• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 6,159 Views, 64 Comments

Guardian of Equestria - Rise of the Blue Sun - BlueSun52



A prophecy was foretold that two great warriors will face off in an epic battle for Equestria.

  • ...
21
 64
 6,159

Chapter 13

Guardian of Equestria - Rise of the Blue Sun
Chapter 13
A Hero's Special Day!

In the house of Hawke Gregory, he was sleeping in bed peacefully. It was a sleep that he had hope for since coming to Equestria. Sadly it was not the case. As Hawke was sleeping, somepony had a blow horn and let out a loud noise with it. Hawke screamed at the sudden noise and fell over to the floor. Hawke was upside down on the floor and looked to see who it was.

"Pinkie? What are you doing here?" Hawke asked.

"Well duh! It's your birthday silly. I came over to celebrate it," Pinkie replied.

"Thanks for remembering that Pinkie, but you didn't have to wake me up like this you know."

"But I wanted it to be a surprise."

"I guess you did succeeded at that. Oh man I still feel so tired. What time is it?"

"It's a minute after midnight."

Hawke stared at Pinkie with a straight face for a moment after she said that. "Pinkie. Why did you wake me this early in the morning?" he asked.

"Well that's because two minutes ago it wasn't your birthday, but after the clock turned midnight it was your birthday. Plus it's your first birthday in Equestria EVER! And I wanted it to be super special," Pinkie explained.

"I'm glad that you're excited for my birthday Pinkie, but couldn't you have waited until later?"

"Of course not silly. The others are waiting for us down stairs."

"The others?"

"Yeah they're waiting for us. Come on!" Pinkie said and bounce out of Hawke's room.

Hawke was confused at the whole situation. He got up from the floor and didn't bother changing his out of his pajamas. He made his way down stairs to see Pinkie moving around like crazy full of energy and the others as well. All of the girls still had their pajamas on and their hairs were mess up from waking up from sleeping. Spike was there too, but he was on the ground sleeping from exhaustion.

"Let me guess. She dragged you guys here from out of bed did she?" Hawked said to the girls.

"Yep" Applejack replied plainly laying on the couch with Applebloom on her.

"She dragged us out here, while we were still asleep," Rarity said holding a sleeping Sweetie Belle in her arms.

"And she's been keeping us up until now," Twilight added sitting on the floor with her head laying on the table.

Fluttershy didn't say anything, mostly because she was more dazed then anyone else.

Hawke was almost surprised that Pinkie went and got everybody up so early, but what really did surprised him was the fact that she was able to get Rainbow Dash. "Umm Dash, how did she get you here? Don't you live in a cloud?"

"She found a way," Dash replied.

"But-"

"Don't ask."

Hawke scratched his head for a moment to think and decided not to push the subject any further.

"Pinkie, don't you think we should have waited for my birthday until in the morning?" Hawke asked.

"It is morning silly," Pinkie pointed out.

"*Sigh* Okay, let me rectify that sentence. Pinkie, don't you think we should have waited for my birthday until the sun was up?"

"But I'm too excited for this. I mean it's not just going to be your first birthday here, but it'll be the first birthday for any human here in Equestria as well!" Pinkie pointed out.

"Uh, I can see why you would be that excited," Hawke said in agreement.

"Exactly! So we need to make this the best party EVER! It is our moral duty to make sure everything goes right and to make sure nothing goes wrong. I will not rest until Hawke here gets the best party EVER! So is everypony with me?"

Pinkie looked around to see everypony was back to asleep including Hawke who was sleeping on the stairs. Pinkie shrugged and said, "I guess we can have a "sleeping at Hawke's house party" to start out his birthday."


It was later in the morning and the sun was high up in the air. Pinkie was getting the whole town ready for Hawke's birthday and she was overseeing all that was going on. She made sure every decorations was ready to go, checking to see how the cake was going, making sure everypony was coming to the party, and checked every party supplies that they needed.

As she was walking around town, Hawke spoke up and said, "I know that you're making this my best birthday ever, but do I really have to wear this blindfold everywhere I go?"

"Well yeah, I can't let see any of this until everything is ready to go," Pinkie replied holding Hawke's hand while guiding him.

"I see. Aren't you at least worried that a random monster would attack me on this day?"

"Don't worry about that, I made some calculations about that and you won't get attacked until next Tuesday," Pinkie explained.

"What?"

"Hold on a minute, I need to go see Vinyl about the music for the party. I'll be back in a second," Pinkie said bouncing away.

Hawke just stood where he was patiently. He thought that since Pinkie was gone, he could take a peak at what was going on around him. He started to unfold his blindfold, until a loud voice said, "WAIT!" The pony in question jumped right at Hawke causing to fall to the ground and stopping him from unfolding his blindfold. "Ah wouldn't recommend taking that off yet."

"APPLEJACK, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Hawke shouted as Applejack was on top of him.

"Just answer one question before ya do anything else," Applejack said.

"Okay what is it?"

"Did you Pinkie promise not to take off that blindfold?"

"Yes?"

"Oh thank Celestia Ah stopped ya in time," Applejack said feeling relieved.

"What are talking about?" Hawke asked.

"Trust me on this when Ah say that ya don't want to break a Pinkie promise."

"Why, what happened?"

"Remember what happened to Carrot Top?"

"I remember that she made a Pinkie promise to Pinkie about delivering some carrots for her, but she couldn't and sometime after that, one of her legs got broke-OH MY GOD! DID PINKIE DO THAT TO HER?"

"WHAT? NO! She fell down some stairs and got her leg broken. All Pinkie did was get mad at her for hours and she kept on coming out of nowhere scaring her."

"Oh"

"Trust me on this, ya don't want Pinkie to be mad at ya or anything."

Hawke let a defeated sigh and said, "Alright, I guess I'll keep this blind fold on until Pinkie says so."

"Glad ta hear it," Applejack replied.

"Can you do me one favor though?"

"What's that?"

"Can you walk me around instead of Pinkie? She gets too distracted with all the things she's doing and I keep on hitting against a pole."

Applejack giggled and said, "Sure Ah'll walk with ya for a while." She grabbed onto Hawke's hand and started walking with him.

As they were walking, Hawke could hear the whole town working on his birthday party and getting the whole town ready for it. While Hawke was happy that everypony was getting everything ready, he felt guilty that everypony had to work so hard for him.

"Hey Applejack?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think everyone here is overdoing it here? I mean I'm grateful that everyone is doing all this, but it's just my birthday and all. I just don't see why everybody (especially Pinkie) should make a big deal about it."

"Ah think their going overboard with it too, but they are doing it for ya because ya save this town from monsters and always been willing to help out whenever ya can. So just let them do what they have to, because their your friends and everypony here want's to make you happy," Applejack said hugging Hawke.

"Alright, I guess since they want to do all this, I'll let it go," Hawke replied hugging Applejack back.

As they were both hugging, they heard a series of fireworks going off nearby and somepony shouted, "FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

Applejack panicked and shoved Hawke in a nearby empty barrel. She soon took cover as the fireworks were going out of control. The fireworks were going everywhere and everypony were ducking and taking cover.

"What's going on out there?" Hawke said as he was upside down in the barrel. One of the fireworks was zigzagging, until it landed in the same barrel that Hawke was in. "Hey, what's that hissing noise?..............Oh crap."

BOOM!


After a couple of hours of repairs to the houses(and one quick trip to the emergency room), everypony continued on with planning and working on Hawke's party. Hawke was just walking without the blindfold. After what had happened to him, he would rather face Pinkie's wrath then to get blown up by another firework. After the firework incident, Hawke's hair is now shorter then it was and more darker then before.

As Hawke was walking, he heard Twilight coming behind him. He stopped for a moment and said, "Hey Twilight, how's it going?"

Twilight walked up next to Hawke and replied, "It's going well. Everything is going as planned and we should get the party ready in an hour or so. Oh I like your new hairstyle."

"Thanks, just had it cut."

"So Pinkie let you take off the blindfold?"

"Nope, just took it off myself."

"WHAT?!?" Twilight shouted with horror

"Look so far I couldn't see anything, I keep on hitting against polls, and fireworks were going off everywhere and I ended up being blown up!" Hawke explained.

"You got blown up?"

"Don't change the subject right now."

"Why would I not?"

"Anyways, yes I did take off the blindfold and there is nothing that anyone or anything that could change my-"

"HAWKE!"

Hawke and Twilight looked down the street to see Pinkie running towards them and shouted, "YOU PINKIE PROMISE!"

Hawke's eyes shrunk and he gulped. "Is it too late to put the blindfold on?"

Pinkie stopped and from out of nowhere she grabbed a large cannon and pointed it at Hawke.

"It's too late."

Pinkie fired the cannon and a straight jacket come out of it. It hit Hawke and he was trapped by the jacket. "How did this thing even get on me that easily?"

"That's because I'm a good cannon shooter," Pinkie said and put another blindfold on Hawke. "Usually I would get mad at you for peaking. But since it's your birthday and I would properly do the same, so I'll let it slide and just keep you in this jacket for awhile."

"Terrific."

"Now then, I have to go finish up some business and We'll get this party started," Pinkie said and bounced away.

Twilight looked down at Hawke and asked, "Do you need any help?"

