• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 7,418 Views, 447 Comments

"My little Dashie" Sequel - Roker999



After Dashie's disappearance, her dad ("daddy") desperately tries to find a way to get her back. He tries everything, but nothing seems to work. After months of research, he finds a solution. Or rather, the solution finds him. He reali

  • ...
33
 447
 7,418

Chapter 14

Why do I feel this way? Every second of every day... It feels like my chest is going to implode! I have no clue what's going on, or what's going to happen to me in the future. All I want is to see my daughter, but a mysterious force is keeping me away from her. It's almost as if someone, or somepony, is pushing me back, forcing me from from my daughter. It must be hard for Dashie. If the rumors are true, and they really haven't erased her memories yet, she's probably thinking of me right now. The stress of being pulled away from my grasp, her father, must be tearing her apart!

I don't know why I haven't even TRIED visiting her yet. Oh, that's right. She's locked up in Canterlot. If only I could fly...

The irony of this situation is overwhelming. After all those weeks of teaching Dashie to fly, I thought I would have remembered something about flying. Wrong. I can't even get my flank off the ground and into the air. No, It's more than that. I can't even control my wings yet. I can't move my wings a fraction of an inch. If Dashie really is, or was, the best flyer in Equestria, then she MUST be able to teach me to fly. The problem is I can't even GET to her without flying. Sure, I can trot straight through the front gates of the castle, and get caught by the princess. She'll send me back to Earth. No problem...?

I still haven't found out who that mysterious pegasus was, the one that sent me here. How could he have sent me here If he wasn't a unicorn? I thought Unicorns were the only ones who use magic. Maybe that wasn't magic...? Maybe he used a portal, or rather, THE portal...? He said something about being the princesses messenger... Why in the world would Celestia want me in Equestria? She said that I don't belong here! Well, I'm here, so I guess she was wrong!

I'm trying to meet Fluttershy. The reason? She's the only pegasus I trust, except Dashie, of course. The problem is, I don't even know where she lives. Sure, I can ask Cheerilee. What If Cheerilee doesn't know? I'll have to wander around Ponyville looking for her house all by myself! But After scaring the living daylights out of Cheerilee, I couldn't bring myself to ask her... I mean, that would be just plain creepy. Imagine someone, or somepony, breaking into your house, looking for somepony else. Awkward much?

I stood in the center of the room for a few more minutes, while Cheerilee carried on with her morning chores: Watering the flowers, checking her students' homework. You know, things you would expect every other teacher to be doing. She didn't pay a lot of attention to me. It's almost like I wasn't even there!

You know what I was doing... I was thinking...Thinking about everything that has happened, everything that will happen.

I slowly lowered my head down, and let my long, colorful hair touch the cold, hard floorboards. *plink*...*plink*... Tears started streaming down my hot face, and dripping down...down onto the floor. Why? Why would something like this happen to me? Why couldn't the princess just leave me alone? We would have been happy, Dashie and I. There were so many things we could have done together. Gosh, I don't know why I'm crying! I probably look ridiculous right now... I shouldn't even be sad, I should be happy! After all, I'm in Equestria. I CAN and I WILL meet my daughter. Anything...I would do ANYTHING to see her...just once...just to embrace her one more time, to feel her little heart beating against my chest again!... I miss her so much..

Cheerilee saw me, bawling like a little filly. What else could I do? I don't have much time until they replace her old memories...Her memories of me, of her childhood with me. She won't remember me. She won't want to talk to me. She'll shield herself from me. She won't love me anymore!

Cheerilee silently approached me. She tried to make me lift my head up, but I wouldn't. I couldn't. I was too heartbroken. She nudged my chin with her hoof, and said: "What's the matter?" I told her. I told her everything: How I found Dashie, how I raised her for fifteen years, how much I loved her, how they took her away from me.

I don't know why I told her. I just wanted to shake this heavy feeling of abjection off my shoulders. Amazingly enough, she believed me. It didn't matter how crazy my story was. She understood how I felt.

She motioned me to sit down on the couch. I told her that I couldn't, because my stubborn wings wouldn't close. She nodded, then trotted over to the couch and sat down herself. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, then began:

" Many years ago, long before I became a teacher, I had a daughter. Her name was Sugar Meadow. She was a beautiful filly... yet she was ill, very ill with an unknown sickness. I was desperate, desperate to cure her of this unknown disease. I even called the princess to my aid, but alas, she couldn't do anything about it... Not too long after her fifth birthday, she left our world... I decided to become a teacher, because the cheerful faces of the children I teach remind me of my little daughter..."

I felt a sudden feeling of sympathy overrun my self-pity. She lost her daughter. I haven't lost my daughter...yet... I still have a chance! I can still fix this.
__________________________________________________________________

I approached Cheerilee. She was sitting on the couch with her hooves folded in her lap. As I apprached her,I noticed my colorful reflection in her large, damp eyes. Wow. I really DO look like Dashie. No wonder Pinkie mistook me for her. I have to leave as soon as I can, but not without thanking Cheerilee. After all, It is my fault that I reminded her of her daughter...

I nudged her cheek with my nose, and let her know that I was thankful for her understanding my unusual situation.

"Thank you for understanding me. I'm sorry if I made you cry..."

She looked up at me, wiped her eyes with her elbow, and smiled.

"Oh, no reason to apologize! It's my fault...I'm such a drama queen!"

"I don't want to bother you anymore, but do you know where a certain mare lives? Her name is Fluttershy." Said I

"Oh, you mean the one who loves animals? Yes, of course! Everypony knows where Fluttershy lives!" Said Cheerilee, while blowing her nose on a small, purple, frilly handkerchief.