• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 552 Views, 2 Comments

Teachings From Those Before Us - TheChroniclerPrincess



I certain wonderbolt remembers how she got her start and what made her the flyer she is today.

  • ...
0
 2
 552

The Talk

It was about 2:00 in the afternoon when Scootaloo had finally reached her big sister's cloud home. She felt a slight aching in her hooves what with her not flying that long distance and all. She looked up at that soft, cuddly mansion in the sky, but the sky blue pegasus that she was looking for could not be found.

She opened her mouth to call out to her elder sister, but the words would not come out. Her heart felt as though it had gone to her throat. "What is wrong with me?" she whispered to herself. First flying, and now this. She couldn't understand why she had been so overwhelmed with fear lately. She was a wonderbolt. A wonderbolt for ponies' sake! Able to fly through any obstacle that came her way. What was holding her back. She let out a long and exhausted sigh as she lowered her head to look at the ground.

"I knew it would take a heck of a lot more than lightining to keep YOU down." The voice seemed to come out of nowhere and startled Scootaloo. Although she knew not where the voice had come from, she knew exactly who it belonged to. "That's my little sis. Tough as nails."

Scootaloo raised her head and placed her gaze upon a nearby tree. Her startled look began to fade as she formed a gigantic grin. Up upon a high branch, she saw she who was her world, she who was her confidence and inspiration, she who was her beloved sister. "Rainbow Dash!" she exclaimed with overwhelming joy. The blue pegasus was now hovering to the ground as her adopted little sister ran towards her. They threw their hooves arond one another and felt the affection in one another's embrace.

"I missed you sis." said Rainbow Dash as she formed a smile. She tightened her grip around her sister pulling her in closer and nuzzling up to her face in a sweet and tender show of emotion. She let out a small tear as she began to speak again. "I was so worried about you."

Scootaloo let all of her tension and worries go as she felt her big sister's head rubbing against her own. It felt as though it had been so long since she had seen Rainbow. A hug from her felt like thousands of loving rose petals comforting her soul. "How did you find out?" Scootaloo asked with slight confusion. They both slowly released their grip as she continued. "I though you were out supervising shows in manehattan."

Rainbow Dash smirked. "It's gonna take a whole lot more than me being busy for me to know about what happens to my best flyer now isn't it?" Scootaloo felt a warmth inside of her. It was a feeling that had always welled up when Rainbow Dash called her "her best flyer." In that moment, it seemed as though all her nightmares had melted away, like all of her fears never existed. "C'mon! Let's get you home." Rainbow dash said as she began to hover only a few feet off of the ground. She was about to head right up to her home when she noticed a dampened look on her sister's face.

"What's the matter?" she asked confused. Sootaloo flashed back within her mind to her nightmares. "I knew you were just a wast of time." She shuddered and sat on the ground with her muzzle pointed downwards. Tears had began to form in her eyes once again despite the joy of seeing her sister after such a long time.

"I can't do it. I can't fly! I'm so sorry sister." Rainbow Dash looked more confused than ever. She wondered how such an enthusiasric flyer like Scootaloo would say such a thing. She lowered herself back down and trotted over to Scootaloo to sit down beside her.

"I know that you can fly. You're the best flyer I have on my team, so I know that what you're saying isn't true." She put her hoof under Scootaloo's chin and raised her head to where she was meeting her eyes. "What's really going on?"

Scootaloo took a deep breath and sighed heavily. "I've been having nightmares. They won't leave me alone." She brushed her mane back to uncover her eyes some more. "Every time I think of flying, I get this gut wrenching feeling that I am going to crash and lose again."

Rainbow scooted a little bit closer to speak. "You haven't had nightmares since you were a filly. And I thought Princess Luna had already helped you overcome them."

Scootaloo let out another sigh. "She still does. It's just. . . just."

"Just what?" Rainbow whispered lightly.

Scootaloo lowered her head again. Rainbow put on a small grin as she once again moved her sisters mane to uncover her eyes. "Do you remember when you first flew on your own?" Scootaloo turned her head and nodded in agreement. "You didn't know that I had let go of you. You just flew and thought I was still holding you up." Rainbow continued. "Do you remember what happened after?" Scootaloo raised her head.

"I always felt so much joy when you would fly with me. Like I was invincible. But when I looked and saw that your hoof wasn't holding me up anymore, I got scared." Scootaloo shed a tear. "I fell and crashed even though I was flying by myself."

Rainbow Dash gave a small chuckle. "Even though I took my hoof away, I never stopped holding you up. I never stopped cheering you on in my heart. I knew that you were going to be something that the world had never seen before." Scootaloo looked at Rainbow as more tears started rolling from her eyes faster and faster. "You have made me the proudest sister in the world. If I could search all of Equestria, if I could pick anypony to be my sister, I would still choose you. And I hope that one day, when other ponies look at my life, they won't think that being captain of the wonderbolts or being an element of harmony was my greatest accomplishment and pride." Rainbow let a small tear run down her cheek. "I hope they see that it was always you."

Scootaloo sat there, shocked to her core. Tears of utter joy had filled her eyes as she clung onto her sister with pride. She had never once known Rainbow Dash to cry, and seeing the glint of that tiny tear roll down her elder sister's cheek made her feel like the most loved pony in all of Equestria. "I love you big sister!"

"I love you too, best flyer!" Rainbow hugged her back. "Now go on and make me proud again."

Scootallo and Rainbow Dash took to the sky with a brilliant flap of their wings. They flew higher and higher, feeling the rush of the wind through their mane. They flew in perfect sync as they dug into each turn, dove with no fear, and soared with such grace through the clouds. It was a sisterly bond like no other. They felt eachother's spirit, guiding them, giving them life. Scootaloo's wings were Rainbow's wings and Raibow's wings were Scootaloo's wings.

Scootaloo looked over to her big sister, gazing upon those free magenta eyes. Those eyes in which she found her way, those eyes in which she felt her soul, and those eyes in which she had built her entire world. And with the love of her sister, she knew that that world would never crumble again.

The End

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this fic. Please leave suggestions for the next one as well as constructive critisizm. Kind regards, TheChroniclerPrincess

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment