• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 545 Views, 8 Comments

Proof of Villainy - Matt says hi



While I'm asleep one night, Luna tries to tell me that I'll never succeed at being evil. After I follow her to Equestria through her portal, I find myself in the castle at Canterlot. Now I have to decide if I want to conquer or leave this w

  • ...
4
 8
 545

A Cactus in an Orchard

Ten years later…

Nah…only about five minutes. Fluttershy and I were just arriving at the entrance to Sweet Apple Acres, when we were approached by a small pony. “Hi Fluttershy! What brings ya here today?” the little filly said.

“Oh, well… I was-“ Fluttershy responded.

“What’s that thing with ya?” the filly interrupted.

“This is-“ Fluttershy tried to answer.

“Is it a friend of yers?” the filly asked, once again interrupting Fluttershy.

“Well, yes he-“Fluttershy spoke.

“Does it talk, it seems kind of quiet.”The filly asked. I was ticked at this little pony and Fluttershy knew it. She wouldn’t let either of us get a word in and still expected answers. Mental note: when mind is racing with hundreds of questions, allow appropriate time for answers before asking the next question. I was about to smash this filly straight into the ground when another voice caught my attention.

“Applebloom, who are ya talking to?” I recognized the approaching pony as Applejack. The filly didn’t know it, but Applejack just saved her life.

“It’s just Fluttershy and some weird thing that she won’t tell me anything about.” Said the one now known as Applebloom, wait… Applebloom, that name sounds familiar. Well, whatever, it isn’t important right now.

“Well howdy there Fluttershy, what brings y’all here today?” Applejack asked. I couldn’t answer; I was too busy listening to my brain cells dying. Fluttershy seemed relieved to see Applejack, and after dealing with Applebloom I didn’t blame her.

“Hi Applejack, I just came by to introduce my new friend, Slaughter.” said Fluttershy. “He is new to Ponyville and Twilight asked me to show him around.” She looked at me and smiled, Applejack however looked at me in confusion.

“Um… Fluttershy, What is that?” Applejack asked hesitantly. I felt that this was going to be a common occurrence today.

“I am a human, and I would like you to stop calling me ‘it’.” I told Applejack. Her sudden jump at my response showed that she wasn’t expecting me to talk.

“Y-ya just talked!” Applejack seemed to be having trouble accepting this fact.

Unfortunately, Applebloom decided to chime in while Applejack was recovering. “What the hay is a human? I ain’t seen nothing around here that looks like you before.”

“Well Applebloom, he is a human. His name is Slaughter and he is currently staying with me at my house.” Fluttershy answered.

“Alright... but where did he come from, and why ‘Slaughter’?” Applejack had calmed down long enough to ask.

“What’s wrong with my name?” I asked. Applejack just looked at me with a look that just said ‘…really?’.

“Actually I’m not sure where he came from, he just showed up at my door yesterday.” Fluttershy replied.

Suddenly all eyes were on me. I was about to tell them that I came from a different world and ended up here following Princess Luna through a dream, but then I had a better idea.

“I don’t know” I said as convincingly as possible while shrugging. They looked back at each other and continued the Q & A with Fluttershy. As annoyed as I was about this, I admit I was relieved that they bought it. This did bring an issue to my attention, when Luna did arrive my cover would be blown and the truth about my arrival would be revealed. I would have to find a way to deal with this later, because as soon as my focus returned to the ponies conversing, we were saying our goodbyes.

“…That went well.” I said sarcastically to Fluttershy, once we were out of ear shot. “Are all your friends going to be like this?”

“Um… maybe, I thought that Twilight would have mentioned you to the others before we left the house.” Fluttershy sighed.

We were heading to our next destination when the thought struck me. “Fluttershy, where are we going?”

“We are going to go see Rarity; she should be at the Carousel Boutique where she works.” Fluttershy smiled. Great…Rarity, if I remembered right she was a little bit overdramatic.

It took a while, but we finally arrived at the boutique. Fluttershy knocked on the door, but there was no response. I knocked the second time and made sure to knock loud enough that it could be heard on the inside of the building. “Just a minute.” A small voice said on the inside. Suddenly the door started to open. On the inside of the door, we were greeted by a small white filly that looked about the same age as Applebloom. “Hi Fluttershy, who’s your friend?” said Sweetie Belle, yes I recognized her from some of the episodes I had seen back home.

“Hi Sweetie Belle, this is Slaughter. We came by to see Rarity, is she home?” Fluttershy asked.

“Sorry Fluttershy, she left with Rainbow Dash to go to the spa a little bit ago.” Sweetie Belle responded.

“Did she say when they should be back?” Fluttershy asked. Sweetie Belle just shook her head. Fluttershy sighed “I guess we should go see if they are still at the spa.” A spa…that’s intimidating...still it could be worse.

“Excuse me, Slaughter was it?” Sweetie Belle asked, “What exactly are you anyway?” I was shocked that someone actually addressed a question to me.

“I am a human, a being from another world.” I answered politely. After all, she was the first to actually ask me about myself directly.

“Really, from another world!?” Sweetie Belle was amazed by this thought. “Do you guys have ponies in your world? Are there more humans like you there? Can you use magic or do you fly?” The questions went on and on, suddenly I realized that I had unintentionally caused this event to occur.

“Um…Fluttershy, is there some way to slip out of here?” I whispered to her. She nodded and stared to pull on the back of my shirt a she backed up from the boutique. It took a little bit, but we had gotten a sizeable distance between us and Sweetie Belle, whom I assume had stopped paying attention to us and was now just thinking out loud. With that Fluttershy led me towards the spa where, hopefully, we would meet up with Rarity and Rainbow Dash.