• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 8,752 Views, 230 Comments

Fallen Equestria; Shattered Silence - Endless Nightmares



War breaks out, Celestia and Luna are pushed to the edge..and finally use one final solution.

  • ...
39
 230
 8,752

The Blessed Warbird

Chapter 2: The Blessed Warbird

"I am Lt. Commander Masters. Take me to your commanding officer or release me and my aircraft at once." Talon said coldly to the dark blue alicorn. He stood fast peering at her unflinching, as a Navy officer should.

"We hath no commanding officers, creature. For we are the princesses of Equestria. I am Princess Luna, regent of the moon and stars, Goddess of the Night." She then motions to Celestia. "My sister is Princess Celestia. Regent of the Sun, Goddess of the Daylight for all of Equestria. We are the rulers of our great world." She beams with pride at the human, puffing out her barrel some to appear proud in her stance. "Thou may direct any questions to us."

"Very well. Again, I am Lt. Commander Masters, of the United States Navy. I am the squadron leader of VF-114, U.S.S. Enterprise." He says firmly. "I need to return back to my ship. If you release me, I can give you my word of honor as a naval officer I will not mention this in any of my reports. I am on an assigned mission as a direct order from the president. I must get going."

He maintains his fixed gaze on the dark blue alicorn. 'What I need to do is fly the hell out of here away from these freaks! I just hope I can get the gear down and enough room to take off again to leave...from wherever here is.' Talon thinks to himself.

"I'm afraid that will not be possible for the moment it would seem, Mr. Masters. For you see, you are no longer on your world. Nor can we simply allow you to leave in your...contraption. I do not know if it is even capable of flight at this time." Princess Celestia chimes in calmly. She releases her magical grip from the pilot, then steps forward toward him. "It is late, we can provide you a place to rest for now, so you can repair your machine and we can help you return home. However, if you do not come willingly...there are other...options.."

"Other options?" Talon turns his gaze to the tall white alicorn, and raises an eyebrow. "With all due respect ma'am, I don't even know where 'here' is. My aircraft was caught in a freak storm, and next thing I knew I was pulled here after lightning struck my wing. Now my bird is sitting on your lawn with its gear up and belly first. Unless you have a crane and a hangar, I can't make repairs. Your sister here set it down on its belly." He motioned to his aircraft. "I'll need a crane to lift it up so I can set it back on its wheels again, as well as access to a runway so I can take off. Whichever one of you made that storm, simply make it again and I'll be on my way back to my planet.."

Celestia sighed and looked at the large machine, then alights her horn with magic. In moments the aircraft is engulfed in a golden aura, and lifted a few inches off of the grass. While she does this, the pilot is awestruck and stumbles backwards with surprise, falling on his backside. "H-How are you doing that?! What is the meaning of this?!" He shouts with evident surprise.

This only makes the three alicorns roll their eyes with annoyance. "Please lower your landing gear then, so we can set your machine down properly and safely." Celestia says sweetly, motioning with a hoof for the pilot to do so.

Talon climbs to his feet again and adjusts his flight suit, then walks back to his aircraft and climbs up the side steps on the fuselage to reach the cockpit. He reaches in and powers on the computer again, then turns to Celestia. "I need it higher ma'am. Above your head should be enough!" He calls out to her.

Celestia lifts the aircraft higher well above the tip of her horn, then he flips the switches for the gear. Doors open on the sides and the nose section as the landing gear lowers, locking loudly into place with a click. The pilot nods to Celestia. "Alight, set her down really gentle now!" He shakes his head in amazement. 'Just go with it man..you're in a hostile area, your bird is damaged and these horses somehow know voodoo. If they can lift million pound aircraft like its not even there...then it would be a really bad idea to piss them off...'

"Glad you seen things our way." Twilight says, the giddiness in her voice evident. She canters up to the aircraft." And we can talk for a bit, you could tell us all about you and your kind! yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!" Twilight Sparkle begins bounding in her spot, excited at the prospect of learning and possible experimentation on the strange and wondrous machine. This made the pilot clearly uneasy, as everypony but Twilight notices. "Oh Celestia this is wonderful! And we can even stay up all night and study each others cultures!"

