• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 544 Views, 8 Comments

Proof of Villainy - Matt says hi



While I'm asleep one night, Luna tries to tell me that I'll never succeed at being evil. After I follow her to Equestria through her portal, I find myself in the castle at Canterlot. Now I have to decide if I want to conquer or leave this w

  • ...
4
 8
 544

A World Worth Conquering

“Yes, everything is coming together…soon I will have all that I need.” I said as I held the device in my hand grinning from ear to ear “now, where did I put the TV remote?”

Allow me to introduce myself, I am ‘Slaughter’ the most feared and evil villain this side of the planet. Most people call me by my real name, but for security (and trolling) reasons I will not tell you. Well…feared and evil may be a stretch in that I don’t really know what I am doing. Most of my villainy goes rather unnoticed here. But, that is about to change, for I have been introduced to a show called ‘MLP’. The show is strange with ponies of many colors running around doing human things. That is what I thought until I saw Nightmare Moon, an evil I came to respect. But then she went and became a goody-goody…how irritating. If you haven’t guessed already, I am about to watch the show now.

“Ah, the remote…now let’s see what happens.” It turned out to be the episode where Spike grew with greed. “One of my favorites at least, too bad he turns back to normal.” I grumbled.

“11:00 p.m.!? when did that happen, last I checked it was noon!” I realized what time it was and decided to get ready for bed. I quickly changed and went to bed satisfied with the episodes I had watched.

It wasn’t long till I had fallen asleep and started dreaming. “Oh, great one of those ‘I know I’m dreaming’ dreams. So much for an evil night’s sleep…” I sighed and walked around hoping to find something to distract me till I woke up. I wondered until I came across a dark forest and started walking through it until I heard an old woman start moaning at me ‘give me back my rusty horse shoe’ yeah, that was the sign I had watched too many episodes today. I just kept walking, but the voice was getting louder until she appeared behind me and started shouting at me. With how annoyed this was making me I responded with the most logical thing I could do, using the best old man voice I had, I shouted back at her “dag-nab-bit woman, don’t rush me!” she looked at me then turned around and walked away.

“Congratulations, you scared off an old pony” I turned to see who said that, but no one was there. “Still, it will most likely be the only evil you accomplish…”

I recognized the voice, but still couldn’t find its source, “Come on out Luna, I know it’s you” I groaned as this had only confirmed my suspicions. She walked out from behind a nearby tree and stared face-to-face with me not saying a word. “Yet, I am still a better evil than you.” I sneered, thinking that I was in control of my dream.

“We have no interest in doing evil, nor seek revenge. Thanks to the friends we have made, we now walk the same path.” Luna exclaimed.

“You are no longer evil, that much is true. I have followed this world since it was shown to me by my friends, and still I feel the desire for conquest.” I began to grow angry with her.

“Yet, you have nothing to show for such a clouded desire. While we have a kingdom and friends.” She was walking off out of my dream.

Wait, I thought, she is right. She does have a kingdom and friends. It would be a shame if her vast castle and most honored friends were destroyed by the forces of evil. I grinned and began to follow her to what I thought was the edge of my dream. Then a strange portal opened up and she walked through it. I quickly followed suit and jumped into the portal.

The next thing I know, I am in what appears to be a giant castle with stain-glass windows. “Great, so my dream can replicate Celestia’s castle.” I muttered, “I think I have slept enough, time to wake up…now…right now…this can’t be good.” I began to worry; I tried pinching myself, hitting myself, and even found some water to splash on my face. “Why can’t I wake up? I followed Princess Luna in my dream and into a portal that lead me to what looks like Celetia’s castle and now I can’t wake up!”

My mind was racing with questions and thoughts until one stuck. “Oh no, I went from my reality into a dream and followed Luna into her reality, bringing my body with me!” It sounded impossible, but it was the only explanation I had. “What was that noise?” I heard talking from ahead of me and I didn’t want to stick around and find out who the voice belonged to.

I decided to run in the opposite direction, thankfully the same way as the door. Out of panic and confusion, I ran as fast as I could. I ran outside and slammed the door; unfortunately I shouldn’t have done that. The noise got the guards’ attention and I could hear the running (galloping, trotting?) this way with whistles blowing. I had one shot and dashed into the woods.

I must have run for miles but I still didn’t dare turn back around. I ran until I collapsed from exhaustion. Soon, I found myself falling asleep once more this time without Princess Luna appearing. I awoke some time later in a daze, only to find myself near a clearing with a large number of woodland creatures running around.

“This seems familiar; I’m just too confused to place it,” I said scratching my head. I wanted to get home I was hungry, annoyed, and agitated. I decided that I needed to sit and clear my head, “Ok, I am somewhere in Equestria and have no idea how to get home. So I have two choices…either ask for help, or conquer them and rule this world in its place.” As I was debating a small white rabbit hopped up to me. “I don’t suppose you know what I should do?” I was answered with a kick to the stomach as it hopped away.

“Rule this world as a king, it is.” I smiled and stood up, ready to forge my path of evil.

Author's Note:

The teen rating is for later chapters, also the next chapter will hopefully be longer.
This is my first fanfic and I'm not normally a writer so please be respectful when critiquing, thank you.