• Published 20th Sep 2013
  • 1,289 Views, 12 Comments

Pinkie - lordcurly972



Pinkie feels that her life is going nowhere, she feels abandoned and all alone. After her accident with the Cake twins, she doesn't think she can go on living anymore.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,289

Nightmares

Pinkie started humming a tune, she had no idea where she had heard it from but it had been stuck in her head all day. She was just helping who she thought was the last few customers of the evening. She was actually in a pretty good mood, she couldn’t remember the last time she felt this happy, she had nearly forgotten about her nightmare. She had stopped dwelling on it and questioning whether this was all real or not. She was just about to close down the shop when Twilight walked in. As she walked into the shop she appeared to be looking for something, she kept glancing around the room really fast and slinking low to floor like a cat. Twilight was always gathering research in strange ways, so Pinkie paid no mind.

“Hey Twilight,” Pinkie said cheerfully, “I was just about to close up shop, but what can I do you for you?”

Twilight continued to slink around the room.

Pinkie shifted her eyes nervously, “Uh, Twilight, what are you doing?”

She stopped where she was, sat down and mumbled something under her breath.

“I’m sorry I didn’t catch that,” Pinkie said walking closer to Twilight, “Say it a bit louder this time.”

Twilight jolted upright, startling Pinkie. She grabbed Pinkie by the shoulders and started shouting, “It’s all wrong, all wrong! Not supposed to be here, not supposed to be here!”

Twilight let Pinkie go and clutched her head, “They won’t get out of my head! Oh, god. Get out of my head!” Twilight fell to the floor still clutching her head.

“Twilight, you’re scaring me,” Pinkie said frightened, she wanted to help Twilight, but she didn’t know what to do, “Tell me what’s wrong, who won’t get out of your head?”

“Can’t talk to you,” Twilight responded.

“Why not, what’s wrong?” Pinkie asked.

“You don’t belong here!” Twilight went back to shouting, “Not yet, unfinished business, unfinished business. Please, get out of my head.”

Pinkie had never seen Twilight this way, it was really scaring her. It was as if Twilight was possessed or something.

“Twilight, what do you mean?” Pinkie asked, “Why would I not belong here?”

Twilight picked her head up and quickly glanced around the room. She rose up on all fours and Pinkie backed up against the counter. She didn’t know what Twilight would do next; she couldn’t believe she was frightened of her own friend.

“Pinkie, what am I doing here?” Twilight asked confusedly.

“What do you mean, you walked in and started babbling nonsense,” Pinkie responded, still backed against the counter.

“Babbling nonsense, how so?” Twilight asked beginning to step closer, but when Pinkie Pie flinched she held back.

“You came into the shop slinking around and shouting, ‘It’s all wrong, not supposed to be here, not supposed be here’ and then you grabbed your head and started screaming for something to get out of it,” Pinkie explained, “It was terrifying, I didn’t know what to make of it.”

“Well that certainly is odd,” Twilight said rubbing her chin, “The last thing I remember was walking towards Sofas and Quills and next thing I know I’m here, lying on the floor.”

“So, you don’t remember any of it?” Pinkie asked, finally stepping away from the counter, “And I suppose you don’t know what you were talking about either?”

“I haven’t the slightest; it’s all very strange,” Twilight said looking at the floor quizzically, “Oh, well. That’s that I suppose.”

Pinkie Pie was astonished, “What, just like that? You’re not going to investigate, or figure out what the heck you were saying, or why you can’t remember it?”

“I don’t see any reason to investigate,” Twilight said opening the door to leave.

“You don’t see any reason to investigate?!” Pinkie asked, a bit irritated, “You came into my shop unaware, and started shouting. And you have no reason to investigate.”

Twilight paused in the doorway for a few seconds, and then turned back to Pinkie before leaving, “Nope.”

Pinkie let out an exasperated sigh after Twilight had left. Her fears were now confirmed something was clearly wrong here. What was Twilight talking about, why wasn’t she supposed to be here? And why couldn’t Twilight remember any of it, unless she was hiding something. She did seem rather keen on not figuring out what was going on, but Twilight had a terrible poker face. She couldn’t hide a lie to save her life. Pinkie rubbed her chin, everything that happened so far has been quite strange. She was beginning to question what was real again; she didn’t know what to believe. She stood pondering it a while longer, then she shook it off and began closing down the shop for the day. Maybe things would make more sense after a good night’s sleep.


