• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 366 Views, 1 Comments

The Hidden History of Equestria - Elijah Wyatt



We follow two young ponies who will have a deep impact on all of Equestria as their adventure unfolds

  • ...
 1
 366

Star Swirl?

Agric awakes suddenly after some amount of time has passed. He finds Zyra aggressively looking at him as if confused, and violated. Agric instantly notices that not only did he somehow manage so save Zyra from what he was sure was certain death, but also that her leg is not back. He did not fully succeed in restoring her leg, it is a stump.

Zyra states "What on earth did you do to me!? Who are you and why did you do this?! Answer me now, or i'll hurt you!"

Agric is extremely confused, but comes to the conclusion that somehow the hour long blackout has given her short term memory loss, and with this excuse decides to reinvent himself, now that he has both the power and the opportunity to pursue his life long dreams of studying the world and magic in the big city. Agric panics as he is taking a long time to answer, and as he tries to think of a name he remembers his cutie mark and quickly declares his name.

'Star Swirl' quickly says "My name is Star Swirl, we were looking for unusual plants in the forest while chatting, when all of a sudden timber wolves attacked us, and they got you, but I fended them off and helped you to this cave for safety. I then performed a very high level magical spell to heal your leg and stop the bleeding, but it drained me of all my stamina as I passed out."

Zyra angrily responds "Why don't I remember anything then!?"

Star Swirl answers "Well you passed out from losing a lot of blood, so I assume you might have a bit of brain damage because it did take me a while to fend them off and carry you to the cave. I'm so sorry this happened." Zyra starts crying as she can still feel the pain of losing her leg. Star Swirl offers his shoulder as comfort.

Zyra accepts both the explanation and comfort remarking "Thank you, thank you so much. I'm so sorry I was angry, you saved my life. Would you please just help me back home.".

Star Swirl responds "Of course, but you'll have to lead, I don't know where you live." .

Zyra inquisitively asks "Wait, what? Then why were we walking in the forest together? Did we JUST meet?".

Star Swirl answers her with some deception "Well, yes. I was just finished with my chores at the fa- I mean, I had finished cataloging some creatures for a study I was doing when I found you in the woods, and after we started chatting I was escorting you as we found interesting plant life , but we wandered too deep into the woods and timber wolves came... and well you know the rest."

Zyra cringes and adds "That sounds absolutely terrifying, i'll try to point out the way, but we are very far off course, i'm not sure I even know how to return home. Lend me a hoof."

Star Swirl reassures her "That's okay, I can help us return at least a little closer to your home, and then you can lead us back once you start recognizing things. I think the timber wolves shouldn't be a problem as long as we don't stick around too long.". They are walk for about 20 minutes with Star Swirl supporting Zyra to walk.

Zyra suddenly states "I remember this place, I think I can lead home. You sure don't look like a unicorn, if I had to guess i'd say I almost recognize you from a local farm."

Star Swirl ingeniously replies "Well, that makes some sense, seeing as my mother was a unicorn, and my father an earth pony. I mostly resemble him, but who I am is much more towards my mother's side."

Zyra responds "Oh, I guess that makes sense, but why are you out here in Ludile? Cataloging creatures you said? But you are so young, you are my age, how could you possibly know such advanced magic to be able to fend off timber wolves, and heal me? And why on would you possibly be doing such a demeaning task as cataloging creatures in the middle of no where if you are so talented, especially at such a young age?".

Star Swirl trying to think of an answer responds "Well you see, that is because, well, uh, you see, THIS IS A TEST! Yes, in order to advance past being in elementary magic education, you must perform a test proving you are worthy of becoming someone's apprentice, and cataloging creatures is just one of many tasks most apprentice's do on a regular basis. We work as helpers for a master, and when we aren't doing busy work they teach us advanced magic and how to eventually be able to do their job. However, I am very gifted, as you can see, so I am able to perform magic well ahead of my years."

Zyra not buying it says "But still, magic of this caliber isn't even described in books, I've read almost everything you can read about magic, and never have i heard of spells as powerful as you say you have perfor-"

Star Swirl cuts her off remarking "It looks like we are here, I better be off now that I have returned you safely. I am terribly sorry about the accident , but I really must be off."

Zyra wants to rest, so she says "Well, okay then, thank you again, bye!".

Star Swirl says after she is inside and no one is around, looking at the forest "Farewell." Star Swirl returns to his barn, the time is very late by now, and uses a potato bag as a hat as he walks in. His mom is still up worried sick about her son.

His mother half crying hugs him and says "Agric! You're home, I was so worried about you, what happened? You never come home this late, you know you are supposed to be home by nightfall!"

Star Swirl responds "Well you see mother, I was out in the forest and I met this girl, and we just let time slip away from us..."

His mother clearly delighted as his excuse says "Oh Agric, I'm so glad you are alright, but we will have to talk about this girl business in the morning, and WHY WOULD YOU POSSIBLY BE WEARING A POTATO BAG ON YOUR HEAD? Take that off at once!"

Star Swirl secretively states "Mom, I can't tell you please just trust me, I love you. I'm going to bed.". His mom swipes the bag off of his head revealing the unicorn horn. His farther then walks in being awoken by all the commotion.

His mother in total shock barely manages out "What... I don't understand.".

His father says from behind, towards both Agric and his mother who are in a line in front of him "What did you do?"

His mother quickly says "NOTHING, I would never betray you, I swear honey I love you, and only you." His father quite angrily replies

"WHAT? I was talking to Agric, What are you talking about!?"

His mother embarassed at what she said says "Oh, nothing, of course."

His father extremely furious at her implications shouts "WHAT!?".

Star Swirl, not being used to this kind of shouting between his parents, interjects "I'll explain in the morning I am so tired, please just trust me its nothing to worry about, I love you both.".

His father demands "I want an explanation for this RIGHT NOW.".

Star Swirl begging to go to bed says "Dad, IN THE MORNING, PLEASE.

His father letting in says "Okay, but this better be good, and don't you think we aren't going to talk about that, honey."

Author's Note:

This chapter is meant to give you some lighthearted fun, while foreshadowing what comes next, but giving the readers a brief break from the plot to just enjoy the banter and let your mind think as to what the implications mean.