• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 580 Views, 11 Comments

*****DISCONTINUED*****Until the End Comes - XfluttersX



The griffon army has declared war on ponykind, and we need to fight back. We will not stand idly by while our villages and towns are sacked by the Griffon menace.

  • ...
5
 11
 580

The Griffon Army

10 Years after Twilight became an Alicorn Princess.

I watched them grab her, pull her, tear at her with their terrible claws. I watched in agony as my best friend was torn apart in front of me and there was nothing I could do. 'Come on Twi! Your magic! Think of something!' I thought to myself. I couldn't just let her die there! If they so much as laid one more finger on her, there's no saying what I would do. As the biggest one brought her claws to her neck, I broke free. They're petty iron chains couldn't hold an Alicorn. I grabbed its largest claw, tearing it off with my magic. I took it to her eye and stabbed it into her. As she lie screaming on the floor, the other ones rushed at me. I turned to Trixie on the floor and yelled, 'Now!'


Trixie picked one of the claws off the floor in her hoof and began rapidly swinging it towards the other Griffons. I looked to her and smiled to myself, 'my student turned out just fine didn't she.' Rushing at Guilda I screamed, 'Why are you here?!' I picked her up with my magic, and threw her across the illuminated room.



Guilda looked at me with a sudden hatred, as though I had just killed her entire family and she said, 'Because we don't like you. You are inferior to Griffons, so we are going to put each and every one of you down, including your precious Rainbow Dash.' She lunged at me clawing at my chest, barely nicking it. The blood streamed out of the wounds, but I didn't let that stop me. I had to figure out what to do next, but I just didn't know.


I turned to Trixie for help, but she had problems of her own. I had to deal with Guilda myself. I chuckled to myself, this was gonna be fun. I looked around me, and that's when I saw it. The cloth that would save My life including Trixie's. I flung it into the air, towards Guilda. It landed on her back, and she looked at me with a malicious grin on her face, 'Is that all you've got?' and I lit it on fire. I lit the cloth on fire, and it burned as though it was drenched in lighter fluid. It lit Guilda's wings on fire, slowly burning through the feathers. I turned to look at Trixie and she knew what to do. She and I both charged our magic, smashing it through the ceramic wall of Guida's sky-house.


I lifted my wings to stop myself from falling, but then I remembered. Trixie wasn't an Alicorn! I had to save her! I looked all around, but she was nowhere to be seen. I flew to the ground, afraid of what I would see. She was sitting on the ground, smiling at me. I let out a little nervous laugh and fell apart laughing. I remembered I had just taught her the teleport spell, but I didn't think she'd be able to master it that fast!


While I knew she was a truly magic Unicorn, I didn't realize how strong she truly was until that moment. She was as strong as me, if not stronger, and she knew it too. We looked at each other, realizing that we had to get out of here because the other griffons would be arriving soon. We ran as fast as we could to the Everfree forest. After we found our secluded area, a little clearing with a beautiful pond, trees, and river. I looked over to where she just was, but all I saw was a blue blur. She was already on me, crying and hugging me.

She cried into my shoulder, 'I thought I was gonna die in there! Thank you so much Twilight, thank you!' I turned to my student and said, 'What you thought I would just let them beat the buck out of you and I wouldn't do anything about it?' 'I mean I could have gotten myself out of it, being the Great and Powerful Trixie I am, but it was nice knowing you were there for me. You know?' she said with a little smirk.

I grinned at her, and we walked out of our little paradise. We galloped back to Ponyville to ready them against the Griffon army coming. 'Trixie I need you to gather everypony and bring them to the Town Square. Mayor? can you get Spike for me please? Thank you.' Trixie arrived with the other ponies and I looked out at them, now was time for my speech...

'Great ponies of Ponyvillle! We are under attack by the Griffon army. We don't truly know why they are here, only that they seek to exterminate all ponies from Equestria. We must show them who they are dealing with. We must show them that they can't go around, killing everything because they want to. We must show them that we will not tolerate it. For Ponyville! For Celestia! FOR EQUESTRIA!'


Spike came just in time. 'Spike I need you to send a letter to Celestia for me right away! Um, just put that I need to speak with her, Luna, and Cadence immediately.' I needed to speak with my friends, I looked through the crowds and spotted them talking with Trixie. I flew to them and told them what was going on. 'We need to get to Canterlot before the Griffons arrive in Ponyville. We need to get the Princesses to send reinforcements to us, because without them, we won't win this, and without us, equestria will be lost.


