• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 233 Views, 1 Comments

Nomad - Sir Meowington



After several days of research Twilight opens a portal to anotehr world.

  • ...
 1
 233

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Dust. That is my world now. I can't remember a time where the sky wasn't clouded or the last time I saw something living. As I sit here in the ashes of my world I take in it's splendor. I'm surrounded by dunes of ash and dust stretching as far as I can see and the sky is nothing but a rumbling gathering of black fetid clouds. I don't know why it brings me comfort but it does. I can't remember the last time I saw one of my own kind. Did they all die? I can't remember...

I rise to my feet feeling the cold dust shift under me, and I begin my walk. It's all I have left to do now is walk. I have no were to go in particular so I just...walk. Maybe I do it in hope that I will find something or someone? Or perhaps I do it to stop me from going mad? I'm not sure myself. I don't understand my purpose anymore... I'm sure I had one I must have had a purpose at some point. But now what is there for me to do? I ask myself these questions everyday because hey are all I have now.

The wind has picked up...I sometimes feel like this world is angry, like it has been betrayed and forgotten. Or perhaps it sad and crying over a loss? I can't remember... I can't remember anything these days except for one thing. I remember my name. My name is Nomad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle sat in her library her face firmly planted in one of her many books. She had been awake for several days now, and seemed to be slipping into a mad delirious state. Her mane was messy with dark purple strands of hair sticking up into the air and her eyes were tired and blood shot.

''Twilight... Maybe you should put the books down and get some rest''
Spike suggested but received no response from the busy mare as she continued to flicker through the pages of her book.

''Twilight!''
Twilight dropped her book startled by the sudden outburst.

''Huh! What?''
She said as she looked at Spike confused.

''Maybe you should get some rest you've been awake for three days!''
Twilight let out a small moan of frustration while blowing a stand of her from her face

''Spike! I can't I'm so close to finishing my experiment. If I have this right I should be able to open a trans dimensional window''
Spike stared confused causing Twilight to grumble.

''A portal spike!''

The small dragon's eyes widened
''W-why would you want to open a portal?''

''Isn't it obvious Spike! If my research is correct then there should be multiple dimensions and worlds out there! Think of all the things we could learn!''
She exclaimed while waving her front hooves in the air to emphasize her point.

''Couldn't that be dangerous though?''

''Relax spike, It's perfectly safe''

''If you say so...'' The purple reptile said not entirely convinced.

Twilight quickly jumped to all fours and stood in the center of the library. She took a firm stance and a strong purple aura covered her horn. The library started to shake as several books opened and floated next to twilight. Spike back away nervously with beads of sweat appearing on his head.

''Twilight maybe this isn't such a good idea''

''I-it's fine Spike''

She said through gritted teeth as she focused more and more. A small sphere of light began to glow in front of Twilight and began to gradually get bigger and bigger. The library began to shake violently causing book shelves to fall over, Spike held on to the nearest counter as the orb of light continued to grow.
''Twilight! stop!''

''I've almost got it!''

Twilight face was red and sweating as she focused harder and harder, she could feel it! Another world and she was opening a window into it. Suddenly with a blinding flash of light the library was consumed with a bright aura of pure white and all noise was drowned out into silence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this? I have never seen a light like this before. As I walk towards it it feels...warm? This does not belong here. Something so bright and full of hope doesn't fit in here, and yet I'm walking towards it, why? I see it's making it's presence known the dust of the world flees from this light. Maybe this is what I've been looking for? Is this my purpose to find the light? as cliche as it sounds maybe it is.

As I approach this light it get's stronger it's almost blinding. What are you? I feel a presence, I feel someone reaching out to me. Should I reach back? I reach forward into the light, it feels...different, it feels alive and not dead. As my hand breaches the light I'm consumed by it. I can no longer see anything, There's nothing but the light. But I feel something approach, what is it?

What is this place?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight sat in shock and so did Spike. A portal no longer stood before them but an entity did. Twilight stared in fear at this scary creature. It was very tall it must have been about 7 feet tall. It's hair was long and white and dangled down past it's shoulders. It's skin matched it's hair it was beyond white with no color at all. It wore what looked like black leather covering it entire body. But what scared her the most was it's jet black eyes so empty and dark it sent a shiver down the young unicorns spine.

The entity stood and stared back at Twilight and tilted it's head

''Ah!'' Twilight screamed and quickly backed up as the creature raised it's hand and felt it's face.

''What is this place?'' It said in a deep ragged voice

It can talk! Twilight thought to herself. At this point she didn't know what to do. The entity took a step forward and another towards Twilight until he stood over her.
''What is this place?'' It asked again as Twilight stared frozen as it's eyes gazed down at her.

Author's Note:

This is my first fan fic EVER! So I would appreciate it if you was a good sport and gave it and read. I'm sorry if it's terrible it's a small idea I had and just needed to start it. I plan on writing more chapters if I think this story is good.

Thanks again
Sir Meowington.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment