• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 375 Views, 2 Comments

A chance at change... - OMEGA9350



The future is bleak, no light, no redemption, no hero. Light Rain is a young "serumized", surviving the apocalypse and the end of the world, nothing out of the ordinary. What happens when he gets the chance to change the future?...

  • ...
 2
 375

CHAPTER 3: 1st day in a new time

After awhile of intense and tiring flying, I watch as Rainbow lands at a home among the clouds, betting it was hers I flew and land onto the doorstep, breathing heavily, "Geez... Take it easy would ya Rainbow?" She only laughs in response as she opens the door, revealing her fairly large home. I look around at the home with my mouth agape, stunned by the beauty of her home.

She nudges my shoulder and walks upwards to the stairs, where I simply comply and follow. Reaching the top I see a bed and a large window, revealing the beauty of Ponyville all around. I look at the time, revealing it to be at least 8:30 as the sun slowly sets.

I turn around hearing Rainbow yawn and she hops onto her bed, covering herself in her covers and snoring quietly. I frown and walk up to her, poking her gently. She looks at me with a perked eyebrow and an annoyed face, "What do you want! Just cause you're the new stallion in town, doesn't mean I'll ALWAYS be nice to you you know."

I look at her bed, "Well, where do I sleep then?" She sits up, blushing brightly and looking at me with a rather large grit of her teeth and frown.

"W-what!?! N-no!?! W-w-what g-gives you the thought of sleeping up here w-with m-me!?!" I try and stifle my laughter as I fall to the ground, laughing at her reaction. She replies by throwing one of her pillows at me, which hits me in the face as I fall onto my back.

"You sleep on the floor you idiot! Geez! I just met you, don't get any ideas!" I smile and laugh as I lie on the pillow and slowly drone out to sleep... Closing my eyes slowly and taking deep breaths... Hearing Rainbow snore loudly behind me...

********************************************************************************************

I wake up to the sound of an alarm beeping and the bright shine of the sun in my face from the window. I sit up to see Rainbow walking out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel and wet from an early morning shower, I blush brightly and look away, tightly closing my eyes as I stare out of the window at the sun. "Up already? I expect you to be at least still half asleep from the hit yesterday".

She laughs as she dries herself off and turns off the alarm, "If you need anything, maybe you should come downstairs and get something to eat while I make my bed."

I nod and stretch out my legs as I walk downstairs. I walk up to the sink and wash my face, feeling the cold water upon it. I dry myself and go to the refrigerator, finding a bunch of unused ingredients of eggs, cheese and many other foodstuffs.

After about a few minutes of grabbing a bunch of eggs and cheese, and using the stove, I was able to cook a beautiful omelet and place it onto the plate on the table.

"Alright so there's mine... Time to make one for rainbow..." I turn back to the stove and start to cook another omelet, I turn around with the pan to see and hear Rainbow chewing and eating on my prized treasure.

"Noooooooo!", I frown and leave the pan on the table as I look at the remains of my beautiful creation.

She giggles as she swallows the omelet, letting her cheeks go back to normal. "Oh don't whine, the one on the table seemed to look better then the one you were making, so I decided it was for me, thank you."

She smiles brightly and pats my head, I just remain silent and keep my frown, I had to resist the urge to smile though, the way she smiled and she ate the omelet, with her cheeks all puffed and stuffed with the meal, it simply made my day. I smiled and chuckled as she walks off. I then sigh and place the omelet intended for Rainbow onto the plate and start to eat it as she comes up from behind me, seeing the omelet on the plate with a bright and adorable smile.

"May I have some of that?" I frown and look at her with a bit of an annoyed look, she simply responds with a different tactic, making the most cutest puppy eyes I've ever seen.

"D'AAAAW", the only words running through my head right now, watching her make puppy eyes and pout cutely. I roll my eyes and slice off half of the omelet, pushing the plate to her.

"Here, take half." She happily giggles and takes it off of the plate with her mouth, eating it cutely as well. I just chuckle as she happily trots off to her room upstairs, obviously satisfied with her breakfast. I simply finish off the rest of the omelet and place it into the sink, washing it politely.

After I put up the dish, I hear a door open and close quickly behind me, now with a note on the door. "Off to weather duties and to buy some food, hang around the house or explore Ponyville to pass the time if you're bored, Meet you at Sugar Cube Corner at 5 p.m. sharp for lunch."

I shrug and check the time, 8 in the morning, huh. I walk out of the house and fly down to the town below, remembering a short phrase.

"Meet you at Sugar Cube Corner at 5 p.m. SHARP."

I simply stand there with my mouth agape.

"Wait a sec, did I just get asked out?"

Comments ( 2 )

Ok. I really like the premise but it moves very fast. This causes the scenes and characters to feel forced together. If you focus more on creating organic dialogue and slower character interaction this could be solved fairly easily. Nice job! Keep it up!

I'll keep that in mind, thanks
5340146

Login or register to comment