• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 581 Views, 11 Comments

*****DISCONTINUED*****Until the End Comes - XfluttersX



The griffon army has declared war on ponykind, and we need to fight back. We will not stand idly by while our villages and towns are sacked by the Griffon menace.

  • ...
5
 11
 581

From Nowhere

Chapter Three: From Nowhere

I awoke to the sound of grinding metal. The beast from my nightmares stood in front of me.

‘Rarity!’ It growled. ‘You must be punished for your deed!’

‘But must I? I am, afterall, a generous pony, so maybe we can come to a compromise?’ I asked in my most gentle and seductive tone.

‘Yes! You must be punished! You betrayed the trust of us, and now you must pay for it!’ The thing spit as it spoke, spraying me.

I had to think of something to say, anything to get him to let me go. ‘What did I do to make you all so mad? How could somepony as special as I possibly do anything to upset you? I thought we were friends.’ I smiled my prettiest smile, but the creature standing before me didn’t seem to care.

‘You cannot sway my decision. And even if you did, the counsel already decided. You have three days to get the diamonds back before we come, and with us, the end. Bring us the diamonds at the borders of Outerlandia and Equestria before the Full Moon in three nights.’ It roared at me, waking me from my deep slumber.



‘Sweetie Belle!’ I yelled. ‘Momma needs you now!’

‘What is it?’ She asked, quite annoyed. ‘And stop calling yourself Momma!’

‘I need you to - wait. Did you just tell me to stop calling myself Momma? How dare you!’ I hoofed her in the face. ‘I- I- I didn’t mean to! I swear! Sweetie! Momma’s just under a lot of stress lately.’

Sweetie stormed from the room, more sad than mad. ‘Sweetie! Please come back!’ I heard the door slam shut. ‘Buck.’

I didn’t know what I was going to do, and I knew that the dream I just had wasn’t any old dream. It was a prophecy. I needed to get this information to Celestia. ‘But how can I get it to Celestia fast enough?’ I asked myself. After a moment to contemplate how much dumber I could possibly be, I yelled, ‘Spike!’

Of course. Spike could do it. I teleported myself to the Library, only to find I had stumbled upon quite a funny scene.

At least it was funny until I realized what was going on. Trixie was atop Twi, and I thought she had tripped. I began to laugh but choked on my own laughter when I finally figured it all out. They were totally together. Like together, together. I turned around, ‘I am quite sorry for this, something has just been brought to my attention and I must inform the Princess.’ I said, my voice quivering. ‘Oh, um yea. Spike!’ Twilight called quite embarrassed.

‘Coming!’ Spikes voice called. ‘What is it - Oh Rarity!’ He rushed down the stairs, his cheeks flushed with a bright red.

‘Spike, I need you to send a letter to the Princess as Follows:’

Dearest Princess Celestia,

I have just had a most frightful vision, and I do not know of what. All I know is that creatures of unknown type and origin are threatening our very existence, and I don’t know how to stop them. All I know is that they are looking for a Diamond, or Diamonds. It can’t be any old diamonds though, it has to be The Diamonds. I don’t know what they are, where they are, or what to look for. They said that we have three days and nights before they will destroy Equestria.
Get to me as soon as possible.

-Rarity

‘Thank you Spike,’ I tossed him a Sapphire from my bag. ‘I am just going to go out on a limb and say that you guys are dating?’

‘It’s not what it looks like! I swear!’ Twi groaned. ‘Don’t lie to her now, it’s obvious what we were doing. Yes. We’re in love. No. We weren't going to tell anypony we wanted to wait until after Flutters’ and Dashie’s wedding to tell everypony.’ Trixie confessed.

‘I knew it! You two wouldn’t be able to work together without falling in love. It’s just what happens.’ I laughed at how awkward the room had become.

‘Anyway, you all heard what I said about the things coming, or were you two too busy staring into each other’s endless gazes?’ I asked, nonchalantly.

‘Shut up! We were listening!’ Twi yelled at me. She did look slightly annoyed.
‘Okay then you know how urgent it is we find these Diamonds? I suggest you get looking, Momma has to get home and get her beauty sleep.’ With that, I strutted from the room, easing the tension in their hearts.

‘Sweetie?’ I called, entering the Carousel Boutique. ‘Yes, Big Sis, something you wanna say? Or are you just going to hoof me again?’ She asked, more annoyed than angered.

‘Oh you know I didn’t mean it. It’s just you need to let Mommy call herself what she wants to.’ I replied.

‘Oh do I? I am old enough I could just leave Ponyville and there isn’t a single thing you could do about it. I have my Cutiemark, after all.’ She said, quite snottily.

‘Don’t be so snappy, my dear sister. You do live off of the bits I supply, do you not? And how could you have survived if not for my dearest Opal?’ I asked her, innocently.

‘I don’t need your bits or your Opal. I can make bits on my own, making dresses and such, it is my calling, isn’t it? She nastily spat at me.

This conversation was getting quite venomous, quite quickly. ‘Sweetie, is there any reason to speak this way to your older sister? Your Mentor? Your Provider? Your Savior?’

‘You couldn’t be the savior of Opal! How do you think you could be the savior of me?!’ She stormed down the stairs towards me. ‘You don’t think I know just what you did? You think I didn’t see you, don’t you. I know who you are, what you are, and I know where those Diamonds are.’ She stared into my eyes, malice emanating from her being.

‘I simply do not know what you are speaking of. These gems, whatever they are, are not Diamonds. I know that now. Wait, how do you know about them?’ I questioned her.

‘You’re not as sneaky as you might think, Big Sis. I watched you go into the Everfree forest, venturing alone, except for Opalescence. You couldn’t leave the cat, not when they told you explicitly to bring her along, could you?’ Still, she stared, her pupils seeming to envelop the entirety of her eyes.