Luna clears her throat, annoyed by the display. "That is quite enough Twilight Sparkle. For now let us retire, and bring this contraption into the castle where it can be safe guarded for now. Guards! Clear the main ball room and open the doors to their fullest, we shalt allow this machine to rest in there!" Princess Luna grasps the aircraft and the pilot in her magic, levitating them both while cantering to the back of the palace gardens, leaving Celestia and Twilight in the front area alone.

Talon protests to being flown around like the alicorns personal kite like this, but can do very little about it. Meanwhile the gaggle of Lunar Stallions race ahead of the princess, following her orders as quickly as their hooves would allow. Within several minutes, the ballroom is completely clear and open for the aircraft. Luna sizes up the doors and looks back to the aircraft, seeing one major problem; the wings are too wide to clear the doors. "Human creature, praytell; doth your contraption have a way to fit through yonder doors? Or shall we find a larger structure for thee?"

Talon now hanging upside down and floating in the dark alicorns magic simply folds his arms and scowls at his captor. "If you would give me a moment, I could retract the canards for storage. The vertical stabilizers also fold into themselves." He sneers at her, annoyed by his current predicament.

"Oh...very well then." Luna dismissively waves her left forehoof and drops him, unceremoniously to the ground. The pilot falls quickly and lands on his back. She snickers behind her hoof, an ill attempt to hide her joy at seeing the abrasive humans mild torment.

Talon grumbles under his breath, rises to his feet and sweeps himself off with his hands, eyeing the alicorn warily. He climbs back into the cockpit of the aircraft and starts the ignition sequence up. The engines begin to hum to life with a low pitch 'Whirrrrrrrrrm' with a very high pitch whistle. He continues his work for a moment, folding in the wings and the vertical stabilizers while he checks main systems. Monitors and gauges come on and activate, as the computer checks the aircrafts components and equipment. 'Better check what weapons I was equipped with before I took off...lets see now..'

Luna watches in wonder as the massive machine before her seems to come to life and transform before her eyes. The sound of the engine puts her off somewhat, but piques her curiosity about it that much more. She leaps into the air and flaps her wings, bringing herself into a hover next to the canopy of the warbird, peering in and smiling at the sight before her. She sees lots of colored dials, lights and strange mirror like boxes with pictures.

The space is small, but loaded with various levers, switches, buttons and panels. Truly this is a marvel to behold! The alicorn smiles widely, watching the strange creature work the controls of this wondrous contraption. She hears a loud CLACK! sound behind her and cranes her neck, noting the wings have folded in close to the nose now, and the two pointy stubby wings on its back are folding down as well. She turns her gaze back to the pilot and the strange pictures on the box, wondering what it is that he is so interested in.

...'lets see now...four Sidewinders, two throat rippers, two sparrows, one blue ferret, one truncation implosion bomb and one nuke...add In eight hundred .50 caliber sable rounds. The ammo team on ship sure knew how to party.' He thinks to himself, not noticing the alicorn hovering slightly above his left shoulder, peering at his monitor. He changes screens and looks up at the doors, then back to his screen, judging the height of the massive and high doors versus the height of the now storage ready aircraft. After the vertical stabilizers fold down he closes the canopy and throttles up the engines to 40% power.

The aircraft wheels forward slowly, nose first into the massive indoor ballroom. He cringes as the top of the canopy, now the highest point on the aircraft scrapes softly against the top of the massive doorway. It takes a full minute before the aircraft clears the doors then rolls into the room. Pitching the flight stick hard to the right, he swings the nose of the bird around inside the room slowly, turning it around to once again face the out doors. From tip to tail the aircraft takes up roughly half of the room. When he notices the alicorns horn glowing again, he holds up his hands where she can see them and speaks. "I'm going to shut down the engines now! Please do not do anything."

Luna eyes the craft carefully and returns to the ground, keeping her distance from the noisy machine. The poor guards all around the room are covering their ears the best they can, as the engines noise is too loud for them and causing extreme pain. One of the stallions is standing a bit too close to the tail of the aircraft, some of his mane and tail begin to smoke and burn away from the engines exhaust. With a yelp and a jump he leaps back, clutching a spear and trying to threaten the warbird with it. "Evil wicked banshee! Its breath is as hot as Tatarus!!"

