• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 7,418 Views, 447 Comments

"My little Dashie" Sequel - Roker999



After Dashie's disappearance, her dad ("daddy") desperately tries to find a way to get her back. He tries everything, but nothing seems to work. After months of research, he finds a solution. Or rather, the solution finds him. He reali

  • ...
33
 447
 7,418

Chapter 23

---------------------------------------Sorry that it's so short - Continued in author's note-----------------------------


Our rather unusual gathering lasted till dawn. Twilight was prone to starting arguments about many things not worth mentioning (Rarity's hair - for example). What I hadn't noticed was that Spike had been holding that iron lantern since the beginning of the "conference"; It looked like he had the life squashed out of him. If that wasn't enough, he drained the last few drops of energy out of his body by wearily dragging himself next to Rarity (much to her discomfort, nah just kidding). I'm amazed Spike still sticks to Rarity's side, even though he's obviously been friend-zoned down to Oblivion (I'm sure he's the only one who doesn't notice a thing - he's too stubborn). He's a Dragon! How can a lizard be so fond of an Equidae? I'm not a hundred percent sure of how "things" work in Equestria, but I'm very sure that...that is similar to asking the sun to leave the sky.

Things dragged on for quite a while. The sun peeped over the edge of the faraway hills, shrouding Equestria in Celestia's warmth. Birds flew to and fro, searching for interesting activities to occupy themselves with; the Apple Family barn door creaked open, and out came a sullen herd of cows, alongside Big Macintosh. Indescribable beauty, everywhere. I was getting a bit uneasy, because Twilight had been jabbering for over four hours. I don't even know what she was talking about...Something related to the stars, I think (most of the gang fell asleep - including the Cutie Mark Crusaders, of course). Twilight's eyes continuously hopped left and right to see if anyone was actually listening to her. When her eyes met mine, I cleared my throat, and gave her a stern look, as if to say "Let's go already". She smiled nervously, and, without hesitation, yelled at the top of her lungs (I didn't doubt she woke up half of Ponyville):

"All right, listen up! If we're going to get to Canterlot in time to visit Rainbow Dash, we have to leave now!"

"Hmf..." Mumbled Applebloom, obviously annoyed with her sudden awakening.

"Aw' right', let's go then...' yawned Applejack.

Rarity tapped Spike on the head, who had already curled around her front legs, sound asleep.

"Wha...? What are we still doing here?" he said, while smacking his lips.

"Well, surely you didn't expect us to carry you to the train station?" Growled Rarity.

Spike, who was wide awake by then, hastily shook his head and apologized for...being rude, I guess.

Twilight Sparkle led us down the gravel road, through Ponyville, and out to the town's train station; the short journey didn't take longer than five minutes, thanks to us being able to trot (or walk) much faster than humans usually do. Nopony said anything, except for an occasional squeak from Fluttershy (why, I don't know). The Cutie Mark Crusaders fell behind often, and, much to their delight, I offered them a ride on my back. It would have gone much better if Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo hadn't been fiddling with my mane the entire time.

Apparently, Twilight has a free pass to the Ponyville express (if that's what it's called), including a pass for any number of passengers; in other words, we didn't have to pay for our tickets. I found this rather dandy (Spike told me about it), because I had no means of earning any money.

I made my way towards Twilight, who was busy sorting the tickets, and asked her why she couldn't teleport us to Canterlot. She seemed quite annoyed with my question, so I instantly backed away, not waiting for an answer. I'm sure there's a good, logical reason why she can't (or won't) do it.

After waiting for what seemed to be a hundred years, the train finally arrived. It's architecture reminded me of a gingerbread house; probably why Pinkie Pie began frantically licking the engine-car; rather silly if you ask me, but she's Pinkie Pie, which obviously renders my arguments invalid. I asked Spike if she does silly things often (even though I potentially blew my "cover" at Twilight's house); I didn't want to look like a creepy stalker who knows everything there is to be about the Mane six (how clever of me...) Spike casually brushed my fabricated question aside, as if it were a sack of unwanted garbage. I'm sure everypony asks him every possible question related to Pinkie Pie. Pinkie's antics always spare me a good laugh!

"All aboard!" yelled the mechanic with the silly mustache (I don't find it possible that ponies have mustaches).

I observed a rather small family of unicorn-ponies saying their farewells to a young colt, most likely being sent to the school for gifted unicorns in Canterlot. The mother (a stocky unicorn most-likely in her mid-forties - that's how it looked like; I don't know how long ponies live) pulled a small, beige-colored handkerchief out of the back pocket of her frilly dress, took a deep breath, and, sparing the handkerchief no mercy, tried to blow out all the emotions related her son leaving her household. The father, on the other hand, (an average-looking earth pony) didn't seem to display any emotions at all. Their children were bawling, sad that their big brother was leaving them - for a long time.

I kept my eyes glued to the parents and their children; deep in thought. Mind wandering, I didn't notice pinkie Pie, who sat directly across from me. She had her signature "what are you doing" look glued onto her pink face; and was twisting in every possible direction to try and get a better look at my face. When I picked my eyes up, her face was only inches away from the tip of my nose; she looked rather curious as to what I was thinking about a few seconds ago.

"Need anything...?" I asked.

Pinkie shrugged, and said: "Not really! Just felt like poking around!" - which proceeded with her dashing half across the car to sit next to the unicorn who's family I was observing. I didn't want to see what means of torment she'd use to cause him to fly out the window at light speed, just to get away from her. Head in hooves, I sat and blankly stared at the golden fields the train was passing.

"Ya' know, mah' great-grandfather used to work on 'dem fields there." Said presumably Applejack, who had silently crept up form behind.

I asked her what those fields were for, then, for a split-second, she pulled a look that made me feel like a jackass.

"Oh, right, you're not from around here, my condolences..." she mumbled.

Even Applejack can tell if others understand her facial-language.

"'Dem fields are for nothin' other than growin' wheat! The finest wheat in Equestria, may I add!" she said proudly. "Wah', that's the very same wheat mister and missus Cake use for their delicious cooking!"

"Best in Equestria!!!" yelled Pinkie Pie from across the train-car.

I swear to God, that mare has ears of steel! I find it hard to believe that somepony's ears can be so keen while having a conversation with somepony else. She is Pinkie Pie after all...

Almost there...

-----------------------------------------------Author's note------------------------------------------
Sorry if this chapter didn't meet your expectations. I was away for a very long time, visiting relatives in Canada and the US, and friends. I was at Bronycon 2012. I'm pretty sure I saw some of you there! I'm back home, and I felt like writing! This chapter is a little bit short - something I whipped up as fast as I could! I want you guys to enjoy my writing! Brohoof to all of you! Cheers!