• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 366 Views, 1 Comments

The Hidden History of Equestria - Elijah Wyatt



We follow two young ponies who will have a deep impact on all of Equestria as their adventure unfolds

  • ...
 1
 366

Hope

Star Swirl then dashes up to his room. After waiting for his parents to go to bed, he writes a letter telling them that he is leaving to give live with a girl, and that they shouldn't attempt to come after him. He says he loves them very much, but he needs to move on. Star Swirl leaves the letter on his bed and sneaks down stairs, walks out the door, and runs towards the road to Ludile, the closest city.

Meanwhile in Justarce, we find a young pony with his mom in their home. The young boy is named Hope, and his mother Mare Tyra. They are both unicorns.

Hope asks his mom "Why is daddy never around anymore, mom? I miss him so much.".

Mare Tyra answers "He is defending us agianst bad people, I'm sure he misses you too.".

They embrace each other. An audile knocking sound is then heard from the door as Tyra goes to answer it. She finds two male earth ponies carrying a letter.

Hope comes to see what the matter is, as one of the earth ponies begins to read the letter, "Miss Mare Tyra, you are summoned to the army at once, by law one member from each family is required to serve in the war. Your son is not yet of age to serve. He shall be placed in the custody of Justarce.". Tyra begins to sob, as one of the earth ponies tries to console her, but she quickly regains her constitution as she turns to Hope.

Mare Tyra says "I have to go now but you must be strong, and always remember that me and your father love you more than anything. Justice is never easy, violence and hatred don't solve anything, they only bring about more violence and hate. Noone is born evil, they are made to be that way. I love you so much.".

Hope asks "Why do you have to leave? Why are they taking you away? Mommy please don't leave me!". One of the earth ponies then abruptly pulls Tyra away.

Mare Tyra yells "Never forget that I love you!". Hope tries to follow but is blocked by the other earth pony.

Hope screams "Let me through, please let me through! You can't take away my mom!".

The earth pony says "You can't see your mom anymore. You might not understand this, but the enemies don't stop coming, and so we can't stop defending either. I must take you to your new home now, you will be under the care of the state, and we will teach you to be strong.". The earth pony stars to take him away, when Hope hits him and tries to run. The earth pony spreads out his wings, that were hidden untill now, quickly catches up and throws Hope to the ground.

The earth pony angrily says "What you just did was a capital offense! If you weren't so young you could be executed for that, but we cannot afford to punish foolish children like you, especially not unicorns. You have so much potential, your father was one of the best worriors we ever had. Your actions disgrace who he was." Hope begins to cry.

Hope, sobbing, asks "My dad is dead? Why? Why would you take away my mom after my dad died? You are evil!".

The earth pony says "We must, every day our army grows thinner and thinner, and their's grows bigger and bigger. The very few unicorns we have we must use if we stand any chance at defending the fragile peace we have created for ourselves. Peace and justice are things worth fighting and dying for."

Hope responds "Why don't you let my mom decide that for herself!?".

The earth pony reprimands him by saying "You ignorant child, she has. Everyone who lives here came here to live in peace, but there is a cost to peace, and that cost is being willing to lay your life on the line to protect it. Your mother knew full well what would happen if her husband died. Do not be little your parents by throwing away the life your father died to protect.". Hope gets up and begrudgingly starts to walk with the earth pony.

The earth pony tries to lighten things up by saying "You will like your new home, there are lots of other fillies to meet, but you are special. You will train your magic and learn many things, from other unicorns. You will become very powerfull and respected if you complete your training."

Hope says defiantly "I don't want to fight.".

The earth pony responds "You won't be fighting anyone at the orphanage. You will be learning, all about the things we have learned from books, and you will learn all sorts of fun spells from teachers. That sounds like fun doesn't it?". Hope remains silent.

They arrive at the orphanage. It seems to be a very large castle. Hope walks in as he is handed off to another pony a few years older than him, who guides him around. He shows him the living areas, the kitchen, the back yard, and then he shows him to his room. Hope asks to be left alone and the other pony says someone will come for him in the morning to bring him to the 'school' before leaving. Hope gets in his bed and cries himself to sleep.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment