• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 8,722 Views, 230 Comments

Fallen Equestria; Shattered Silence - Endless Nightmares



War breaks out, Celestia and Luna are pushed to the edge..and finally use one final solution.

  • ...
39
 230
 8,722

*BONUS!* Music is Magic

Music is Magic; The Soundtrack of Shattered Silence (Here ya go Midnight!)

The Arrival:
(Opening: Three Days Grace- World So Cold)
(The Flight Deck: Linkin Park- New Divide)
(Caught By The Dream Mare: Evenesance- Imaginary)
The Blessed Warbird
(The Ballroom; A Place To Spread my Wings: Sting- Desert Rose)

Lessons for a princess, Part One
(Teaching The Alicorn; The Hidden Truth: Skrillex- Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites )
(Taking To Wing: Stephanie Maxxison- Blue Skies Ace Combat 04 Soundtrack)

Lessons for a princess, Part Two of Three.
(Emergency Landing: Halo Two Theme Electric Guitar )
(Moon Rise; Luna's Power Revealed: The Last Unicorn- Trance Version)
(The Confessions of an Alicorns heart: Lindsey Stirling- Crystallize)

Lessons for a princess; Part Three
(Attempting to Make Fuel/ The Couple Talks: Metallica- Nothing Else Matters )
(Embraced: Framing Hanley- Hear Me Now)
(Timberwolves: Trapt- Headstrong)

Shattered Silence
(No Regrets, I Love You: Nickleback- If Everyone Cared )
(Timberwolves: Sick Puppies- You're Going Down )
(Safety in The Sky: Lindsey Stirling- Elements )
(Dragons At Our Doors / Air Combat: AC/DC- Shoot To Thrill )
(Landing; A Heroes Welcome / Preening: Chad Kroger- Hero)

The Calm before the Storm , Part One of Two
(The Two Sisters Talk: Him- Sleepwalking Past Hope; Venus Doom Album 2007)
(The Hangar: Institute- Bullet Proof Skin)
(Luna's Chambers: Santana Fet. Chad Kroger- Into The Night)
The Calm Before the Storm; Sweet Lullaby
(The Warbirds New Engines; The Banshees Cry Encore: AC/DC Thunderstruck)
(Celestias Wake Up Call: All That Remains- Two Weeks)

Starlight Kisses and Lunar Wishes:
(Opening/ Dream Scene: Cayote Ugly- Can't Fight The Moonlight)
(Luna's Heart's Song: Kate Covington; You Are Not Alone FFIX Repraise)**
**(This IS Her Lullaby she sings)

First Blood; Enter the Nightmare
(Celestias First Flight: Gunz N' Roses- Welcome To The Jungle)
(First Blood; Luna Turns: Three Days Grace- Animal I Have Become)
(The Hospital: Ambient Spanish Guitar?)
(Chrysalis Vs. Talon: Sick Puppies- You're Going Down)



Intertwined Hearts Part One
(The Hangar: HIM- In The Night Side of Eden )
(Dragons In The Skies: Ace Combat 04; Shattered Skies Theme)
(Marriage?! : Super Mario Death/ Game Over Theme)



Intertwined Hearts II; Lunas Fears
(The Hangar: HIM- In The Night Side of Eden )
(Celestias Study: Top Gun Soundtrack- Destination Unknown )
(The Flight: Mighty Wings- Cheap Trick)
(Intertwining Souls: Berlin- Take My Breath Away)
(Nightmare Moon: HIM- The Kiss of Dawn)



Broken Wings:
(Darkness Upon Us/ The Chase: Sailor Moon Sountrack- She's Got The Power )
(Rise of the Nightmare: Avenged Sevenfold; Nightmare)
(Baltimare: Papa Roach- Kick In the Teeth )
(Crash Scene: Daughtry- Crashed)

Respite:
(Celestias Study; Goodbye, BlueBalls: Queen Of The Damned- Forsaken )
(Luna's Dream Walking: Tangerine Dream- Loved By the Sun)
(Dogfight In The Dreams of Alicorns: Nonpoint- Dangerous Waters)
(Rescued: KosMos Theme- Xenosaga Episode One)
(Respite: Kate Covington- You Are Not Alone )


Shadow of Intent:
(The Hangar: All That Remains- The Waiting One )
(Mealtime for the Alicorns: Black Eyed Peas- I Gotta Feeling )
(Interrogations of the Parasite: Hurt- Rapture )
(Throne Room Fight Scene- Who Is the Hunter? : Breaking Benjamin; Blow Me Away)
(Saving Rarity; The Dark Knight: Evenescance- Torniquate )
(Cornered In the Courtyard; Pinkies Fall: Ace Combat 04 Soundtrack; Requiem)

Fallen Equestria; The War:
(The Study; The devil upon our gates:Five Finger Death Punch- The Tragic Truth )
(The Armory: Korn- Narcissistic Cannibal)
(The War: Five Finger Death Punch- Back For More )
(Celestias Rage: Nickleback- This Means War )
(Orders to Strike: Five Finger Death Punch- Wicked Ways)

When Love and Death Embrace; Sweet Sacrifice:
(Funeral: Cyanide Sun- H.I.M. Venus Doom Album 2007)
(Dog Fight Scene: Ace Combat 04 soundtrack; Escort)
(Nuclear Detonation/ Discords Appearance: Dope- Die Mother Fucker Die )
(Crash Scene: Edi's Sacrifice- Stealth 2005 Soundtrack)
(The Demons Reveal: Atreyu- Become The Bull)
(Eternity; The Mother of Creation: Goddess Morrigahn's Theme- Mabinogi Nexon Inc.)

Epilouge:
(Airshow: Thirty Seconds To Mars- Echelon)

Comments ( 56 )

3875947 Alright, chap.

Just 'Wow'. I read a lot of Human/Solider in Equestria but I've never read one told in such detail. I'll admit, I thought the first chapter was a bit dull but the story really picked up. I enjoyed Talon and Luna's slow relationship growth and I look forward to reading the sequel.

late for the party.....
still gonna give this a chance.

4307654 you and russian danceing

4476184 look back at the wording a bit more closely. Its been over a month. Love at first sight does exist, but a month is plenty of time...if they're the one.

4476220
Saw the short line I missed, but still, from a narrative point of view, it remains rushed. Even if the story's timeline has a month gone by, the relationship for the characters, from the reader's standpoint, is still at the stages of friends. This is a good example of a timeskip that failed. You jumped over valuable character development time that would have solved the feeling of this romance being rushed.

4475907 you actually have a very good point there ,sorry about that.

This is a nice story... what I'm talking about? This is the best Luna x Human romance story I've ever read!!! The relationship built up a little fast for my taste, but that's a tiny fact. I also greatly appreciated the comedy parts of the story and also the dark parts, like the war.

But there's one big fact which makes me thinking "...WTF?!". And it's about the warplane in the story. It did not provided a ejection seat. BUT WHATEVER, Talon's temporary death made the story much sadder (I hope this is correct.).

You have also earned a new follower, a favourite and a thump up:pinkiehappy:

4602389 oh wow, thank you! Its not often a comment makes me blush, but yours did. Thank you for the compliment. Please feel free to check out the sequel, new beginnings. I hope it lives up to your standards like this one did, hehe

4672075 um...if you're referring to the scene I believe you are...there is a highly detailed one in a later chapter.

4708030 ya know. There were 21 others who made that exact statement and never bothered reading through. You might consider reading to the end. You just might be surprised.

4723313 oh thank you. I will make the correction soon. Beyond that, are you enjoying the story so far?

4723411
A few factual errors here or there but overall a good read. Made me go back and watch Stealth for the first time in a few years.

4743992 well thank you for taking the time to read it.

4794752 pfffft. Hahaha. It's really amazing how you say that. Haha. Heh, brings a tear to mah eyes. -.-; try reading. You'll be in for a surprise.

5033827 yeah. That first kiss can be a real emotional doozie. There will be a mini short released soon (likely next chapter of new beginnings) that has the events of the couple for that initial month. I will go into full details of the dancing around each other, and luna's fall into her loving our hero. So the rushed part will be filled in soon.

5111320
:rainbowhuh: Don't know why you're replying to me. Sounds like we agree that the author dropped the ball on this...

5111320 oh for heaven's sake... let's call it a modified version of the fictional aircraft. I liked the style, it fits the human and its neat. Can we please overlook the science for the sake of the story? Aaaaannnddd.... you DO know I'm a girl, right? :trollestia:

4918125
nm, I see that the main character and Luna don't get an unfair ending.

Reading this later.

Author, your avatar is adorable.

5600155 my brother is a Marine. Lol semper fi!

I haz so much unread chapters, I should read this story soon.

5601471 I'll probably post the update for New Beginnings tomorrow. I'm working out the final kinks for the airshow. Its hard to balance out between just enough info for someone to get the jist, and simply spending too much time describing turn for turn of the whole damned thing. (I really don't want to bore the readers of saying just what the pilots of 1st CD are doing for the opening act...)

