• Published 19th Jun 2013
  • 1,747 Views, 45 Comments

The Guardian: Adventures in Equestria - theone2three



Can actions change ones destiny, well for one teen that might of just happened.

  • ...
12
 45
 1,747

Chapter 9: Departure To Gambling

Author's Note:

Shorter chapter...
Still as always enjoy :^)...


Also I'm still waiting for a Actual Critic... well as of the last one a couple months ago...
C'mon I want a person to say what they really think if my story...

P.S they're links for some songs in the chapter and if there is a broken link then tell me ... thanks!

During the past three days I have had an interesting experience with the pony population.

The conclusion of my stay so far would be a good one with fun and action even though with the seriousness in the air.

I think the Mane 6 and other ponies have calmed down my nerves about getting back home and the new threat that arose. It's the way they are, there nature of being that makes me happy and almost forget all of my problems. Which could be a good thing, but at the same time could impede me from doing what I have to do.

Well for now all I can do is hope things go smoothly or without hassle.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I had gotten up out of my bed sitting there.

I felt better than yesterday morning so I jumped out of bed and did a backflip.

I went downstairs as usual and went to the kitchen but this time there was a different smell in the air.

It smelled just like bacon...

Wait... I can't eat meat. I'm a pony! I thought as I saw Uriel.

“Morning Hassiel. How did you sleep?” he said in a happy tone.

He was feeling much better than yesterday when I fought him.

“Good...” I said smelling the air “Is that bacon?” I said with a befuddled look in my face.

“Close... It's called hay bacon and it's, apparently, a substitute for bacon ” he said as Raphiel walked downstairs.

“Woah. Bacon... Man, I never knew ponies ate meat” he said getting his coffee.

“No. Its a substitute” I said whimsically.

“Hmm...” as Raphiel rubbed his chin.

After I got my orange juice and Raphiel got his coffee, we sat down and started to talk about the trip.

“So, can we all agree that enjoy this trip?” I said to both of them looking at Uriel.

“Sure... If Uriel says so” Raphiel said smiling at me.

“Ok...I will try my very best to enjoy this trip” Uriel said melodramatically.

Raphiel just snickered as we both got pieces of hay bacon on our plates with bread and a side of lettuce.

“There, you can make your own sandwiches if you want” Uriel said.

As we were eating Vinyl and Octavia joined us as Uriel gave them breakfast.

“Morning you two” I said taking a bite of my sandwich.

“Morning to you, too Hassiel” said Octavia.

“What up, guys” said Vinyl.

“Oh nothing, just planning our trip” I said.

“Cool... where?” Vinyl said, intrigued about the thought.

“To Las Pegasus!” said Raphiel with lots of enthusiasm.

“Awesome!... The place that you gamble and party all night” she said recalling memories...

“You've gone there?” asked Raphiel.

Yea... I did a gig there a while back... All I have to say is ‘What happens in Las Pegasus, stays in Las Pegasus’ ” she said leaning back on her chair.

“Hmm... Familiar phrase Uriel?” I said to him.

“Yes... Very familiar indeed” he said sighing.

__________________________________________________________________________________

After we ate breakfast I went into town to stroll around and enjoy the warm spring day.

I found a bench and sat there taking out a notepad and a pencil from my bag.

You think I would be doing something productive.

I wasn't.

I was doodling as I looked at the landscape and moved my foreleg.

“Man this is hard” I said to myself.

Writing and drawing were difficult because I was use to hands, fingers, opposable thumbs, not hooves.

But gradually I got the hang of it as I practiced writing my name and drew a tree.

“Wow... This is better than I write” I said to myself.

And it was true because I had always had bad penmanship. When I would write with hands I would connect all my letter and it would look like scribble and teachers would always say ‘Wow... That's bad’ or ‘Umm... What's that word’. Yeah, it was that bad.

Continuing to sketch I started to look at the ponies that were walking by and started to outline the physical features of a pony.

Finishing up my sketch I got up and looked at it as I walked.

“Rough but acceptable” I told myself not looking at my surroundings.

WATCH OUT!” screamed a voice as I almost caught a glimpse before I was tackled to the ground.

As I opened my eyes I saw a scooter on top of and also three little fillies behind me.

As they got up one of them said:

“I'm sorry sir... We tried to get out of the way but it was too late” she said.

