• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 364 Views, 6 Comments

Never Forget - Zuke117



A story about an orphan who is taken in by a family which has a Philly who suffers from cancer. Between helping her and dealing with the school bully and a father who generally disapproves of him, he has a hard life.

  • ...
 6
 364

Chapter 3: The New Daily

The blood poured down Asters lip as the sounds of cheering ponies faded in and out. His blue eyes swayed their way to face the pile of blood that lay before him, the blood from his broken nose adding on to it as he heaved himself backwards and up.

Bluesky was fast, very fast. For the blunderbuss he was he was fast, and strong. The two fighting had become quite the common occurrence much to his newfound family’s displeasure.

Aster looked up for a second, his horn beginning to glow. Just then, blue feathers slammed into his features as blood sprayed onto them. He forced himself to look back up, only to get a hoof in the right eye. He stumbled back, his features burned with pain as he tried to see out of his right eye to no avail. Jumping back and missing another kick that would’ve been sure to take out his other eye, Aster growled and tried to regain his breath.

How the pegasi could just keep going like that of the earth ponies was AMAZING. He had to have been fighting Aster for at least an hour now, but still kept on ticking. Aster gasped as he lunged left and kept from a full on tackle in the head. Twisting around, he charged and slammed into Bluesky’s flank, the two toppling over each other. It only made sense the larger colt Bluesky was on top.

Aster scrambled as Bluesky pulled a hoof back, a sadistic smile upon his lips as just when he slammed it down aiming for Aster’s good eye Aster pulled right and slammed his horn into the chest of the pegasi to little effect, but that wasn’t what he wanted to do. The horn was still lit red, and with a quick charge a large beam of fire-red light engulfed both of the colts.
After the light had unraveled and the smoke had cleared, Aster laid nearly limply across from the Bluesky to which was merely bruised from the circumstances.

“You really are a weak-thing aren’t yea?” Remarked the pegasi as he prepared for another charge. Aster shut his eyes, trying to protect them as he felt the pegasi head-butt into Aster’s gut. He originally thought that would’ve been the worst part, but then he hit the back-wall of the alley. Aster could hear a distinctive crushing sound in his bones as he gasped.

“TAKE THAT!” The pegasi shouted as he then slammed his hooves repeatedly against the side of Aster’s head happily.

And then darkness.

Darkness.

He wouldn’t have been able to remember how long he was out, but upon awaking he found himself scrambling out of a comfy pillow. He stared at the red pillow casing for a long moment, before a noise alerted him.

“You know, daddy really doesn’t like it when you get into fights.” A bold white earth pony spoke at the side of his bed.

“Really, now?” Questioned Aster as he winced, looking down towards his chest, which was covered in bandages.

“You should get some sleep. Mom said you broke a few ribs and got a black eye, also broke your nose… you’re really stupid for getting into a fight like that.”

“I don’t need to take advice from a little filly.” Aster sneered as he glared at Calla.

“Yes, you do.” Her tone suddenly sounded MUCH less childish.

“No, I don’t.”

“YES, you do.”

“Fine.” Aster said, glaring at the little filly that was now getting in his face. “I do.”

“Good! The first step to fixing a problem is finding out you have a problem!” The filly said happily, as Aster scooted away.

“Anyways, mom made sure I changed your bandages so yeah! Spread open your legs!”

“W-what?” Aster snorted, scooting against the wall.

“Excuse me, move your arms!” Calla said happily as the earth pony took hold of the wrapping and began to unwind the old bandages.

“Okay… “

It was painful. Like the bandages kept Aster from exploding, and upon their removal his body tensed as the bruised skin met the cold air. It actually felt like the bandages dammed the pain from breaking out and once it was removed the pain flowed out. Grimacing as the young filly tried to be quick with the wrapping.

“Right!” She said, leaning back to admire her handy-work. “There we go!”
Aster looked down at his chest, expecting to see horrible wrapping, but instead it was very clean. When he turned to ask Calla if she had done this before, he spotted her putting a red bow like from a Christmas gift onto his chest.

“Wha... what is that?”

“A bow silly!” The filly said, “It’s a present!”

“But its not even close to Christmas... RIGHT?” The colt said, a cold sweat beaming over him as he imagined falling into a coma and awaking months after on Christmas… or even after it.

“Yea, it is! Sorry I forgot to tell you that you slept so long.. “
He was right, he HAD slept that long. His face turned pale and he poured into a cold sweat, he had to learn when the Royals started their rein and fast!

“Just kkiiiddddiiinnnnggggg!” The filly jumped up and down across his room,” But you should’ve seen YOUR FACE!” She busted into laughter, falling onto her back.

“How... how long was I out?” The colt said, though his pride was aching with pain right now, he needed to know.

“Well, its night now. So about a few hours.” The filly said happily twisting away.

“Okay, well... “ He’ll admittedly say he wasn’t too fond of the bald filly, but he didn’t need to live with her in order to like her.

Pulling himself off of the bed frame, he twisted his way over towards the door. His magic aura lit around the doorknob as he twisted it and pulled, opening up the door so he could walk through. It is safe to say he was surprised when he saw Severus standing next to him almost instantly.

“You’re staying in there.” He growled at Aster.

“What?”

“You heard me. You’re staying in there.”

“No I’m not!” Growled Aster, since the room was quite small he did not want to stay in there all day.

“Yes, you are.” Severus said firmly, glaring.

Aster swore his glare was always worse then Snowrun aka Mister Limplegs. He assumed that since they apparently worked together Snowrun got it off of him. Aster knew though that he would have to get use to standing up to Severus if he where to live here. Might as well start now.

“No, I’m going for a walk!” He yelled which obviously escalated the conversation quickly.

“NO, you’re NOT!” Severus said, twice as loud as Aster.

“YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!”

“UM, YES, I CAN.” With each come back, their words got louder, though Severus’ remained the loudest.

“GET OUT OF MY WAY!” Aster ordered the stallion, his horn emitting that red aura threateningly.

“Get. In. There.” Sneered Severus, twisting to his side and with a surprising burst of speed he was next to Aster.

Aster couldn’t even flinch. He thought Bluesky was fast but this stallion was triple that speed and strength. He soon felt the hoof prints of Severus dig into his side and breaking the remained of his unbroken ribcage bones.
He found himself hitting the wall adjacent from the door. Growling, he scrambled to get upright, but to no avail. Severus’ blow was just too strong. It was only a matter of time before something broke out between the two, but why did he have to kick him in here? He growled, his head swiveling in the direction of Severus who lay dormant in the doorway, waiting to get Asters attention.

“You’re grounded for as long as you’re suspended from school.” The stallion sneered, as Aster noticed Lily behind him, tugging him away gently.

He didn’t know he was suspended from school, but apparently he was. He assumed it was for the fight. He betted that Bluesky had said he started the fight even though it was him who jumped Aster. Limping over towards the bed as the door slammed shut, he decided it would be best to wallow a bit in his bed. Alone.

Author's Note:

Aster got suspended from school because of Bluesky's pull around the school. They said simply he started it and wala.

>,< I forgot to cover that in this chapter.