• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 867 Views, 8 Comments

Spell Breaker: The Dawn - Bungus



A Spell-Breaker surfaces in the ranks in the humans. And one pony will do whatever it takes to make sure her species stays superior.

  • ...
7
 8
 867

Prologue-B@#$% be trippin'

A dark-robed figure stalked through the corridors of the Changeling Hive, nearing the war room. He walked quickly knowing that he was late to this meeting and that it would probably cost him his entrails splattered against the wall, but he was more loyal to his queen than fearful.

This made him perfect for her little missions as most guards were the exact opposite, fearing a painful annihilation over serving dutifully. This made him chuckle each and every time he saw her walk through the halls and every guard almost shitting themselves when her gaze would wash over them.

He had run many little missions for her plots to stay in power for almost twelve years, each one seemingly meaningless and redundant. But not his latest mission, which had taken him to Canterlot. The mission was simple: spread a rumor through the castle, secure some documents, and get out before Celestia could raise the sun. Even though he knew that this was a routine mission for many changelings in his position, he couldn't help but feel that this mission in particular was special in some way.

With a few minutes of navigating through the corridors of the Hive, he came to a stop outside the war room. His hands slightly trembled as he hesitated to open the solid oak doors, not wanting to face his fate. Within the next few moments he collected enough courage to twist the handle to the doors of the war room.

He entered to one of the most expensive rooms in the whole Changeling Hive. The whole room was at least a fifty-by-fifty foot room with black marble floor, a one hundred foot tall dome with various paintings depicting great battles and victories of their history, the walls had hundreds if not thousands of maps decorating almost every inch of Equestria, several banners hung of the walls with her insignia blazing on it, and to top it all off, a solid onyx table with gold engravings sat in the middle of the room, which three powerful beings sat around.

His eyes wandered around the room, not wanting to meet the queen's. To his surprise, he found he was not alone with the queen as he had expected. Two of her three generals had joined them today, much to the spy's displeasure. The robed generals remained as statues as he walked in, the only thing visible under their hood were their eyes. Both unnaturally terrifying.

'I wonder if those rumors are true, that if you stare into his eyes you'll be rendered comatose only knowing nightmares until you wake up.' the spy thought as his gaze flicked over the taller one, 'Or if that one actually did slaughter a village, because one pony sneezed in his direction.' referring to the shorter one.

His footsteps seemed like thunder claps, echoing in the tall room, as he approached them. Within about fifteen feet he kneeled before his queen. A chill ran down his spine as he felt three pairs of cold eyes set upon him. He dared not move, at the fear of disembowelment. His mind raced with just how many ways he could be tortured to death if he made a fool of himself in front of her and her generals.

"Was your mission a success?" she asked, her voice cold and unnerving, sitting on her dark throne at the head of the table, "Was the trap set for the princess?"

"Y-yes, my queen." he answered, he presented the documents to her, not lifting his head. A sickly green magic enveloped them as they were levitated to the powerful mare and her generals. After some time of her and her generals' eyes flicking through the parchment, she flashed a wicked grin. Her horn unexpectedly flashed a sick green and the pieces of parchments burst into green flames, incinerating them in seconds.

He watched in silent anger as his mission objectives, were burned and forgotten. The very documents he had risked his life to secure from Luna's private chambers, were discarded. Hell, he had lost two fingers in a little skirmish outside the castle with a few keen-eyed, bat-pony guards. He had risked his life for twelve years in service to her and he was treated like dirt.

"My queen... " the spy asked from his kneeling position for permission to speak.

"Yes, speak Jaryx." she responded.

"If I may ask... Why did you burn the documents?" Jaryx, the spy, asked.

"No evidence my dear," the queen responded in a flat tone, "And besides, these documents weren't specifically important."

Jaryx tremble now with anger.'I finally see why the guards think she's a bitch. She certa-. Oh fuck me.' He thought in pure terror as he forgot his queen could read minds.

