• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 4,772 Views, 131 Comments

Thirty Moons Later... - glidergirl



Pinkie Pie misses Twilight, even after over two years. But she finds out the portal is open and goes in. Let's hope she doesn't get into trouble.

  • ...
4
 131
 4,772

Chapter 3

Pinkie Pie hopped along the roads of Ponyville, quickly getting accustomed to her new form. She had to admit, it felt very strange to be a pony. Fur covering her whole body, no fingers and toes, ears on the top of your head, a tail, and a long nose. But she came to the conclusion that it was very much worth it to see Twilight again, and to soon meet the rest of her friends.

Pinkie Pie screeched to a halt when she saw a familiar looking character cross her path. This yellow mare wore brown saddlebags over her back, the buckle holding them closed in the shape of a butterfly. Her long pink mane hid most of her face, but Pinkie caught a glance at her cyan eyes.

Fluttershy!

The pony in question turned her head, smiling softly at the pink pony who had just called her name. “Oh, hi Pinkie Pie. I was just on my way to Sugarcube corner. I heard you were running out of food for Gummy, so I made him some more this morning.”

Pinkie gasped. “Gummy? No way, that’s so cool! Can I come too?” She squeaked, hopping a few times to catch up with her, now hopping at the speed Fluttershy was walking.

“O-of course. I guessed you would be. Aren’t you working right now?”

“I’m sure I am.” Pinkie Pie said with a grin, keeping the grin as she followed Fluttershy to Sugarcube Corner.

---

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have imperative news that I just learned only a few minutes ago. I don’t have too much information for you right now, but I do know this. Pinkie Pie, from the world I went to to retrieve my crown approximately two years ago, came through the portal. She found out the portal was open and wanted to come see me again. I would’ve kept her in my sight to make sure she didn’t cause trouble, but she ran off before I could discuss the situation with her. Right after I send this letter to you, I’m going to go find her.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight rolled up the letter and gave it to Spike, quickly galloping out the door to search for Pinkie Pie.

Currently, Celestia sat on her bedroom floor, relaxing as she read an intriguing novel. She hardly flinched as the letter appeared before her eyes. Her horn glowed gold as she lifted it off the floor, opening it up to read it, her expression growing more worrisome the more she read. She wasted no time writing a response, sending it quickly before rising to her hooves. She exited the room, turned to the guard outside her door and said. “Get the carriage ready. My sister and I need to get to The Crystal Empire at once.”

---

“Pinkie, could you get those cupcakes for me dear?”

“Can do Mrs. Cake!”

The true pink party pony hopped into the kitchen, putting oven slippers over her hooves before sliding the tray of delicious vanilla cupcakes out of the oven. She set them on the cooling rack, about to hop back upstairs when she heard the customer bell ring. She hopped over to the front counter, grinning at Fluttershy. “Hi Fluttershy! You here with Gummy’s new batch of food? He’s so sad that his food bowl is empty…why are you looking at me like that?”

Fluttershy’s eyes were wide, her ears drooping in fear. “P-Pinkie? How…” she squeaked as the other Pinkie Pie hopped into Sugarcube Corner.

True Pinkie squeaked in surprise. “Mirror pool!” She yelled in panic, hiding behind the counter. Human Pinkie slowly walked over to the counter, a confused look on her face. “What mirror pool? I’m not a mirror pool. How could I physically be a pool anyway? Pools can’t walk, or talk. Neither can mirrors. Well, it sometimes looks like it does since the person looking into the mirror is talking.”

“Person?” Fluttershy whimpered.

“Is that you Pinkie Pie? I’m Pinkie Pie too! Ooh, is that the Cakes? Hi Mr. and Mrs. Cake!” She waved to the stunned baker couple standing in the kitchen, fear and confusion in thier eyes. “Pinkie Pie, please don’t hide. I’m not dangerous, I Pinkie Promise.”

True Pinkie slowly poked her head up from behind the counter. “P-Pinkie Promise?

“Yep.”

”Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

The two gasped as they acted out and spoke the Pinkie Promise in unison, gasping again as the gasped in unison.

Fluttershy had by now ran out of the bakery to find Twilight.

---

Twilight galloped through the roads of Ponyville, asking ponies she passed if they’ve seen Pinkie Pie. Most of them said Sugarcube Corner, but the princess knew that pony Pinkie was at the bakery, not the Pinkie she was looking for.

“Rainbow!” she called to her vibrant friend who was flying through the sky. Rainbow Dash looked down at Twilight, landing on her hooves on the dirt path.

“Hey Twi. What’s up?”

“Have you seen Pinkie Pie?” Twilight asked.

“Well, yeah. I stopped by Sugarcube Corner for my daily dose of their apple cinnamon muffins. Ah, those are so good. Anyway, I saw her working in the kitchen.”

“No, besides there.”

Rainbow Dash tapped her chin with her hoof, trying to think of anywhere else she’s seen Pinkie Pie after that. “Now that I think about it, I think I saw her and Fluttershy heading back to Sugarcube Corner.”

Twilight’s eyes widened. “Oh no, that’s not good. If she finds her-”

“Finds who? Why do you need Pinkie Pie so badly?”

“Because, she…it’s hard to explain, I’ll tell you later.” Twilight ran off towards Sugarcube corner.

“Hey, wait for me!” The curious Rainbow Dash called, flying after Twilight. But the two screeched to a halt when they saw Fluttershy running towards them.

“Twilight, oh you’ve gotta come to Sugar cube corner, quick. It’s Pinkie. She’s…I-I don’t even know.” She stuttered.

“I was on my way there, just now. Pinkie came to the library earlier today. She’s not the normal Pinkie Pie.” Twilight said as she continued to run towards the bakery.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I told you, it’s hard to explain. Just follow me.”

---

“You have a party cannon?! Oh my gosh, that is the greatest thing ever! There’ve been so many situations where I’ve needed something like that.”

“I know! They’re so useful. I’ve even used it to beat up Changelings.”

“Ooh, what are those?”

“These creepy buggy guys that can look like anypony!”

“That’s horrible!”

“Don’t worry, Twilight’s brother and princess Cadence took care of them. Ooh, you should’ve been there, it was so cool!”

The three ponies watched in horror as the two pink ponies spoke to each other at a hundred miles an hour. Rainbow Dash leaned over to Twilight’s ear to whisper. “How are we supposed to get them to stop talking?”

The two Pinkies turned their heads, both grinning (one a bit more than the other) at Rainbow.

“Hi Dashie!”

“Oh Celestia, that’s creepy.”

Twilight sighed, taking a step forward. “Pinkie-“

”Yeah Twilight?”

Rainbow Dash shivered.

“Look, pony Pinkie, can you step forward?”

The Pinkie on the right took a step forward, smiling at her friend.

“Ok. Pinkie, remember when we had the Mirror Pool incident? And we had trouble telling you and the other Pinkies apart?”
Pinkie on the right frowned, hanging her head and nodding.

“Well, it’s even harder to tell you two apart. Here, let me explain. You all remember when I went into that other world to get my crown back from Sunset Shimmer, right?”

The four other ponies nodded.

“Well, Pinkie here – “ Twilight motioned her hoof toward Pinkie on the left. “ – is from that world. She found out the portal was open and came to visit me. She’s from a parallel universe. She’s a parallel version of our Pinkie."

“Oh, my.” Fluttershy muttered.

Twilight smiled nervously at the two pink ponies. “Now, Pinkie – “

”Yes?”

“No, you Pinkie.”

Pinkie on the left smiled. “Yeah Twilight?”

“Would it be alright with you if you wear something? Just so we can distinguish you two without having to ask or get confused.”

Pinkie nodded. “Sounds good to me. Ooh, is Rarity gonna make it? I haven’t met Rarity yet, this is so exciting!”

Twilight sighed. "Alright. And also, how about we call you Pinks? Does that sound good to you?"

Pinks nodded, grinning happily.

"Good...let's head to the Carousel Boutique."

Author's Note:

Lemme know if you don't like how short the chapters are. I'm not very good at writing in depth and I like leaving chapters off at a note of "AAAH what's gonna happen when they go there" or whatever.

I tried to make this chapter longer then the other two, and I succeeded, sorta. It's only slightly longer then the first. But I feel like Pinkie's antics made up for the length. Hope you like it. :pinkiehappy: