• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 663 Views, 6 Comments

As Time Goes by... Things Changes - Destiny Flow



Twilight found out another element in friendship... changes.

  • ...
3
 6
 663

Differences

Dear Princess Celestia,

Where should I start? Well first, I wanted to thank you for letting me move back here to Ponyville. Being a princess and all just isn't fit for me. Every time I walk out in the streets of Canterlot, there would be a whole mob of ponies gathering around me and I can't get anywhere like that. Last time, it took twenty of your royal guards to clear a pathway for me to escape all the crazy ponies crowding over me and trust me its embarrassing and foolish. I wonder, does this ever happen to you or the other princesses?

Back to the point, I've notice a lot of differences here at Ponyville. A lot of things changed...

The first thing I notice when I got back to Ponyville was Rarity acting weird. Every time all six of us go out to do something together, Rarity would, I don't know, give me this look. Her eyes filled with envy and jealousy as if they were asking me 'Why wasn't I the one that became an alicorn? Why wasn't I the one who gets all the fame?' And each time that happens I just wanted to tell her how it was all out of my control, but each time I try to approach her, I felt fear, the fear of losing her as a friend if I mess up. So I kept with it until one night, I was at home reading "Equestian History" and I heard a knock on the door. I went to open the door and standing there is none other pony than Rarity with her eyes all red and she was sobbing. Her mane was shooting at every directions and her coat was all dirty. I asked her what was the the problem and she told me that she was sorry. I kept asking her why was she sorry, but she just kept on moaning 'I'm sorry'. That's when I thought to myself, 'Could it be that becoming something greater than yourself cause so much hurting'. Then I started crying too with her. I still didn't understand why. Is it because I made Rarity cry? Is it because I don't like who I was right now? I don't have a clue. That night I let Rarity stay over, but we didn't talk much we just spend some time together. The next morning, I was awoken by a sweet and fresh smell. I went downstairs and saw Rarity had prepared a full-course breakfast for me. When she saw me, she smiled and said. "Breakfast is ready." Its as if yesterday never happened and she was always the sweet and generous Rarity I know.

After that, Rarity stopped looking at me with those eyes, but with a different kind of eyes. The kind that shows 'I'm going to serve you, not because I want to, because I have to'. This was even worse than before, but my issue didn't stop here...

The other four of my friends and some other ponies are also acting weird. Such as Scootaloo had changed her 'Rainbowdash Fan Club' to 'The Princess Twilight Sparkle Fan Club'. Snips and Snails started to come near me everywhere I go and they would go around telling everyone how 'Twilight Sparkle is the best princess in Equestria'. I feel so sick every time they do that and I even tried telling them to stop, but they would take any chance possible to spread their beliefs or maybe just plain compliments used to make me like them. Sweetie Belle even wrote a song about me as a princess (Got to admit though, it was pretty good). Apple Bloom would visit me everyday helping me clean the library. Mr. and Mrs. Cake would give me free cake every time I visit Sugarcube Corner. Big Mac also salutes to me when he passes by me. All the little unicorns would come to me asking questions about magic. The little pegasus ponies would come to me for flying advices. The little earth ponies would ask me to play horseshoes with them. But all of them did it because I was a princess. They didn't like me as Twilight Sparkle. Even Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara showed up for my autograph, which they are obviously going to show off the next day at school.

Pinkie Pie, well, was still Pinkie Pie. But part of her died. She doesn't act as lively as she does around me anymore, she use to jump and hop around happily. Now, she just passes me with a smile, a sad and weak smile.

Fluttershy acts like she just met me, always shy around me. She would look at me sometimes and when I turn to look at her, she always looks away.

Rainbow Dash started to give me lessons on how to fly (which is normal) but every lessons she gives, she wasn't the confident and brave Rainbow Dash I know. She was scared and afraid. It's almost like she's trying to... bargain. This might be the wrong word.

Applejack was always nervous and worried when I visit Sweet Apple Acres. She would give me some of the best treats the Apple Family had and always smiling nervously at me.

Seriously, I feel so awkward around all my friends now. Its like I don't even know them. All of the ponies in Ponyville are trying to respect me as a princess, but I don't want them to. I just want to be the old Twilight Sparkle that came here knowing nothing about friendship and meeting all these great ponies and these ponies wanted to know me better as a pony. I really missed those days... Where things are perfect. So Princess Celestia, please give me an answer on how to solve this problem. I REALLY need your assistance.

Your Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

I seriously think I'm jumping too far for my first story, but I guess since I already typed this much, why not publish it?

Comments ( 6 )

You've got a lot of issues with grammar and tense. You also skip over words and use the incorrect forms of other words.
For example, "Your Faith Student". It should be 'Faithful'.

It's a great concept though, it's just your writing that's less than stellar.

I like the idea, but I have to agree with CharmBracer. It's just too... messy. :/ And too many grammatical errors! (Also, Rainbow Dash, not Rainbowdash. Two words, not one.)

Jumping too far too quickly is a problem that I tend to have as well. Yeah you have grammar issues but this is a good start. I look forward to reading the rest of your story. Just keep on truckin' and everything will be fine.

So, how long until you start shipping? javascript:smilie(':derpytongue2:');

Either way , I love the premise you're going for.

2999022 Thanks for pointing it out! :pinkiehappy:

2999022 I'd be sure to keep that in mind.

2999844 Cool, thanks!

2999967 Thanks for your support :twilightblush:

This looks like the start of something interesting. I look forward to seeing where it leads.

Do you plan to keep the letter format, or use this letter as a prologue to a story?

Also, a minor typo in the title: "Things Changes" should be "Things Change".

Login or register to comment