• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 1,509 Views, 45 Comments

What A Rarity - Mil Spec Pony



Nikolai Zander has a dark past and life, but then one day he find somone that will change his life.

  • ...
4
 45
 1,509

Chapter 4 : The Helper

The Helper

“Nikolai…” the sound of Rarity’s strained voice woke me; a strange darkness filled the house.

“Rarity, where are you?” I reached for the lamp next to the couch, but it didn’t light.

“Help me, Nikolai…” her voice was weak, something was wrong.

I jumped up and looked around the dark room, I could see things moving out of the corners of my eyes, but each time I turned to look at them they disappeared.

“RARITY WHERE ARE YOU!” I was now getting desperate.

“Help me… please… help me”

The lights in the hallway leading towards Rarity’s bedroom slowly started glowing a dim orange light, witch slowly revealed Rarity laying on the bed, but something was wrong, the look in her eye… she was in pain.

“Rarity what’s wrong” I began to run down the hall, just as I was about the reach the door it slammed shut and I nearly ran into it, just as I placed my hand on the doorknob I heard HIS voice.

“You will always be alone Nikolai…” HIS voice was a whisper, yet I heard it as though HIS mouth was next to my ear.

Then… Rarity began to scream. “NIKOLAI HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME! IT HURTS! NIKOLAI!”

“NOOOOOO,” I bellowed at the door as I slammed my entire body against it again and again and again. The door didn’t give way, hell it didn’t even budge no matter how hard I slammed myself against it.



Suddenly with an audible gurgle, Rarity’s screams stopped and so did my efforts to break the door down.

“Please no… no” I whispered at the floor with my head against the door, the white carpet below the door slowly turned a dark shade of crimson, at the sight of It I again began to bellow prayers at the door and ram my body against it.

Finally it gave way and I crashed through it, tripping to the floor.

The normally white carpet was stained with dark crimson spots, just like the white sheets were and on the bed… she laid... motionless.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, Rarity, talk to me, please” I begged as I crawled onto the bed and took her in my arms. Her eyes stared into mine, there was no life left in them, no spark. Tears poured uncontrollably from my eyes.

“Don’t leave me… I don’t want to be alone again…” I begged, but to no use… she was gone, taking from me like everyone I’ve ever care about.

Then HE talked, HIS voice felt like needles. “She’s dead Nikolai, just like all of you family and friends, face it you are meant to suffer, to be alone”

“You…” I laid Rarity down slowly and whispered “I’m so sorry…” afterwards I turned my head to face HIM. HIS smile was mocking me. “What? Are you going to kill me? Again?”

I stood up on the bed and trusted myself towards HIM, rage filled me, it burned inside me, but before I reached HIM I was blinded by a bright light and with it the desperate voice of Rarity followed.


“Nikolai, please wake up!”


I did, for real this time, my clothes were soaked with sweat, I was gasping for air and my heart raced. I looked to my side and saw Rarity looking at me; her azure blue eyes were no longer cold and blank.

“Are…are you ok?” concern was clear in her voice.

I turned to her. “I… I just had a bad dream don-“

Rarity interrupted me; anger mixed itself with her concern. “Do not tell me not to worry; you had a nightmare just like that the first day I was here. You screamed: Wake up! But this time you were screaming my name and whispering: no, again and again. Please… tell me what did you dream?”

I didn’t want to tell her, but since she acted like that there wasn’t really anything else to do.

“You… you were being murdered...” Rarity gasped “and I couldn’t save you, no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get to you. You were in the bedroom with… someone from my past… he made you scream for help… when I finally got to you…it was to-”

Rarity jumped up on the couch and hugged me tight.

“It was just a dream, a stupid, stupid dream. I know that if I am ever going to be in any kind of danger you will be there to help me and keep me safe, no matter what obstacle is in your way” I could hear that she meant every word.

I hugged her back. Her words meant a lot to me, we had really grown close these past 7 months we had been living together.

We sat for a little while in the embrace. After a while Rarity lifted her head up to mine and our eyes met. Those azure blue eyes of hers were still filled with concern, the anger was gone, but it had been replaced with curiosity.

“If…” Rarity began in a low and cautious voice. “If I would ask whom it was from your past that you dreamt about… would you then tell me?”

I looked away for a quick second as I thought about her words.

“The person I dreamt of is… was someone who took everything from me… He was the one that killed my parents”

Rarity let out a low gasp.