5601489
I haven't read either yet, but I'm going to read this first of course...but then your other story has me curious of Nightmare Moon.

Hmm, maybe tonight, or in a few.

5601494 Nightie takes on a much bigger role in book 2, and will have the complete spotlight in book 3. In the first book (this one) She's more of a support role, and is mentioned vaguely until the broken wings arc. That's when she shows herself in her full glory and brings the rain. Book 2 she appears in the first chapter, and is a constant companion from then forward. Nightmare Moon is NOT the enemy in this series, but a very useful and helpful friend.

5601849 Q~Q I wish all my readers left a comment like you on each chapter. It makes writing these soooooooo much easier when we know what people think! Thank you so much!

5111555 I just saw it as a way of... Eh, continuing your comment. Sort of.

I don't know. :derpyderp1:

5601868
I don't usually comment on every chapter, so please don't feel disappointed if I don't.
Oh and I love it so far.

5111986 I'm actually surprised that I wrote that. I did fucking RESEARCH on aircraft machine guns in order to ensure that my comment was correct.

Wow. What am I doing with my life? :facehoof:

Also, apologies, M'lady. :trollestia:


4672149 ......

I'm honestly thinking about going through and deleting every comment I've written on this fic. Fucking Christ, I went OFF.

Again, apologies. :twilightsheepish:

5601892 It's no problem, I welcome criticism or critiques from anyone. It helps me improve my skill as an author, and allows me to deliver a better story to you, the readers. As far as your clop went though...that's...a bit further in the story. >///>; *ahem*

5602171 yeah, but there's constructive criticism and then there's THAT.....

5603037 Even negative comments like that can be helpful, if worded correctly. It sometimes just pisses off the author enough to write better chapters, to prevent those comments.

5603041 yeah, well I'm still gonna apologise for being a dick, because that shit was not constructive in any way.

Sorry :twilightsheepish:

5603079 Apology accepted. No need to beat yourself up over it, it's in the past. I know you kinda shook off the story, but I do encourage you to read it again, you may find things you missed, and a few surprises along the way. Please disregard the spelling errors, after I finish the next installment of book 2, I do intent to fish through this one and fix what I can. I always welcome whatever ideas you may have, so please feel free to comment and speak up.

5603090 I do very much intend to read it. What I did read before my immaturity made me stop was very well written (though your Australian could use some work.... :trollestia:).

So, yeah. I'm definitely going to be reading both of them :twilightsmile:

5603111 The guy I based the pilot off of is actually an Aussie who served in the USAF. I did try to ask him for how he would word it, but what he said would likely get the story banned on that one snippet alone. (He would make a sailor or a trucker blush with his lingo.)

5603132 yeah, I wrote a comment on what it would sound like if an Aussie had said it - I am one. We're quite fond of our swears :trollestia:

But we don't say barbie. At least, no one I know does, and I live in a rural town. I think we should all be ashamed of that Paul Hogan ad that was broadcasted in the states.

"I'll throw another shrimp on the barbie for ya."

:ajbemused:

They're called PRAWNS, mate. :facehoof:

5603794 The reaper got the day off.

5919597 ok yes now sit in my lap please?

6043954 They figured out how to make the engines able to burn the moonshine as fuel, used better metals that could withstand HIGHER temperatures, and completed two of them in a fraction of the time humans could. Would you like me to draw up the differences and also provide material lists, or will the words "pony magic, that's why" cover it?

6051910 this story is already written, completed and up for editing soon. If it helps, that term is not utilised in the 2nd or 3rd novels.

6056142 i have failed i surrender to you mah good sir.

[trollmode engaged/]

One of the best stories I've read so far. I also think that Chrysalis deserves her fate by being nuked, because she is ugly...
mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-2850339-8-queen_chrysalis_by_celebi_yoshi-d68zx30.png


And mainly, she is pure evil!
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5819yNeFR1rv89veo1_400.png

[trollmode deactivated]

I feel sad for Chrysalis... but your story is still 10/10.

6052389 Sweet holy changeling cheese! I just looked at the song list and you used some of my personal favourites!! :D

6224706 thank you very much for the review! I admit, I did rush a bit. I'm in process of the 2nd of the 3 books, the sequel is up and I hope to see your views on it. I will be expanding on some areas of book 1 eventually.

6276071 oh for the love of...:facehoof: the beginning is not how the story ends. Christ, read the comments. I couldn't have made a sequel, or even a 3rd book in this series if this is how it ends. ....why the hell do people always jump to conclusions? Its called deceptive telling. All there to interest the reader. Try actually reading before you downvote and cry? ...yeesh.

Login or register to comment