• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 544 Views, 8 Comments

Proof of Villainy - Matt says hi



While I'm asleep one night, Luna tries to tell me that I'll never succeed at being evil. After I follow her to Equestria through her portal, I find myself in the castle at Canterlot. Now I have to decide if I want to conquer or leave this w

  • ...
4
 8
 544

Truth and Lies

Awestruck by the sheer awesomeness of what lied before me, I found myself mouth agape. My eyes simply would not tear away from the pegasus before me. Suddenly, I found Gir thrusting towards the pony at great speed. Just as quickly as he moved, there was a loud snap. The sound echoed across the spa, catching everypony’s attention. I could hear shouting coming from before me, but I was to discouraged to even look. Lying before my feet was Gir, broken in two, and I couldn’t look away. It seemed impossible; my most trusted of minions lay shattered before me because of this pegasus.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing, going around poking ponies in the eye!?” the pegasus yelled. Anger had clouded my goal for the moment, and in that moment, I had forged an opponent.

“How dare you,” I shouted, “You dare complain about your petty wounds when a death has just occurred by your hooves!” The pegasus looked at me in confusion. I pointed to Gir, but all she did was glare at me. I clenched my fist, ready to take revenge upon this pony when I felt Fluttershy against my arm. I began to calm down, my anger subsiding. As I relaxed I notice that Rarity was trying to calm down the pegasus.

“Slaughter, I am sure that it was an accident,” Fluttershy said reassuringly. She turned to Rarity and the pegasus who still seemed upset by the incident. “That is Rainbw Dash, she is a friend of mine and I think that maybe you should try to be friends with her.”

I was calm enough to consider the offer, but at the loss of one of my own, I was not thrilled. I gave a look of reproach to the pegasus now known to me as Rainbow Dash and mulled over the thought in silence. For what she had done to my minion, I would not accept a friendship with her nor any attempt at an apology. “Well,” I heard the pegasus say, “I’m waiting.” I stared puzzled at her, wonder what it was she was waiting for.

Fluttershy turned to face Rainbow Dash, “Slaughter is very sorry for what he did, and hopes that you forgive him.” What!? She was apologizing for me now! I stared hard at Fluttershy and she knew that I was enraged by her actions.

“I’m sure he is,” Rainbow Dash responded, “after all, it was his fault.” My gaze once more shifted to the pegasus, it had been some time sense I had encountered such arrogance in an opponent. I was too angry to reply, which seemed to work in my favor as the pegasus left the spa. I returned my attention to Fluttershy, still annoyed with her answering for me.

“Fluttershy, it would probably benefit your health if you didn’t speak for me unless I deem it necessary.” I stared down at her, and she seemed to get the message.

“If she hadn’t though, I’m afraid you would probably have needed medical attention,” The unicorn, Rarity, had chirped in. “After all dear, you shouldn’t try to make enemies where friends can be made much more easily.” Great, first Fluttershy speaks for me, now I am being told to watch my emotions by Rarity.

“I’ll try to remember that,” I responded. With that we began to head towards the spa’s exit. Fluttershy had recommended that we wait a bit to allow time for Rainbow Dash to get ahead of us. It did me some good as it let me cool off on our way to Twilight’s place. While taking a breather, it allowed Rarity’s words to sink in. I realized that I was unaware of how long I would be here, and while making enemies was not the best thing to do, it did provide a target for future schemes. Unfortunately, I was reminded of how my vile schemes were thwarted because of my enemies back home.

That is when the idea struck me, if I am going to become the future evil ruler of this world, I would need to look the part. “Excuse me Ms. Rarity, but I have heard that you are greatly skilled in the making of clothes and fabrics.” She turned to me with her ego peeking out. “I wish to ask you, oh no never mind, I could never bring myself to ask of you such an exuberant task.” Her eyes were shining and an intrigued smile appeared upon her face.

“Oh, it’s alright dear. I’m sure I can help you with your request.” I got her attention, now to get her to agree.

“Well, it is just that I am stuck here in your world and all I have to wear is the clothes on my back. From what Twilight had told me and Fluttershy, I would be stuck here for months.” I put on a dramatic display to get play at Rarity’s weakness. “It would be great if I could get a change of clothes so that I would not be stuck in these old rags for so long.”

“I completely understand dear, and I would be happy to make you something for your stay here,” Rarity replied. “How about you two drop by my place tomorrow and will see what we can do about a new wardrobe for you.” Wait, wardrobe? All I was going for was a more menacing outfit.

“Thank you Ms. Rarity, but really I-“ before I could finish, she was already taking down notes on designs and sketches that I think were supposed to resemble me.

With Rarity occupied, I looked to Fluttershy for a little master-to-minion talk. I whispered in her ear, “Fluttershy, as I have lost a minion to this ‘Rainbow Dash’, I feel that I should get a new one soon. That means I want you to keep an eye out for anything that looks even remotely of use to me.” Fluttershy lightly nodded at me to keep Rarity from noticing.

After a bit (time not money... oh wait, time is money. Or is it?) we finally got to Twilight’s. From the sounds we were hearing, it appeared that the other members of the mane six were already here. Fluttershy knocked on the door and suddenly the doorknob glowed purple and the door opened. “Hey girls,” twilight answered, “Oh and hello Slaughter.” She said that last part rather flatly. I ignored it for the moment as we entered the tree house, where I was greeted with a sudden view of white, blue, and black. “Hi! You must be Slaughter, the human that Twilight was talking about!” the pony said.

Based on the lack of personal space I was getting, I figured this was Pinkie Pie. “Hi, and yes I am. Would you mind backing up? I can’t see past your soul.” I responded. With that she backed up and proved me right. Then it hit me, “um how do you know my name?”

“Oh, I think I read it somewhere.” Pinkie smiled. I decided against asking for details, considering whom I was talking to.

Twilight stepped into the center of the room, gathering everypony’s attention. “Alright, we’ve already gone over that princess Luna will be arriving the week of Nightmare night. Now what we need to discuss is what we are going to do about him.” Suddenly, everypony’s attention was on me. “Fluttershy, as you have spent the most time with Slaughter, would you mind if he continued to stay with you?”

“I don’t mind. He’s actually kind of nice when you get to know him.” Fluttershy smiled at Twilight. I couldn’t tell if she was being honest or covering up my intentions.

“Okay now that that’s settled, I have a few questions that I need you to answer Slaughter. Spike!” As Twilight said this, I saw Spike rushing down the stairs with a large scroll and what I assumed was a quill. Then, with a thud, he tripped and fell down the stairs. The scroll flew from his hand and bounced when it hit the steps, beginning to unravel. As Spike was recovering from the fall, the rest of us were preoccupied with watching the scroll circle around on the floor a few times before it finally came to a stop at Twilight’s hooves.

There was a pause for a brief moment before I spoke up. “Twilight, I understand that you want answers from me, but don’t you think this is a little much?” As I deadpanned at her, she met my gaze with a sheepish grin.

“Hang on a sec,” Rainbow Dash spoke up “if you’re just going to ask him a bunch of questions, then what are we all here for?” I admit that the question had crossed my mind.
“Because, we don’t know what humans are capable of, so we may need the Elements of Harmony in case he tries something.” Twilight returned her attention to me and with Spike having recovered he took up the quill and end of the scroll. “Alright, Slaughter,” she said “let’s start from the top, first question: who are you?”

“You know my name is Slaughter,” I said flatly.

Spike wrote down my response. “Question two: what are you?” Twilight asked.

“I am a human,” I responded. Based on the facial expressions on the others, I was going to be here for a while. After about fifty questions in, we actually got to questions I had to think about, along with ones that I decided to have some fun with.

“Question fifty-three: can humans use magic?”

“Only if we learn how.”

“Question fifty-four: do humans communicate with one another?”

“Sometimes.”

“Question fifty-five: do ponies exist in the world of humans?”

“No.”

“Question fifty-six: do humans know of our world?”

“No, of course not.” (Fingers crossed)

“Question fifty-seven: what is a human’s favorite food?”

“Fried pegasus wings.”

I could tell from the answers I was giving that the ponies were getting unnerved.

It took six hours to get through all of Twilight’s questions, but finally we were done. It had gotten dark so everypony was saying their goodbyes to one another. Fluttershy and I were on our way back to her home when I noticed that she kept staring at me when I wasn’t looking directly at her.

“Fluttershy, I do hope you know that I made up some of the answers to get Twilight off my back.” I looked at her and saw her sigh in relief. Apparently she had believed most of the lies I told.

“I admit, I was worried when you talked about your favorite food. But, maybe you should have told them the truth. After all, Twilight’s just annoyed that she couldn’t find out anything on her own about you.” Fluttershy smiled at me while she talked. It would be best though, to keep some of the ‘human facts’ secret for the moment.