Trixie, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Rarity, AJ, Pinkie, and I hurried for Canterlot. When we got there, everypony was indoors. The streets were cleared, which was strange. It was midday. What could be going on? We hurried to the castle, went in and saw where everypony was. Blood was everywhere. The mangled remains of ponies lie scattered across the floor. I looked everywhere for the Princesses, but couldn't find them anywhere. We split up to cover more ground quicker. I hurried to Celestia's room, but found nothing. Trixie went to the observation deck, Fluttershy flew to Luna's room, AJ galloped to the guest room, and none of us found anything. That is until we heard Pinkie shriek.

We all rushed to the Throne Room, where Pinkie had gone to search. We walked into a full scale battle. Griffons were tearing the Royal Guard to shreds, but Celestia, Cadence, and what looked a lot like Nightmare Moon were eviscerating the Griffons. I ran to Celestia’s side, asking what we were to do. She turned to me and said dully, ‘Fight, obviously.’ I tried not to grin, but I couldn’t help it. I turned to the others and told them what ‘Tia had said. We all got in fighting position. That is, all of us but Fluttershy.

Fluttershy was hiding in the corner. Rainbow went to console her, and she got her to hide in the other room. The fight was raging in the middle, so the plan was that Trixie, Rarity, and I would stay back and fight with our magic, Rainbow Dash and Applejack would fight in the middle with the Royal Guards, and Pinkie would use her Party Cannon, filled with all kinds of things.

Rainbow rushed headlong into the pack of beasts, tearing through them with her bladed wings. She put small daggers along her wing tips so that whenever she swung her wings at something, it would through them. Applejack was using her hooves as her first defense and main offense. She kicked so hard that it would knock a dragon's jaw loose. Her front hooves were not to be trifled with, packing a huge punch.

Pinkie was in the corner, stuffing her cannon full of rocks, nails, glass, anything that would hurt something. She lit the fuse and watched it burn, but as soon as the fuse neared the end of its life, she saw what she was pointing the cannon at. Where a second ago a mass of griffons was standing, stood Rainbow Dash. Pinkie screamed at her to move, but she couldn’t hear over the noise of the battle. Fluttershy peaked around the door just in time to see that Pinkie was shouting at Rainbow to move.

Fluttershy looked at the cannon, then Pinkie, then finally at Rainbow. She realized what was about to happen. She flew full speed at Dash, knocking her out of the way just as the cannon fired. The group of objects flew at Fluttershy at a speed even greater than that of Dashie’s Sonic Rainboom. Fluttershy stood no chance. The glass flew through her wings cutting them to shreds, the nails jabbing all through her body, and the rocks pounding her, knocking her to the ground.

Rainbow fell to the ground as Flutters pushed her. She turned to face her, about to ask her what wrong, but all she saw was her best friend, riddled with glass, nails, and bruised and broken from the rocks lying on the ground. Dash looked at Pinkie with a grievous look, a look of suffering, longing, and pain. She picked Flutters up in her arm and flew her from the room, into the welcome hall. She laid her on the ground and whispered to her that it would all be okay. ‘Flutters. Flutters you gotta stay with me here. Fluttershy you cannot go now. Equestria needs you, the others, they need you. I need you.’ Fluttershy looked up at her and smiled weakly, ‘Rainbow, you don’t have to do anything. You’re safe now, aren’t you?’ She coughed up blood, spitting it on the ground next to her. ‘As long as you’re okay...I’m okay.’

Fluttershy died in Dashie’s arms. There was nothing she could do about it. She knew it wasn’t Pinkie’s fault. It was the Griffons fault. They were going to pay, sincerely. She jumped up, slowly lying Flutter’s lifeless body to the ground. She flew out of the room in a rage. She shot at the nearest griffon, grabbing it in her hooves and slamming it into the ground. Seeing it was dealt with,she turned to find another victim, and that’s when she saw her. Guilda. Her wings were black now, instead of white. One of her eyes were missing There were hardly any feathers on her body, looking as though they were scorched off.

