• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 764 Views, 17 Comments

Daring Found *cancelled* - leafz pegasus



A well known enemy has taken the Diamond Wing; an artifact of unknown power. Well, I found out what it does after some... physical, persuasion.

  • ...
2
 17
 764

Heroes Never Die the way the Villain Wants them to

"Son of a bitch . . ."

I rolled over onto my stomach, to force the large object off of my back And onto the dusty stone floor of the temple.

I turned to look at what had come out of the Diamond Wing; I was surprised at what I found.

"What the hay?"

The figure in question was wearing a plain, white, button up shirt with The sleeves rolled up at the elbow, stained with dirt and blood. Around his waist he had a worn out leather belt and black jeans. For shoes he was wearing boots that were eerily similar to my own.

He looked as if he came from any cliché adventure movie, and I didn't like it. Not one bit.

So, I did what an sane Fortune Hunter does when confronted with an object that they have no idea will do when prompted; I poked his face with a stick.

He didn’t even flinch.

I threw the stick behind me, eliciting a nonexistent cat to meow angrily.

Huh.

Ignoring the phantom cat meow, I turned my gaze lower to his clothing.

"Does this guy think he's cool or something? Wearing his sleeves up like that, or that his fading black jeans make him look cool? The blood stains on his shirt . . ."

Wait . . . Blood stains!

"Oh my gosh he's bleeding!"

I lugged the unconscious man over my shoulder and slowly trudged out of the room.

Taking one last glance at what was once the Diamond Wing, I crossed the threshold into the main chamber, shaking my head in failure.

I placed the man against the crumbling wall, and I would have lit a torch had the blue screen from earlier not been illuminating the small area with its faint light.

"Now, how do I wake up an unconscious person?" I muttered to myself, staring down at the poorly-dressed man.

I had several ideas in mind, some of them more viable than others.

One such idea was whipping him until he woke up, but I thought it would be against my best interests to do that.

So instead I opted to repeatedly throw the metal object that was laying next to him at his stomach.

BOOM!

After the fourth time of hitting the man in the gut, the metal thing shot fire from the end and made me hold my ears in pain.

"AH TOAST ATTAaa...ack. What the hell?"

The man looked around the temple in confusion at his position against the wall before turning his gaze to me.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Daring Do. Ace adventurer and treasure hunter!" I snickered, " and just who are you supposed to be? A cliché movie hero?"

The man laughed heartily. "No, but I do get that a lot. Name's Doctor Drake Bones. But all my friends call me Bones. And when I mean all my friends, I mean a sociopathic German man."

What kind of drugs is this guy taking? I thought to myself, furrowing my brows and widening my eyes, taking a step back.

"Um, okay then. Could you explain to me why you appeared in this temple? And just why you had to destroy the Diamond Wing to do so?" I added in angrily.

That wing would've been worth a fortune! Now it's worthless thanks to this idiot.

"As to how I got to this temple, I have no clue. All I remember is an argument about dirty magazines and then the Diamond Wing hitting the ground and breaking. After that, I woke up here."

"Anything else?" I questioned as threateningly as I could.

The man paused for a moment before replying. "Nope!"

Needless to say, my palm made a wonderful companion with my face.

"Alright then, how about a question" I began slowly, "How about, since you look like your such an adventurer, I let you go on your way while I go on mine. Deal?"

The man didn't even flinch. "Sure. I need to go make sure the University knows where I am anyways."

Oh my Celestia this was easier than I thought.

I watched as the man picked up the strange metal object and put it into an odd pocket on his belt. He walked off towards the entrance of the temple as I watched until he passed through a large doorway.

I jumped to my feet. "Well, I got rid of him rather easily. And now that I think of it. Most if this has been a bit too easy. No traps, a guardian that broke, and now I can just freely leave? This is a first."

Not one to question my streak of good luck, I started off for the exit when I heard a click under my boot.

"It's never this easy."

The room began to rumble as the decrepit ceiling started to fall apart and as gravity would have it, fall towards me.

"Crap crap crap!" I shouted to myself as I began dodging falling debris while making my mad dash for the entrance.

I dived for the entrance just as a large section of the ceiling sealed the entrance.

I sat up on the ground and pulled my knees up to my chin. "First, I lose the Diamond Wing. Then I meet a weirdo that didn't even know where he was. And on top of all that, I broke another temple! Could this trip get any worse?" I whined sadly.

"Ah, yes. Yes it could my Dear Daring."

<=+=>


I wandered through the odd forest, wondering just where in the Seven Hells I was.

I walked along, pointing out things that shouldn't be there. "That doesn't exist, that's extinct, I don't even know what that is- and this is coming from a History professor!"

A chicken snake thing charged through the path, mere feet away from me, followed by a small group of what appeared to be wolves made of wood.

"I may not be a biology professor, but I'm sure as hell that isn't right."

After the wooden wolves sighting, I kept my hand on my revolver, unsure of what else this forest had for me up its figurative sleeve.

After passing the same tree five times, I decided it was time for a quick break.

"I wonder how that Daring girl is doing," I shrugged, noncommittally, "eh, she's probably fine."

<=+=>


I clutched my bleeding arm, torn open from one of Ahuitzotl's minions.