“But please, I don’t want to talk about my parents… or their killer, It’s a subject that I really don’t want to talk about” a few tears escaped my eyes as I thought of my mother and father… and HIM.

Rarity whipped a few of them away. “It’s okay, You don’t have to…” The tone in her voice was calming and I felt myself relaxing again.



I didn’t get to get completely relaxed do to a sudden volley of bright flashes that came from the large living room window, they made me snap to attention. It was someone with a camera his face was partially obscured by the hood of his jacket.

I didn’t think, I just yelled.

“STAY RIGHT THERE YOU SON OF A BICTH!”

He didn’t.

“SHIT” I yelled as I bolted towards the front door and took chase, leaving a startled Rarity behind. I was not going to let him get away, if he did, all of the world would come crashing down upon Rarity.

“STOP OR I`LL MAKE YOU REGRET YOU DIDN`T!” I roared this towards my prey whom was running towards his car for dear life. He didn’t listen and once I was close, I griped his arm and used the momentum to throw him to the ground.

A puff of snow flew up into the air as he hit it hard, instantly I locked his arm and placed a knee on his back to keep him down.

“You should have stopped when I told you to” I said this as I pulled his hood off reveling… her face.

“Please don’t hurt me, Mr. Zander, please don’t hurt me”

Instead of a man, I was pinning down a young woman, a woman that I knew.

“… Elucia… what the hell are you doing here?”


--


“let me get this straight, Michael told you that I needed an assistant and that’s why you came here, but you were afraid to knock on the front door so you walked around the house to look through the windows, then you saw me sitting on the couch with Rarity and the first thing that comes to your mind is to take a photo… really?” my tone was a little harsher then I had wanted it to be.

“I’m sorry, I… I… I”

The sniffling girl in front of me was none other than my handler Elucia De Lute, by handler I mean the link between me and R.S.C HQ. To be honest I wasn’t all that surprised about her actions, Elucia was… kind of special… let’s just keep it at that for now, I’ll explain later.


Rarity jabbed me with a hoof and sent me an scolding glance, before turning her attention toward the sniffling paparazzi.

“There, there my dear don’t be sad, he does not mean it like that, it is just that we were rather startled by you taking those photos. You see no one knows about me being here and we would prefer if it remained like that for just a while longer, do you understand?” Rarity spoke in a calming tone that had great effect.

“Yes miss Rarity I understand, I’m sorry. It’s just something I do, I’m so sorry” sniffed Elsie. The last part was very true about her. She always had her camera with her and she would take pictures no matter what the situation.

Rarity padded her hand softly with her hoof, reassuring her that it was all right, I was quite surprised to see how calmly Elucia took the fact that Rarity was a talking unicorn. She had of course been quite surprised when she met Rarity face to face, but other than that she acted as though Rarity was just another human being.


A devious thought crossed my mind.


“Hey Rarity I have an idea for how Elucia can make up for startling us” I said with a broad smile.

“Oh darling she does not have to do anything it was just a little mistake on her part”

“You could make her try on the dresses that you made and –“ I didn’t get to finish as Rarity nearly exploded.

“Elucia as punishment for your violation of our privacy, I want you to try on all of the dresses I have made so far and I want you to be my model for any future dresses that I will be making. Now come with me, your punishment will start as of right now” Rarity jumped behind Elucia and nudged her with her horn.

Elucia only managed to utter a few buts before being lead upstairs by her unicorn captor.


I couldn’t help but laugh a little at the sight. With both of them now gone I thought it would be best to call Michael and thank him, Having Elucia here would make the coming media-storm much easier to handle.

The phone only rang once before Michael picked up.

“Hey Nick, did you like the little surprise I sent you?”

“Hey boss, yeah we were pretty surprised, so surprised that I ran after her and threw her to the ground”

“You did what?”


We talked back and forth for a little while about how I had handled the situation, how Rarity and Elucia had reacted when they met each other face to face and how she had more or less forced Elucia upstairs to dress her.


“Ha ha, that poor girl. Let me guess she hasn’t told you anything about my plans for Rarity reveal has she”

I chuckled a little before answering. “Nope, I probably scared her so much that she completely forgot. Tell me what do you have planned?”

Michael began to explain in detail what he had planned and how we should meet face to face and discuss what was going to happen. We didn’t get to talk much longer since other thing needed his attention.


