• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 433 Views, 2 Comments

Anthem of Our Lives - TimmayIsHawt



Silver Sky's life seemed to be going nowhere. Everyday it's the same thing for the stallion. He'd wake up in the morning in his small apartment, eat his morning bagels, and then look for a job in Canterlot.

  • ...
 2
 433

Chapter 2 - A Walk in the Park

Chapter 2 - A Walk in the Park


The two left the house quickly and made sure they had everything with them. Silver Sky kept his saddlebag close to him, feeling a sense of security with something by his side. The stallion, for some reason, felt insecure without his saddlebag and brought it around with him almost everywhere he went.

The two easily made their way through the slightly crowded marble streets of Canterlot. Night Light trotted at a brisk pace, wanting to get there in time, while Silver Sky sluggishly walked behind her. The mare noticed him lagging behind and stopped. She walked back over to him and bumped him with her hip.

“Why so slow?” she asked with a smirk. The stallion yawned and rubbed his eye with his one hoof.

“Just a lil’ drowsy from packing stuff all day in the house,” the stallion stated simply. The mare gave out a yawn of her own.

“Sheesh, your yawns are contagious,” that caused the stallion to snicker. “Anyways, we’re already here!” Night Light grinned and moved out of the way so the pegasus can see. Silver Sky simply facehoofed at what he saw.

“Seriously? You’re going to make me go drinking again?” the stallion frowned. “You know I don’t have the bits for something as simple as this.”

The mare rubbed a hoof behind her head and smiled sheepishly, “Well, that’s why I’M going to go pay for it.” The stallion rolled his eyes. “Besides, it’s my treat.”

“Pfft, it’s always your treat; you’re the one with the bits. I should be able to pay for my own once in a while,” the stallion protested. “And besides, remember what happened LAST time we went drinking?”

The mare punched him lightly on the shoulder. “Oh c’mon, it wasn’t THAT bad the last time we went drinking.” Silver Sky glared at her. “Okaaay… maybe it was pretty bad besides we’ll drink lightly, alright?”

Silver Sky stood there, contemplating on what he should do. Night Light studied his face until the stallion simply sighed.

“Alright, alright, we can have your fun. But remember, we’re drinking LIGHTLY,” the stallion waved his hooves around to add extra emphasis. Night Light began cheering and bouncing around like a little filly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make this worth it!” she exclaimed happily. The stallion rolled his eyes and wondered what he got himself into. Night Light was always the type of mare to drink a lot, but he knew she wasn’t an alcoholic or anything. Hopefully she’ll keep her word. Hopefully.


Sometime later…
The bar strangely called the I Don’t Care Bar was hardly crowded as Night Light and Silver Sky conversed around a small wooden table. The two sat next to each other on the table opposite of the bar as Silver Sky leaned against his wooden chair, taking small sips of his drink as it slowly dwindled down into nothingness. Night Light, on the other hoof, downed her fourth. She snickered as she poured another glass of the bar’s special Cyder mead.

“Gah, this stuff is-hic-strong,” the pegasus said as he giggled. His throat, however felt like it was on fire. “You sure it’s okay doing this?”

The tipsy mare laughed loudly. “Uf’ course, Sky!” the mare exclaimed, her speech slightly slurred. “Besides’-hic-what er’ friends for?” the mare said grinning sheepishly and put her hoof around the stallion’s neck. She gave a small burp and blushed slightly. The stallion snorted at the mare’s tipsiness. “I also wanted to show you somethin’ cool after this.”

The pegasus raised an eyebrow and looked over at the mare. “What are we talking about-hic-here, Night?” The mare put her mouth to his ear. The stallion’s eyes widened as she felt her alcoholic breath against his neck.

“It’s a surprise,” the mare whispered in his ear seductively causing Silver Sky to shudder slightly, blushing furiously. The mare bellowed in laughter at her friend’s reaction, while the stallion averted his eyes from gaze. “Trust me! Et’s someplace really cool!”

The stallion simply rolled his eyes as the mare got up and beckoned him to follow her.

“Aye, aren’t you going to pay?” the stallion asked as she suddenly pauses. She looked back, a silly guilty grin on her face.

“Oh yeah, huh?” the mare said embarrassingly.

Silver Sky simply facehoofed.


More time passes…

It was sunset as the now sober mare and stallion trotted through the large marble city of Canterlot. Silver Sky looked both ways, tossing a puzzled expression to Night Light. The unicorn rolled her eyes and simply waved a hoof to follow her. The stallion sighed as they left the poverty area of Canterlot, where he resided and into the snobby and rich portion of town.

Silver Sky disliked this area of Canterlot as it was usually filled with the snobby, stuck-up unicorns. It was hard for ponies to believe that there was an area in Canterlot where lots of the poor ponies reside, but it was the sad truth. It wasn’t the amazing utopia that most ponies thought it could be due to all the rich stallions and mares, but it was certainly far from terrible.

As the two proceeded deeper into the rich section of Canterlot and closer to the castle, Silver Sky was certainly getting a curious to where exactly they were going. He was also getting very sleepy after that drinking session and he didn’t even drink that much.