She was a yellowish pony with reddish hair and spoke in a southern accent.

I got up and said:

“Not to worry it was my fault for not looking at my surroundings”

“Well... ok, sir” she said.

As a I looked at the other two fillies behind her.

One was a orange Pegasus with a purplish mane and small wings.

The other was a white unicorn with a dulled down lavender and light pink mane.

“So what are your names girls?” I said

“Well I'm Applebloom” said the yellow filly happily.

“I'm Sweetie belle” said the white filly with the same tone as the last one.

“I'm Scootaloo” she said with a smile in her face.

“Well it's nice to meet you fillies I'm Hassiel” I said as Scootaloo walked to my side.

“Woah... What does your cutie mark mean? It looks cool” she said.

“Yeah, and you have wings and a horn... Wait! Are you a prince? ” said Sweetie belle.

“Well first, I'm not a prince...I have always been like this and two, my cutie mark is about what I can do” I said powering up and charging a Gigabast.

“Coool...” the three fillies said mesmerized by the ball of energy as the sphere disappeared and I powered down.

“Well girls I have to go because I have a trip to go to” I said.

“Ok Mr. Hassiel it was nice meeting ya... Do you live here in Ponyville?” Applebloom asked me.

“Yeah, I live over there” as I pointed to the big white house.

“Well sorry again for crashing into you, and have a nice day” she said, as Sweetie belle got on a wagon and Scootaloo started to flap her small wings as they left.

Ah... The CMC... I said in my mind as I went to the house.

__________________________________________________________________________________

In the Carousel Boutique in Ponyville, Uriel was present as he walked into the building.

“Hello... Anypony here?” he said.

No response.

“Umm... Hello it's Uriel” he said again and this time a voice said back

“Coming!”

As Rarity walked downstairs she saw Uriel and embraced him with a hug which caused him to blush.

“Oh it's so good to see you. I've been waiting for a while now... So what can I help you with?” she said happily and giving him a wink.

“Oh nothing, just wanted to visit as I promised” he said nervously.

“Ah yes, yes. Well, I was working on some dresses for an upcoming event” she said walking upstairs again as Uriel followed.

“So what event are you making dresses for?” he asked questionably.

“Oh right... you're not from here. Well, every once a while the princesses have a Ball called the Grand Galloping Gala where the most important ponies go to” she explained.

“Hmm... So are you going?” he asked.

“Yes! And also the girls” she said.

“When will it be?” he asked.

“It's in a week and a half or so” she said fixing a dress.

“Are you taking anypony?” he said looking at the shop and the clothes.

“Well...” Rarity said nervously biting her lip.

“Well what?” he said looking at her.

She was very nervous. Feeling queasy and her heart was beating faster.

“Umm...umm...” she tried to say something.

All of a sudden she fainted.

“Are you ok?” Uriel said as he checked on her “Oh wow... Wait here I'll get you some water” he added, running downstairs.

When he returned Rarity was sitting down as Uriel helped her recover.

“What happened? I hope you're ok” Uriel said.

“Don't worry about it darling I'm feeling better” she said fake smiling at him.

“No. Something is wrong why don't you tell me... I'm trustworthy and I think anything can be talked over so go ahead” he said in a calm assertive voice.

As she looked at his face it was calm and somewhat worried about her so she spoke.

“Well then... I was going to tell it later, but I'll do it now... Would you like to be my date for the Grand Galloping Gala?” she said with a crack in her voice.

It took a minute for Uriel to process what she said.

I've only known her for two days and she wants me to be her date... Hmm. What could go wrong? he thought smiling as he responded.

“Sure... I think it would be a wonderful experience” he said

Rarity squealed as she gave him another hug but this one was tighter than the last one.

“Ok, ok Calm down” Uriel said Chuckling.

“Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!... Like I said earlier I was going to ask you later but this happened” she said ecstatically.

“Well, since you said yes, I think it's time to measure you so I can make you that suit for the Grand Galloping Gala” she said grabbing a measuring tape.

“Sure I have time to spare” he said as she started.

__________________________________________________________________________________

As for Raphiel, he was at Sweet Apple Acres.

“So partner... Are you sure y'all can do this” Applejack said to Raphiel.

“AJ don't sweat it he's good enough to do it” said Rainbow dash in a tree.

