• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 483 Views, 10 Comments

My Little Outsider - SamMaherGamer



Thurman Robertson lives in a dusty, old home with his drunken father, depressed mother, and his little sister, Laura. Thurman tries to survive the jumble of being plunged into Equestria, and meets a few friends along the way.

  • ...
6
 10
 483

Chapter II - White Boxes Are Harmless

One minute, Thurman and Laura were goners. The next minute, they'd appeared somewhere else, then they stumbled on some rocks. After that, they teleported, then they tumbled over before they appeared somewhere else again. The process was repeated many times, Thurman holding Laura tightly to his chest the whole time. After the endless rounds of dragging along the ground then being strangely teleported, he felt what may as well have been his body being stretched to a pin's width and thrown into a vat of acid.

After the tumble of madness had ended, Thurman had suffered some minor cuts and grazes, and was facedown on the ground. The ground... Marble? The ground was a bright, white marble, and he felt a pressure atop his body, himself crushing Laura in the process. He couldn't get up, so he sat still and tried to hold himself up and stop flattening his beloved sister.

<><><><>

Twilight must've suffered a sprained wing and a broken hoof from the crazy ride that had just occurred. Lifting her head up, she stared into the eyes of Celestia. I must have not had enough energy for such a long distance teleportation.

"Are you okay?" Asked Celestia.

"I'm fine. I don't know about the others though," Twilight replied, looking around for her friends.

Applejack looked to have some swollen joints and a few cuts and grazes. Rarity was set aghast by the sight of dirt on her own hooves, but that was pretty much all of the damage done to her. Rainbow Dash seemed to have a broken wing, as she was holding it rather awkwardly, and had a few minor cuts. Fluttershy was lightly grazed and had some light bruising on her lower barrel. Pinkie? Well... She was completely untouched, and was bouncing around as if nothing were wrong.

All of the other ponies in the room were looking at her as is she'd grown a third eye.

"What are you sitting on?" Questioned Luna, who hasn't seemed to say a thing until now, let alone make herself known. Looking down, Twilight saw a squishy, peach-coloured, cushiony animal. She quickly lifted herself off and made her way towards her friends with an audible shriek.

<><><><>

Feeling the weight lift off of his back, Thurman slowly tried to make his way into a sitting position. In doing so, he lifted Laura out from under him and he her close, hugging her tight. After all of the previous explosions and gunfire, his hearing seemed to have gotten worse. He was, however, grateful knowing that he and his sister were likely safe once more.

Lifting his head to see where he could be, he started to feel a headache coming on. Finally levelling his head parallel to the ground, he looked straight ahead. In front of him was a bunch of horses with their coats and manes dyed different colours. It looked as if a five year old had poured paint over the display currently in front of him. They must have an owner somewhere. I think I'll take a look around.

Thurman attempted to stand up, but only to fall back down again, all due to a jolt of pain up his lower back. Feeling the need to push against his body's demands, he stood, ignoring the pain that followed. Laura stirred in his arms, and he looked down to see that she had her eyes closed and seemed to be unconscious. Thurman held her close as he crept slowly along the side of the white room. He now started to take all the information in: the room was made of polished marble, and multiple stained glass windows shone their coloured light upon him. Looking up towards the light, he saw the strange stories told through glass. It looked that there were no humans shown here. But why? He thought upon himself as he skimmed by the windows. The horses seemed to be staring at Thurman very intensively and he felt very unnerved at their behaviour, so he eventually began to stare back, studying their bodies.

Most of them seemed to have much smaller bodies that normal horses, and they also had looks of confusion on their faces. Expressions? Horses don't have expressions. Do they?

His thought were stopped short by a clad of iron-armoured horses that had just barged through the large, wooden doors.

"Princess Celestia," it began to speak, "I just thought you'd like to know that the griffon colony leaders are visiting Canterlot for a visit this Friday. I just thought you'd-" it opened its eyes at that very moment. "-like to know that..." The horse spoke, before realising that there was an uncertified 'guest' in the castle.

In less than a second, there were a dozen spears pointed at Thurman's head. He was speechless. Talking horses? Princess Celestia? His brain felt like it was about to explode. He looked out of the corner of his eye to see the large white horse with a multi-coloured mane. She -or at least Thurman thought it was a 'she'- wore golden, shoe-like things on her feet and a rather regal, gold amulet on her chest. Upon her head was a tiara of sorts. Yep. I'm screwed. There are no humans, and now I'm going to get raped by ponies? No thanks... His thoughts were once again disrupted, Laura being pulled from his tight grip. His clammy hands slipped away from her as she was pulled away by one of the guards by... What is that? Magic? He tried to grab Laura back, but was quickly handcuffed around the hands by the... Magic.

