• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 364 Views, 6 Comments

Never Forget - Zuke117



A story about an orphan who is taken in by a family which has a Philly who suffers from cancer. Between helping her and dealing with the school bully and a father who generally disapproves of him, he has a hard life.

  • ...
 6
 364

Chapter 7: That Sense of Humor

The was sun beating down brazenly upon the funeral service’s outdoor activates though it seemed much less of a funeral and more of a party.

People where laughing, children where playing, and people where in tutus. Everypony was in tutus, including Aster and Severus. At the side of the funeral there was a marketer selling all shapes and sorts of tutus and other obscure objects. While stallions wore tutus, mares wore completely unmatching clothing.

Lily was wearing a blue shirt with gold heartstrings and red pants with black plaid. Aster was wearing a blue tutu with yellow poke-a-dots and thick blocker glasses. Severus was wearing a white tutu with golden bracelets and had his mane in a bun. Auburn was wearing a black and white tutu with a clown nose on.

“Her sense of humor was… “ Auburn tried to muster up some form of insult, but couldn’t for the passed Calla.

Aster thought back to when Calla had said she didn’t want anypony to be sad when she died. A small smile form across his face as he dipped his head. Checking around to make sure everypony was here he mentally checked off each pony separately.

Mister Limplegs aka Snowrun was talking to some young colt dressed up as a pirate, and in his yellow poke a dotted tutu he looked quite fitting. Snickering silently to himself, Aster’s eyes swayed over to what he believed was Snowrun’s wife. A white mare, which was with a small foal, probably only even a month old. The young infant was pretty much normal apart from the fact he was having a blast and Snowrun’s wife also seemed to be in normal attire sadly… oh well, can’t win them all. After a second or so of looking around, he saw other physicians in all different colors and tutus but he found one pony missing.

Where was Luo?

Aster eyes searched all around to try and find the pony but to no avail. Turning over towards Auburn he poked his shoulder.

“Have you seen Luo?”

“L-u-o who?” Auburn paused for a second staring at Aster before it hit him, “Oh, yes… her brother. I guess you met him when he visited Calla a month ago?”

“Yeah, you know him?”

“Not much, he was disowned from the family just after I was assigned to Calla as a private teacher.”

“Hmm… he is rather late… “

“He probably skipped.” Severus intervened with his majestic bun and white tutu flowing in the wind.

“Why would he do something like that? I mean… this is his sister!” Aster said, appalled by the thought.

“He has always been like this. Always missing important events intentionally… its quite sad.”

Aster looked towards the white casket, thinking about how Luo had placed that calla flower on Calla back in the hospital.

“Maybe he already said goodbye?”

“Him? Doubt it. He probably just doesn’t want to see her again. He has always been… a very jealous pony.”

“Well, I guess we should start then… “

“Will every pony willingly so speak their final words before we lay this pony to rest?” The announcer called out, snapping everypony away from their play and ordering them into a single file. “Severus, you first.” He seemed to order as he stepped off of the stool that made him look so tall.

Severus cleared his throat, as he tried not to look nervous, “All good things must come to an end and though it may hurt less and less by each days passing, it will still forever hurt none the less. Because we’re all picked from the same meadow, and once we’re picked, we begin to wilt.”

“Next, Madame Lily.”

“I loved her, she was my little girl. I expected and hoped for her to grow older and have a family and get rid of this.. curse.. but no. I suppose though that for every happy day there is another sad one, and one thing for sure is all these happy memories of her will forever outshine the sadness.” Lily spoke as every pony became rather forlorn.

“Sir Aster?”

Aster had been preparing for this moment. Carefully stepping forward onto the stool, he turned to face all the tri-colored ponies in tutus and ridiculous clothing as he felt a twinge of nervousness come over him.

“Just imagine them in their underware… “ He spoke silently to himself, before he opened his eyes much to his horror before shutting them again.

He then felt something come over him, and though they may not of been the best words to speak at the end of a funeral, he found them proper.

“I remember back when we were in the park, and she asked me:”

“What happens when you die?”

And I said, “You forget everything... Everything.

“Even you?” She asked.

“Yes, even me.”

She did not want to die.

Never forget.

Comments ( 3 )

2863026 <--- Is that how you do that? -Flails onto ground like a magikarp.- And I like that answer xD

2863044. Ah, Magikcarp, the pokemon no one understood.

2878832 Yeah, the story is still waiting to be edited by the several thousand people who decide to either go inactive as soon as I ask them to do it or forget.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Login or register to comment