• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,055 Views, 20 Comments

The Spirit Of Order - TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos



We all know the Spirit Of Chaos. But what if there was another, not of chaos, but of order. What havoc will be released upon the world when this being finally returns?

  • ...
0
 20
 1,055

Stabilize

Chapter 3- Stabilize


Darkness.

Everything was black.

As Constance registered this fact, she heard a faint high-pitched noise at the edge of her consciousness. She listened for a second, but unable to decipher it, she decided to ignore it and focused on getting her thoughts in order. She leapt into the darkness of her mind, forms shifting, shaping, emerging from the nothingness. The room appeared exactly as she pictured it; a vast room stretching into the distance, with a ceiling so tall that she could not see the top. The whole area was very dimly lit. The things inside the room began to take shape. Filing cabinets. The entire room was filled with filing cabinets. 'One for every moment of my life,' Constance thought. The grey boxes extended to the left of the Spirit, towering overhead, disappearing into the inky blackness above her. They seemed to go on forever, and they very nearly did, though Constance was sure if she began walking, she would eventually reach the end. However, how much time that would take, she was not entirely sure. She turned her head slightly to the right, looking the other direction. There was nothing there. An eerie nothing. Space to be used for times yet to come. Shaking her head slightly, she turned from the disturbing sight, and mentally took a deep breath. She began to think of what she could last remember.

First things first. She had woken up for the first time in fifteen hundred years, which was a miracle within itself. Fascinated, but finding nothing incredibly important in that, Constance filed it away in a cabinet that had appeared out of nowhere in front of her. And so she progressed, mentally sorting every moment from then on, each with its own specific cabinet labeled with a very, very long number. She continued with this until she reached the moment when Discord had reappeared into her life. Pausing, she thought hard about the emotions that had run through her.

The first had been anger. How dare he turn up right after she had woken, when he had been the reason for her leaving in the first place?! For one moment, she had wanted to leap at him at shred that stupid smirk into a million pieces. Only for one moment though, as she had shoved that emotion down within the next second.

The second emotion had been shock. How could she have not known he was coming? Why had she not sensed him before? She should have known he was there! The failure of her abilities did not make sense as they had worked well enough merely seconds later. She abhorred things that did not make sense.

The third and final emotion was confusion. Why would he have come? He hated her as much as she did not like him. And what exactly was the purpose of bringing those colorful ponies that he had used to so despise? For that matter, what was the point of bringing that alicorn? Was he trying to create an effect on her emotions, or did he genuinely bring them along because he wanted to, or rather, because they wanted to come?

All of those emotions had happened within five seconds, each subsequently being shoved to the back of her mind to be examined later. A short-term but effective way of keeping her emotions in check. After all, emotions were for the weak and illogical, of which the Spirit was anything but.

Successfully purging the emotions from that moment, she filed the information away. Having a burst of curiosity, she mentally glanced at the number on the file folder. It read 'Moment 793, 562, 781, 349, 828, 243, 749, 638, 497, 325, 304, 921, 754, 3-'. The Spirit lost her place as the high-pitched noise echoed through her mental shield, sounding strangely metallic in the enormous, virtual storage room.

Face baring the slightest hint of annoyance, she glared at the nonexistent ceiling. Ignoring the incoherent sound once more, she continued her meditation, skipping over the duller parts of the encounter.

Discord had grabbed her. A small detail, probably overlooked by everyone but herself, but the draconequus had grabbed her shoulder, just for a second. She shuddered from the memory. The Spirit of Order had the most annoying touch-telepath ability, and with his touch, his mind and emotions had barraged her mental shields, his sheer chaoticness shaking her to the core. She had felt his anger, distrust, concern, urgency, and the most random craving for candy all at once, and as he had released her, she had been too shocked to completely register what he had said. Thankfully, she had been able to get the gist of it, so she did not have to ask him to repeat himself.

Fascinated by the moment, Constance turned and stuck it in a small cardboard box labeled 'Things To Think About Later'. She skipped forward to the last few moments she could remember, still ignoring the noise, which she had just realized was a voice.

The last few moments were possibly the most perturbing of the whole incident.

Malade.

The name alone brought uncharacteristic shivers down the cat's spine. Malade, an enemy she had fought long ago. The evil spirit brought sickness, dangerous weather, and despair in his wake, and he was incredibly powerful, nearly as powerful as herself. In fact, the only reason she had been able to defeat him and seal him in the Everfree Forest was because she had joined forces with Dis-

She paused. She had joined forces with Discord. But why? The two could not even bear each other's presence for long before they began to argue; why would they agree to help each other? She searched her mind for a reason, becoming confused as she came up blank. She turned and stared at the filing cabinets. 'This does not make sense. I remember everything; the proof for that is right in front of me. Why can I not explain this?' The Spirit thought, nearly worried. As she thought, a sudden explanation appeared in her mind. 'Ah, yes, we had worked together because there was no other way to defeat Malade. They had then went their separate ways. Correct?' She stopped again. She had a nagging feeling, as if this information was not correct, not in the slightest. But it had to be correct. She, the Spirit of Order, had every moment of her life filed away perfectly. 'I can not be wrong. Of course this is correct. It is the only logical explanation.' She filed the matter away, carefully avoiding the remaining confusion revolving around the subject.

'What was the final thing that happened? Oh, yes, the weather went ballistic and there was a sound like an explosion and everything went dark. I wonder what caused that?' Unable to answer that question at that time, she put it in the cardboard box and sat down.

Finally finished with the meditation, she let the mental room fade away. The dull grey cabinets went first, then the dim lighting faded and the Spirit was left in the utter darkness of the depths of her mind. Composed and stabilized, she allowed her attention to turn to the voice. It was discernable now, but it sounded slow, as if a film was taken and slowed down to create a comical effect. That was to be expected, as the outside world had always seemed to move at a slower pace than her consciousness. Still listening closely, she mentally formed a bridge toward the voice. As she stepped onto the path, she could feel her body waking up, and she felt herself physically move. She could sense the distinction from dream to reality and the dream was melting away. The last thing she could register from the trance was reaching the other side of the bridge. It then melted away completely and the voice sped up, becoming even higher in pitch, causing the cat to press her ears flat against her head. Attempting to sit up, Constance blinked her eyes open and was immediately startled back into her lying position by the sudden appearance of a creature right in front of her nose.

'The pink one. Of all the other ponies, I had to be woken up by the pink one.'

Author's Note:

Well, that was rather short, and kind of a filler, but I think it was necessary to delve deeper into Constance's character, as from the outside she is rather hard to read.

I've been super busy with school, but hopefully I can get out a chapter every weekend.

Okay, so if you guys liked this, please follow, favorite, review, tell me why you liked it! If you found any mistakes or just want to ask me a question, please ask! I run off my reviews; they motivate me to write, so please tell me what you think! See you guys next chapter!

-TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

Comments ( 8 )

of coerce pinky wakes her up who else would

3142545 Rofl, just you wait. Hopefully the next chapter will be very humorous indeed. :pinkiehappy:

3142970 Well, I certainly can't wait to hear your thoughts after you've read it! :D

3153011 Yeah... I'm sorry about the rushing of it. I'm thinking of going back and rewriting the beginning. Also, she's not all-powerful, she's just like Discord. And she is going to have a lot of flaws, and I think there is a lot of room for character development. So, I apologize that you did not like it, but...

Also, my second OC? Constance is the only one. What other OC?

3176564 Oh, lol, sorry. My expertise on Fanfiction slang is limited. Thank you for enlightening me.
I have a question. Do you think it would be best if I went back and rewrote what I've written so far, to include character development and less rushing? Do you think that would make the story better in your eyes?

Login or register to comment