• Published 20th Sep 2013
  • 1,289 Views, 12 Comments

Pinkie - lordcurly972



Pinkie feels that her life is going nowhere, she feels abandoned and all alone. After her accident with the Cake twins, she doesn't think she can go on living anymore.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,289

Closure

Pinkie sat in darkness, the last moments of the memory replaying in her mind like a broken record. Her eyes began to well up once more, but a noise behind her made her spin around in a start.

"Wh- who's there," she called out timidly.

"No worries, I'm only here to easy your confusion," the voice responded.

Pinkies ears perked up, she knew that voice, "Twilight?"

A light formed over her head, Pinkie closed her eyes for a few seconds to give her eyes time to adjust, once she opened them she saw Twilight step in front of her. Pinkie threw her arms around her, giving her the biggest bear hug she could muster.

"Twilight I'm so glad to see you, it's been horrible," Pinkie said, not loosening her grip around Twilight.

Twilight let out a small laugh and gently loosened Pinkies hold on her, "I'm not quite Twilight, let's just say I'm your guardian angel. I have only taken the image of one of your friends so as I won't excite you to much. I know you've been through a lot."

Pinkie had a look of utter confusion on her face.

"I know it's a bit much to take in, but it's the truth," the guardian angel said giving a small smile.

Pinkie looked at the ground, her expression moving from confused to solemn," So, if you are my guardian angel, then it is true. I really am dead."

The angels face grew solemn as well, "I'm afraid this is true as well."

"So what is this?" Pinkie said looking around, "My own private hell, the dreams, the darkness, and the memories. Am I to suffer through this for all eternity for my suicide."

"No, no, no," the angel stated in a comforting tone, "the memories were merely there to help you cope as it were. To tell you that you shouldn't dwell in the past and blame yourself for what happened."

"But, it was my fault!" Pinkie shouted, "I left the oven on, I wasn't able to save them in time. All of it was my fault."

"Yes you left the oven on, but after that the situation was out of your hooves, there was nothing you could do," the angel responded, putting a hoof around Pinkies shoulders to comfort her.

"So your telling me that it was their time to go, they were only a year old," Pinkie said snapping a bit.

The angel removed her hoof, "Not necessarily, but what I am saying is that you tried, and there was nothing more you could have done, and that you need to stop beating yourself up over it. I know it's difficult to hear, but there was really nothing you could do."

Pinkie looked down at her hooves, noticing the scars for the first time in years, she tried hard to keep herself from crying again. She turned to the angel, "So, is this hell?"

The angel shook her head, "Like I said early, only consider me as a guardian angel. I probably should have used conscious. What ponies believe to be a heaven and hell do not exist. Except going to fire and brimstone or a kingdom in the sky upon death, they will instead go into a eternal dream state. Living on in memories remixed into new ones to seem like new days. Your own private world in which you live on forever in."

Pinkie remained silent for a few more seconds, perplexed.

"But, I don't understand, "Pinkie finally responded, "Why did my "world" turn to ash, and leave me in darkness?"

"Your world collapsed due to your haunting memories remaining to plague it," the "angel" responded, "due to you still brooding on them, the world was forced to "reset" as it were. Which is were I come in to ease the suffering, to ease your mind."

Pinkie couldn't explain it, but it did feel like a heavy burden had been lifted from her shoulders. She genuinely felt content. Her conscious must have taken notice to this.

"Ah, there we are," she said smiling," the old Pinkie Pie I know and love."

And just like that there was a bright flash and Pinkies eyes snapped open and sunlight streamed in through her windows. Birds chirped outside, and she could hear the hustle and bustle of the ponies in the street below. Pinkie Pie sat up in bed and stretched. A huge smile spread across her face, she couldn't really recall why she was smiling, but she had a feeling that it must have been a pretty good dream. She threw the covers from her and crawled out of bed and headed downstairs to the bakery.



As she arrived in the bakery the cakes walked threw the doors.

"Ah, hello Pinkie," Mr. Cake chimed, "Man, it's good to be home. What a long trip."

Mrs. Cake followed Mr. Cake in to the kitchen and in tow were the twins. Upon seeing Pinkie they both squealed in glee and jumped a top her.

"I feel like I haven't seen you guys in ages," Pinkie Pie said tickling both of them, "I've missed you guys so much, it's been so boring around here without you."

"We've only been gone a weekend," Mr. Cake spoke up.

"I know, but it felt like an eternity," Pinkie Pie said releasing the twins and standing up.

She walked over to the window and looked out. It seemed brighter for some reason, like everything was right with the world. She couldn't put her hoof on it, but it felt as if she had been reborn. She felt like she was the happiest she had ever been, and ever will be, at this very moment. She breathed in deep and turned to help the Cakes open the shop for the day.

Author's Note:

Sorry, for yet again a huge month long delay. But, I am glad to say I have finished Pinkie and I am quite pleased with this story. But, feel free to tell me how it fared for you guys. Feed back is always appreciated.

Comments ( 7 )

so sad yet beautiful :fluttercry: :heart:

this story was absolutely amazing. I was wondering if it was ok with you if I made a sequel of pinkies friends perspectives and there reaction to her suicide??? please get back to me on that thx! :pinkiesmile:

5634435 Sure, that would be fantastic, keep me posted so I can check it out when u are done

5634706 I wil! Thanks!

5634706 I hope you don't mind that im a slow typer:twilightsheepish: hehe srry

5645419 Not at all, can't wait to read it:rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment