• Published 17th Aug 2013
  • 7,839 Views, 237 Comments

The Jolly Rogers - lockheed



Two F-14A Tomcat's of VF-84 and their crews are transported to Equestria.

  • ...
50
 237
 7,839

2: Celestia meets the Tomcat's

We walked through the field, escorted by the six ponies, towards the town. After fifteen minutes of walking we reached the edge of town and were greeted by a large sign that said "Welcome to Ponyville" and four white pegasi in golden armor. With four more ponies added onto our escort we continued onward into town, drawing many different looks ranging from fear to awe. We approached a market filled with ponies chatting and going back and forth between stands, but when we entered the market area, you could have heard a pin drop. We again got stairs of fear or awe, except for a mint green unicorn who looked like she had taken a few too many antidepressants with her grin going from ear to ear. After we finally managed to get through the market we headed for what looked like a building made out of a tree with several more guards by the door and a fancy looking chariot sitting nearby. We entered the building, having to duck as I did because of my height, and saw shelf's upon shelf's of books. 'Must be the town library' At a small table in one corner of the room sat, if what I remembered from mythology class was true, a white alicorn with a golden crown and necklace. We stood there until a guard approached us with a tray.

"Any and all weapons you have on you are to be placed on this tray immediately."

I watched as Will, John, and Austin all placed their Colt M1911 pistols on the tray before turning and waiting for me to do the same. I placed my Colt on the tray but before anyone could do anything Austin cleared his throat.

"Skip, he said ALL your weapons."

I rolled my eyes and unzipped a foot or so of my flight suit before reaching in and pulling out a smuggled .22 pistol and a switch blade out of an inside pocket. The guard went to turn and leave but Austin stopped him. I pulled up my left pant leg and removed a dagger from the sheath on the side of my boot. After placing the knife, along with my other two weapons on the tray I bent down and lifted my right pant leg and proceeded to produce another smuggled gun, a .44 magnum, from my boot, much to the shock of everyone in the room. Will stared at all my weapons on the tray.

"Skipper, what the hell are you afraid of?!"

"Not a fuckin' thing."

I heard a chuckle from someone in the room but decided to not acknowledge it. Now that they had our guns I expected them to just kill us right there but instead was told to take a seat at the table with the white alicorn. I walked towards the table, my boots making my steps echo through out the silent library. I pulled out the chair and sat down across from the alicorn and watched as she levitated a small cup of tea up to her lips, taking a long, slow sip as she returned the stare. She set the tea down and continued to stare at me for the next few seconds, though it felt like hours. She leaned back in her chair and seemed semi-relaxed.

"So, who are you?"

"Ah'm Lieutenant Commander James Jones with the United States Navy. Fighter Squadron 84."

"Well Mr. Jones, I am Princess Celestia of Equestria. I received a letter from my student Twilight Sparkle saying that there were some sort of flying machines over Ponyville. I also received word that one exploded over a farmer's field north of here."

"Well in our defense the pilot of that one was attacking us so we had to kill him."

There was a shocked gasp from the six mares behind us. Probably the fact that I said it with a icy tone didn't help. Celestia seemed to not care about the fact that I just admitted to killing someone.

" What are these 'flying machines' that they mentioned in the letter?"

"F-14A Tomcat's. Best the Navy's got."

"Would you mind showing them to me?"

"Of coarse not. They might be stuck in the mud by now though."

I stood up and walked back over by Austin and Will.

"Ah got a feelin' she knows somethin' but she ain't tellin'."

They nodded in agreement as we walked out the door. This time I forgot to duck and slammed my head against the top of the doorway. My hand shot up and grabbed my forehead.

"Goddamn fuckin' son of a bitch!"

I noticed the six mares staring at me with their mouths hanging open with shock while Celestia stood next to them unfazed.

"You watch your language in front of the princess!"

I saw Twilight looking extremely pissed now. If I didn't know any better I could've sworn I saw steam coming out of her ears. I removed my hand from my forehead and saw it covered in blood.

"Twilight, it's alright. Besides, I've been around Luna when she drinks, I'm used to it."

Celestia seemed awful calm about this, a little too calm. 'Wonder who this Luna is that she mentioned? If she drinks, me and her could probably get along fine.' I held my hand to my forehead again and stepped outside and waited for the others. I was joined by them a few seconds later and we began the journey back to the fighters. This time I noticed a lack of ponies around the town, in fact the streets were totally deserted. As we got closer to the field it was then I noticed the sound of talking. When we finally got to the field we noticed what looked like the entire town crowded around the Tomcat's. And what was moving around in my cockpit? That's when it hit me.

"Hey! Get out of my goddamn plane!"

The entire crowd jumped and spun around to see me running towards the plane. They parted, making a path for me up to the ladder. I climbed the ladder and looked down into my seat. I was met face to face by an orange pegasus filly sitting in my seat with my helmet covering most of her head. In the meantime Austin had climbed the ladder too and was looking at the white unicorn filly in his seat with his helmet on as well. We grabbed them from the plane and handed them down to Will and John who promptly took our helmets back and handed them up to us. We climbed down and glared at the fillies in front of us. Their heads sunk lower until they were almost on the ground. For the first time in my life I saw Austin actually yell at someone.

"What were you doing?! That is a fifty million dollar airplane! You can't just play in it like it's a toy! One wrong move and you could have killed everyone here!"

The last part seemed to get more fearful looks thrown our direction. When he had calmed down Austin sat down and leaned back against the left main wheel. I began inspecting the plane and was surprised to see the gear had not sunk in mud like I had expected. I walked over to Celestia and requested a cart to be brought to the plane. After sitting and waiting for about fifteen minutes a large red stallion came up pulling a large cart. Now to get busy.

"Will! You and John get the sidewinder's off your plane and load them in the cart. Austin, help me with the ones on ours."

We set about taking the missiles off the planes and finally, with the help of four other carts, we had removed all the missiles from the jet's. The only weapon left was the the 20mm Gatling guns. Now to really introduce Celestia to the Tomcat.

"Princess? Would ya like a ride in it? We don't got a flight suit for ya but we just would just do some basic maneuvers, nothing fancy."

Celestia looked at the Tomcat from the nose all the way back to the vertical fins adorned with the pirate style skull and crossbones. I noticed everyone in the crowd looking at her anxiously waiting to see what she would say. Finally they got their answer.

"Yes."

Some seemed shocked, others jealous. But she had made her decision and they didn't seem like they were about to argue with her. I began giving a short briefing about the Tomcat and how to breath during maneuvers to try and avoid redouts or blackouts, noticing quite a few ponies in the crowd trying the breaths just to figure it out. Finally, with the briefing over, I escorted her over to the plane where she flew up and landed in the rear seat. I climbed the ladder and rummaged around in a canvas bag we had attached to the inside of the cockpit and pulled out a headset and tossed it over to Celestia.

"We keep spares in here 'case the ones in our helmets go ta shit." I explained and showed her how to plug it into the radio.

I climbed into my seat and began the preflight before signaling to Will and John to get the ponies to the edge of the field so we had plenty of room to maneuver on the ground. I put on my helmet and did a quick radio check before I started the engines and closed the canopy. I began to move forward following Austin's hand signals to the spot we had declared the start point for our "runway". Once I got the thumbs up from Austin I lowered the flaps to take off position and swung the wings forward until they were strait out.

"Alright princess, here we go!"

I shoved the throttle forward, singeing the bushes behind the plane with the afterburners, and released the brakes. The plane began rolling across the field and was gaining speed fast. I finally pulled back on the control column and let the Tomcat start climbing. I raised the landing gear and flaps and began to swing the wings back as we gained speed. I made a wide right turn and lined up with the field again. I had instructed Will to use his radio to keep us in contact with the ground.

"Will, have 'em all cover their ears. There's gunna be one hell of a boom here in about twenty seconds."

"Will do Skipper."

I looked down at my air speed indicator and saw it read 1126 knots. I got over the field and was over the middle when I saw the indicator now read 1287 knots. Now at over Mach 1 I plotted my next maneuver.

"Princess, remember those breathing techniques I showed you?"

"Yes."

"Good cause we're goin' up!"

I pulled back on the stick and entered a vertical climb at Mach 1.54 and kept going for several seconds until I reached ten thousand feet and leveled out.

"Anything you wanna do while up here? Loop's, barrel roll's?"

"Perhaps another flyby. But not on the field this time. Head towards that mountain over there."

"Yes ma'am."

I banked right and headed for the mountain she had pointed at. As we got closer I could see a giant castle and a bustling city below it.

"So what're we flying by?"

"See the second tallest tower on the castle?"

"Eeyup."

"We're going past that."

"Alright. Here we go." I aimed my Tomcat to go right past the balcony of the tower. "Who's in that tower anyways?"

"My sister."

I flew past the balcony at over 1300 knots, not knowing I had just been used as a wake up call for the other princess. I banked away and headed back towards the field. After fifteen minutes we were again over the crowd below us and I began putting on a mini airshow for them. After another half hour of stunts I landed the Tomcat and pulled up with the nose pointing towards the crowd and parked. By this time the crowd had grown from a few hundred from Ponyville to a few thousand that had come from miles around to see the jets. We climbed out and immediately were greeted by ponies cheering about the performance, except for the grumpy, tired night blue alicorn who was glaring at us. We continued to hang out around the planes until the crowd had finally left around ten thirty. There was just one problem we hadn't sorted out.

"Uh Skipper, where are we going to stay at?"

"Well John that right there is a million dollar question. Guess with how today was flyin' by we didn't really stop to think about that did we?"

We all stood there thinking before Celestia had an idea that didn't sound half bad.

"Why don't we do this. You will stay with whoever you can help the most. What are your skills?"

We thought a minute before we decided to tell her.

"Well ah worked on my grandma's apple orchard." Celestia nodded and pointed at me to go with Applejack. The others got their new residence and seemed fairly happy with their placements. Will went with Rarity due to his previous job repairing cloths in a tailors shop. John went with Fluttershy due to his skills with animals. And finally Austin went with Pinkie Pie because he could make candy and well, Austin was almost exactly like her when it came to attitude and hyperness. We all said goodnight and headed off in the direction of our, hopefully temporary, new homes. It was a quarter after eleven when we arrived at the farm, we entered the house and I was shown my room up on the second floor. I flopped down on the bed and let out a heavy sigh. 'Tomorrow is gunna be a long day.' I rolled over and drifted off into sleep.