“Don't worry Applejack I gots this” Raphiel said to her smiling with confidence.

“Ok... Go ahead” she said.

Raphiel ran up to a apple tree and kicked it with his hind legs as the apples fell.

“Huh... Bucking apples isn't that hard” he said as he raced to the next tree.

After an hour of bucking apple trees Raphiel took a break under a tree as Applejack and Rainbow dash joined him.

“How you holding up partner?” she said smirking at him.

“All I have to say is I'm not losing this bet... I have less than an hour to buck this field... I can do it” he said confidently wiping out the sweat out of his forehead.

“A field in a hour... Impossible. I'd like to see you try” Applejack said.

As he got up he activated his powers and went to buck more apples as Applejack and Rainbow Dash watched.

“You think he'll be able to do it…?” Applejack asked Rainbow dash.

“Buck yeah... He's more than capable... ” she said rooting him on.

__________________________________________________________________________________

As noon arrived, Raphiel ran faster and bucked very quickly.

As he finished the last tree he collapsed on the ground looking at the sky.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash ran up to him to see if he was okay.

“Are you ok?” Rainbow dash said in a worried tone.

“Yep... I just tried” Raphiel said catching his breath.

“That was some mighty buckin’ there partner” AJ said as she helped Raphiel up.

“Well I won... So where is my award?” he said smiling at Applejack.

“Ok Raphiel...” she said giving him a small bag. “There... 100 bits” she said talking to him.

“Yo... They're gold coins... Huh” he said surprised of the coins.

“Well thanks for the money... I have to go home now... I have a trip to go on” Raphiel said walking away as the two mares waved at him.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I was at home before Uriel and Raphiel so I decided to scoop around their rooms and see what they brought to this world.

Honestly it's wrong but I'm bored.

I walked into Uriel's room.

It was somewhat dull, but everything was organized and the room was put a way that the most space was available.

Going to his bag, I looked in.

All I saw was the essentials... Food, supplies, and first aid kit.

But he also had a small case that was labeled “small lab” knowing Uriel it was probably one of his portable labs he had.

I closed everything up and tried my best to put everything back into place as I left for Raphiel's room.

As I opened his room I smelled something.

“Is that weed?” I said walking up to a desk where he had all his stuff in.

“Yep, it's weed alright...” grabbing the small bag and sighing at it.

I went through his stuff as I noticed a square shiny object.

“Bitch took my iPod...” I said grabbing it.

And sure enough it was mine with the headphones still attached on it.

“Huh... It's fully charged” turning it on.

“Well I'm taking this” I said leaving.

I closed the door and went back outside as I sat under a tree and started to listen to music.

“Ok... Aha...” I said putting on AC/DC's song ‘It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)’ and singing to it.

Uriel was coming back home with Rarity and Twilight as they saw me under the tree singing the song.

They all stopped as Twilight spoke.

“Is he singing?” she asked Uriel.

“Yep... I think he's either happy or bored or both...” he said smiling at me.

“He doesn't have bad voice” Rarity said, listening to me.

“Mhm...” he said as I finished singing.

In the time I finished the song I didn't even notice the three until I looked around and saw then.

“Hey!” I said, waving at them as they came closer.

Twilight and Rarity were looking at me with confusion.

“Oh... You heard me sing... Well how was it?” I asked them happily.

“Darling you have a great voice... No doubt... What is that you are holding?” she asked me.

“Oh this... It's called an iPod and it stores music picture and other things” I said giving her my iPod.

She put one ear bud as Twilight put the other one in her other ear.

I went though my songs and played ‘Viva La Vida’ by Cold Play.

“Wow... this a good song” said Twilight.

“Yes, the orchestration is simply marvelous and his voice is perfect for the song” said Rarity, dazzled like Twilight by the song.

I didn't say anything until the song finished.

“Well girls what’cha think?” I said whimsically.

“Amazing song” said Twilight.

“Yes I agree... How many songs do you have on that device?” she asked curiously.

“Well, over 5,000 songs,” I said “ but I listen to almost anything so not every song is like the one you two heard”

“Do you play any instruments?” Twilight asked.

“Yea... Me and my bros play all sorts of instruments... Why don't you tell them Uriel” I said looking at Uriel.

“Mhm... I play percussion and do back up vocals. Raphiel plays electric guitar, electric bass, alto saxophone, and sometimes the harp, and Hassiel plays electric and acoustic guitar, and pretty much every string instrument and both of them do vocals” he finished as we saw Raphiel walking towards up with a small brown bag.

“Well, hello there bros” he said.

“What you got there?” I asked him.

“You see like we are going to Las Pegasus, I decided to get some money to gamble with” he said smiling.

“Did you steal it?” I said grabbing the bag and looking in.

“Nooo... I earned it by bucking two fields in two hours” he said proudly.

“So you worked for it!? Hmm... Unlike you, I was expecting a heist of sorts from you” I said inspecting the bits.

“Well I didn't have enough time to plan that so I went for plan b” said Raphiel the two mares gave him worried looks.

All I did was hoof palm myself.

“Oh... Hey you got your iPod back... Cool” he carelessly said.

As we all stood there Twilight spoke.

“Well... We will catch you three later, around 6 or 6:30 to see you guys leave” she said.

“Oh... Uriel told you huh?” I said leaning back on the tree.

“Yep...”

Afterwards they left to their respective places as we enjoyed the rest of the day at home.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of my day was spent outside, enjoying the passing clouds as I listened to my music.

I went back in to get my sketch pad out and this time took time to draw the landscape around me.

Ironically, the house and the terrain we lived on was on top of a hill which towered over the scenery and made it easy for me to see the land.

Meanwhile Uriel and Raphiel were together looking for something at home...

“...So are you sure that we need this” Raphiel said looking through Uriel's bag.

“Yes!... I remembered that I created a device that would help us find a chaos spawn anywhere with in each universe” he said frantically trying to find it.

“Is it this…?” Raphiel said picking up a small device with an antenna and a screen.

“Yes!!!” Uriel said grabbing it.

“Ugh... Now can we go!?” Raphiel said sighing.

“Not with that attitude” he said whimsically.

__________________________________________________________________________________

It was around 6 PM and sun was low in the sky as cloud somewhat blocked the it and created rays of light.

I was still outside when the mane 6 arrived.

They saw me first as they went to the tree I was under.

“Hey girls” I said, waving at them.

“What'cha got there” said Pinkie as she looked at my sketch pad.

“Mmm... Some drawings that I made out of boredom” as Rainbow grabbed it and looked.

“You made a comic strip?” she said looking at it.

It was titled: What happens when you break the fourth wall

“Huh... That's actually funny” she said laughing a bit as Fluttershy was looking on.

“Anyways darling...” interrupted Rarity “Why are you three going to Las Pegasus... Uriel said it was to have somewhat of an adventure in this place”

“And that is what we plan to do Rarity” I said balancing my pencil on my nose... Snout... Whatever you know what I mean.

“Wow... It seems like you get bored easily” Twilight snickered

“At random times...” I said.

“SowhataregoingtodoHassiel... Gamble?party?...chill?” Pinkie Pie said very quickly but I managed to understand her.

“I dunno... Maybe all” I responded as another pony said something...

“Well whatever, it is I hope you enjoy your trip” Twilight said optimistically.

“Thanks thats what I needed... Optimism. A good trait and its almost like hope” I giggled.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Uriel and Raphiel walking out of the house with Vinyl and Octavia.

“Hey Uriel!! Everypony is here!” Raphiel said.

As they walked up Vinyl greeted Rainbow dash.

“What's up Dash” Vinyl said.

“Hey Vinyl...how's them ‘Wubs’” Rainbow Dash said.

“A-ok” she said giving at sort of dap to Rainbow.

“Oh, hello Octavia... Haven't seen you in while” said Rarity.

“Well, when you play in Canterlot, you are forced to say for some time” she said humoring herself.

“Hassiel, are you ready?” Uriel said.

“You bet brother of mine” smiling at him.

We did the usual and powered up.

“Well, bye. Have a safe trip” Twilight said.

“Party hard” said Vinyl.

“Oh Uriel, after you come back from your trip, we'll have lots to discuss about our plans” Rarity said, giving him a wink.

If you're wondering the three of us had decided to teleport to Las Pegasus instead of train or flying, because we had the power to do that.

As we left Ponyville in a flash, all I could think of was the fun times ahead and also danger because of the chaos spawn...