“Okay boss I’ll tell her. I’ll call you tomorrow and tell you how she took the news okay”

“Sure thing Nick, tell Rarity I said hi”

“I will boss, don’t you worry”


Michael and I said our farewells and hung up. I chuckled all the way up the stairs as I thought about how rarity would react when I told her the news.

As I walked through the door I was met by the sight of a princess… or at least that’s how Elucia looked.

”-Oh and I must make a tiara for you dear, Then you will truly look bedazzling” Rarity was beaming with joy as she was using her magic to manipulate the cloth that was most likely going to be a part of Elucia’ s dress.

“Could I maybe also get some glass shoes, I have always wanted glass shoes” squealed Elucia; she was just as happy as Rarity was.

I spoke before Rarity could answer, I couldn’t wait to see her reaction.

“Okay, I just got off the phone with Michael and I have some good news and some bad news for you Rarity. The bad news is that we need to live somewhere more secure if you are to be revealed to the world, so continuing to live here isn’t really going to work”

As I talked I could see that she was sad to hear this, she had grown attached to this house, just like I had.

“The best place for us to stay would be near R.S.C’s European headquarters” I finished my sentence with a smile.

Rarity’s eyes widened in disbelief. “Does that mean that we are…” she held her hooves in front of her mouth, trying to hold back her excitement.

“Yes, that means that we are going to France”

She didn’t respond to my answer, she what you would expect her to do… she fainted.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry it took so long for me to post this, ive had my hands full with a lot of stuff.
I hope you enjoy it, please leave a comment with your thoughts on this chapter.

Comments ( 12 )

awwwwwww awesome chapter bro!
have a mini pinkie pie!
:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

FINALLLLYYYYYY!
you finally did it
great chapter btw.

913854
Thanks friend, im glad that you liked it.

OMC its to cute to eat:rainbowkiss:

913896

Took to long, i just hope that i can get the next chapters out quicker.

Im happy that you liked it.:twilightsmile:

921506

Yeah i know, i kinda overused the comma. My first languege is Danish, thats one of the reasons for the many mistakes:twilightsheepish:

I'll go back and correct some of the mistakes when i have the time. I promise:scootangel:

934068
IM ON IT:flutterrage:

Chapter five is in the making and it is going to be quite a bit longer than the other ones.:pinkiecrazy:

hope you will enjoy it.:twilightsmile:

Dammit dude, this is a really good story.

I just hope this isn't going to be a my little dashie type of ending :fluttercry:

Anyways keep it up :twilightsmile:

947756 Thank man, im really glad you liked it.:twilightsmile:

And about the ending......:pinkiecrazy: we'll see, won't we

YES!! You updated while I was away from fimfiction for two months!:twilightsmile:
*reads* Shit got dark yo! I think I may have to reread the previous chapters to see if HIM popped up previously.(which given your story is not a bad thing:pinkiehappy::raritywink:)

Why do I have the feeling that Michael is going to horribly betray Nikolai?

Just a few things to correct:
1) During the chase scene 'pray' should be 'prey'
(Pray: talking to higher being of choice. Prey: The source of your next meal.)
2) "...I roared this towards my pray whom was running..." would work better as "...I roared as I ran towards my prey..." (I think a comma may be needed after my roar though(damn you comma rules!:twilightangry2:))
3) Nikolai never said/shouted "Wake up" during his dream sequence

Aside from that, I was glad to see it update and see the plot move a bit. The chapter was a bit short though:applecry:
I'll be looking foward to more in future.

Other silly chapter name ideas:
Rarity's militia
Rarity's private military
Rarity Sans Frontieres ((a play on the French name of both Big Boss' "Military Without Borders" group before Outer Heaven and "Doctors Without Borders") I may have messed up the 'border' part of the name:facehoof:)
Rarity and Chief

1476137 I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed it and I do apologize for it being as short as it was.:twilightblush:

There isn’t really any description yet about whom "HIM / HE" is but it won't be long until he will play a bigger role in the story. (Insert sinister grin here)

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, they have been corrected. The "you screamed wake up" part, referred to the first time Nikolai had a nightmare, but i also edited that so it hopefully became clearer.

I appreciate the ideas, which are not silly:pinkiehappy:.
They actually gave me a funny little idea.

Again thank you for reading my story and I’m glad you enjoyed, I’ve been working hard on the next chapter over the last couple of months and I’m hoping that i can finish it so it'll be out in December. It going to be the longest chapter yet.

Login or register to comment