• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 1,509 Views, 45 Comments

What A Rarity - Mil Spec Pony



Nikolai Zander has a dark past and life, but then one day he find somone that will change his life.

  • ...
4
 45
 1,509

Chapter 2 : The Beginning

The Beginning

09:48 am. Was the time when I decided to stop wandering the forest in search of the white pony’s friends, I had more or less searched everywhere in the nearby area, if any person would have been near they would most likely have thought that I was insane since they would have heard me shouting things like “Hallo are there any ponies around, your unicorn friend asked me to look for you” and “To all ponies, I can provide shelter and food, your white coated friend is already resting at my house” then again I was looking for ponies so I couldn’t really shout anything else.

I couldn’t help but feel a little down since I had not found any ponies, but I had to check on the one that was sleeping in my house.


Carefully I opened the front door and walked in. ”Are you awake yet, miss…unicorn” I felt like an idiot once I heard my own words, she did not respond and I proceeded into the living room from where I could see into the bedroom. She was still asleep and I had no intentions of waking her just yet, she needed all the rest she could get.


My clothes were soaking wet, the raincoat had kept me dry most of the night, but eventually it couldn’t stand against the heavy rain.

”Cheap shit” was my thoughts as I walked into my washroom and pulled the wet clothes off my body. The raincoat was hung up to dry, my clothes were thrown into the dryer and my boots were placed near a radiator, after I was done I put on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, then it was onward to the kitchen, I had not eaten anything since yesterday morning and now my stomach was growling like a beast.

The refrigerator had nothing new to offer, but thanks to my hunger, this morning the salami covered toast and hot coffee combination was not that bad. The little pony was probably going to be hungry once she woke; luckily a bag of carrots was hidden in the back of my refrigerator, they were quickly rinsed under running water and placed in a bowl of water so they were fresh when she awoke.

I walked into the living room and gazed into the bedroom once more; the white and purple form on the bed had shifted its position, but was still asleep. Its white coat blended quite well with the bare walls of my house, its mane and tail on the other hand stood out strongly, the strong purple color was alone in a sea of black and white.


I found myself staring at her mane and tail, the color made me feel calm, at one point I became so relaxed that I couldn’t hold back a yawn. I was truly tired, but then again I had been out searching for her friends the entire night.

“Well I guess I’ll get a little sleep myself”

I laid down on the couch and fell asleep minutes later.


--


“Nikolai can you come in here for a second?” my father called out from his study.

“What is it dad?”

Wake up…

“Hey son, when you’re done with school today would you mind stopping by the florist; I’ve bought a special something for your mother”

Wake up, god damnit.

Proudly I responded “Sure dad, I’ll get it”

“Thanks son, I knew I could count on you” my father said as he hugged me.

WAKE UP!!!


--


I sat on the edge of couch and stared down into the floor; sweat was dripping of the tip of my nose, my breathing was heavy and my heartbeat frantic, my mind rushed with hate and anger, memories of my past forced themselves into remembrance, memories that I wished I could just…wash away.

“Excuse me…” a soft voice to my side said.

I turned my head slowly to see the little unicorn looking at me with fear and concern in her eyes.

“I...I heard you yell, is...Is everything alright?”

“Yeah it was just… just had a bad dream, don’t worry about it, it’s nothing”

The little unicorn looked at me, frightened and concerned, but the look in her eye reveled that she was curios to hear about her friends.

“I went back to the forest after I had brought you here, but sadly I didn’t find any of your friends despite having looked the entire night and sorry for wakening you"

The pony shock her head.

"Oh no please do not apologies, you have helped me even though I am a complete stranger to you, I slept the night away while you were out looking for my friends, I... I don’t know how to thank you"

"You don’t need to thank me, if I had left you in the woods I wouldn’t be able to live with myself" I had calmed as we talked and the anger I felt disappeared.

"Are you hungry?"

Her big azure eyes became even bigger then I had thought possible, and just as she opened her mouth, most likely to utter a no, her stomach growled even louder than mine had when I returned from my search.

Her face became a bright red and for some reason, I felt warm inside as I saw her reaction.

"I prepared some carrots for you, I’m sorry I don’t have anything else right now, I just moved in so the varieties in food are almost none existing”

The real reason for my lack of refrigerator content were that with my none existing coronary skills I could not make a real meal even if my life depended on it, micro oven meals were what kept me nourished.


"I...I don’t know what to say, other than thank you, thank you oh so very much, for everything" she said as she bowed her head towards me.

"Oh where are my manners, my name is Rarity, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance"


Before I could introduce myself like she had her belly growled again, it was even louder than the last time, her face blushed once more, and I couldn’t stop the little smile that crawled over my face.