When we got back to Fluttershy’s home, I had gone and collapsed on her couch. I was hungry because I had missed dinner, but sleep sounded better than food. I thought I heard Fluttershy say something to me and whatever it was escaped my ears as I fell fast asleep.

Author's Note:

Hey, sorry about how long this chapter took. I will try to get out the next couple of chapters sooner.

Comments ( 3 )

Twilight must understand that there is a number of flaws in some of his responses. The only one that I noticed (seeing as you skipped over 50 questions, which is completely understandable) is...

1) He said ponies don't exist in his world
2) He said his favorite food is fried Pegasus wings

If there is no ponies, then there is no Pegasi. If there are no Pegasi, then there is no fried Pegasus wings. These ponies are smart, they should see the fact that he contradicted himself.

Nice story so far. However, I am having some small difficulties, some you may want to address, others may be for the readers to discover themselves. First, does he have any kind of mental issues? (He is taking the whole "shoved into another universe with the possibly never to see his home, family, or friends again" thing in stride a bit too well. The shock will either catch up to him or he has some sort of problem in his noggin). Also, I am having a hard time finding out if he is clever (biding his time, cleverly talking others into having doubts about their day to day lives and thinking about joining/helping him, collecting the help of others before he actually tries anything, etc.) or if he is as dumb as a bag of rocks (losing in a fight to a stick which was lying on the ground, thinking he can take on a pair of beings which possess enough power to move the sun and moon, respectively, etc.). Finally, what in the world is happening with Fluttershy? She hasn't told her friends that he appears to be delusional(1), she hasn't told them that he wants to take over the planet(2), she hasn't even quietly mentioned that might need an extra eye on him because of my two previous statements[which are (1) and (2)], not to mention the fact that she is playing along with his idea. Although she does have some rules, she doesn't even really seem to mind that he is under the impression that she is his minion.

Follow, but no "thumbs up" yet, I wish to see a bit more writing first...

3714127 I understand your concerns, and I will answer them respectively however, as i do not wish to post spoilers I will do my best to not give to much, if anything, away.

1. Twilight is well aware that the answers that Slaughter provided do not add up, which will lead to the additional eyes watching over Slaughter within the next few chapters.

2. the 'fried pegasus wings' was just to freak out the mane six.

3. he has no mental issue, yet. Like in the manga MAR, he is just accepting that he is stuck here temporally, if not permanently. p.s. who said he wouldn't see his friends and family again?

4. he is an idiot trying to be clever and that stick was tougher than it looked, have you seen what a stick can do when it isn't moving?

5. as for the Fluttershy questions, would you take someone who wants to take over the world seriously after they were defeated by a stick? truthfully, she simply doesn't see him as a threat after the initial break-in. In time you will see that she will become less willing to deal with Slaughter as his plans start to actually work.

3734767
Thank you for responding.

1) I understood that he said "fried Pegasus wings" as a joke, my point was that they should have realized that too.
2) When people are on the other side of the multiverse from their family with almost no way back, it's a decent assumption that they are very unlikely to see said family again anytime within the foreseeable future. Especially if the only way to get back would be for him to get past the Princess of the Night within his own dream, while Luna is in it. Which means that she knows exactly where he is. Which means she knows where to find his physical form as well, and will likely go to him to give him a punishment of some kind.
3) Yes, I have seen what it can do when it isn't moving. This particular stick that I saw took down three full grown men. Me and a group of friends were walking in line (I was a considerable distance ahead of them, I'm a fast walker) down a trail in the woods. I hear several people cry out in pain and I turned around to see three of my friends on the ground. What apparently happened was one person stepped on a stick, which caused him to twist his ankle and fall over, almost hitting a tree. The stick, when it got stepped on, launched up one end into the balls of the dude in front of him, which then caused him to fall into the person in front of him as a domino effect. Thankfully the second guy was fine after a few minutes. Then we moved the branch off the trail so no one would get hit by it a second time. Slaughter, however, somehow manages to hit himself twice with the same branch. Even after taking measures to be sure that he wouldn't be hit again, he still manages to hurt himself.

Also, on the whole "going home to see his family again" thing. There won't be an interdimensional portal in there anymore seeing that Luna doesn't need to travel between different universes anymore seeing that they are on the same planet.

Login or register to comment