• Published 19th Jun 2013
  • 1,747 Views, 45 Comments

The Guardian: Adventures in Equestria - theone2three



Can actions change ones destiny, well for one teen that might of just happened.

  • ...
12
 45
 1,747

Chapter 10: In The Money

Author's Note:

There you go ... another chapter...

And as always I welcome Conservative Criticism :^)

We had arrived to the city... Well, in the outskirts of it.

It was like Las Vegas on earth but with more cartoonish buildings.

There were lights on everywhere and spotlights illuminating the skyline...

“Well bros, you two can walk and be queer, but I'm going to a casino and making us richer than a motha’ fucker” Raphiel said, leading the charge to the first casino he could find.

Leaving me and Uriel to business as usual.

Uriel took out a small device and turned it on.

I looked at it with confusion as he said:

“Oh... You're wondering what this is? Its a device that will help us find that pesky chaos spawn” he said configuring it. “Pass me your locator” he asked as I took looked in my bag and passed him the device.

“I'm surprised that you didn't bark at Raphiel about the comment he made” Uriel said connecting my locator with his device.

“Yeah, but I'll let it pass... One thing that will help us here other than seeing if that spawn is here is the amount of money he's going to win gambling... ” I said looking at the skyline again.


So we started to walk and try to locate this chaos spawn and see where it was or if it was even here.

The trouble of finding it was the lack of energy it emitted and how without using much energy it could hide in plain sight.

The only way that we could find it, is when we were really close like 100 ft or so.

So we both agreed to split the city into 12 sectors and go through each one and try to find it.


In the meantime Raphiel had just left his first casino of the night...

“Wow we! Now that's what I'm talking about” he said carrying two large bags of money filled with bits.

“Well, I think I should find Hassiel and Uriel to tell them about getting an hotel or something” he said, slowly flying away from the casino in route to find us.


In an alleyway me and Uriel were walking around with the device in his hoof.

“Sector's one and two clear” I said to Uriel as he referenced the data.

“Well brother...” he said sighing “ only 10 more to go”

“After this, we should fix that device to increase the range and power” I said, giving him a face.

Out of the blue a dark figure glided down. It was Raphiel. “Hey bros!” he said happily “Well with this money we'll be able to afford an hotel for one night” as Uriel looked surprised at him.

“I was expecting that you'll have more than that amount... Like you're one of a kind with gambling ” he said taunting Raphiel.

Hmm... Trying me huh. I could of won the whole fucking city in one night but... I want to say here for a moment and slowly rise in ranks” he said with confidence.

“Ok bro, take the appropriate time because me and Uriel will resume our search tomorrow” I said to him as we walked to the nearest hotel.

The hotel was called le hotel...

“Wow that's so original” said Raphiel sarcastically.

“Shut up its four stars” I said walking in.

It was around 10 stories tall with a fountain and lighting on the outside. The building was sky blue with a flat top.

We walked up to the front desk and saw a brown pony with suit sifting through papers.

He stopped when he saw us and said in a French accent, “Oh sorry, my bad... Welcome to le hotel. How may I serve you today?”

“How much would a room of three in the top floors cost” I said looking him in the eye.

“Well let's see,” he said immediately taking out a small book “ well for the 8th, 9th and 10th floors the cost of a room of your desires would be 1500 bits per night”

I looked at Raphiel as he mouthed ‘no problem’

I looked at the brown pony and said:

“Deal”

“Well ok... Let us see the money and I'll give you your keys” he said.

Raphiel with his usual attitude flung one of the bag filled with bits and the desk.

The brown ponies eyes shined looking at the bag of money as he gave us the keys.

It also had a piece of paper attached to it saying what room number and floor.

We walked to the elevator and went up to the 9th floor.

“Ok guys were are room 907” I said looking around for a guide or some sort of sign.

“Aha!. Here it is” I said putting the key into the keyhole.

When I opened the room the lights were on and I was surprised of the size of the room.

It was of a bluish color and had a bathroom, two rooms and a small kitchen.

Everything looked almost lavish but at least the beds felt great.

We settled in as Raphiel made plans about winning more money and Uriel took a moment to fix his device at a desk. Unlike the two of them I decided to lay in my bed and look out the window as I slowly drifted asleep.


Beep...Beep...

I heard an alarm ring as I woke up.

It was 7 am and both of my brothers were up and around.

