• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 562 Views, 5 Comments

Home. - Ducati



A young urban bike rider, who is also a future parent, and his quest to make money by sabotaging his fathers old company. Until he finds someone else, who has the same plan...

  • ...
1
 5
 562

Riverfront (Edited)

Will grew up being a privileged brat, always acting like a show-off. He liked to go around and brag that his father was working on the future. Its name was Delta, a small software company that his father started when he was young. Immediately his childhood friends would imagine robots and futuristic shows they would watch on TV. Flying cars, and talking machines, where thought to be coming due to this new found technology. The personal computer, which was now becoming available to the general public. Someday that company would make some of the first operating systems and contribute to the worldwide rush for computers. Will would tell anyone about it, and it was the coolest thing being that it was the 1980's. Never did he know where that plan went, and what his life was like now. Everything started with a warehouse, a warehouse on a riverfront, which was his home.

He hated it when he was a foal. It was musty and usually cold, one of the cons of having a father that was a programmer. Will always watched him work and never understood what he was doing. All day, almost every day, his father was busy. The warehouse made a good home for a college dropout, and now that his father was gone, it was all left to him. Will was lucky enough that the place usually stayed cool during the summer, but in the winter, the heat was just warm enough to keep the pipes from freezing. There was a arrangement of a fridge, stove, and a counter in the corner, and also a living area with a couch, rug and television. The rest, well was actually history. His fathers work laid all around, with desks and all kinds of junk he owned. For a bedroom, he had a lobby area, that was fortunate enough to have rug. The one thing that kept him there, instead of moving into a cheap apartment in New Jersey, was the garage. The warehouse was equipped with one, and at night, it had the greatest view of Manehattan and its bridge. It was still no place to raise a child.

==============================================

Will walked out of a bar. It was late at night, maybe around 2 o'clock in the morning. After doing his usual routine, of sitting in the bar and having a pint, he sat down on his noble, metal, steed. It was a Ducati Sport 1000, a legendary piece of transportation, that Will bought, knowing he couldn't afford it. With a kick of his back hoof the engine immediately roared to life, lower to a hum once the engine had warmed up. After putting his helmet on, his bike screeched, as it flew forward, out of the parking lot. As Will sped off he noticed the streets were almost empty. There was a car here and there as he made his way towards the Manhattan bridge, but he was able to easily swerve between them. As he watched his speed climb Will looked up at his destination, the blinking lights of the city skyscrapers. They all had red strobe lights on top that gently blinked every few seconds. The air was cool and brisk, prefect for a relaxing midnight ride. Will felt the sudden change of asphalt as the bridge ended. His bike came to a halt at a stop light. He stretched his wings out, feeling the breeze between his feathers, before looking back forward at the red-light.

"Turn already..." Will groaned, anxious to take off again. The short red light finally went back to green, and he continued riding. He had plenty things on mind. Sadly, the thrill of flying down the asphalt roads, didn't have the same feeling anymore. Now Will had too much on his mind, and it shouldn't have been that way at the age of 23. Most stallions his age were still being free and living life, and he had much more on his mind. Like the plan, and Anna at home, with his child. He wondered if what he was planning on doing was even right. Will's father was always telling him about trying to do the right thing. The man was wise, but why did the right thing feel so hard right now?

"It’s either watch my son grow up in that dump, or in a expensive home that could possibly come from 'The Plan'. I don't understand why life has to be this way Dad." Will sighed, finding out he was talking to himself. When his ride came to end, which was when he hit the end of the street, Will turned his bike around and headed back home. Lifting his visor and looking up at the stars, and tall buildings. His motor hummed, and was the only sound in the streets, as everyone seemed to be at home with their loved ones. New York was still a city that never sleeped, so some loners like him were out, and Taxi's still drove about. On weekend nights, the streets were noticeably more crowded. Tonight though, it was a weekday, fall evening. Fillies and colts slept in their beds awaiting another day of school, while mares and stallions slept awaiting for their jobs. Will slept, awaiting not much of anything, other then working on a few motorcycles in the day, and coming out at night. Other then this time being alone, he stayed with his beautiful girlfriend, who would be awaiting him. Like every night, she would be on the couch when the garage opened.

"I'll be home soon"

==========================================

This night was no different then most it made him more depressed then he already was. With the latest events he felt useless, and without a job, he felt worthless. Will turned into his driveway, which was just a really long road down to the rivers level. It was where his home was. The stallions bike quickly became silent, other then a few clicks, as he turned it off. The pegasus turned, taking one final look over the city, like every night. Will put in a code, that made the garage open up, letting the light inside leak out. The old warehouse didn't look like anyone was living in it, other then the dim light that came out its high windows. His sweet mare stood up, and he smiled as he saw Anna’s shadow.

"Where have you been?" she calmly asked.

"The same place I am every night"

The mare let out a sigh before replying, settling herself back down on the couch. In her condition, she was often exhausted. She would take naps a lot, and stay up all night.

"I-I worry about you Will..." her sweet voice whispered.

"Not as worried as I am about you... You shouldn't be worrying about me, you should be worrying about yourself and him." Will took his helmet off and rolled his shining bike into a reserved spot, far away from their house items, but near his other crap motorcycles he was trying to fix up.