As Pinkie Pie lay in bed, Twilights bantering began running through her mind. She was trying to piece it together; it was going to drive her mad trying to figure out what she meant. She rolled over onto her stomach and hid her head under her pillow, trying to keep the thoughts out so she could get some sleep. And finally, after several minutes of tossing and turning she drifted off to sleep.





Pinkie opened her eyes to find that she was back in the void of darkness, basking under an overhead light. In her lap was Pound Cakes music box, open and playing the tune she was humming earlier today. Suddenly, it came back to her. She now remembered where she had heard it from, Mr. Cake would open this music box every night for Pound Cake so he would go to sleep, and the sweet tune would fill the entire shop and coax Pinkie to sleep. Pinkie closed her eyes and let the music fill her ears. It seemed to help melt the worries about being back here away. She began humming and swaying back and forth to the tune, but as she listened something seemed to be off, the song sounded as if it were slowing down. Pinkie opened her eyes, the music box was gone. Pinkie searched the ground around her, but it was nowhere to be found. Where was the music coming from? The tune continued to slow; it now sounded less like a cheerful tune and more like a demonic chant. Pinkie stood up on all fours and glanced around the area. She didn’t know what to do; the tune was truly making her uneasy. Why was this happening? She began to hyperventilate as the song began to slow even more.

“Come on Pinkie, get ahold of yourself,” she said trying to calm her nerves, “Just keep breathing. In, out. In, out.”

Pinkies breathing returned to normal, but the tune continued to slow. It was nothing but a jumbled bit of incoherent nonsense now. Pinkie closed her eyes tightly, maybe when she opened them this nightmare would be over. She waited a few seconds and the tune came to a complete stop. She waited a few more seconds for it to start up again, nothing, complete silence. She opened her eyes and to her dismay she was stood in complete darkness. The overhead light was gone and she was left alone. She turned several time looking for light, but it was nowhere to be found. She was beginning to feel uneasy again, why was this happening to her.

“Hello!” Pinkie cried out, she didn’t expect anyone to call back. She would’ve been more scared if someone actually had, “Why is this happening to me? I just want to wake up, please, just wake up.”

Pinkie stood still for a while; she didn’t know what to do. If this was a dream, it certainly didn’t feel like one. It all felt too real, she hung her head and let out a sigh. Suddenly, her feet fell out from under her. It took her moment to realize that she was falling. She let out a yelp as she began to fall faster and faster. Acting on instinct, she stuck out her front hooves, hoping to grab hold of a wall or something. She felt her hoof scrape down what felt like cobblestone. She pulled it back in pain, she was moving too fast. It would end up scraping her hoof down to bone, but she realized that if she didn’t do it she would meet a much more painful fate if she met the ground at this speed. She took in a deep breath and stuck her hooves out, pressing as hard as she could on either side. She let out a bloodcurdling scream as the friction began to burn her hooves, she could feel herself slowing, but she was still moving too fast. She pressed harder, her hooves felt as if they were on fire. She could feel the skin being scraped off, much more of this and she wouldn’t have any front hooves left. As she slowed to descent speed, the walls ended and she was dropped with a jarring thud on the ground. She brought her front hooves up to her face, but it was too dark to see the damage. She knew though that it wasn’t pretty. She rolled over onto her back and felt something jab her. She reached under her back and cringed when it came in contact with her injured hoof, as she brought it out it made a rattling sound.

“A rattle?” Pinkie questioned, “What the…”

Pinkie trailed off as a bright light cut on behind her. It looked like an exit.

“Oh, thank Celestia,” she cried in excitement, “Finally, a way out.”

She tried to stand up, but as soon as she put pressure on her front hooves the pain was too much to bear and her legs buckled. She stared at the light, she couldn’t give up; she needed to get out of here. She moved the rattle to her left hoof, she didn’t know why she was holding on to it; she felt a certain attachment she supposed. Pinkie used her right hoof to drag herself towards the light. With each pull her hoof ignited in pain, but she wasn’t giving up, she needed to get out of this place. As she got closer to the light it began getting brighter. She closed her eyes and crawled through. As she continued to crawl, the light grew dimmer and she opened her eyes. She was lying in her bed, sunlight streamed in through the window.

“These nightmares are going to be the end of me,” she exclaimed, reaching up to rub the sweat off her forehead. As she reached up something jabbed her in the side of the head. She looked in her hoof, and in her grasp was a pink baby rattle.

Author's Note:

The plot thickens...