• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 917 Views, 9 Comments

Like a wonderbolt - Andres Zavala



scotaloo has never been able to fly, but maybe someday... who knows. sorry for the grammatical mistakes :s

  • ...
4
 9
 917

Like a wonderbolt

“Look Rainbow, I can fly!” those words have been rumbling inside my head, words that I would possibly never be able to hear, not from Scootaloo, oh, that poor filly! All she ever wanted was to fly, fly like any Pegasus would, but not even that could be granted to her.
Scootaloo’s life has been hard, she didn’t had anypony to help her, she didn’t had too many friends, she didn’t had a loving family, but she never gave up, she stood up for herself, and she lives her life as happily as possible, “she’s so strong” I thought, and I was right, She is! I’m so proud of that filly! However, I was surely not the only pony who was proud of Scootaloo, Inky Gear even admired her, “she’s the face of persistence” he said, of course, he was the face of persistence, so those words, coming from him, were quite deep.
Since that field trip we made with Rarity, Applejack and the little crusaders, scoots became something like a sister to me, I had her under my wing; I taught her all I could about the blue skies, about the clouds and all the things that stood high up in the sky, things a Pegasus could control; I taught her about our job as weather the weather patrol, how we made rain, and even snowflakes. Scootaloo always listened to what I had to say very carefully and paid a lot of attention, after all, her dream was to be part of the weather patrol, and maybe even a wonderbolt… wow, I’m really proud of her, she has followed my example step by step! That’s cute, and maybe even a bit terrifying, but overall, cute, and very meaningful as well. I do remember all those times we have spent trying to make her fly, those lessons were very fun, sometimes she fell, and she definitely hurt herself a lot, but it would all be worth it someday; day by day Scootaloo got better, one day she even glided for a moment! It took her forever to do so, but, again, she’s strong and has an enormous will, so she’ll do whatever it takes to fly.
Today, I’m finally taking scoots to a new location for our flight lessons, near the canyon in the forest; she’s getting ready and seems very excited about our new location.
-Alright little one, time to go!
-Wait Rainbow Dash! I’m coming!
Scootaloo ran towards me with some bandages and first aid things, just if things went wrong, and I was really hoping those were not necessary at all, because an accident near a cliff… I just can’t imagine such thing.
Scootaloo and I walked through the town and the forest while I taught her a little bit more about my work as a member of the weather patrol, because I knew it could be necessary for her when she could finally fly; we walked for about an hour and a half until we got to the new location.
-Alright scoots, here we are…
I must admit I was a bit worried; the place Scootaloo chose for practicing was dangerous, even for me; I couldn’t help to remember the time when I got stuck down the canyon… if it wasn’t for Tank, I wouldn’t be here today.
Scootaloo’s eyes brightened up, she was amazed to finally be able to practice in a place like this one; she was very excited and happy… oh, I didn’t wanted to ruin that happiness, but it was dangerous, what if she fell down and… I don’t even want to know what I would do if she did.
-Ummm… scoots… I don’t think we should…
-Thank you sis!
Sis; Scootaloo never called me her sister before; a part of me was worried about something going wrong during the practice, but another part felt moved for that last phrase she said, I swear I almost shed a tear; Scootaloo appreciated me, she loved me so much she even considered me as a part of her family, and I felt like a part of her family myself, I was her family, the only family she had, her one, and her only sister, the only pony she could trust completely. Scootaloo noticed I had mixed emotions, so she backed away a little bit, I blushed.
-Oh… umm… sorry Rainbow Dash- she said, a bit embarrassed.
-Oh, it’s okay scoots.
-Were you… going to say something before that?
I was about to tell her we should cancel the practice, but her eyes were so full of pure happiness, that kind of happiness that was contagious.
-No; don’t mind that, let’s begin shall we?
I grabbed Scootaloo and began flying over the canyon, still worried about what could happen, and it got even worse, because it started raining; I was as worried as I could be, but Scootaloo was too excited to notice, and that was good, I didn’t wanted to ruin her happiness because of my worries.
“Ok Rainbow, everything’s okay; scoots is under your protection, you can handle any problem, nothing’s going to go wrong” I thought, and luckily, it calmed me down a bit, but not enough to keep going with the practice, I had to stop it; the rain was turning heavier and heavier, and it only made things worse, It was loud and it began blocking my sight; I was in a dilemma, should I stop the practice? Should I keep up? I couldn’t risk Scootaloo, she was too important, so I finally gathered enough courage to end with all that happiness, but it would be worth it, scoots would be safe.
-Scoots! I don’t think we should keep up with the practice today!
Scootaloo didn’t listen to me, she was too excited and the rain was too loud.
-I can do it!
I suddenly felt my hooves were lighter, like if Scootaloo suddenly got lighter, but she didn’t, she… she was gliding, by herself.
Scootaloo was gliding, no, she was flying! She flew for those few seconds! Oh! Those glorious seconds! But, unluckily, those seconds were not enough, not enough for me to take her back in my hooves and keeping her safe; she opened her eyes, and saw the canyon underneath, and her eyes got even shinier than before.
-I did it! Look rainbow! I can fly!
-Scoots! Come back here!
Scootaloo was no longer paying attention, too much adrenaline and excitement caused her to lose control, and then she… she… she fell down, down to the canyon.
-Scoots! - I screamed while flying to her as fast as a lightning.
She was falling without control, she flapped her wings as fast as her body allowed her to, she was screaming, and she probably saw her life in front of her eyes. I flew down without thinking it twice, and I almost grabbed her, but… I didn’t… I didn’t grabbed her… she… crashed.
-Scoots!
My eyes began to fill up with tears as the rain got heavier and heavier, Scootaloo was there, lying in front of me. I came closer and tried to get any sign that she was still alive, and then, I felt something that made me skip a heartbeat, it was a light, warm breeze blowing through scoots nose, she was still breathing, and her heart was still beating.
I took Scootaloo in my arms and flew back up, careful not to hurt her, and then I flew as fast as possible through the woods and back to ponyville.
-Please scoots, be strong, we’re almost there.
I flew as fast as possible, but the rain made it almost impossible to see; I almost crashed 2 or 3 times, until, by a miracle, I arrived to ponyville’s hospital.
-Somepony! Please! Help me!
I ran to the emergency room, which luckily was empty, and the doctor saw me with an angry face, but then saw Scootaloo in my arms.
-What… what happened!?
-Doctor, please! You’ve got to help her! Please!
The doctor took Scootaloo and placed her carefully in a bed, then he asked me to leave and called the nurses for help.
I stood in the waiting room, shocked; I waited for what seemed like hours, but were actually minutes, my eyes were still full of tears. A few minutes later, some of my friends and Scootaloo’s friends showed up, apparently, they knew what was going on.
-Rainbow Dash, what happened!?
-Twilight… I… Scootaloo… she is…
The doctor immediately came out of the emergency room, like if he didn’t wanted Twilight to know about the incident.
-She’ll make it, but she’s very weak. – he said –She keeps saying she wants to see Somepony called “Rainbow Dash”
The ponies looked at me, and then I walked into the emergency room, followed by the seven pones that were as anxious as me. I entered to see Scootaloo lying on a bed, with tons of different hospital machines surrounding her. The two little crusaders immediately ran towards her, and then they began crying, so did their sisters, Rarity and Applejack.
-Rainbow… - said Twilight –What… what happened to Scootaloo?
I didn’t wanted to answer, I just walked towards Scootaloo, not listening to anything, anything at all, I could just hear my own heartbeat, accelerated due to all the adrenaline that day produced.
-Scootaloo – I said, crying –I’m… I’m so sorry
-Rainbow… Rainbow Dash… is that you?
-Yes, it’s me scoots.
-What happened?
Her voice was weak, she was very cold, and her breathing was very slow as well.
-It was all my fault scoots… I… I wanted to stop, but you seemed so happy, so excited… I’m sorry.
Scootaloo looked at me, her eyes were pale as her skin, and I could perceive a lot of sadness in her eyes, they had lost their shine, all the happiness was gone, there was only pain.
-I’m sorry!
I began crying without control, I cried as I never cried before; Scootaloo could have died by my fault, she could have not made it, and I was to blame. The other ponies left the room, leaving only me and Scootaloo inside.
-Rainbow… did I… did I flew?
-F… flew?
-Did I?
I saw Scootaloo’s eyes again, she was smiling, her eyes got brighter, and her breathing was recovering its normal speed, she was alright. She disconnected all the hospital machines out of her body, and she stood up in her bed, still smiling. I stood up as well, looking at her, and again, her happiness was contagious, I smiled back; my tears were no longer caused by pain, but by happiness. Today I felt a lot of emotions, I felt pride, fear, sadness; but finally, I found what I was looking for, happiness, a moment of happiness I could share with Scootaloo; a moment that seemed like an eternity; I could finally share my happiness with Scootaloo… my sister, Scootaloo.
-Like a wonderbolt, sis.

Author's Note:

This is my very first fanfic, i'm doing some bigger projects but i hope you guys like it :D

Comments ( 9 )

I spotted several grammar errors, but I'm not on my 'puter, so I can't point them out for ya.

2722903 yeah... i'm not a native english speaker, sorry for the grammatical mistakes :s i'll try to spot them and correct them as soon as possible.

2723775 are those Lnkin Park lyrics? I swear I've heard that line in one of their songs....'In The End'?

Please indent your paragraphs! :twilightoops:

2727928 yeah, i've been correcting some stuff in the fanfic, i'll post the corrected version later :s

2722903 Objection my freind. Where have i seen that be4?

2755075 OBJECTION!
That... was objectionable...

Login or register to comment