• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 563 Views, 5 Comments

Home. - Ducati



A young urban bike rider, who is also a future parent, and his quest to make money by sabotaging his fathers old company. Until he finds someone else, who has the same plan...

  • ...
1
 5
 563

The Bridge

Like every weekday morning, Will didn't want to get up. Having no responsibilities, he would sleep until 12 with Anna. Other then on weekends, this was the usual time he woke up. Sometimes very early in the morning, he would get another ride in, and when he came back, Anna would have breakfast for him. The way things were lately, Will found himself wanting to be alone most of the time. There was a group of friends he used to hang out with, one of them was somebody who was executing the plan with him. The more he thought about that plan, and Anna, the more he didn't want to do it, but the more he thought it was necessary.

Things changed for once, and Will was happy that it wasn't the usual bullshit. For some reason or another, he woke up at 10, and let out a long yawn. The stallion couldn't fall back asleep, so he rubbed Anna's mane and kissed her. The young mare yawned, turning and looking at him with her ocean blue eyes. She was always amazing him, even in the morning she was beautiful. The couple came closer, pushing their mussels together.

"Morning" Will yawned, after letting go.

"Morning... Little early, don't you think?"

"No, actually. This is when normal ponies get up, we are just extremely lazy" he got up, and stretched his wings.

"Well... Someones happy this morning" Anna smiled, getting up herself, and walking slowly over to her mirror. Will felt a some guilt when he looked over at her stomach.

"I wouldn't call it happy. I just woke up early. It is nice that things changed for one morning though, I am just sick of the same old shit"

"W-what do you mean by that?" The mare turned around and looked him in the eyes.

"Calm down... Not you, you're my only sunshine lately. I mean, the same shit where everything goes the same every morning. Nothing to do, and no purpose" he went into the bathroom, and did his business while Anna came in behind him. They were pretty comfortable with each other, and didn't mind doing their daily works while talking. Will sighed, looking around at the dirty tiles of the bathroom.

"Oh, you will have purpose soon enough sweetheart. Pretty soon you will be a dad Will, you should be excited. Something is bothering you, I can tell. Is something going on?"

"No Anna..."

"You mention you had something to do"

"Nothing Annabelle" Will sighed. He knew he was acting suspicious.

"Does it have to do with that machine gun on the table?" Will's ears pointed up. He hadn't left the gun out did he? How could he! Maybe it was the couple of drinks he had, that probably threw him off, and made him totally forget that he had a fully loaded SMG on the table. Anna knew it existed, but never thought he would use it. Will was going to have a foal soon, and he was leaving automatic weapons in reach?

"Uh..."

"Will... You know I don't ever get mad"

It was a hard decision. Will got up and began brushing his teeth, trying to avoid the question. Anna did aswell, giving him a strong look that made him cringe. She was never mad at him, probably because all she wanted to do is please him. Even when she would have mood swings, they would never be aimed at him. Will sometimes would be unlucky and Anna would snap on him, when he totally deserved it. The stallion turned away, as the taste of toothpaste tingled in his mouth, and he moaned at the dirty bathroom. This just reminded him of how bad this place really was.

"I-I-I.... I can't do it Anna. Maybe I will be soon, but it is for the better. I'm sorry, but I just can't"

"You... aren't cheating on me right-" Anna said, with a very serious look, as she finished brushing.

"I would never Annabelle, no way" he said "Nothing like that. Nothing that will harm you, just something I feel bad about. It's with Delta, nothing that will effect you or him. Actually it may help us" Will finished as they hugged eachother.

"Just be careful Will, don't get angry over that stupid company" Anna hesitated, holding Will tight in her arms before asking the next question "But what is the gun for?"

"I was drunk last night. I have no idea"

Anna sighed, knowing that he was probably lying. Any other mare would probably press their stallion until they spilled the beans. But she didn't want to cause any fighting, let alone even want to know what was going on. Everything had to be perfect for her child, and Will was wise right? He seemed to keep himself out of trouble, and did the right think. Anna didn't worry about it. He would never harm another pony. "Alright sweetheart. Do you have any plans for today? I can make you breakfast?"

"I'm fine" Will realized his phone viberated. He remembered that the night before, he mentioned something about meeting up to discuss the plan. "Well... I was going to run out- to, erm.. get some bike parts. Uh, I can get you breakfast!"

"Sounds good" Anna smiled. "Ignore it" she thought.

"I know what you like. Eggs, fried daisy, and cheese right? On a everything beagle?"

"Yep, sounds good. Just... be careful. Take the truck" She tossed Will the keys. "And how about you actually think about heading out somewhere to buy a car seat? The kid is going a need a way back from the hospital"

"Yeah, yeah. I will look into it" Will rolled his eyes, heading out the door.

Race cars, dragsters, street racers, none of that stuff really interested Will. Those fast cars weren't as awesome as a fast ride on a motorcycle. So when it came to taking the crappy SUV they had, he hated it. It was orginally Anna's and the stallion tried multible times to sell it for the extra money. She always insisted, and then she got pregnant. There was no possible way to transport a newborn on a motorcycle. It was bad parenting, and it was his excuse. Will told her they would get a car when they had a foal, and that was exactly what happened a month later. The pegasus sighed, hopping into the thing. It was a black, Chevy Tahoe, 2002 model. It actually was a fairly nice car, just Will found reasons to hate it.