Talon shuts down the engines finally satisfied on its position. His hand still on the flight stick and noting the alicorns position to the nose, he considers for a moment pulling the trigger and firing the forward guns. The alicorn fixes her gaze on him however, noticing that he's looking right at her through the glass. He sees her horn light again, and removes his hand from the flight stick. "There, she's parked. Now what do you want, horse?" The pilot furrows his brow, showing he's obviously annoyed with his predicament.

Luna simply smiles at him sincerely, then lifts her forehoof and points at the aircraft. "Come out now, creature. We only wish to converse with thee, and ask some simple questions. Thou shalt not be harmed, Thy has mine oath as a princess as such." She peers at her Lunar Stallions behind the aircraft, who get the hint to back away to the doors rather than to crowd the alien and his craft. This is a show of good faith on her behalf, to coax the human from it.

Talon weighs his options, glancing about the room. On one hand, he has a full automatic sub machine gun with four clips in the cockpit. He figures if he takes out the princess first, he might be able to wipe out a number of guards and possibly get his aircraft out and in the air again, provided he can find a long enough stretch in the gardens to take off. On the other hand, if he attacks he may fail, be killed and then these space horses will have access to Earths technology and a nuclear weapon. God knows they could use that as a reason to find Earth and declare war. 'Bad idea...wish they would have gone over first contact scenarios in basic training..' He thinks to himself.

On the other hand, he could simply grab his satchel he carries with him on every mission, and simply step out from his aircraft. Look for another chance to escape after he's earned their trust. Then scramble his first chance and blow this place sky high after he finds a way home. He moves his hand away from the gun and grabs his satchel, tucking away another military issue .9mm hand gun and two clips in it, then opens the canopy and starts to climb out. Once out, he presses the controls on the side panel of the aircraft and closes the canopy again, to prevent the alien horses from entering the warbird.

"Splendid!" Princess Luna says with a smile and happy tone of voice, then sits on her haunches while waiting for the alien to come closer. "Creature, perhaps we could speakest for a while. We would like to know more about err...hoo mans..as this is our first meeting with one such as thee." She tilts her head to the side and motions for him to come closer with her hoof.

"Humans." He corrected her. "Furthermore, I have a name, space horse. You can call me Talon." He speaks gruffly, then approaches her. He opens the side flap to his satchel, which instantly attracts unwanted attention from the guards. Before he could blink, he's tackled down to the ground by three Lunar Stallions, pinned with one sitting on his chest. The other two bare their sharp fangs at him and threaten him with spears. Talon struggles to push the guards off of him.

Luna gasps in horror as the guards tackle the alien, opening her wings quickly in protest. "Release him at once! Do not harm him!" She rushes to the gaggle of guards upon the poor human, pushing the one off of his chest. "Forgive them, for they are merely protecting their princess. They meant no harm to thee!"

Talon coughs and holds his ribs, after feeling a massive armored horses ass resting on it. He rolls to his side and gasps for air, coughing and wheezing for a moment. After this continues for a good minute, he catches his breath and sits up, glaring at the guard that was sitting on him. "I WAS REACHING FOR A SMOKE YOU RETARDED BAT THING!"

He flips off the guard, then reaches back into his now crushed bag, then retrieves a mostly flattened pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He holds it up and shows the stallion, glaring at him the whole time. Opening the box and bringing a now bent and somewhat flattened cigarette to his lips, he lights it and offers one to the princess. "Here." He coughs and hacks. "Take--" Cough cough "--Take one!" He clears his throat and takes a pull off of the cigarette, continuing to hold the pack out to the princess from his seated position.

The princess sniffs the package, then looks at the alien and his burning, foul smelling tube. "Praytell...what...what is this? Doth though eat it?" She examines it closely, curious things these humans are! They have massive machinery, and seem to enjoy fire sticks in their mouths! What a strange thing this is!

"It's a peace offering. I take it you don't have these on your planet. You smoke it, like this." He takes another puff, then in hails deep, exhaling the smoke into the air above him. He sets down the pack on the ground, then looks back up at the blue alicorn towering over him. "You could sit down, space horse. You wanted to talk, so lets talk."

Luna watches him retract the box and set it on the floor, then nods and comes to rest on her belly, now seeing eye to eye with the human before her. "We would likest if thou calls us Luna. Not space horse, Talon." She smiles at him and watches in wonder as he continues breathing on the fire stick. The smoke causes her to cough a little, as the offending odor from it is not something she is accustomed to.