My Archenemy, Ahuitzotl, was admittedly enough, quite handsome. He had slicked back black hair, golden irises, and a chiseled face. He always wore that black suit and blood red tie; stating that, 'I am on business, and should be dressed as such.'

I glared defiantly at said villain, daring him to act again.

"Why do you continue to fight Daring? You know you've lost; yet you continue. Why is this?"

I smirked. "Usually I do it just to spite you."

"Oh, Daring, I'm so hurt that you think of me in that way. I bet you stay up all night thinking of ways I could suffer a terrible injury."

I chuckled darkly. "It happens from time to time."

Or all the time.

Ahuitzotl frowned. "Well, now the friendly banter is over with, maybe we could come to an agreement, yes?"

I spit, aiming for his face, but all it did was get all over his suit.

"Tsk tsk, very improper for a woman, don't you think? I think so. And if all I'm going to get out of you further is more spit, than I guess this is where this little game of cat and mouse of ours ends. Men, would you please show Ms. Daring to ‘the door’"

Ahuitzotl walked out the clearing, two of his hideous minions following close behind.

The remaining four pulled out machetes and knives. Being unable to move because of the awfully uncomfortable rope bindings, I did what any other fortune hunter about to be stabbed to death would do.

"HHEELLPP!!"

<=+=>

I sat against an odd blue tree, thinking of what I should do next and organizing my priorities.

I'm in the middle of a jungle in God knows where. I have no contact with the University or the research center. It's okay; I've been in worse during that foul up in the middle if the Arabian Desert. Thank God I found that friendly trading caravan.

"Ugh, I'm going off on tangents again. Now I know what my students mean when they say I become distracted easily."

"Maybe I'll feel more focused after a well deserved nap."

I climbed up onto a low branch, still wary of the wooden wolves I saw earlier.

I was about to drift off into the realm of infinite possibilities when a scream pierced the air.

"HELP!"

At first, I simply dismissed it as an odd coincidental noise that the Forest was creating.

“HELP!”

The cry was louder and clearer, prompting me to jump down and hit the ground running, desperate to help whomever was in trouble.

It sounds awfully familiar though

"HHEELLPP!!"

I broke into a dead sprint for the voice, dodging the oncoming shrubbery and vines, right hand already on my revolver and I thumbed the hammer back.

I finally broke through the tree line into a clearing. In the clearing there were four unknown masked men, all wielding machetes and knives.

Men wielding blades was nothing new, I was actually quite glad they had blades- it usually means they weren't carrying firearms. What threw me off was their target.

The girl from earlier.

She was cut up something fierce and her clothing was in ribbons. She was bleeding heavily and looked like she was about to collapse, and her countenance showed pure terror, but her eyes showed defiance and a fighting spirit, no matter how broken.

"Hey, idiots!" The four men stopped and turned to me in confusion; only to have a revolver barrel pointed at them.

"Bang."

I fired off the first shot, downing the first of them instantly.

I thumbed the hammer back again and downed another of the knife wielding freaks with a bullet to the chest before they got over their initial shock. I thumbed the hammer back a third time, the wheel changing the spent round to a fresh one.

One of the freaks charged me and he brought his machete up to strike, only for me to bring up the revolver in a defensive block. Sparks flew of the barrel as the blade grinded down and halted at the finger guard. I pushed him back with a grunt of effort and fired as he stumbled back, and then finally dropping to the ground.

I the revolver made a menacing click as I thumbed the hammer back a final time.


The freak hesitated as he weighed his options. Charging the man with a loaded revolver, and said revolver being pointed at you, no longer seemed like a pleasing idea. The last one thought rationally and ran into the thick of the forest.

I holstered the gun and jogged over to the girl. She was barely conscious and bleeding out. Remembering the girl's name from earlier, I tried to keep her talking, as I knew that an unresponsive patient is most likely going to soon become a dead patient.

"Daring, c'mon, stay with me here."

"Drake . . .?"

I torn a strip of clothe from my sleeve and covered up her most severe wound; a large gash in her right arm that seemed too rough to be caused by a blade.

Unable to give her professional medical help, I needed to take her to a
doctor, and quickly.

"Daring. This is very important. I need you to tell me how to find the nearest town."

Daring lulled her head a bit to the side and said, "map . . . In my pocket . . .”

Oh God, this girl has like, twenty pockets!

I quickly rummaged through daring's front pockets, and I was unable to find the map.

"Which pocket is the map in, Daring."

"Left . . . Top."

I spotted the pocket she was mumbling about, and cursed my luck.

Out of the twenty pockets or so she had. She had to put it in that one.

I slowly reached for the pocket.

It doesn't count I'm just helping her, it doesn't count, it doesn't count . . .

I tried my best not to touch Daring's perfect chest while I quickly unbuttoned the pocket and pulled out a slightly cut map.

"Ahah!" I found a circled 'X' with the name, 'Zumidia'.

I gently picked up the injured fortune hunter in a classic bridal hold, and I began to make my hasty journey to the town, and hopefully, to help for the poor girl in my arms.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait!

Hope the people still reading this are happy!

Comments ( 5 )

What if i respectfully disagree?

Comment posted by Jynxer Darkpon3 deleted Oct 3rd, 2013

Now that i know more German i will say you have you Accusative and Dative mixed up. I will now give you the most annoying song in existence to help with that.

Login or register to comment