My body was relaxed as I got out of bed.

“Morning o’ brothers of mine” I said, stretching my body and wings.

“Well someone is up and ready for a another day of searching ” said Uriel passing me a plate of biscuits and gravy.

“Yep... I feel like we'll have a good day today” I said chowing down my biscuit happily.

“As you two do boring stuff I'm going to gamble the rest of this money and I'll buy lunch...” he said leaving with the bag filled with bits.


After I finished my breakfast I packed up all my stuff and went to the lobby and checked out.

Outside me and Uriel resumed our search. It was already hot as we searched. In the meanwhile I decided to have a conversation with Uriel. “Hey bro, so what did Rarity mean that you two had plans to discuss when we came back...hmm...” I said as he stopped.

“None of your business” he said as we resumed walking.

“You know I'm going to bug you until I get an answer” I said with a devious face.

“Ok. I'll tell you... I'm Rarity’s date for the Grand Galloping Gala” he said as my face looked at him with confusion.
“Well then. That's it hmm... I would expect that out of Raphiel or something” I said putting on a smile.
“I'm proud that you're going to get some later” I said holding back my laughs.
“Shut it and let's continue our search” he said assertively.
“Ok... Ok. Let's do this” wiping my eyes.


It was now 10 AM and the air was dry and the sun was melting the buildings it seemed.

“Ok brother we're half way there, all we have to do is go to the center and search there tonight” he said almost unfazed by the heat.

“Good, because I need a drink” I said sweating profusely.

“Well I'll go and finish this sector before lunch, and you go get some fresh air in one of these bars” he said leaving me alone as I walked to one called ‘ Ponies and Shake's ’.

I walked into a blast of cool and refreshing air.

Ahhhh...refreshing’ I thought as looked around.

“Hassiel! Is that you?” a voice said to me left as I quickly turned that way to see.

“Princess Celestia!?”

Yep it was here sitting in a table by the window sipping on some iced tea.

I walked and sat on the chair in front of her.

“What a surprise to see you here, huh...” she said with that iconic smile she had.

“Yeah...” I said sheepishly.

“So what brings you here to Las Pegasus?” she said, sipping on her iced tea.

“I was going to ask you the same question” I said.

“Well I'm here on a small break from Canterlot”

“I'm here for a trip that me and my brothers planned”

“Oh, you want to explore the land. Hmm... Intriguing” she said looking at me.

I leaned back and said, “Yep...”

She looked at me and responded.

“Is there something you're hiding from me? I can sense you're a bit uneasy about something” she said, changing her tone, catching me off guard.

“I might as well tell you... you are the ruler of this place.” I said as I prepared to my thoughts and my words. She looked at me with a slight worry as I spoke.

“When I arrived here in Equestria, as you know, my power was felt by you and your sister... But that wasn't the only thing that went through the portal I opened...” I told her as she interrupted me.

“But you and your pet went though and I didn't feel any other energy go through ” she said looking at me sipping her drink.

“Yes, that is true that you didn't feel its energy, but after going through my data I collected I found that something went though...Something that I will tell you now is dangerous and evil and cannot materialize in this world”

“What do you mean?”

“You thought Discord was chaotic and evil... Well I'll tell you that this being is the definition of evil and chaos, he shows no remorse, kills without ever changing his face, and his soul purpose is to destroy and create evil” I said looking at her with a very serious face.

“Is this from personal experience?” she asked

I took a deep breath. “Yes... I encountered him a while back and all I can tell you is that he almost killed all three of us and if it wasn't for me... Well I could imagine him destroying universes and spreading death and destruction all around” I stopped and took another breath.

“So are you searching for him” she said, her eyes glued to my face.

“Yes... Well not his original self but at copy of him... You see when I destroyed him, in a last ditch effort he split his energy across to multiple universes and my duty afterwards was to find these spawns and destroy them before they materialize and cause trouble”

“How do they activate?”

“They have there own timer and will activate at anytime after they enter a universe”

“Hmm... Can I trust you that none of my subjects will get harmed in the process of this?” she said in a worried tone.

“Yes” was the answer I gave her. “And don't worry Princess they usually take a while to spawn so that's a plus but leave the job to us and you can live worry free” I said reassuring her.

“Ok... I trust you” she said sipping her tea again.