"A peace offering sounds wondrous and delightful. May I perhaps try the one thou is 'smoking' before we wasteth your supply?" She calmly asks, somewhat hopeful that she doesn't have to endure much more of it. The strange smell and taste on the air is something she doesn't seem to like, but will bare with it for the sake of establishing friendly relations with the newfound creature of fiction. She flutters her wings slightly and folds them loosely at her sides, relaxing a bit and gazing at the slowly smoking tube in the pilots mouth.

He shrugs and pulls the cigarette from his lips, then flips it in his fingers and reaches out to Lunas mouth. "Take it, put your lips on the tan part there and suck lightly. Then breathe through your mouth to in hail it. Breath out to exhale the smoke and vapor." He offers.

Princess Luna does so, as she is trying to be friendly with the newcomer. She chomps lightly with her lips and closes them close to his fingers, then follows his instructions and suckles at the filter. The taste is something she can't honestly say she likes or dislikes at the moment, but is willing to learn to like it if need be. She then releases the tube from her lips and in hails through her mouth as suggested. Surprise; it burns her throat. Her eyes go wide and she coughs, exhaling the smoke in a coughing fit. She wasn't expecting this at all! She continues coughing for a few moments, while hearing the pilot chuckle.

"heh heh...it Takes some getting used to." He laughs lightly then takes another puff again, flicking the ashes into the palm of his free hand and offers the cigarette to her again. Luna eyes the cigarette warily, but complies and takes another puff. This time she only slightly coughs, the effect much less severe the second time. This brings a smile to his face as he takes another pull from the nearly depleted cigarette. "This is what some of my people do where I'm from, after we return from a mission or we get together. It's a form of relaxation. "

She smacks her lips and opens her mouth slightly. The taste is not what she expected, and seems confused as to weather or not she enjoys it. Her head feels slightly light and her vision somewhat altered, but no noticeable ill effects from it. She looks at the pilot in the eyes and smiles. "You humans have some strange customs. But we believe we can learn them quickly. Relaxation sounds...fun!"

The cigarette finally goes out after it reaches the filter, he puts the ashes and the cigarette butt on the top of the box next to him. "Well I look forward to learning some of yours." He says genuinely. "Do all of your kind look like you? I mean are they all as big as you with wings and a horn." He motions with his hand at her wings.

"Neigh, I am an alicorn. Only a few exist, my sister and I the original ones. The smaller purple mare you seen earlier was my sisters student and special somepony. She is the youngest alicorn known to exist. Some have just wings, they art pegasi. Some pony's have just horns, we calleth them unicorns. The ones with neither art called earthen pony's." she supply's an answer. "There are four types all together; though we hath recently found a new species of foul bug creatures that looketh like us, called changelings. Horrid creatures they are, parasites the whole race."

"Changelings...Unicorns..Pegasi? We have those creatures in our myths and legends on Earth. But those are just in story books and folk tales. Earth pony's though...they sound much like horses we have back home. No wings or horns. Most are kept as pets or as help around farms. We also have them as friends and companions." He smiles to her. "I myself grew up on a farm as a child, I had my own horse. She was a very good, very proud mare. About your size too if I remember correctly."

"She sounds grand. What was your ponies name, Talon?" Luna asks politely, curious at this point. "And where is she now, may we inquire?"

Talon looks away for a moment, eyeing the guards peering at him with a stoic look on their faces, then back to Luna. "I called her Tina. Miss Feisty Tina. And she's with my younger sister now. I couldn't exactly take her with me when I joined the Navy after all. Aircraft carriers aren't places where pets are allowed. Military protocols and all." He says quietly. In all honesty he did miss the horse, and wasn't sure how it was doing in its old age. He's about to speak again when the blue alicorn interrupts.

"And to you, do all of your people look like you? Doth everypony also have these contraptions that thou arrived in?" She motions to the aircraft with her hoof, accidentally tapping Talons leg lightly. She blushes slightly, the color hidden somewhat under her dark coat. Talon doesn't seem to notice, or if he has he makes no mention of it.

"Negative ma'am. I am one of a very few of my people that fly in this particular type of aircraft. Not many humans can fly any of these machines, let alone the special warbird I arrived in." As if on cue at finishing his sentence, Lunas eyes narrow at him, a stern look in her features.