“Hello Rarity my name is Nikolai let’s wait with further introductions a little longer, you can eat as many of the carrots you want, I have already eaten and right now I’m really longing for a bath"

I said this while I walked over to the sink and emptied the bowl of it water and afterwards sat it on the living room table, Rarity looked at it with hungry eyes.

"Well if anything comes up, anything at all just come get me, ok"

"...ok, thank you once again...Nikolai" she smiled with a grateful smile.

"You’re welcome, miss Rarity" I said as I walked towards the bathroom, before entering I gazed back at the little unicorn, she looked at me with a smile, again I felt a warmth in my chest.


--


My smell was rather sharp; my "nightmare" had made me sweat heavily, this was not the first time it had happened, each time I would dream about my past, I would try to force myself awake so I could get away from the memories, but no one can run from their memories nor can they forgot them, I had tried to do that for 11 years now and just as I thought I was free of my past it would return in my dreams.

“I’m probably getting a cold, since my chest feels like this” I said to myself as I pulled the wet, sweaty clothes of my body and walked in under the shower.

The water was cold and it helped clear my mind of thoughts, except one.

“What should I do now?” I asked myself as I thought of the pony in my house with the emotional features of a human being, where she was from was a mystery but I did intend on asking her and if she knew how to get back home.

“I really don’t need this right now, I just want to spend some time by myself without any worries” I said as I rubbed shampoo into my hair.

“No, I promised I would help her find her friends, I won’t break that promise, but I guess I should try and get some answers”

As I dried myself with a towel, I saw my refection in the bathroom mirror, seeing my own tattoos made think about the three diamonds on Rarity’s behind.

“I wonder if it’s a branding… no the diamonds are blue, they have to be tattoos- “

CRACK “AAAH”


The sound of shattering glass and Rarity yelping made me jump to attention and barge out of the bathroom door.

“WHAT HAPPENED?” I yelled in an aggressive voice, then my eyes met Rarity’s, they were again filled with fear, in front of her was the fragmented glass bowl.

“I...I’m...So-sorry...Please...I” she was on the verge of tears.

“Oh shit, no don’t be afraid, I, uh 2 seconds” I quickly tied a towel around my waist and walked over and kneelt down next to her.

Her eyes sparkled and her lower lip quivered, it was obvious that I still frightened her and my outburst had only made her fear me more.

“You don’t have to be afraid, I don’t care about the bowl, I thought something happened to you, please, you don’t need to be afraid of me, I wouldn’t hurt you” the tone and words that came from my mouth felt alien, I had never said anything like that before, neither had I used such a comforting tone of voice and that surprised me, but I didn’t show it.

“I…I…I” she tried to start a sentence, but at the same time she was trying hard not to cry.

“What is it? You don’t have to be afraid to ask me anything”


Just as I finished my sentence she broke into tears, the sound of her cries made me feel warm like before, yet it was different , this feeling was intensified as she shifted her body and hugged me with her forelegs, she pressed her head against my chest and I felt her tears running down until they were soaked up by my towel, she was crying with all of her might, letting it all out, all of the sadness, all of the fear…I too had cried like that once, though no one had been there for me.


I remembered how I had felt at time I cried like that, it was shortly after the… death of my parents, I had felt so alone and abandoned, she most likely did the same being here, away from everything and everyone she knew.


“Just let it out, you can cry all you want” I whispered as I hugged her back, this caused her to become quiet for a second, but then she tightened her hug and cried even harder than before, I felt how her little white fragile form sought security and comfort.

It made me feel an urge to help her, to comfort her, to protect her.


---


Her cries had now faded and she merely sat with her head against me.

“Thank you…”she sniffed. “I’m so sorry to react like this”

“Don’t be, just promise me that you won’t be afraid of me anymore”

A soft giggle came from the little white pony. “I promise I will try”

I loosened my hug and she pulled herself back, rubbing her eyes with a hoof.

Suddenly I remembered that the only thing on me that resembled clothing was the towel around my waist and I did feel a little embarrassed, yet she did not seem to mind that at all, but perhaps she thought that this was normal clothing for humans.

“Miss Rarity I’m going to get dressed real quick ok, then how about you and I have a little talk about… well everything”

“I would like that, but… aren’t you already dressed?” she arched a brow in a questioning manner, while looking at my towel.

“Not really I’m just…covered”

The little unicorn’s cheeks turned a light pink. ”Oh my, I see, I uhm, will wait here for you return then” she said this facing while away from me.

Her reaction brought a smile to my lips, one that first faded as I dressed myself, I couldn’t help myself as to again wonder how the next couple of days were going to be, I imagined it was going to be something out of the ordinary, since, well she wasn’t ordinary, she was quite a “Rarity”

End chapter 2.

Bad Pun Ending Yeah.