• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 867 Views, 8 Comments

Spell Breaker: The Dawn - Bungus



A Spell-Breaker surfaces in the ranks in the humans. And one pony will do whatever it takes to make sure her species stays superior.

  • ...
7
 8
 867

Chapter 3: Coming Storms and Drinking Buddies

Luna was sitting with her head in her hands, bored out her mind, in her own little room in the very dungeon she was destroyed a few moments ago. She tried using her magic to get her a way out, but her dear sister had thought of everything and placed a nullification spell over the room to either drain Luna of her magic or cancel out any of her spells. So with no way out, and nothing to do, she calmly waited in the confines of her cell.

She felt regret for the guards she fought. None of them died, at least by her hand. Man were in the crossfire of hers and the captain's spells. 'That lumbering idiot. I don't know why 'Tia extended his life this long.', she thought with a grumble. Ever since Celestia saw his "exceptional" performance she lengthened his life to four times of an average pony. Although she never saw, or chose not to see, how rowdy he was in his early years of his position. He discriminated heavily against the humans under him, usually subjecting them to grunt labor or lowly acts of public embarrassment.

That treatment left a bad taste in her mouth. She never particularly like the humans, but she had nothing to hate them for. She sighed as she remembered the day when her father summoned them. A peculiar race they were for a time. But nevertheless, they were loyal to the crown (although there being several rogue mercenary companies here and there). She also remembered the day they were sealed in stone shortly after her father's death. She always pondered that in her heart and in her mind if that was 'Tia's decision to make. After all, they had helped in the Battle of Stalliongrad and took back almost half of the continent from the cold clutches of Chrysalis. Whether it was jealousy for their fame in the Great War instead of the sun princess herself or she just didn't like them Luna still thought they were wrongly imprisoned.

Her sister wasn't as perfect as the public meant her out to be and neither was she, but the ponies downright worshipped her. She chuckled a bit as the image of Twilight with a lock of her sister's hair under her pillow.

And so it went on like this for what seemed like hours. Her mind wandered from politics to what brand of bread she ate that morning. She sat in her empty cell looking for something to so but alas, she found nothing... wait a second. She face-palmed in the thought of why she hadn't done this sooner. She couldn't practice magic in this room, but she could make a construct in the dream realm. Where she could escape the world and not worry about anything, while peacefully ruling her own little kingdom in her dream.

The only thing that was required was concentration and sleep. She lied down in the middle of the room, since no bed was provided, and began to breathe deeply. Focusing on her mind, she willed herself to sleep.

And so she destroyed the empty canvas of her dream realm with splotches of color and shapes. Eventually she created what she thought to the perfect world. Land fertile with great fields of flowers, ponies and humans alike living in peace with not one 'PONIES ONLY' signs adorning the shops and restaurants, and general prosperity with her moon over head guiding the children throughout the night.

She summoned to herself a drink and pressed it to her lips to sip the cool drink, basking in the glow of her imagination, but as the first bits of strawberry flavor reached her senses her dream collapsed as a harsh knock was delivered to the door. Getting up off the floor she shook the taste of the sweet nectar from her dreams off her lips. And before she could fully get off the ground she was hurled off her feet and into the hard, unforgiving wall behind her. She shook off the impact and looked up to see her sister in all her radiant glory. Her pissed off glory. Staring deep into her sister's blazing magenta eyes, she felt a shudder travel up her spine.

And this time Luna bore no glare of defiance.

/oOo\

'Ah, shit. What happened last night?', Leo thought as he was laying in bed... one that wasn't his own. 'Well ain't this just peachy. And what in the name of Tartarus is that beeping noise.'

Trying to roll over to investigate, he felt his wrists bound to the bed. 'Great, she was into some kinky stuff.', he thought. Although, when he opened my eyes, expecting to see a cheap hotel room or a girl's bedroom, he was met with a really bright light.

Shaking the spots in his vision away, he regained his vision bit by bit. When his vision returned fully, he saw he was in a hospital gown and an IV drip in his arm. And the annoying beeping noise that assaulted his ears was the steady rhythm of a heartbeat monitor.