Well I think we should change this to a different topic... I hate being serious...” I said smiling at her.

“Yes let's... So how about another meeting like this? I don't know what is it about you but you're a good presence. I can tell.” she said, causing me to blush slightly.

“Sure... How about Monday?...” I said, nervously fiddling with my hooves.

“Good then, meet me here around lunch” she said using her magic to give me a piece of paper with an address and the name of the shop.

“Ok I'll see you there” I responded as she got up and gave me a wink causing my slight blush I had to intensify.

She walked out and teleported away leaving me confused and thinking.

“Did I just agree to a date?” I asked myself

A blueish grey stallion said to me, “Yes you did and I say... You're a lucky stallion to be on a date with the Princess” he said eating a sandwich.

Uriel walked into the bar and saw me with a look of confusion still on my face.

“There you are... What happened?” he said as I snapped out of my thoughts.

“I'll explain later...” as we left the bar.


“So you told Celestia about Chaos...” Uriel said.

“Yeah... I mean, she kinda had to know...” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“And you think you have a date with her...On Monday you said”

“Mhm... And I'm not ready for this” as I started to get nervous.

“Chill bro, just take a deep breath and go with it” he said, patting me on my head.

“Ok whatever...it's around lunchtime and Raphiel will be finding us” I said as Raphiel arrived right on time.

Ok bros... So apparently you can have a bank account in this world so I went to one that and bam! Put most of the money there and here's the total money that is in it...” pulling out a paper with the amount of bits he had.

“50,000 bits!” Uriel said shocked of what he saw.

“Yea and I have 2,000 in this bag right now and I can use my account number to buy things here too and all over Equestria...”

“I think I'll have to introduce computers to these ponies soon or something” I said.

“Well, I see that nothing has happened in your search for the chaos spawn” he said without shock.

“Yes and after 6 sectors I think our chances of find it is meh...” I said.

“Well then... Let's go to eat here because at 1 PM I'm going to see this guy... He wants me to play a game with a couple of ponies, and I mean rich ponies, later like around 7 PM... ” Raphiel said.

“Are you sure you can handle it?” I said looking at him with doubt.

“Sure... I can handle it...I am a master of the card games you know” he said with cockiness.

“Ok we'll be there if anything happens” said Uriel.

“Sure, sure, whatever” Raphiel said as we went looking for a place to eat.


After lunch I decided to start sketching again.

This time I started to draw what I was thinking about at the time.

Hmm... I think I just drew the princess I thought as I finalized the drawing.

And sure it was her as I changed to a new page.

I didn't know what either of my brothers were doing so I decided to find some mall or some where enclosed that was public so I could escape the heat and relax for the moment.


It was 5 PM and still no sign of my brothers.

I had found an indoor public place and was now listening to my iPod.

I was wondering where they were but then Uriel walked up to me as I took off my ear buds.

There you are...I see you enjoying your break” he said ,not surprised of what I was doing.

“So how's the search going?...” I asked him.

“Well I fixed and configured the device I made and now it's a lot quicker to find results and the signal range was also amplified...alas no chaos spawn but we only have one more sector to look though and its where our brother is going to play tonight...” he said drinking a water bottle he had.

“Hmm... Ok. So what now?” I asked him rubbing my chin.

“Well accompany our brother and as he's playing we search the area” he said confidently.

“Sounds like a plan huh?” I said chuckling a bit.

“Yes my brother”


It was 7 PM and the three of us were outside a casino called the ‘The Tartarus’.

“Interesting name” said Uriel looking at the sign.

“Well let's go into the depths of it” I said, laughing at my own joke.

None of my brothers laughed which left me in a awkward position.

“Fuck you two. Let's go in and win some money and find that spawn.” I said as we went in.

It was very stylish and huge.

The sculptures were of mythical creatures that were in evil poses.

Uriel took out his device and started to walk as we followed two big stallions who signaled us to come.

We all went to top floor and to a separate room.

As we walked in we saw five other ponies, one of them the dealer and the other four sitting around a table.

“Hello Mr Raphiel... We've been expecting you” said a green stallion that was a unicorn.

“Hey sup GreenGold, Madame Lightheart, Thunderstrike and Filthy Rich” Raphiel said taking his place.

Then the dealer talked. “Ok stallions and mare we are playing poker and we'll play until we have a two ponies left then sudden death match between in which both of you going all in” he said shuffling the cards with his magic.

