screaming in pain, until he exploded and Hawke was pushed back away from the force of the explosion.

Everypony was shocked of what they saw and the blue energy was still hanging in the air, it then disperses in to a wave of blue energy and everypony was caught in it. The monster started turning back in to their former selves, all the dead came back to life, and all who were wounded were healed. Everypony cheered and celebrated, all the desiples, former monster, assassins, and warlocks tore off their coats and asked the princesses for forgiveness.

Hawke was on the ground, wishing that he could see Twilight again. He then heard a familiar voice…

"Hawke?"

Hawke opened his eyes to Twilight. He started to cry and held Twilight tight, the love of his life was alive and he didn’t care how.

Hawke and Twilight looked at each other’s eyes deeply and the couple soon shared a passionate kiss with one another.

"OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG!" Pinkie said frantically and interrupted the couples kissing. "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

"Way to go champ!" Dash said.

"YEE HAW, now that’s a hoe down of a thrown down!" Applejack added.

"I’m glad everything turned out okay," Fluttershy said.

"That was simply divine and it’s also thanks to my Spikey Wikey," Rarity said hugging the little dragon.

"AW, it was nothing," Spike said with a blush.

Rarity leaned over to give Spike a kiss on the cheek and he soon fell over after he had got it.

Everyone laughed and the day was saved. Hawke then got up and said, "I wouldn’t have made it this far without you guys, you are all the most important people in my life and I will never forget that."

Everyone was touched by what he said and they all hugged together.

End of Chapter 16

Author's Note:

Sorry this one was short. I didn't have much ideas to make it long and to tell the truth, my motivation for writing this story is low. But I'm not going to finish this story badly and I'm going to finish this until the end. Wish is lucky for me, because we have one last chapter after this.