"No Will, you go out every late night and ride that bike, usually after having a couple drinks. Your days don't have much in them. I'm also afraid you are getting depressed"

"Me? Depressed.... No- No way" he quickly replied.

"Ever since you left Delta you have been very quiet. You haven't even been that interested in the baby" Anna looked down at herself.

"Anna... of course I am interested in the baby. I love him very much... it is just a rough spot, I will get through it" Will awkwardly chuckled, while sitting on the couch beside her.

"Have you come up with a name yet?"

"It will come to me, I still have to think that through. I also have to think of a place for the little sport to sleep" turning left and right.” Will quickly looked around, trying to find a place where his unborn child could sleep. It would probably end with him sleeping in their small room. This is another reason he wanted to carry out "The Plan".

"It has been 8 months sweet heart, and we haven't done any of that?"

Will chuckled again as he covered his face. It was a little sad that he hadn't been paying attention to his son. That, and when he was going to propose to the mare beside him. Her stomach was round, showing that she was obviously pregnant. The extra weight looked odd on her small frame.

"I am going to be honest Anna, but I have just had a lot of things on my mind. I have been planning something and I guess I do feel kind of... well depressed. I am sure I will be better when the time comes, but I just want to know how you are feeling." both of them stared out at the great view from the couch. Their eyes both drifted at the same time to hear the calm sound of the river, and look at the lights in the distance, Anna put her head against him.

"I am fine, I have been craving, and eating a lot, but that is usual. I just hope you are okay. You aren't getting in any trouble with this 'thing' you are planning right?" She sighed, breathing out.

"No-"

"Will... Tell me the truth," Anna immediately cut him off. Being a extremely intelligent mare it wasn't uncommon for her to figure out he was lying before he even finished the sentence. The plan was important, and it wasn't going to be ruined. He had to lie to her, but it was to help her.

"Of course not Annabelle" Will said, as stern as possible. He used her full name, and that always seemed to cheer her up.

"Oh... you silly stallion. You know I don't like it when you use that name William." Anna smiled.

"Back at you" Will giggled, he came in and kissed her. He gently put his hand around her golden mane, and hugged her tightly. The mares body was cold, and her coat was not as nice of a sheen or as smooth as it used to be. It was all things that the pregnancy had seemed to have been doing to her. It was really Will's fault, and he would get the heat later for doing this to her. "You know I have stages."

"Well... This one is a little different. Just think about the little pegasus you get to teach to fly, and play sports... and even ride a motorcycle someday. That will make you happy when you're down."

"Woah, totally forgot about that. You think the little guy will be into bikes? I'm surprised you aren't nervous about me teaching him how to ride" Will snuggled up against her, putting his back hooves up on the couch and looking out at the skyline.

"Anything that will make you two bond. He already is a boy, and a pegasus, it looks like he is turning out to be a lot like you already" Anna breathed in and out slowly, Will put his head up to her chest, and heard her lung fill and release, and a calm heart beat. Everything about her was calm, and laid back. Will loved her more then anything, and was upset that he hadn't had the time to think about a proposal or his son.

"We will bond. Do you think I will ignore the kid?"

"Of coarse not... I just want you two to be close. I will be mom, and I am sure the little colt will learn quickly that dad is all fun, but mom is really the one who takes care of his little flank"

Will picked himself up. His phone vibrated in a pocket he had under his wing. Anna didn't seem to notice, but he got up quickly. This was the text, from his fellow rider, his partner. Speaking of the plan, and what he was preparing to execute it. Will felt bad for having to leave his wife, but he quickly came up with a reason to get her out of the way for the time being. Although the plan was bad, it wouldn't effect Anna, only help her.

"How about you head into bed, baby. You are really cold, and I don't want you to get sick"

"I was waiting for you... The same as every night. I just better see you come in soon, the bed stays cold when we aren't in it together" Anna replied, slowly getting up as he helped her.

"I will be there..." Will replied.

Anna trotted into the room and the door shut. Will sat and watched it latch, so he could be alone. He quickly started the procedure, shutting the garage door, and making sure he was in a part of the warehouse where he wouldn't be seen if Anna unexpectedly came out. Will walked over to the bikes in the garage. His collection consisted of two beaten BMW's and a Harley, that were all just fix ups to keep him busy. He trotted over to his Ducati a couple feet away from the other 3 motorcycles leaned up against each other. The pegasus sighed as he pulled out his phone.

Do you still have that weapon? It may be a good idea to have some form of protection The text lit up on the blue screen of his flip phone. The contact read "Wick". He quickly clicked in with his hooves a reply.

"Yeah, it is on my bike. I am probably not going to use it, but I will make sure I have a couple of rounds" Will let out a deep breath. The thought that he could possibly shoot someone was horrible. Will quietly went over to his Ducati, that clicked every few seconds from being recently run. Gently putting his hoof over a side bag, he opened the lock on it and looked inside. Pulling out a fair sized, black box, and putting it on a table beside him.

A light above him flickered on as Will flipped a switch. The light hummed to life as he opened the buckles on the side of the box. The case opened and inside was a 10mm SMG with two magazines and a box of bullets. Will pulled the weapon out of its box and put it on the other side of the table. He then began slowly slipping a few bullets in each magazine.