She bulleted past the other griffons and ponies, flying straight at Guilda. Just as she was about to grab Guilda, she sidestepped. Guilda grabbed Dashie in her clawless hands, and drove her to the floor. She may not have had claws, but she still had strength. She picked up Rainbow’s body and threw her to the ground. Dash rolled out of the way of Guilda’s fist. She flew up and stuck her wing blades into Guilda’s back, picking her up in her wings. She flew to the top the of room and dropped her, knowing she wouldn’t be able to fly to stop herself from pounding into the ground. Rainbow flew at Guilda’s body, slamming her bladed wings into her chest, over and over, pulling in and out, stabbing until Guilda was a bleeding pulp. During Guilda’s last words she spoke, ‘You cannot defeat them, even if you kill the other griffons, there is more waiting for you.’

The remaining griffons fled the scene to regroup and recuperate. Celestia turned to me, ‘What was that about twilight?’ ‘The griffons have declared war on ponykind. I don’t know why, and I don’t know what about, but they did.’ I added, ‘Who is the pony that looks like Nightmare Moon?’ ‘Umm, that is Nightmare Moon, except she’s not a Nightmare this time. She’s fighting to help ponies instead of hurt them.’ ‘Tia replied. Nightmare turned to me, slowly changing back into Luna. ‘I can turn into Nightmare moon at will, but I cannot stay that way for long, otherwise it will bring me back to my old ways.’

I rushed to Rainbow. ‘Where is Fluttershy? How is she?’ Rainbow just looked at me with a sad look on her face, a single tear dripping off her nose. I rushed to the welcome hall, only to find a blood stain on the ground, along with a blood trail that stopped quite suddenly. I asked Rainbow where she put Fluttershy and she told me the welcome hall. I turned to her and said with a dark tone, ‘She isn’t there.’

Rainbow flew past me with a fury I hadn’t before seen in her. She looked at the blood stain and trail and looked at me with a grim look. ‘The griffons took her body. What could they possibly want from her?!’ She looked at me with an at first look of hatred, but then a look of deep sadness. ‘My best friend is dead and gone, and the griffons are still out there, and they hate us for no reason. What’s going on Twi?’ I just shook my head, not knowing how to respond. I left her in there to mourn her loss.

I returned to the Throne Room to help care for the wounded. I scanned the room for Cadence, but I couldn’t see her anywhere. I finally spotted her with Celestia, using their magic to heal the sick and dying. I flew to them and demanded to know what was going on. ‘What did you ponies do to enrage the griffons so much?’ ‘We didn’t do anything Twi, I swear!’ Cadence responded. ‘I need the truth and the truth now!’ I screamed. Celestia looked at me with a guilty face, ‘I spoke with they’re leader not to long ago, he said he would declare war on ponykind, unless we gave up Manehatten and Fillydelphia to griffon rule. I turned them down, not taking his ultimatum seriously.'

I looked at Celestia with newfound disgust. ‘And you didn’t think to tell the rest of us what was going on? When were you going to bring this up?’ ‘Twi, it doesn’t matter, all that matters is that they will strike again, and when they do its going to be hard. They’re leader, King Tylon, said that he would hit us where it counts, and I believe that means Ponyville. It is where the Elements of Harmony dwell after all.’

‘So what you're saying is we need to gather our strength and defend ponyville against all odds? Because if thats what your saying then I don’t want to hear it because thats exactly why I came here in the first place.’ I looked at Celestia waiting for a response. She began to say something, but cut herself off. ‘Twi, it’s not my fault that the griffons attacked, its only my fault that I didn’t tell you ponies.’ ‘Exactly! How can I trust you if you can’t even tell us that the Griffon Leader, for Celestia’s Sake, is planning to declare war?!’ I stormed out of the castle with the others, hoping to prove my point.

When we got further down the road, Rainbow pointed something out to me. The blood trail had begun again, but it was splattered as though the thing bleeding was flying. Now we all saw what happened to Flutters. There was no way her wings were in shape to fly. They had just been torn apart by glass, ripped through by nails, and broken by rocks. She couldn’t possibly fly, could she? We followed the blood trail all the way back to Ponyville, where it abruptly stopped. We searched high and low for it, but to no avail.

We flew to the mayor to see how the town fared while we were in Canterlot. She told us everything went just fine, all except for a lone storm cloud that hovered over town for awhile. We explained what had happened in Canterlot, and how Fluttershy had died, and that, we think, the griffons had take her body. ‘Anyway Mayor, we need to prepare Ponyville for the worst. The griffons are gonna attack here next, and we haven’t prepared at all.’ ‘Oh quite on the contrary my dearest Twilight,’ came a voice from behind me. I turned to see Rarity. ‘I have outfitted Ponyville with the highest tech defense I could think of, and with the help of the Apple family and the Wonderbolts, we have already installed them. You see when I click this small, red, shiny button here in my hand, defenses will shoot up all over around ponyville like automated tar guns, pressure activated blade traps, and this thing me and the Mayor thought of. It has sharp points all over it, and its made of steel. We call it “Barbed Wire”.’

