• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 766 Views, 27 Comments

Princess Everfree - Skylar Dunn



Have you wondered if their was ever a third Alicorn? The sun, moon and what other princess?

  • ...
4
 27
 766

Sadness, Memories, Smoke and Mirrors.

By: Chris S-V

Ugh... My head... Everfree thought.
A few moments passed and it all went black...

One month later

"Sister... Sister, what did she do to deserve this...?" Luna asked, crying.

The Sun and Moon princesses stood in front of the empty mausoleum, saddened over their loss.

“It is what would be best, dear sister.” Celestia said as they mourned over their lost sister.

"B- but why?" Luna asked.

"Because she decided it would be good if she created her own world, breaking the balance of ours." Celestia replied calmly.

“It was not her fault, she did what she thought was best for the ponies of Equestria. She does not deserve this! Can’t we do anything? Anything to bring her back? Please...” Luna begged to her sister.

"Luna, one never intends for bad things to happen, but it isn't what one intends to do, it's always what happens. I am sorry sister..." Celestia replied weakly.

Celestia was cut off by a slap to her face. “Shut the buck up! We knew her! She was our sister for Faust’s sake!” Luna yelled, her anger rising.

"Luna calm-!"

"No! I will not be quiet! It isn't fair!" Luna screeched, galloping away.

“Life isn't fair...” Was the last thing Luna heard as she left.

"They left me here to die... Why would they do that..." Everfree mumbled to herself, wandering around in her own creation.

Her sadness doubled, "Maybe they never really loved me... No, I have to stop thinking like that... Nothing good will come of it.”

"Why would you ssstop, it'sss making usss ssstronger..."

"W-what? W-who said that!?" She said whipping around.

"Look up..." The mysterious voice cackled, causing the Princesses hair to prickle.

She slowly turned her head skywards, looking deeper into the gloom, and she saw an ash grey, smokey looking serpentine creature, staring back. The only reason why she was still the is because the glowing red eyes trapped her, like how a snake freezes a bird before eating it.

It smiled.

Her eyes widened in fear as she started to back away from the creature. “W-what are you?”

"That is an unnecessary detail..."

The creature 'slithered' off of the branch and fell, only to transform into a crude replica of an alicorn pony.

“A changeling... And here I thought those were the creatures found in myths.”

"Oh believe me we are very much alive, we are just exceedingly rare. Our race was dying out before the Sun and Moon rose... So we adapted... We had to take possession of other creatures... We found out ponies were the easiest to control, but when we did possess a pony, we would become... 'Unpure'..."

"Wh-what? You possess ponies!?"

"Mmhmm... Do you object?"

" Yes! I do!"

" Well you won't..." With that spoken, the changeling then engulfed poor Princess Everfree in smoke, encircling her in itself.

"N-no what are y-you doing? Stop!" She said shaking. “You won’t get away with this!”

"Hehehe you put up quite a fight don't you? You will make a good queen..." The smoke started turning green and closing in, choking Everfree.

"Q-queen!?" She exclaimed coughing.

"Mmm... Now please be quiet, I'm almost done and I need to focus," the smoke confirmed. "Ahh there we go, now play nice."

The smoke cleared, and she looked herself over. Her wings have turned into that of a fly, her hooves now being holed. Her skin turned black and started to harden, her horn had holes too, her beautiful mane gone and turned to fins on her neck.

"W-what did you do? I look hideous!" She said, but the voice wasn't hers... "Why do I sound so strange!? What did you do!?"

"Me...?" Said the creature innocently... From her mouth! "I made you a queen... Is that bad?"

"Yes! This is wrong, very very wrong! I'm not a queen, I'm a princess!" She started to panic.

"Now hush... It's alright, just relax..." The creature said in a soothing voice.

"Okay..." Everfree complied... Starting to float away.

"Now don't you think we should have a new name? Something new for your new body, hmm?"

"Yes..." She felt lighter, happier. "But what should we be called? I can't think of anything..." She realized, although not caring.

"Oh that's alright... Just let me do all the thinking and you can sleep. Oh I got it, how about 'Chrysalis'?"

“Mmm, yes what a wonderful name... It’s perfect.”

And Princess Everfree was no more.

Comments ( 11 )

Hehehe... Well I had to basically write this chapter because Skylar was in a creativity slump... I admit I'm not a very good writer... Or even a good writer... I prefer editing. So! Don't blame her if you think- hey wait a minute, am I doing that thing when writers always think their work is terrible when it isn't?- this chapter was terrible. Blame me. If you think it was good blame her. I'm a strange being.

2812589 ...seriously? I thought what we wrote was terrible... But thanky very much.
(This is why I'm not a writer, I start to get rather... Negative...)

2812734

Silly, you're good, you basically wrote that whole chapter yourself with little to nothing from me. Just listen to the comments.

And let the comments ring from across the mountains and valleys, today we rejoice in holy matrimony. Hauula!

Comment posted by Classy Toad deleted Jul 3rd, 2013

2813969
And there it is friends the ugly truth, we have ascended from the dung from man. It is by Talos that I guide you, for I LOVE you!
Brace the powerful tacos. Watch and LEARN from me friends. LEARN!

2815286 okay... Just the bells part seemed kinda... Unnerving...

Mmmmmm. Very good chapter indeed.

Comment posted by Ice Fire deleted Jul 3rd, 2013
Login or register to comment