'Warbird, as in the word War. This craft is meant for battle...' Luna whispers under her breath. "Talon...what was thou mission that thy was in flight for? Why doth thou calleth this machine a bird of war?" She asked incredulously.

Talon struggles with words and adjusts his position uncomfortably. "Uhm..that's classified ma'am. I was flying a mission requested by my nations leader. I had to uhm...escort Something..Something very important. My wingman and several others in my squadron had several of these packages to deliver to certain places." He coughs lightly and adverts his eyes. "Uhm...Warbird is just a classification of the type of aircraft. Some are meant specifically for transporting, some are fighters, and some and just passenger aircraft. I am a fighter pilot...a Warrior of my people, much like your guards there." He adds quickly.

Luna eyes him, unsure if she believes him completely by the way he avoided and gave an elusive answer, but accepted his explanation anyway. She would simply have to examine the machine herself at a later time. The two continue talking about various subjects for an hour longer, ranging from weather to information about city's and their respective occupants. The conversation however is brought to a halt, when Lunas stomach grumbles loudly. She takes pause and giggles softly and blushes at her body's betrayal, returning her gaze to the pilot. "It would seem as though it is time for me to eat...would You like something as well, Talon?"

Seeing yet another opportunity, Talon reaches for his satchel once again. The guards notice this (again.) and begin approaching. "I'm just grabbing a snack.." He reaches in slowly, his gaze still on the lead guard. Seconds later he retrieves a small paper sack and dumps the contents on top of his bag, revealing several chocolate bars, a small bag of sunflower kernels and various nuts/ fruit bits. He looks at the small pile and grabs a chocolate bar, opening the wrapper and breaks off a large piece, holding his hand out to the alicorn with his palm up and wide open. "Here..try this. You may enjoy it."

Luna eyes the mysterious sweet smelling confection in his hand. The scent dances in her nostrils and she licks her lips. That scent she does know well; chocolate. It's not every day one gets to experience the sweet confection of her guilty pleasure, much less from another world, and readily lowers her head and eats the piece right out of his hand. She nips at the piece with her lips gently, then gobbles the piece down slowly; enjoying every second of its sinfully delicious taste. She moans softly in ecstasy as the taste fills her mouth, replacing the interesting taste from earlier. Eagerly she licks her lips again and nuzzles his hand, licking the palm of it to get the small melted particles off of his skin. The guards watch in amazement and confusion, coming closer slowly to see what the princess is enjoying so much.

"Oh you like that huh?" Talon smiles slyly, then breaks off another piece and holds it out to her again, where it is readily and quickly devoured by the content and very happy alicorn. He gets the idea he may be able to appease the guards, and breaks off another piece and offers it to the closest guard. The Lunar Stallion sniffs at the piece and swallows hard, looking to his princess for permission. Once she nods in approval, he nibbles at the piece slowly, giving much the same reaction that princess Luna gave. It's not long before the other guards also want a turn, and Talon opens two more chocolate bars to give to them.

The stallions are now very content and smiling at him. Apparently this act of generosity was all it took to win them over! Talon grins inwardly at this. His attention turned back to the princess now, who has gotten up and has her muzzle in the paper bag, sniffing for more of the delicious confection. "I have more in the cockpit ma'am. If you give me a moment, I'll go and get the other bag I have."

The princess blushes, her muzzle stuck with the paper bag on it and her hoof caught in the proverbial cookie jar. She has a look of endearing innocence on her features, as she paws gently at the paper sack on her nose, but secretly enjoys the scent left behind by the chocolate. She flops back down and lays on her belly again before the pilot. "Neigh, 'twill not be necessary." She alights her horn and focuses hard on the remaining chocolate bar, casting a replication spell. One flash of light and some magic shimmer later, a pile upto the pilots waist from his sitting position appears. There's at least fifty more chocolate bars now. She finally removes the paper sack and licks her lips again, then nuzzles the pilots hand with genuine affection.

He sits amazed and bewildered by the spectacle, seeing a pile of chocolate bars magically appear from thin air. "You can duplicate items?!" He asks in awe, blinking and rubbing his eyes, still not quite believing what he just witnessed occur right in front of him. He turns his attention to the alicorn nuzzling his hand and very slowly brings up his other hand. He sets it gently on her head, waiting for a response. When she continues with her affectionate display and shows no ill tempered signs, he strokes her head and behind her left ear gently, running his fingers through her wispy ethereal mane. This earns him a very low but friendly whinny by the princess, as he continues.

