• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 231 Views, 11 Comments

The Adventures of Cheese - Magnus Vir



Cheese and her family run a cheese making shop. After an attack from a group of mysterious ponies, Cheese must leave home and seek out who they are and why they attacked her family.

  • ...
 11
 231

Chapter 2

The young filly continued her journey to the next town. It was much farther than she had thought. The sun was setting and the sky was orange from what she could see through the trees. Just then a pair of hooded ponies emerged from the forest onto the path.

“Little one isn’t it late for you to be out alone?” the first one asked.
“Why are you here? Are you lost?”

“I’m not lost, I’m looking for somepony.” Cheese replied.

“Then perhaps you wouldn’t mind joining us for dinner. Tonight is a special night. We have gained a new brother and are having a feast to celebrate.” said the second hooded pony.

“NO! Ah, no, I, ah err, need to be headed back to town.”

“I insist; I’m sure the others would enjoy a dinner guest.”

Cheese didn’t trust these hooded ponies and started to try and sprint away; hoping the next town wasn’t much farther.

At that the hoods revealed a horn on each and they grabbed her. The first said to the filly “there isn’t a need to flee. You look tired and could use a good meal.” With that the two hooded unicorns cared Cheese into the woods.

Cheese was paralyzed by the magic, she couldn’t move nor speak. She could only hover and watch as she was cared to whatever fate waited for her.
They entered a strange camp. It almost didn’t look like one at all. Trees had been twisted to form shelters. Eerie mist covered the ground. There was a strange green fire; the flames looked as if made of tentacles. Hooded figures started to emerge from under the trees and gather around the three ponies.

“Brothers, sisters, we have found a scared filly tonight. Let us invite her to par take in tonight’s merriments.” With that the unicorns set down Cheese and took off their hoods.

Cheese wished to flee the place but knew she was surrounded; then she noticed something strange about the two unicorns that had brought her here. Their manes were growing plants out of them. Vines and leaves sprouting like wild growth. “Who are you? What is this place?”

“We are pony druids; this is our home.” said the first. “I am Maple Sap and my friend here is Tree Drop.” He said pointing to the second. “What is your name little one?”

“Cheese Cake.”

“Well Ms Cake, it is nice to meet you, and sorry for scaring you earlier; we don’t see many ponies this far out in the woods.” Maple said. “You said you were looking for somepony. We know the forest well and might be able to aid you. It will have to wait until tomorrow though; it is far too late to wander the forests and we were planning a feast. Please, stay and enjoy yourself for the night. You may even take shelter in one of our huts.”

Cheese was still unsure of these new ponies, but once the food was brought out she forgot all about whatever fear she had and only had eyes for the feast in front of her. She and the druids sat by the strange fire, which turned out to be warm glowing vines, and ate many fresh picked fruits. After she was full Tree Drop lead her to a tree hut with two green beds of moss and a small flicker from a fire vine.

“You and I will be bunking together, Cake. And don’t worry…” Tree Drop could still tell Cheese was still afraid of what could happen. “There is a barrier around this camp; no monsters can get us while we sleep.” With that the mare and the filly both took a bed of moss and lay down for the night.

Cheese awoke to find she was alone in the hut. She could smell somepony was making breakfast outside. She went out to discover that Tree Drop was cooking pancakes with blueberries.

“Oh, good; you’re awake. Everypony else has gone to their work. I am to watch and help you today. Hopefully we can get you home safe and quick.”
“I… I can’t go home. The townsponies hate me.”

“Nonsense, why would they hate you?”

“I did something bad. I killed somepony.”

“K-k-killed somepony? You?”

“The mayor; she was a vampony and attacked me, but the townsponies wouldn’t believe me if told them.”

“Well, you shouldn’t be killing ponies; what happened?”

Cheese retells the full story to Tree Drop; not leaving out any detail. Tree Drop looks a little saddened and lost.

“Hmm, well, I see what you are up to. If you want to hunt vamponies though, you are going to need more than luck to hurt one. We druids know little of the magic you will need to learn, but I do know of a village with somepony that can teach you the art of light magic. It is a long journey ahead of us though full of many dangers. First, let’s see if you have any ability to use your magic.”

The druid put the filly through trivial magic tests; pick up a rock, some twigs, bigger rocks. Cheese was bored from these tests so she showed the druid she understood how to pick things up by lifting Tree Drop above the trees then setting her back down.

“Well, you have good enough spell control it seems. I will teach you a spell that will help you hide from those that wish harm upon you.” Tree Drop cast the spell; covering herself in a ball of fog. As the fog fell and mixed with the other fog on the ground the druid explained “Enemies will not see this fog or anypony you let into it.”

Tree Drop and Cheese practiced the spell until sun down. The rest of the druids returned from their work: some with food, others with plants, and a few caring small woodland animals; the animals and plants both taken to some of the larger huts; while some of the druids started to cook supper for the night.

“I need to talk to some of the other druids; we will need supplies for the path ahead.” Tree Drop said as she wandered off to one of the huts.
Cheese went to find some supper. Supper that night consisted of a soup with tomatoes, potatoes, corn, and bits of other veggies; much more plain then the feast the night before. The filly took her bowl and sat by the fire vine pit. She drank it and listened to the stories the druids told each other; none of them really seemed to notice Cheese watching them.

Tree Drop sat down beside the filly; also with a bowl of soup. “The supplies are in order; we leave tomorrow morning. Are you ready, Cake?”

“Yes, of course!” Cheese had no idea what she had gotten herself into, but no way she could turn back now.

“Good, but first a little filly will need to be well rested for a journey of this length.”

After supper the two ponies went back to the hut they had slept in the night before. Tree Drop saw Cheese to bed then left the hut exclaiming something about needed to attend to some business before she could go to sleep.
Cheese was excited and nervous what was to come and couldn’t fall asleep at first. Finally her mind calmed and her eyes grew heavy as she drifted off into a deep slumber. She didn’t even stir when Tree Drop came in and lay in the bed next to her.

Comments ( 2 )

Cheese is nervouscited! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy: Love the story so far btw! :twilightsmile:

3108777 glad someone likes it, I was alittle afraid no one would, being the first thing i've ever written.

Login or register to comment