I couldn’t stop myself from smiling about Rarity’s ingenuity. Once again, it was going to save us. ‘When those griffons come, they’ll have no idea what hit them.’ Whispered Rainbow. ‘We are gonna teach them to start a fight with us.’

We waited for a day, then a week, then a month and still nothing happened, until one day I got a letter from Celestia. It said in quickly written text that she had gotten word of a legion of Griffons on their way to Ponyville as we speak. She sent the wonderbolts, Royal Guard, Shining Armor, Luna and Cadence, but she couldn’t come. She had pressing matters to attend to .

‘Pressing matters?’ Asked Trixie. ‘Yes I know, the princess can be very difficult sometimes, but it doesn’t matter right now, all that matters is that the griffons are coming and we need to get set up.’ We rushed to town square, once again gathering the ponies. I told them of what happened at Canterlot Castle, and what was coming here now. ‘We are going to facing the griffon army, at the head King Tylon. They are a great force, but we are greater. The Wonderbolts, Royal Guard, Luna and Cadence are all coming to help defend, but even then, this will still be a great challenge. We are faced with the greatest challenge of our generation, but we will not fail, not because we can’t but because we wont. They will know fear. They will know why they live in a secluded region away from us. We will give them reason to cry, reason to be fearful, but most of all reason to regret their decisions. Ponies! Ready your Arms! The enemy is at the front gates!’
It’s Rainbow here to tell you the story from my perspective for awhile.

And with those words the griffons burst through the front gate. They charged through and just as soon as they did, Rarity clicked her red button, setting off all the traps, turrets, and ‘barbed wire’. I charged into the chaos, not yet ready to forgive them for what they did to Fluttershy. I slashed at a tall griffon, cutting his wings clean off. I finished him by stabbing him in the chest. I turned to another one, a smaller, gangly looking one. I just laughed and picked her up and threw her to the ground, shattering her rib cage. I looked down at her, smiling. I had a blood lust that could only be fulfilled by burying my Flutters.

I looked around for another one to kill, but they were being taken out fairly easy. It was actually quite impressive on our part. They rushed through the gates being taken down pretty easily. It was pathetic really. I hoped for a better fight than that.

That is when I saw him. The leader of the griffons. Tylon. I flew at him with great speed, shattering the sound barrier. I grabbed him up in my arms but he just threw me off of him.I fell pretty far before catching myself, but that didn’t matter. Before I knew it he was on top of me, beating me with his iron plated talons. Every hit cut deep, and they hurt. I couldn’t stop him. He was much stronger than me.

I knew he was going to kill me, but he was taking his time. Just as he was about to take one final bat at my face, he was thrown off of me, and I couldn’t believe my eyes. ‘You! Don’t! Touch! My! FRIENDS!’ and the pink and yellow blur flew towards Tylon at a great speed. She grabbed him threw him to the floor, picked a rock from the ground and was just about to swing it at his head, when she realized what she was doing. ‘I...I can’t hurt somepony...what am I doing?’ I flew at her grabbing her off his chest. I picked up the rock and began to bash his skull in. ‘Look away, look away...Fluttershy.’ I snapped his neck in my hooves.

At that he let out an extremely loud and blood curdling screech. When the other griffons heard it they began to fly away, but our turrets just gunned them down as they flew. Not a single one would get away, and the ones that got out of reach of the turret were taken down by Pinkies cannon. I couldn’t help but smile as they were taken out of the air. I turned to the side, and I almost forgot, but Fluttershy was there! She looked perfect! I ran at her, tackled her to the ground and kissed her. I actually kissed her.

She blushed and just laid there, her hooves on her chest. She looked at the grass next to her, and smiled. She looked up at me and blushed again. I smiled at her, loving the little blush she did. I picked her up in my arms, carrying her tightly against my body. ‘How in Celestia’s Bucking Hoof are you alive?!’ Shocked with my cursing, she replied, ‘I don’t know how I survived, or how I ended up in Ponyville. All I know is that I was last lying on the ground of the welcome hall in Canterlot Castle, and I think I died.’

End of Chapter One: The Griffon Army

Author's Note:

Done!