'Hot damn, what I...', he thought before the previous events finally caught up to him. The dungeon, the cell, Luna... the explosion. Then... nothing. 'What the hell happened? Why am I still alive?', he thought incredulously. 'I mean, they should be cleaning me off the floor of the dungeon right now. I don't even have a scratch on me. Sooooooo...' Leo threw the covers off himself, disconnected the IV and, swung his legs over the side of the bed. Though his actions were interrupted by the door opening abruptly and some golden-clad guards coming neatly through the door. Followed by Princess Celestia herself.

'I'm fucked.'

"Hello Leonidas, I wish we could meet under different circumstances but current situations have made things complicated." She began. "Now I want to ask you something," she said looking the Leo in the eyes. "do you know what happened right before the explosion?"

"N-no. I remember that monster chasing me through the halls, you coming in, Luna's spell racing towards the creature and... nothing after that." He responded, causing the princess to exhale a breath she didn't know she was holding. "But princess, ho-"

"Good, now that that business is done, I would like to introduce you to the reason you were in that dungeon." she said, cutting off the man. "Let's give a warm welcome to Duncan Uzoston." The guards brought in a tall boy in chains not that much younger than the current patient in the room. He had jet black hair that fell to his shoulders, green eyes, and skinny body that hadn't seen food in weeks.

His eyes wandered around the room frantically, jerking form the princess to Leo laying on the bed. After about a minute of standing there one of the guards got impatient a delivered a blow to the back of the boy's knees, making him collapse on the hospital floor and his shackles jingle.

"This boy, Duncan, was the one to rob the noble. He was found guilty through his own confession in court while you were out. He will be sent to the dungeons if you would like to press charges on him." the princess stated. Each word made the boy cringe, until he started crying. A small sob that was like what a small, afraid and alone puppy would make.

Duncan looked up at me with pleading eyes, words on his lips but not a peep coming out. Though, even though he almost ruined my career in Chief, I couldn't bear to send him to the very place I had gotten out of.

"No." this caused the boy to stop crying and look up at me, with hope in those green eyes.

"No?" the princess asked, her mouth open in a slight gasp. "This boy almost ruined your life. And you want him to run free?"

"I didn't say that." Leo started. "He will be punished, but not in the dungeons. He will serve me in my business in Canterlot, take care of my house while I'm gone, and... how old are 'ya kid?"

"N-nineteen." the boy said for the first time.

"All right kid your final duty is to be a good drinking buddy when I'm on leave." Leo finished.

"Good to know you have a new friend." Celestia said. "All right, Leonidas, you are set to leave." she said, motioning with her hand for her guards to leave. Leo got up out of bed and went for the door but was stopped by Celestia. "Leonidas. Are you sure this is wise?" Celestia asked in a hushed tone.

"Very. When I look at him, I see a kid who was desperate and saw an opportunity to end it. Frankly, I would have done the same thing in his situation." he said moving past her and walking through the door. "Oh," he called, turning on his heel and leaning on the door looking at Celestia. "Call me Leo." He turned to Duncan. "You coming or what?"

Duncan looked over to Celestia, who looked at him and unlocked his cuffs. He quickly got off the floor and scurried over to Leo.

Celestia heard a faint "Thanks" as she heard the two men exit the room. "This wasn't very wise." she said to herself.

For a while she was silent, just standing in the room that the human was previously staying in. This caused anyone walking past to do a double-take at the princess standing in an empty room. But she was expecting someone. She waited a total of a half an hour, until an old lavender-haired friend of hers burst through the door.

"You wanted to see me?" she asked curiously.

"I want you to follow someone." the sun princess said with a smirk.

/oOo\

The two men exited the hospital and walked the streets of Canterlot. For a while the boy was content with following the lieutenant, but after a while his stomach rumbled causing the man to turn.

He had a smile on his face as he asked one of the best things the boy had ever heard.

"Which bar you want to go to?"

Author's Note:

BANG BANG BANG

"ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT, I'M PUSHING THE BUTTON AS WE SPEAK! PUT THE FREAKING GUN DOWN!"

So guys that that. So um enjoy because I'm awesome.

Again I need OC's, If you leave a dislike and don't say why you did it I will eat your babies and sacrifice their souls to Tom Cruise, yada yada yada.

Hoped ya enjoyed.

Comments ( 1 )

My response to the author's note: No, keep the gun up! This guy's eating babies for crying out loud! (and apparently the idiot with the gun is a horrible shot)

Login or register to comment