• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 2,819 Views, 0 Comments

The Poniad, Part I - Illiad_Easle



Illiad Easle is called upon to restore balance to the world.

  • ...
 0
 2,819

Chapter 2 make a long history short

I suppose that, by now, many of you readers will have questions regarding the nocturnal aspect of Troy, the togas, the apparent racism towards unicorns, and why I'm so awesome.
This chapter will answer at least two of these.

It all started with the founding of Troy. Early in the reign of the sister princesses, Troy was founded in the desert south of the rest of Equestria, the closest cities were two hours by train until Appaloosa was founded. As these cities were in a desert most of the buildings were built out of sandstone and glass, The builders were inspired by the architectural style of Cloudsdale so the cities were sometimes referred to as sandstonesdales. Troy was the first city, named after it's founder Trojan Horse. It soon became a great trade center, attracting artisans and tradesponies from all over Equestria. It soon rivaled Canterlot for it's immense wealth and population. Four other desert cities were founded soon after Troy's success to house incoming ponies. These cities became the first districts of Troy, each with their own section in the grand Trojan Market. But behind the grandeur a secret guild of unicorns took control the local government, exploiting the artisans' talents for their own gain and not allowing the pegasi or earth ponies to leave, causing a state of imbalance and disharmony. The royal sisters took no action, and the local governments denied all charges of oppression and silenced those who would tell the princesses the truth. The unicorns that didn't agree with the guild's actions fled the districts, smuggling out the oppressed whenever possible. Soon the imbalance and disharmony became a state of rebellion among the remaining artisans, they planned an overthrow of the unicorn government and warned the remaining sympathetic unicorns to leave as soon as they could. One the plans were laid they waited for an opportunity to strike. Nightmare Moon gave them this opportunit. Darkness covered the land, and the rebellion began. The unicorns were ousted from power and forcibly removed from the districts before the sun rose again. As soon as a new embassy was formed, it and the new leader of the Trojan districts went to explain to the royal sisters what had happened.

Not only did Celestia not believe their report of what happened, but she had banished Luna for her actions. The embassy returned to Troy immediately and a three day conference was held. At the conclusion, a vote was held, and the districts of Troy declared their independence from Equestria and were thereafter the Trojan Empire. Celestia, upon hearing of their declaration did what she does best, censorship. All traces of the Troy and its districts were removed from Equestrian history and literature. Then she cut off all trade between the two nations. Despite her actions the Trojan Empire survived, worshipping the banished princess through a nocturnal lifestyle and continuing to sell its goods, though at a higher price, on the Equestrian black market. The memories of the evil unicorn guild caused distrust of unicorns and new Empire would not allow citizenship to unicorns for the next nine hundred years. This lack of magic in the empire combined with the discovery of iron and coal in the desert led to an industrial revolution, making the Trojan Empire the most advanced of the three nations. One of their greatest inventions is the Trojan Express, an extremely fast train that can get from Troy to Canterlot in one hour instead of six to eight.

Within the last hundred years, Celestia started a vicious ad campaign spreading lies about the evil of Empathics like me. In response, Troy decided that they would offer a safe place for Empathics to be free from the oppression of Celestia. They built a sixth district and used the Trojan express to transport Empathics out of Equestria, visiting a different city each night. Due to the evil of the prior unicorns, many Trojans were wary of the new arrivals. Though many still are, they are more used to our presence and the racism had dropped dramatically. In fact Empathics are able to live in whichever district they choose and are even allowed to hold a public office.

I was lucky enough to catch one of the last trains from Canterlot to Troy nearly two years ago. I arrived in district five the day before Nightmare Moon's return and almost got settled before the countdown to her return began. They had kept careful track of the prophecy of her return and their time of return was only off by 5 seconds. The excitement in the district was so great that I had to have an emotional shield to keep from passing out and even then I had the worst hornache of my life.

Though this answers the nocturnal question and the racism one, it doesn't answer for the togas. From what I was able to gather upon my arrival, togas were popular in the town that cloudsdale was initially based on, and I think they're pretty cool.

Author's Note:

Sorry about all the exposition, this should only happen one more time and most of the information is important.

If you want to use Troy in a future FanFic or tie it in to an existing one, feel free to message me.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment