• Published 21st May 2013
  • 530 Views, 8 Comments

My heart is bigger on the inside. - IntenseMystics



Scootaloo lives alone, but a meteorite crashes just outside ponyville revealing a brand new way of life for the lonely filly but what happens when that way of life comes with a cost to great for equestria handle?

  • ...
3
 8
 530

The lonely pony

“The reason it’s blue is because it’s a police box and the colour of the police is blue.” The doctor didn’t hesitate to answer. “Now would you like to answer a question for me then you can ask a question?” He asked In an extremely stuck up way but I nodded anyways.

“Where is this, whats it called?” He asked with a very curious look, I guess he wouldn’t know as he is from the sky. “Well we’re outside of ponyville as that’s the closest town but really were on Equestria.”

“Equestria…equestria….Nope, never heard of it…” He quickly mumbled to himself about something about being too old but he cant be that old, he looks like a young mature stallion.

“Can I ask two questions? Whats a Police? And What is this box?” I sat down in front of him, this was like story time.
“Well technically that was just three questions but I’ll let that slide but you’re going to have to pay me back two questions. The police are there to keep certain planets safe, and this my dear is a blue box.”
He chuckled as if he just said some sort of inside joke.

“No, I mean whys it bigger on the inside, how’d it get here! What does it do?” It was all really weird and new and… Interesting. More interesting than anything to have ever happened before in my life.

He cracked a bigger grin, I mean his previous grin never left but It got bigger! “I’ll tell you but you would never believe me.” He whispered in my ear. I was almost bouncing off my seat “Tell me!” I went into a winy voice.

He leaned even closer and whispered even lower ,“It’s a time machine that can travel anywhere in space.”
My eyes widened to the size of saucers “Oh! PLEASE SHOW ME! “I begged at his hooves “I’ve always dreamed of seeing the moon!”

He snorted and flicked his hoof at my idea, completely dropping it. My spirit went down about 10,000 notches and I dropped my head. “Aw, who wants to see the boring moon? All of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was. Where would you like to start?” He jumped up off his chair almost knocking me over and ran over to the middle.

“Now just to figure out how to walk… and how to actually use the console…” He was pacing and muttering. I walked over to him to stop him, He stopped for a second to shuffle around me but I just kept getting in his way.

“Scootaloo was your name? yes? Would you mind not getting in my way… I need to think about how to do this.” I tried really hard not to laugh, my face bunching up into wrinkles, I couldn’t hold it I fell onto my back laughing.

“BWAHA! Doctor, I think your having a lot of problems walking If I do say so myself!” he stopped pacing a turned towards me.
“Whats so funny? I pointed towards his hooves still crying from laughing to much. He looked down and just sighed almost in a defeat shame. He walked over to me and just started tickling. I cried out in more laughter, it was getting to the point it was starting to hurt.

He stopped and looked up in deep thought; Even his thinking face was hilarious. His serious face was just didn’t fit him, It looked old for him. He turned back to still with his serious face on which made me start rolling on the blue boxes glass floor in laughter.

“How do ponies hold things?” he tipped his head back and forth trying to legitimately think about it.
Once my laughter had subsided to a manageable amount I stood up off the floor which was surprisingly clean and walked over to this stick with a green end and just picked it up with my hoof.

“Ah! Please don’t touch that! And how’s that possible? How do I do it?” He fumbled it out of my hooves with his mouth

“Ew! Why would you hold a stick in your mouth that’s just dirty.” I backed up a bit, who in there right mind would hold a green and white stick in their mouth it’s probably radioactive.

“It’sss mot a ssstick it’sss ah sonick screw driver!” He mumbled words around it, I quickly went to him and pulled it out of his mouth. I placed it lightly behind his ear.

“Better?” he nodded but it fell off his ear from the motion. I snorkeled a laugh

He prodded the stick and placed his hoof over it then raised his hoof and rolled it around and kept on fiddling with it.

After about 2 minutes of him grunting and rolling around the stick I found a nice comfy corner to snicker at him. “Ah, doctor watch out for the edge.” I called over to him, he was beside it precariously. He was rolling the stick when it fell over the side.

“AH!” The doctor dived over the side and crashed to the ground.

I jumped up and ran over to him, “Hellooooo!” I called in a way only a girl could. He was lying in a crumpled heap with his hoof up. Holding the stick.

It rolled out of his hand and broke on the ground. As the shattering noise echoed through the chamber the doctor quickly unraveled himself. He looked around wildly and then he looked up.

“Did you see!? I held it! With no fingers or thumbs! It was ridiculous! “He was laughing and smiling. One of the best smiles I’ve seen in a long time.

“Do you know where it rolled off to?” He was giggling and laughing. I pointed to the ground where he looked and just stared. I chortled and cried, his face was the best.

“No!” He stomped his hooves around a bit and snorted like a filly having a tantrum. It was even funnier, I would say I was turning purple but I have no way of knowing. “Here let me help you.” I fluttered down with my small orange wings and picked the scraps up.

“You can fly?! Well I probably should have expected that but still it should be impossible a pony of that size it should be physically impossible but maybe your bones are hollow causing your weight to diminish…” He had started to mumble to himself again.

“wait hold your horses… did you say I was too heavy to fly? Did you just call me fat?” I said in my best sassy girl voice. He jumped back and stuttered a bit then shook his head. I snorted then stalked up the stairs in the most mocking fashion possible.

I got to the top and watched as he followed me slowly up the stairs leading to the main chamber.
“Well where can we go, now that your walking and holding issue is done.” I snickered a bit as he grimaced when I dropped the stick.

“Well scootaloo first let me fix my screwdriver.” He trotted up to it and picked it back up with his mouth.

“Why are you still picking it up with your mouth?” I tipped my head back and forth in confusion. He walked over to a hole in the big round thing in the middle and dropped the remaining pieces into it.

“Feels more proper, It shouldn’t be possible to pick things up without hands or thumbs so I choose the next more proper way to hold something, my mouth.” He scrambled around to in front of me. “Do you really want to go to the moon?”

I quickly nodded throwing my brain for a loop. He glanced at my reaction and nodded himself.

“Well then scootaloo…” He galloped to the other side of the center piece “Welcome to the SS. TARDIS please hold on to something at all time!” He hollered and quickly slammed down a lever.

I quickly found a bar to grab onto as the ground shaked and groaned, the center Colom moved up and down and a loud noise filled the air. As suddenly as it started it had stopped. A loud bong followed after the shaking had stopped.

The doctor ran to me and grinned, “Shall we go?” I didn’t even question how we moved or how it’s possible I just want to see the moon.

The doctor ran to the doors and threw them open. “The moon!” He turned to grin at me but I was already out the doors.

The moon was white and cold but black surrounded with small little stars twinkling in the distance, The big blue planet with patches of colours all over was our big world. I gasped in the beauty and importance of everything.

The doctor pranced over to me. “Amazing, it’s always amazing being able to see your own planet. You think you’re the greatest thing in the universe and nothing could ever stomp you out but in reality the universe is huge ever growing, always changing. There are so many things out there that even I will never be able to see.”

He looked much older and much more tired his face suddenly went sad, he looked so…alone. “Things that are so rare that there is only one left in the universe, all alone, left by everything, nobody to love. Those things are so rare that nobody can save them, so alone that they don’t want anybody to find them anymore, just doomed to die silently without leaving a mark in the world for anybody to remember.”

“Doctor, every mare stallion and foal are unique and every action is watched by somebody. Maybe it’s your family or friends or even a random stranger. Maybe even celestia. That one pony will always remember that action you took that day. Nobody ever goes unnoticed. Everybody has a reason just maybe its not clear to you or anybody.” I looked at him as he turned to me. His face still so lonely.

“Scootaloo where is your family?” the doctor quietly asked.

Author's Note:

So what do you want me to say down here?

well heres a small haiku on the best dog.

Corgis are de bomb
they are short and cute like pie
don't dis dem corgis

Comments ( 7 )

You need to learn more spelling and grammar, though you are not the worst on the site.

2803632 A trust me if I really cared enough to use my english I could I just don't feel like putting that much effort into it. As long as people can understand it and read it to a degree it's fine. :twilightsmile:

2814152
And now I have lost all respect for you. People like you are the reason many of the stories on this site are shit. Those that don't care. Fuck off and quit writing. When you finally begin to care about your readers, than return here.

2814169 Holy, apparently I hit a button here. It's not that i don't care about more stories its that I don't care too much about grammar. I try my damndest to give a good story I just don't feel like looking over for that random comma or improper use of the word "there". I write for enjoyment not for novels.

2815536
Look. I don't think you should go Grammar Nazi on your own work. However, if you have the power to do so, which you have said that you do, then you should at least work to make the grammar better. In this story, it's not just a random comma or a misuse of 'there,' it's the glaringly obvious, not to mention numerous, mistakes throughout the whole thing. If you took even twenty minutes to read your own writing, you would see them.

THIS is what I'm talking about. It's the authors like you who want to put everything in their head on paper, and then doesn't give two shits if it's painful for the reader to read. If they think the story is great, then no one can knock them off their high-horse.

If it were true that you had a few errors sprinkled throughout, small, little things like commas, I wouldn't care. I can overlook those because everyone makes mistakes. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and as such, I cannot continue to read this story until you improve, and hopefully edit, the previous, and upcoming, chapters.

If you want an example of what I am talking about, here, have one:
Original:

Scootaloo lives alone, but a meteorite crashes just outside ponyville revealing a brand new way of life for the lonely filly but what happens when that way of life comes with a cost to great for equestria handle? Can Scootaloo find a side of her self she forgot a long time ago to save the lands? can she overcome her greatest want to protect her friends?

Proofread:

Scootaloo lives alone, but a meteorite crashes just outside Ponyville revealing a brand new way of life for the lonely filly. But* what happens when that way of life comes with a cost to great for Equestria handle? Can Scootaloo find a side of her self she forgot a long time ago in time (or) long before in time to save the lands? Can she overcome her greatest wants to protect her friends?

*A sentence should not begin with a conjunction. However, it is not entirely wrong, and can still be used. A better phrase would be "So what happens..." Or "However, what happens..." but again, it is not necessary.

Login or register to comment