"No, no, I'll just get up and walk around blindly," Hawke replied sarcastically.

"You know I can just leave you here."

"Sorry."


It was near nighttime and Pinkie finally let Hawke take off his blindfold and straight jacket. They were all at his house with almost everypony there. There was a stage setup in front of Hawke's house and Pinkie picked up a microphone and shouted, "ARE YOU PONIES READY TO PARTY!" The crowd of ponies soon screamed in excitement and Pinkie replied, "ALL RIGHT, LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED THEN!" Pinkie gave Vinyl a signal and soon she started to play a dupstep style music on her audio set.

Soon everypony was dancing to the music and they were all enjoying it. As the party was getting started, everypony was saying happy birthday to Hawke and were giving him presents.

"Happy Birthday, Hawke! I brought you some of my homemade muffins," Ditzy said handing a basket of muffins to Hawke.

"Thanks Ditzy, I always love your muffins," Hawke said with a smile.

"Hello there Hawke, happy birthday. Here I got you this key here," Doctor Hooves gave to the key to Hawke and continued, "What the key is for, I won't say for now."

"Umm okay? Thanks?" Hawke said out of confusion.

"Happy birthday, Mr.Gregory, I got you this trinket that I bought from Canterlot from my last performance there," Octivia said.

"Thank you and I would love to hear you at one of your performances if I get the chance to," Hawke said.

"I would be more then happy for you to come to my performance. I'll be having one in Ponyville next week," Octivia replied.

"Awesome"

"Happy Birthday! I made you this heartstrings here," Lyra said handing the heartstrings.

"Oh thank you for this, Lyra," Hawke said.

"No problem. Ooohhhhh, I like your hands."

"Ummm.....thanks?" Hawke replied feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Happy Birthday, Hawke! I brought you some of my newest candy I've been working on," Bon Bon said.

"Thank you. Oh sweet taffy, I love these!" Hawke said excitedly.

"Happy Birthday, Hawke! My students made these cards for you," Cheerilee said.

"Thanks you, Miss Cheerilee. I will read them all whenever I get the chance to," Hawke said.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" the cutie mark crusaders shouted in unison and jumped towards Hawke hugging him.

"Thanks girls, I'm glad you three could come," Hawke replied hugging the trio back.

Everypony was enjoying the party and were enjoying each others company. The party was beginning to be in full swing, until the sounds of trumpets were heard in the sky. Everypony looked up and saw a gold chariot flying overhead with four pegasi pulling it and at least a dozen armored Pegasi were escorting it. On the back of the chariot was Princess Celestia and another pony that was adorn with the same kind of outfit as Celestia, but had the theme of the night sky. The chariot landed in front of Hawke's house and Celestia and the other pony were stepping off of the chariot. While they got off, Twilight quickly ran towards to the two and said, "Princess Celestia! Princess Luna! I didn't know you both to be here. If I had known, I would've prepared everything for your arrival. Please forgive me!"

Celestia gave a warm smile to her faithful student and said, "It is alright, Twilight. I wasn't sure that I was able to attend to Hawke's birthday, but luckily it seemed that I was able to come." She then turned her attention towards Hawke, who stood next to Twilight. "Hawke, it is good to see you again."

"It is good to see you too, princess," Hawke said with a bow.

"As I am glad to meet you again. I wanted to say happy birthday to you and I wanted to also introduce to you my beloved sister, Princess Luna," Celestia said and turned her attention towards her sister.

Hawke then turned his attention towards the dark blue pony. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Princess Luna. I'm glad that I got a chance to finally meet you."

"You've heard of me?" Princess Luna asked sounding surprised.

"Yes, Twilight told me everything about you and I was hoping to meet," Hawke replied.

Luna blushed a bit after hearing that. It was so rare for her to hear that somepony would want to meet her, but she then remembered what he said about Twilight telling him everything about her and wondered if he knows anything about her being Nightmare Moon. "Did she tell you everything about me?" she asked.

"Yes, your majesty," Hawke answered.

"So you know about my time as Nightmare Moon?"

"Yes, but you have nothing to worry about it. I know that you never really wanted to do any of that and you were just lost. But now you're doing everything you can to make it up for it and I think that's what matters."

Luna was relieved to hear that and she now saw why her sister trusted him. "Thank you, Sir Hawke. I really appreciate what you've said."

Hawke gave a smile towards Luna and she did the same for him.

"If it's okay with you all, I would like to talk to you, Twilight, and the rest the bearers of harmony in private for a moment," Celestia said.

"Of course, your majesty whatever you need," Hawke said.

Hawke, the mane six, and the princesses walked together towards Hawke's home. Before Luna went in the house, she used her magic to levitate a wrapped box and brought it into her arms and brought it inside.


Inside Hawke's house they were heading up to his room with Hawke leading the way. Hawke spoke up and said, "My room isn't being used, so we can have whatever it is that you wanted to-" Before he could finish, he opened the door to see a mare and stallion making out on his bed. The couple noticed that they were there and froze up with fear. After a moment of awkward silence, Hawke closed the door and said, "On second thought, there is a spare room that I haven't had the chance to use since I started living here. Why don't we use that instead?"

Everypony nodded at Hawke's suggestion and ignored at what was going on in his room. Hawke leaned over to Twilight and asked, "Can you remind me not to sleep in that room again?"

"I think I can make arrangements for that," Twilight replied blushing.

They finally got to the room Hawke mentioned and he opened the door for them. The room was fairly small, but it was big enough for all of them to fit in. Everypony was able to find a spot to sit except Hawke who preferred to sit up.

After a moment, Princess Celestia spoke up and said, "I wanted to talk to you all about the plans I have to get ready at the time of the prophecy." The room fell silent after she had said that. It was something that everypony didn't wanted to hear, but it was something that needed to be discuss. She went on to say, "As you know, the Grand Galloping Gala is next week and I plan on revealing to the world Hawke and the prophecy that's going to happen. Are you ready for this Hawke?"

"I am, your highness.With the help of my friends here, I'll be more then ready to do this," Hawke replied feeling confident.

"I'm glad to hear it. I'm sorry to say this, but I must take my leave now. But Luna here has something that she thought you would like," Celestia said turning her attention towards her sister.

Luna blushed a bit and said, "Yes, I do have a gift for thee." She then handed the box to Hawke.

After Hawke opened the box, inside it was a pair of silver gauntlets with well made designs on it. On the top hand part of the gauntlets, was a crescent moon shaped sapphire on it. Hawke looked up to the princess of the night and said, "Thank you, Princess Luna. I really like these and they seem to go well with my outfit."

"You are most welcome, Sir Hawke. And you will be glad to know that the gauntlets will enhance your magical powers and will pretect you from other's magic as well," Luna explained.

"Thank you, your majesty. That would come in handy."

After some 'thank yous' and 'farewells,' Princess Celestia and Luna soon left the Hawke's house and started to fly back to Canterlo in there chariot. Hawke and the mane six soon got back to the party and everypony was having a good time.


It was late in the evening and Hawke was in the back of his house's balcony leaning on it and was looking over to the night sky. He soon heard the door behind open and saw that it was Twilight. She walked over to him and asked, "What are you doing out here?"

"Just needed some fresh air and some peace and quiet," Hawke replied.

"Do you need to be alone?" she asked.

"No, I don't mind that you're here," Hawke repliechd giving Twilight a warm smile.

Twilight returned a smile back to Hawke and she soon leaned next to him. She soon watched the sky with Hawke and after a few moments of silence, she spoke up and asked, "Do you ever miss your old world?"

Hawke looked at Twilight with a puzzled look. "That came out of the blue. What made you want to ask me that?"

"Well, it's just......you never really talk about it much. I just thought you were homesick or something."

There was a moment of silence, as Hawke was thinking about it. He then looked up to the sky and replied, "I do miss it sometimes. There are times that I wish to go back home and see my family again." When Twilight heard that, her ears lowered with sorrow. But then Hawke continued, "But I know that part of my life is over and I never want to leave this place. Because if I do leave, I would be leaving Ponyville, my new friends here, and-" He paused for a moment and looked over to Twilight. He then finished, "you"

Twilight's heart started beating faster and started blushing. "I-I'm glad to hear that Hawke. There was something else that I wanted to ask you."

"What is it?"

"I know that we be going to the gala together with the rest of the girls and Spike, but.....I wanted to ask if you would want to go there with me........as a couple."

When Hawke heard that, it felt like he lost all of his breath and couldn't breathe. He quickly got himself to take a deep breath and said, "Yes, I would love to go there with you."

"Great, I'm glad to hear it," Twilight said excitedly.

After that, they just looked at each other for what seemed like forever to them. They soon got in close to each other and stared into one another's eyes. Soon their lips were close and when they were about to meet-"

Soon from out of nowhere, Pinkie came through the door and shouted, "HEY GUYS! What are you two doing out here? Don't you know there's a party going on in there?" Pinkie then grabbed them both and started dragging them back to the party.

As Hawke was being pulled, he thought to himself, "Why Pinkie? Why do you have to come at the wrong time?"

End of Chapter 13

Author's Note:

Man, finally finished this chapter. Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with work, still recovering from my vacation, and I've been working on Potor a lot.

We're finally going to the Grand Gala! Hope nothing bad happens there.