As he pulled out of the parking space they had set up behind he building, Will turned on the radio. Hoping to find some rock, or anything to take him out of his tired stage, the stallion clicked through the radio station. It was settled, with Coldhay, Clocks. A song that wasn't made to be depressing, but it made him depressed anyhow. What WIll should have been thinking about was the plan. It consisted of doing these to Delta, his fathers old company, that he regretted, but had to be done. It was a empire! The old man sold it, when he was diagnosed with a horrible disease. He could still remember it. When he was a young, innocent colt, in the same warehouse he lived in now. His eyes, sparkling with fear, confusion, and worst of all, the hope that it wasn't happening.

It was the same, damp, cold season; Fall. The warehouse looked a lot better, and Will swore that the city wasn't as bright then. His father, the tallest, smartest, and greatest stallion in the world, stood over his son, looking at a villian. That villian didn't have red eyes, 20 tentacles, guns, or sharp teeth, he had a business suit. A sharp smile, that could manipulate the minds of unknowing ponies. But this time, his father was defeated, and the smile wasn't what pushed him over the edge. To give up on his dreams, which Will supported, and watched in awe. It was fate. The fate that he had to catch a horrible disease that would kill him, and will didn't know that.

All you have to do is sign the paper

"No... no. Not right now" Will wiped his thoughts, turning on the radio, and trying to distract himself from the memory as he drove into the city.

================================================

It was a good time to check his phone to figure out what Wick was doing. Will pulled over, in the parking lot of a Dunkin' Haynuts. The stallion pulled his flip phone out of the cup holder, with a flick of the wrist, it opened. He sighed, slipping through some emails, that were spam, trying to get to the message. The phone had a odd need to tell him every notification before he could actually get to what he wanted to. The same little blue "Blah blah Company wants you to try this shit product. Okay?". Finally the text that Wick sent popped up.

"Yo. Do you want to meet up? It looks like things are going down tonight. We both said today was phase one. You haven't forgot have you?" The blue text read. Will's ears shot up, and eyes narrowed. Of coarse tonight was phase one! How could he have forgotten! Well he had, and thought the was one more day until he attempted grand theft.

"Oh, coarse not. I'm going to have breakfast, then we can meet up around dusk. Sound good?" Will clicked in quickly

"Shit, you're up dude? Foal daddy usually sleeps in." came in a few minutes later, just as he was about to back out and get his food. The vibrating of his phone scared him as he sat for a minute.

"Yes. I'm up. Is the time good or not"

"Yeah... I guess it's fine man. Did you get your gun ready?" Another message read.

"I did, I don't know what the hell we are going to be shooting at" Will clicked in.

"Just for protection. Security I guess, but the thing is, I don't think we are the only geniuses with this plan. Delta is known for shitty security, the actual problem is others. If they have someone like you, they could steal the program instead"

"Nobody the same experience I do." Will pulled the car out, driving through to the drive-thru.

"You would be surprised. They would be armed too. These street gangs, man, they can be smart" Will read the message, before having to put the phone down and order.

"Well, I'm ready anyhow. I got to go man, we will meet this evening"

"Bye foal daddy"

=============================================

"What exactly will this paper do" Will's fathers looked down at the clipboard. The stallion facing him eyes burned red, when they looked at you, it felt like they could shoot lasers any minute. His smile showed evil. Maybe it was Will's imagination, but to this day, he didn't know why this stallion struck him as so evil.

"I told you multiple times Mr. Writ. It will hand over all your work to Delta, so that is can prosper in our hands. You gives us all rights, we take over, and the company is off your hands. As long as you still are part of the company, if that is your son, or any blood, you will still get credited and paid"

"I'm sorry, I am just worried, that is all" The old mans voice murmured. Will's small eyes looked up at his fathers. The same shade of blue, as he frowned at his little colt. Tears ran down Will's face. The buissness man stood waiting.

The pen reached down at the paper, as Will began to cry harder. He didn't exactly remember this part, but his father was about to sign the clipboard. The clipboard that would sell Delta to the menace it was now. The ponies that made it a empire, and one that was ran by greed. They only ever cared about money, and evil. Not wanting to make the world a better place for other, but for themselves. All Chris Writ's work, his fathers, to set up a better future. The flying cars, the talking machines, and all of this was going to be drained to be taken by the evil which was the corporate world.

Will watched, as fire came up from the paper. The paper went up in flames, as his father flew back and landed on his flank. He never had remembered this part, as the room became red, and the evil buissness man became bigger. Like a giant serpent, he now towered up over small Will, and his weak father, engulfed in flames.

MUHAHAHA DELTA IS ALL MINE! I WILL USE IT FOR EVIL! GREED! ITS ALL MINE NOW! ALL MINE!

No! No! The little colt yelped, as the face came closer to him, screaming for help as he was about to be consumed by the monster

NO!

Will woke up, and breathed heavily. He found himself under the Manehatten bridge in his SUV. He must of dosed off while waiting for Wick. It was all a nightmare, from back when he was just a young colt. When not only the dreams of his father were crushed, but so were his. The day that Delta died, and was sold to the menace.

Author's Note:

May have its errors, I have another story being made.

Comments ( 1 )

Hello! Guess who's back!

I like the modern/future take on the story and these plot elements your developing keep it up.

Login or register to comment