“Hey um… where exactly are you taking me?” Silver Sky whined tiredly, fidgeting his hooves together.

“I told you, it’s a surprise!” the unicorn exclaimed, throwing her hooves up in the air for more emphasis. At least she can speak normally again, Silver Sky thought. “Sky, it wouldn’t be a surprise if you know what’ll happen,” She stated simply and continued walking. Sky simply rolled his eyes and he followed right after her.

After a long walk through the marble pathways, Night Light made a sharp turn through an alley that was between two very large buildings. After a couple of turns through the alley the two finally made out into a large, crowded plaza. The plaza consisted of shops that surrounding a large fountain in the middle. The fountain had a statue of Princess Celestia and a newly added Princess Luna on it.

“You know, I’ve lived her all my life and the sight never ceases to amaze me,” Silver Sky said with awe. Night Light rolled her eyes and looked over to him.

“That’s a bit of an understatement,” Night Light stated bluntly and continued walking. Silver Sky let out a snicker as they continued through the semi-crowded plaza. The plaza was in its busiest stage in the afternoon when everypony was up and about.

Conversations rang aloud in the nice evening sky as the two passed by the plaza. As they made their way through the crowd, Night Light walked through the gates that lead to the royal Canterlot Garden. Silver Sky tilted his head in confusion and followed her anyways.

Silver Sky considered this to be more of a park due to the looks and amount of tourists it gets every day, but it was relatively empty this warm evening. Silver Sky has only been to this place when his parents took him, but other than that he didn’t come here often. It was relatively field large with statues of ancient heroes and gods. Trees surrounded the field along with the large hedge maze that lots of ponies tend to get lost in for some reason.

Night Light trotted past all the statues and went through the trees that surrounded the park with the silent pegasus following her. The two continued deeper through the thick trees, the two in deep silence as they listened to the birds chirping and the occasional squirrel that would climb up a tree as they got close. The stallion stared at the ground as the two walked in peaceful silence. The pegasus soon noticed that they were slowly moving uphill and can see small bits and pieces of the roofs of homes and buildings when he looked past the trees.

After what seemed like eternity, Silver Sky crashed right into Night Light’s flank as she unexpectedly halts.

“Gah!” the pegasus exclaims. He looked up and spotted what he bumped into and blushed furiously. Night Light’s face goes extremely red as she looked back at the stallion.

“Uh… sorry,” she smiled sheepishly. The stallion looks away.

“Um… it’s okay?” he looked away awkwardly. The mare poked him as he looked up and beckoned him forward. “We’re here already, come on take a look!” The mare grinned and tilted her head to the side to look behind the tree she was next too.

The stallion simply shrugged and walked by her. As he slowly crept past the tree the stallion gasped in shock at what was the most stunning scene ever.

What lay before him was an enormous tree near the edge of a cliff that overlooked a majority of the city in Canterlot. A small pond flowed right next to the tree with orange flowers against the stream. For a second, Silver Sky thought one began to emit light, but thought it was simply the bright setting sun that shone right past the cliff in the distance.

“W-wow,” the pegasus stuttered. “T-this is amazing!” Even for a pegasus, Silver Sky had to admit this scene was simply stunning. Everything was so elegant, peaceful, and… simply beautiful. “How’d you manage to find this place?”

The mare grinned and sat next to the tree, looking over the amazing view placed before them. “Well, it’s a long story if you REALLY want to know.” The stallion trotted over to Night Light and placed himself right next to her.

“I got time you know.” He said nudging her. She smiles a gentle, caring smile back at him.

“Well… it goes like this.”

Author's Note:

Well, sorry for such a short chapter guys.

It's just... I've been busy... no seriously I have. I would've added more to it, but I felt obligated to post this short chapter just because I didn't have time to whip up and write anything Friday-Sunday as I was extremely busy. Not to mention my gaming life. Sheesh, who knew what Starcraft II could do to you. I was also to lazy to write more after I finished the first chapter, but HAVE NO FEAR! A LONG CHAPTER SHALL BE OUT.

This chapter sucked. Just wanted to point that out. Well, I mean it went well with my ideas, but it felt like I could've done better, like I NEED TO WRITE MORE. A LOT MORE, but whatever. Just tell me what you guys think and if I should continue. Besides, how I come up with stories is EXTREME HARDCORE IMPROOOOOOOOOOV! Go figure! I will try to make all my chapters 2k+ longer for each chapter, that's my goal.

Anways...yawn it's really fucking late. I'm to tired about shit to be writing things that's probably why I feel this way. I shouldn't stay up like this, but I wanted to whip this up for you guys since I felt bad for not posting later. Yeah um... it's just because I want to stay more active in writing stories, but that's kinda hard to do. Alright, next chapter I will try my utmost hardest to get something with at least 5k+ words up. KEYWORD: TRY. I'm sorry for this horrible excuse for a chapter/story.

Take it easy gais.

Oh! And one more thing. I realized I like to ramble. A lot.

K thx bia.

Oh! I don't think this chapter deserves a video :( but have a related-apology video/song.