“Well ok let's start” said Filthy Rich giving a hearty laugh.


As the game progressed I saw Raphiel in full concentration of what he was doing.

I would normally see him getting distracted and joking around, but this... This was him being serious.

As the wagers got higher, the game got more intense.

The tension in the air was high and I stood there watching my brothers actions.

After 2 hour's there was still no winner and everypony was getting cautious about what they waged. Filthy Rich was in the lead followed by my brother.

Another 30 minutes passed as the madam and Greengold quit.

There were three ponies left and the stakes got even higher.

When the game had started the amount of bits bet were around 20,000 or so but as the game progressed the amounts slowly increased until the amount of bits were around 100,000.

As they carried on Uriel walked in again to talk to me in private as I stepped out for a moment.

“So bro what’cha find huh?...” I asked him.

“Well brother... Nothing. It seems that the spawn is not in the city at all” he said.

“Oh... Well the search will continue” I told him, patting him on the shoulder.

He gave a faint smile as we walked back into the room and saw the game had stopped.

“Well we have our finalists... Now you know the rules and if you both fold then we'll start again until someone loses” the dealer said calmly.

“Well I've never lost a game in my life” said Filthy Rich giving another hearty laugh.

“Well same here Mr. Filthy...” Raphiel said menacingly taunting him at the same time.

They both sat back down as the game commenced.

Both of them put 500,000 bits of chips on the table as the dealer passed the cards to them.

Raphiel had an ace of spades and a two of hearts.

As the dealer put out the first set of cards there was a three of hearts, four of clubs and five of spades.

Filthy's face froze up as Raphiel kept his cool.

The next card was shown and it was a six of diamond's.

And still my brother kept his cool as Filthy started to sweat.

And then the last card was shown and it was a six of hearts.

Filthy's lit up as he showed his hand.

“Ha! Three of a kind” he said look at Raphiel.

My brother was calm as he slowly showed his hand.

“A straight...” he said with devious smile on his face.

Filthy's face froze again in shock as the Raphiel grabbed all of the chips he had.

“B-b-but how?” he said stuttering.

“Card games are won by probability and that magical word called ‘luck’.” he said looking at me and Uriel.

I shocked and happy that Raphiel won as I went up to him and hoofed him.

“Well, you won fair and square...” Filthy Rich said as he took a pause “but getting out of here is another story...” changing his tone.

Then the two bodyguards walked in front of him as he said.

“Well you two... You can leave them in the dumpster like the rest of them” he said stepping back as the two big Stallions gave us a mean look.

“Oh... So I have to fight to get what I earned... Story of my life” Raphiel said charging into one of bodyguards as picking him up as the other one walked towards me and Uriel.

“So brother, how do we take him down?” I said in a amusing tone.

“Breaking his neck would do, but I think discombobulating him then hind kicking him in the face will do” he said smiling.

Raphiel in the meanwhile was wrestling with the bodyguard as the stallion punched him in the gut.

“Ow! Shit!... Well instead of this, let's turn up the heat” he said activating his powers.

He teleported behind the guard and grabbed his hind legs. Then he threw him against the wall causing a huge hole as teleported in front of Filthy Rich.

As that was happening we were fighting the other bodyguard. Me and Uriel rotated as he tried to hit one of us but failing.

Then he stepped back momentarily and charged head on as we executed our plan by first Uriel hitting him in the temple with discombobulated him and as he was trying to recover I turned around and hind kicked him in the face knocking him out.

Now after that happened I saw Raphiel holding Filthy Rich up by his suit as my brother had energy blast on his other hoof.

“Woah there bro... I don't think killing a pony will cut it” I said trying to calm him down.

“You're right. He's too worthless to kill” Raphiel said, dropping him to the ground where he curled up into a ball.“Pathetic...” he said, grabbing the tray of chips as we walked out.


After that ordeal Raphiel cashed in his prize and took a trip to the bank as we prepared to leave.

“Short trip huh...” I said to Uriel as we walked around.

“Yep... Well even though we did not accomplish our objective... We are filthy rich... ” he said as we both stopped and laughed.

All in all this trip was short and sweet as I got to talk to Celestia, Raphiel got his gambling on and Uriel tested out this modified device.

Now it was time to go home and relax because the weekend was here... Only assuming the calendars were the same.