"Yes.." She closes her eyes and enjoys the contact, surprised at herself for how complacent she is being with the alien. "Simple objects and small things like...ohhhhhh right there.." she says as he hits the spot right behind her ear, making it twitch slightly. "Objects like food, water, drinks and tools.." She stops nuzzling him and rests her head on his leg, enjoying the contact. The Lunar Stallions have never seen their princess so relaxed and happy before! They are starting to really like these human things! They all look to each other and nod furiously in approval, then turn their attention back to the human.

Lunas eyes remain closed as she murmurs and moans softly, breathing deep and thoroughly enjoying the contact. She takes in his scent into her nostrils, wanting to fill her lungs deep with the enjoyable wonderful smell she captured. It's a mix of something very sweet, some part of the fuel and exhaust from the mysterious craft, and chocolate. As far as the almighty Faust is concerned, she's clearly in alicorn heaven at this very moment. Her back right leg twitches gently as she nuzzles deeper into her newfound pillow.

Talon is taken aback by his new lap warmer, this clearly being a better reaction than he was expecting. He continues to stroke the alicorns head and neck, carefully tracing the muscle tone with his fingers and caressing the softness of her fur. He gazes at her horn now more than close enough to examine, and notes it's very similar to what he always pictured from story books. He can see it has spirals and protrudes from her head as if attached to her skull itself, and traces its base with his free hands fingertips.

This only earns a somewhat stronger twitch from the alicorns leg, and he stops for a moment. She didn't seem to mind, so he starts again. The texture is somewhat rough, yet smooth. As if the horn was crafted out of the same braided wire that runs throughout his aircraft. He also feels the texture difference of where the horn ends and the fur begins again. For first contact, this is going much smoother than he was ever hoping for.

The two beings sit in silence for a while longer like this, enjoying each others company and getting to know one another on a more intimate level. Though Talon treated the situation like he would with his old horse back on earth, Luna was looking at this from a much different angle. These humans in her opinion now are no longer the creatures fabled of being violent, manovelent wicked beings of lore, but gentle, warm kind protectors, that seem to know just how to treat a mare. She sighs happily and content, lazily opening her eyes again and eyeing more of the delicious chocolate. She slowly raises her head again and smiles genuinely happy to him, half lidded and content she sighs and speaks softly.

"Could we trouble thee to open more of thy confections, so we can share the wondrous bounty with my stallions?" She speaks slowly, her voice thick with content and joy. She is very clearly lost in the moment, resting very close to the human and his wondrous machine.

Talon nods silently and begins opening more and more of the candy, packing the empty wrappers back into the paper sack to dispose of later, and hands each Lunar Stallion a full chocolate bar, which they take into their mouths and greedily devour, content and happy. This repeats several times until each one has had their fill, leaving ten remaining chocolate bars in the pile. He opens two more and serves the princess portions at a time, her continuing to take them directly from his open hand as before.

Acceptance. Of all the things the princess of the night ever wanted, she was getting it right that very moment. Pure, unconditional acceptance. Nothing about her past, her banishment, her angst or pain was even a factor here. In the presence of this alien and his mysterious aircraft looming over their heads, she was relishing in all of it. Luna happily sighed and enjoyed this moment of peace, almost completely forgetting everything else around her. It was this night she truthfully in her eyes, made a new honest to Faust friend. "My dear Talon, we believe this could be the start of a beautiful and wonderful relationship." She says contently, her voice even more so thick with happiness and glee.

Talon smiles at this and stretches out a bit, then leans back against the landing gear of the nose. He yawns, and takes a moment to look at his wrist watch. 'I'll bet by now Wizard is well on his way back to the boat after dropping off that 'gift'' to those bastards...that lucky son of a bitch. I wonder if they've sent out a search party if they got my communication before I got yanked here...' He thinks to himself. He shakes his head and sighs. "Man...If I ever do make it home...I'll bet no one would even believe me about any of this."