Thurman found himself on the ground about ten seconds after trying to barge the guards and free Laura. He now had a bruised back and a crushing weight on top of him.

"Why would you attack a guard like that? What are you even?" The horse standing on top of him squeaked with a tomboyish voice. She? Yeah. She had a rainbow coloured mane, and a ruffled, cyan coat that gave off a crisp, seawater scent. The hooves on these horses seemed to not be made of the actual hoof material, but more fur somewhat. Their whole hooves were compiled of nothing but flesh and fur, yet were still tough as stone, and that somehow comforted him a bit.

The rainbow one coughed, roughly urging Thurman to reply. Not doing so right away, caused her to push more of her weight onto her front hooves, crushing his chest.

"Y-You guys took my sister!" Thurman shouted timidly, causing said sister to stir over by the wall of the room, "and I'm a god-damned human! Don't you know what they are?" He questioned, having already estimated the answer.

"No, we don't," a lavender-coated horse walked forward to the group, followed by the rest of the horses. She had a violet mane with a single pink stripe running brought it. She smelt slightly of lavender itself, "we also don't know why you're here, but I must've accidentally brought you here through my tracing spell,"

"So what you're telling me, is that you brought me here through a spell, I am very grateful for that. Why, however, did you do it?" Thurman asked, trying to take the situation in calmly.

"I didn't know that it would bring you here when I was casting the spell. It seems I can't get a lock on anything through dimensions," she answered, "I fasted the spell in the first place to find out what a certain object was, and how it got from your world to ours'. Come with me, and I can show you. You may be able to recognise it. Celestia? Permission to take the human?" The lavender horse asked. The horse now known to Thurman as Princess Celestia nodded, waving away the guards and telling them to leave his sister. As she took Laura in her magic, she began to speak, "I believe some introductions are in order," she said in a motherly voice, "I am Princess Celestia, although you may just call me Celestia. This is Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. And you are?" She asked.

"I am Thurman Robertson, but you can all me Thurman. And Celestia? I only see five horses."

"We're ponies." Stated Rainbow Dash. She's really going to get on my nerves later on. If there actually is a later on...

"Okay then," Thurman said, an annoyed tone in his voice, "ponies."

"Hehe, um... Fluttershy's hiding." Claimed Twilight.

"Where?" Asked Thurman.

"Just behind that pillar," she said, turning to leave, "don't worry, she'll follow us."

"Okay..." Thurman replied.

<><><><>

After a couple of minutes of walking, they had arrived. It would have taken thirty seconds, but Thurman felt like taking in the view of all the scenery. Seeing this much gold in one day was astonishing, as on earth it was rather rare. Here, it was used as framing on the doors, or large statues of guard ponies. Celestia reached a large door and stuck her large horn into the unique looking keyhole on the door. With a yellow glow and a loud click, the gates to Celestia's quarters opened, and Thurman was greeted with a sight so funny, it destroyed all existent tension in the air: shielded by a dozen golden magical shields and domes, sat a small white box with a round windowed door on the front. He burst into laughter, causing his sister to wake up and all of the ponies to bother and question him.

"You silly ponies!" He snickered, "That's a washing machine!" It was at that moment his sister began to cry his name. Celestia handed her over to him as he giggled, "it's just a washing machine,"

It was that very day, that laughter once again filled the castle's halls after such a long time. With the mysterious box deemed harmless and the human too, they decided to take Thurman to the castle kitchens to grab some food to eat, accompanied by none other than the princess herself; Luna having gone to bed earlier. It was going to be a long morning for Thurman Robertson...

Author's Note:

Second chapter! Yay?

Well, after one or two weeks, I got the next chapter out. It's 2am now, and I just want to say. Booya!
(Imma just really happy...)

Comments ( 3 )

:rainbowlaugh:Great chapter!:pinkiehappy:

3319982 Thx, Setablaze! I am really overwhelmed on all of the feedback I've been getting as of late. If you were to look at my previous stories, they'd have more dislikes that likes!

Again, thx!


Oh, and by the way; I'm thinking of posting yet another chapter tonight. I'll see how I feel though. :S

:pinkiehappy: (All that needs to be said.)

Login or register to comment