And after each mission she read his thoughts to make sure he wasn't telling falsehoods or secretly cavorting with her enemies. Namely, the humans. Disgusting creatures, recently brought of their stone hiding places to combat an uprising. Now they were given freedom, because they had now saved Equestria twice. But he knew that was just common folly. He knew that if they had suddenly disappeared again, there would be certain questions that ponies in power wouldn't want to answer.

She scowled at his thoughts of her, much to just make him soil himself. She knew that the guards feared her and she could smell the products of that fear each time she walked past them in the halls of the Hive.

"I-I'm sorry my q-queen." the spy spoke in a rushed and terrified way, "I do-d-do not know what caused su-such blasphemous thoughts to c-come fro-om my m-mind. I seek your great and mer-merciful forgiveness." he said quivering in fear.

She placed her hand to her chin in fake consideration and held that pose for a few moments. Moments, that felt like years to the veteran assassin. He could already feel the branding iron burning away his flesh, and the slow and deliberate meat cleaver, hacking cutting through his fingers, slowly moving north to his wrist and elbow. He would die a slow and painful death for this mistake with his usual silver tongue.

The terrifying queen chuckled to herself as she continued to read his mind, taking notes occasionally whenever he came across a torture method she had not thought of. She came to a conclusion on his fate, he would not die in the torture chambers. With his "specific" fate in mind she stood up off her throne and began to walk over to her beloved spy. She made her steps slow and deliberate, savoring the emotions coming off her assassin.

Within two feet of her spy, she stopped. She took a moment to look into his eyes, the eyes she always thought beautiful on the changeling for twelve years. She saw terror, pure fear in his eyes as she stood over him. She reared back her hand, as though to strike him, but instead she brought her hand down slow and rested it on his cheek, softly caressing it. She leaned down to his ear, replacing her hand with her cheek, feeling tears stream down his face. She held there. Just waiting to build up suspense.

"I forgive you." her words breaking the silence in the room.

The sobbing drone could not believe his ears. His brain could not register the joy and relief he was feeling. "Thank you, my great queen." Jaryx said, tears coming not out of fear now, but of joy. He let out his breath he did not know he was holding and sent a silent thank you to any gods that were listening.

She stood back up, turning around on her heel as she did so, and walked back to her dark throne. Although, without the spy's knowing, she discreetly nodded to one of her pawns. This one in particular was known for his extreme loyalty towards his queen and had a reputation of turning ponies inside out for stating anything negative about her. He flashed a toothy grin as his eyes flashed green and leaked a black smoke and started to walk towards the weeping stallion. His approach to the crying changeling completely silent to him.

'Oh thank the gods!' Jaryx thought still thankful for the mercy of his queen, ' I thought for sure I would meet my end a-' his train of though was cut of when he felt one of the queen's generals put a hand on his shoulder and leaned in just like his queen had done earlier

"Doesn't mean I do." he whispered sinisterly. And with those words of his, he plunged his fist into the spy's chest, leaving it in for a few seconds before he retracted it, now with a still pumping lump of flesh in his hand. The changeling spy looked up to general and back down to the hole in his torso.

"Y-yo-y-you bitch." Jaryx said with his last breath, as blood flowed out of the mangled stallion's chest cavity, as he died much to the queen's displeasure.

'Third time this week' she thought to herself nonchalantly.

The green-eyed stallion cackled and walked back to his position near the queen's throne, heart still in hand and blood all over his robes. When he returned to his stoic stance to the right of his queen, she leaned over and asked him in all seriousness:

"Am I really a bitch?"

Author's Note:

"Ha! Suck that, Fink"

"Yeah, yeah. Soak it all in. Now you have to publish regularly." *flashing evil grin

"Oh... BUCK. I'm so screwed."

Sooooooooo yeah, that is my first attempt at writing. Be harsh, so I can correct my mistakes. But not the kind of harsh that entails being a huge, 12 year-old, douche bag and sputtering the word "faggot" like a machine gun.