Hearing this makes the dark alicorn pause, her mood somewhat damper by his words. She wasn't wanting him to want to leave so soon! She shifts her weight a bit in place, then buries her head back into his lap while thinking of an excuse. "We are sure that they wilst believe thou...for You seem to be a virtuous and friendly human. We will...help the...make it home if we can.." She murmurs, her eyes closed again. She takes a deeper breath and breathes out slowly, getting comfortable. 'When I retire to mine chambers...that book with yonder portal spell wilst find its fate in mine fireplace! I wish him to stay here..' She thinks to herself, unwilling to let her newfound friend to up and leave so quickly. Or ever...if she has a choice in it.

That tome in her study is the only one in all of equestria with that one portal spell, that she herself created in the days prior to becoming Nightmare Moon. With a quick visit to any fireplace, that spell would vanish from existence, this thought made her happy, if not feeling a little bit greedy and selfish. She is a princess, after all she thought, and since Tia has whatever Tia wants...why Can't Luna have her cake and eat it too? Yes...it Would be all so simple to make the aliens life cushy and easy here, she could learn more and more about him, and maybe even learn more about his great machine! Oh how it looked so interesting and maybe even fun! She smiled at this concept and even began to consider wanting to learn what its like to fly in it..

From her balcony, Celestia watches all of this unfold through the view of her telescope. She yawns wearily, being well beyond her bed time. She looks back at Twilight, who lay asleep on the large bed in the alicorn goddesses chambers, a bit of drool coming from her mouth while she cradles a book between her hooves. Celestia turns her attention back to the scene below in the ball room, alicorn mischief dancing in her eyes. She can't recall having ever in her lifetime ever seeing her sister so content and happy, nor close to anypony before. This is a first for Celestia, and brings a very final thought to her mind. This human must be swiftly investigated thoroughly, and if he is indeed as good as Luna seems to believe..He absolutely must stay.

Even if it is wrong to hold him, and against every teaching she has ever given...the happiness of her younger sisters heart must now come first. She made the mistake before of ignoring it..And ended up with a one thousand year nightmare. Yes...this time she would do things the right way; not as a ruler of a nation, but as a sister to a sister. But one thought kept finding its way back to the front of her mind, constantly nagging at her thoughts.

The pilot is hiding something...and that something has to do with that massive black flying machine. Something is within its bowels, and she needs to find whatever it is and remove it soon. It feels...dangerous. She hears laughter upon the wind and looks down through her telescope again, seeing her sister lay on her back with her legs in the air and her head still in the aliens lap, experiencing a full real belly laugh as if the pilot or somepony had just told a very funny joke. This makes Celestia smile, as she turns and canters her way back to her bed for the evening.



* * * * *




"Lulu.....Wake up dear sister.." Celestia nudges gently with her muzzle against Lunas sleeping form. The smoke from some of the still smoldering debris and the smell of the leaked fuel from the wrecked aircraft stinging her eyes and her nose. She nudges a little harder at Lunas side.

Princess Luna awakens with a start, it's mid day. She is still laying by the fuselage of the downed and broken aircraft, tears streaming from her beautiful jade eyes. In her sleep, she was whimpering and crying, catching the attention of the palace solar guard; thus being reported to princess Celestia.

She blearily opens her eyes and looks at her sister, before breaking down into a blubbering mess and wrapping her hooves around her sisters graceful long neck. She buries her muzzle into Celestias coat and sobs, her cries loud and sorrowful.

Celestia falls to her haunches and strokes her sister gently, cooing softly and whispering. "It's ok lulu...it's Going to be ok..." Tears also well up in Celestias eyes, the sadness of the day also falling unto her pained heart. She tries to steel her resolve, but only whimpers aswell, holding and hugging Luna tightly. "Don't worry dear sister of mine...we will find a way to fix this...we will find a way to bring him back to you. To our kingdom..."

Their cries of sorrow fill the air, as the tears of mourning fall to the ground and twisted metal below their hooves from the wreckage. All around them, Solar and Lunar guards ponies, palace servants and workers alike begin to weep as well. One of the Lunar Stallions looks mournfully behind him at the once ballroom, feeling as empty as the former aircrafts hangar now is. Seeing that no longer will the tool boxes ever be touched...no longer will the moonlight fuel be poured. No longer would they hear the once beloved sound of the banshees cry overhead. This was truly the saddest day in Equestria history indeed.

Author's Note:

Rate and Review please!