• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 1,589 Views, 10 Comments

What Once Was - crescentmoon



Discord; once the ruler of Equestria. Fair, and Loyal. He had the love of the dear Celestia, and the friendship of kind Luna. What changed? What happened, to make this once loved creature...the most feared in all of Equestria...

  • ...
3
 10
 1,589

Chapter Two

“1,100 years ago, Equestria was much like it was now. Peaceful. Celestia’s and my parents; our father Artemis, the King of the Sunset, and our mother, Arinna, the Queen of the Sunrise took care of most of the duties we have now, such as setting and rising the sun and moon…but Discord, took care of all the other royal duties, and was considered a Prince.
“His family had ruled with ours, but they had died that year of something unknown…and he took over. He was young…well, we all were. I wasn’t but just a teenager; Celestia was a young mare…and Discord her same age. We were all friends, at least, it seemed so…but after Discord’s parents had died…he became obsessed with finding out why and how…and that’s when it all happened.”

"Tiiiaaaa! TIA TIA TIAAAA!" I yelled, pouncing down the cobblestone pathway towards our home. I was almost there…I could see the small clearing where Celestia loved to sit and read….I could see her long pink mane flowing with the motion of the warm breeze.
"TIAAAHHHHH!" I managed to yell, before I came to a skidding halt, and fell on my face. My blue mane fell into my eyes, but I managed to see the small rabbit that looked at me in horror, and quickly scampered off.
"Silly Filly! Are you okay?" Celestia asked, offering her hoof to help me up.
"I'm fine…is the bunny okay? I didn't hurt it, did I? Oh…!"
"Oh Luna…I'm sure she's fine. I'm more worried about you. Why were you in such a rush? I could hear you all the way across the pavilion!" Celestia laughed. I looked up,
"Oh yeah! Tia! Guess what?" I yelled.
"Someone has been practicing their Royal Canterlot Voice a little too much?" She laughed.
"Oh…what? No!" I snapped.
"Shoot, I thought I had it right!"
"Funny! No, a VERY special somepony wants to see you in the gardens though!" I giggled. Celestia's brow furrowed.
"Is that so? And who is this SPECIAL SOMEPONY?"
"No hints!” I smiled. Celestia chuckled,
“Is that so? Not even a little one?”
“…Nope?” I hesitated. She gave me a stern look.
“Okay…it’s Discord.” I huffed. She blushed,
“Oh, and did he say why?” She seemed flustered,
“BECAUSE HE WANTS TO SMOOCH YOU!” I giggled. She blushed even more, but then got a stern look in her eye.
“N-nno. Whatever. He probably just wants to talk. I’ll…I’ll see you later Luna!” She mumbled, walking towards the gardens.
“Okay…bye Tia!” I yelled, bouncing off. But it wasn’t really bye…as I followed her secretly, to the gardens.

I had managed to follow Celestia without her noticing for a good while. She walked slowly, and hummed a sweet song. She stopped every once and a while to smell a flower, or say hello to a small animal. When she finally made it to the gazebo in the middle of the garden, where she would find Discord, she took a small breath and smiled even bigger.

“Celestia! I’m glad you’re here.” Discord had a smaller smile, but he looked pleased to see my sister. She giggled,

“Oh? And why is that.”

“I have made some serious headway. Come, take a look.” He said, motioning her to the bench within the gazebo. Her smile faded a little, and I groaned and smacked my hoof to my face. This was the way he acted for the past year. He may have been betrothed to Celestia, but ever since his parents died, he had done nothing but take books out of the library into his room to study. He had ignored us for a while now…and I could tell it hurt Celestia. He showed her a big leather book, which seemed to have some markings on the outside and was surrounded by some small blue jewels.

“I think my parents may have been taken by a spirit.” He started, Tia looked confused,

“A spirit? Like a ghost?” Discord shook his head,

“No. Like an entity of sorts. I talked to Starswirl the Bearded and-”

“Starswirl the Bearded? The Wizard? How did you manage that?” She asked.

“He was curious as well. So anyway…”

“Discord. Don’t you think we should talk?” Celestia looked worried. Discord lifted his head in confusion,

“Aren’t we talking, Celestia?”

“I mean about something else…you’ve been talking about theories and creatures who may or may not have killed your parents for months now…I miss you. I miss the talks we used to have…”

“What are you saying Celestia? You saying I’m obsessed? Because you know what…”

“Discord, please…”

“Please what? You wanted to talk, we’re talking Celestia. I’m just telling you how it is. If you had lost your parents...you would be doing the same thing in my hooves. Think about that Celestia.” He said, flying off. Celestia looked as though she was about to cry, but she sniffled a bit, held her head up, and walked off. I felt bad. She was just trying to help him…and he got angry. I may be little, but I loved my sister and I wanted to help her. So I chased after Discord to give me a piece of my mind.

“Hey you big bully!” I yelled. Discord stopped in his tracks, and turned around.

“What do you want Luna?” He moaned, I glared at him.

“Tia was only trying to help you. You may not realize you big jerk, but my sister loves you to pieces! And you may be sad, and sure, I can’t blame you…but she’s worried about you. And you never play with me anymore, and you’ve certainly stopped hanging around her! So think about THAT next time you snap at my sister.” I yelled. He looked startled.

“Luna, I-“

“Bye, Discord.” I huffed, holding my head up high. I heard him sigh behind me, and drop the leather bound book on the ground.

Author's Note:

UPDATE TWO: Combined Chapters 3&4 to make a big Chapter Two.

Sorry for the lack of updating guys! I'm working on Chapter 3 right now, I've just been a bit stuck, and busy. (My Step-Mom is almost ready to give birth to my brother, sometime this week) So when I'm at the hospital, I'll try and work on it some more! If there is anything you would like to see in the next chapter or 2? Let me know in the comments! Inspiration is always helpful to me.
Thanks Guys~
Crescent Moon

Comments ( 9 )

Well... I could do a great many things, and I shall. :pinkiecrazy:

Firstly, congratulations on reaching 11 likes on your story on what I'm pretty sure is your first story. It does say in the author's note on Chapter One that it is your 'second'.

Secondly, I could not find a single grammatical error, but the chapters could have been a little bit longer.

Thirdly, The character aspect for Celestia was so far away as for it to be an OC personality, I'm sure you meant it like that, but it is a bit disconcerting. The rest of them were good, particularly the childish Luna.

And finally. Keep at it! Practice makes perfect, after all.

awesome story i loved it so far can't what to read the rest :pinkiehappy:

2670365 Yup! I love them as a couple. :pinkiehappy:

2670261 Thank you very much! Next update is in a couple of days. :coolphoto:

2669970 Thanks for the Critique. In the next update, I'm gonna fix Celestia's lines and mannerisms, but I did want her to feel detached from the whole situation, since this is a Dislestia story told by Luna, I wanted her to feel sad and still think of what had happened, as if it still was happening to her. And this is in fact my second written fanfic. The first is on FanFiction.net and it's a Halo one, but this is my first MLP one if you wanna count it like that, and a second is gonna be on the way after I wrap this one up And finally, I know the chapters should be longer, but it becomes harder to add to them, so I just add a new one when the subject ends,. :twilightsmile:

2671144 She should be less "startled" and describe some body language. Describe the scenes- places around them. Don't focus TOO much on dialogue- heh, I feel I don't put enough dialogue because I am a bit of a poet; describing is pretty easy. anyways! The chapters could be beefed up, or combined into one chapter, but otherwise awesome! FAVORITING! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

i really like this story hope to read more soon:twilightsmile:

o m g
i would LOVE THIS to go on :(((
its really good

Login or register to comment