‘Sweetie Belle! You were spying on me? How could you?’ I asked in my sweetest voice.

‘How could I? You took your cat into the Everfree Forest. You walked a long, dark road alone. One that didn’t need to be walked at all. You traveled day and night, looking for a shrine that may or may not have existed, and when you finally found it, you pulled a knife from your cute little bag, and slit Opal’s throat. You threw her in front of the shrine, and walked away. And you ask “How could I”?!’ She said, emotionless.

‘What is your point sister? I did what had to be done.’ I retorted, quite enraged with her.

‘My point is, Equestria would be better off without a pony only looking out for herself. I thought you were supposed to be the embodiment of Generosity itself.’ She asked, slowly taking her hoof from behind her back. ‘My point is, you won't be leaving here alive. You and I are the only two who know where the Diamonds are, and we both know you aren’t going to give them to Celestia. I’m doing this because I have -’

I cut her off, quite literally. ‘Oh Sweetie, you thought you would just, what is it called, take me out? No, no my sweet little sister. Those Diamonds are mine, and nopony, not you, not Celestia herself, are going to interfere with that.’

I pushed the knife deeper into her stomach, twisting it and turning, to cause a mortal wound.

‘You see, when they get here, I will be long gone. Any trace of me ever existing, gone. When Celestia is dead, I will stop.’ I pushed Sweetie’s still warm body off of me. It fell to the ground with a slam. I picked up my bag, slid a clean knife or two into it, and walked out.



Hey, um...it’s my turn to tell the story now, if that’s okay with you…okay good.

I’m Fluttershy, if you didn’t know. Um, I guess I died a little while ago. I’m back now though, so it’s okay. I’ve been having small problems lately, like forgetting things.

It started pretty small, like not remembering my fillyhood, then it went to forgetting how I got my Cutiemark, and then I forgot how I met Twilight, and now I have to see each and everyone of my friends, or else I forget who they are.

I was pretty worried at first, but then it all started coming back. Like my fillyhood. All those cute little animals I killed. My parents, burning in a fire. Me, smiling as they screamed for help.

I remember the day I got my cutie mark as clear as light from dark. I was in a dark room, with a lot of other Mares and Colts. I had a thin, sharp knife in my hoof, and I didn’t know why. All I wanted to do was kill. I slowly walked through the crowd of ponies, stabbing each one I passed.

That’s when it appeared! My Cutiemark! It’s kinda strange, being three butterflies and all, but whatever. You get what life gives you I guess. I remember the day Twilight and I met. She found me killing “innocent” little woodland creatures. She was aghast, but I fixed her right up with a rock to the head. Spike took one too. I was gone by the time they woke up, and they seem to think that the first time they met me I was training birds to sing for Celestia. Don’t know what they’re smoking, but I want some.

Sometimes I feel like these memories aren’t my own, but then I realize that I wouldn’t have them if they were somepony elses! Silly Fluttershy…

Anyway, I should probably tell you about Sweetie Belle. I heard screaming and I laid down in the flowers. I listened to the screaming as though it were a lullaby, and for me, it was.

I didn’t move until later that night, when Dashie came to find me. For some reason, she’s the only pony I don’t fantasize about killing. Maybe it’s because we’re getting married? Or maybe I don’t fantasize about killing anypony. Wait, Flutters, what are you saying? Of course you fantasize about killing, you just did. Didn’t you…?

I...I don’t know what’s going on. I need to think about this...give me a second.

Okay it’s been a second and I have decided. I’m insane. I don’t really care though. Nopony else realizes I’m insane, so I guess I’m safe. I don’t think about killing things in my free will, it’s somepony else putting these thoughts in my mind, and I can’t shake the feeling it has to do with Rarity.

‘Oh Fluttershy! Hi!’ Pinkie bounced over to me, smiling her usual smile. ‘Oh, hi Pinkie.’ I smiled.

‘Your down aren’t you. That’s too bad. Let’s see if I can help! Your sad because you’re having weird thoughts, and you don’t know why, but it’s about killing ponies and innocent woodland creatures. You have multiple memories of one event, but you're not a fourth wall breaker, like me! Oh yeah! Did I mention I’m a fourth wall breaker? Anyway, you can’t shake the feeling Rarity is behind it all. Oh, you also think you're insane! Right?’ Pinkie giggle at me.

‘Oh, um… actually that’s it exactly. How do you do that? First Twilight, now me? What’s up with you? Oh wait. You’re a Fourth Wall Breaker. What is that, anyway? I inquired.

‘Oh it just means that I tell all our viewers out there that we are all fictional!’ She smiled again.

‘Fictional? What are you talking about, Pinkie? We’re real. I’m talking to you right now.’ I looked at her. Maybe she’s the insane one.

‘No we’re not! We’re just the imagination of a nice lady named Lauren Faust. She’s a human! You know, hands, feet, walks on two legs. They’re pretty strange looking, actually.’

Okay, Pinkie was definitely insane. How could a being that’s non-existent in our world possibly influence my decisions.

‘Whatever you say, Pinkie.’ She bounded off, in the direction of the Carousel Boutique, and I laid down in the meadow, listening to the lullaby of screams as they lulled me to sleep.

Author's Note:

Ohmygersh. I haven't worked on FanFictions in like months. Anyway, getting back into it. Here's the next like half a page. Sorry it's so short, been having lots of walls put up involuntarily in my head.

Comments ( 2 )

3253527

Hahahah this made me cry. I don't think that's what he was going for, but I get what your saying. Guilda is the only Griffon we've even heard of, we don't even know if there are any other griffons. But we can make the assumption that all Griffons are mean and stuck up, because the only statistics we have on that species is based on one Griffon. :rainbowlaugh:

Looks like the end came.

Login or register to comment