• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 7,413 Views, 447 Comments

"My little Dashie" Sequel - Roker999



After Dashie's disappearance, her dad ("daddy") desperately tries to find a way to get her back. He tries everything, but nothing seems to work. After months of research, he finds a solution. Or rather, the solution finds him. He reali

  • ...
33
 447
 7,413

Chapter 15

We all have awkward moments in our life, don't deny it. That was a very good example of one. Back on earth I didn't have many friends, except, of course, for Dashie (Even though she was my daughter). I never was much of a "people person". I never felt like talking to anybody. I always kept my thoughts to myself (even from Dashie), and pondered over them on my every day walks. I locked myself away from the rest of the world. I was happy, Dashie was happy, and that's all that mattered to me.

Every night, after I tucked Dashie into her race car bed, I would head downstairs and put on my old, heavy raincoat. I wore that coat the day I found Dashie. That thought boosted my spirits! I always wore that coat on my walks, even if it wasn't raining. I still remember that evening...That dreary evening. The evening that changed my life, forever...

You're probably wondering why I loved going on walks. Not only did the evening air fill my lungs with fresh air, but my walks gave me more time to think. There were many unanswered questions circulating in my head at the time, and I needed time... Who doesn't? Many of them were left unanswered. They are buried...Deep in the depths of my subconsciousness...

If Dashie accidentally "came into my world", then how did she get in that cardboard box? Who put her in that box? Why would anyone do that? I'm afraid to think what somebody would have done with her if they found her before I did...Luck. If it wasn't for my immense luck, I probably wouldn't even be here right now. Where did all my luck come from? I don't know. Probably never will. I must remember, that even if she IS my little Dashie, she's all grown up now. She can live without me. It's sad, but parents have to accept the fact that their children will eventually become adults, just like them.

What am I doing here anyways? I love Dashie with all my heart, but Intruding on her life like this won't make anything better. It won't fix anything...She's not a filly anymore! It's not like she needs me, or anything like that... Why am I so selfish?

What if she misses me as much as I miss her? I gotta to stop getting my hopes up. I don't even know if she remembers me anymore. Sure, the old Rainbow Dash is cool and all, but I don't want to lose MY daughter! I don't want to lose my little Dashie... In fact, I don't care about what's on the outside. I don't CARE if my daughter is a cartoon character from a children's TV show! No mater who, or what she is, I will always love her...

I don't want to lose her cute little laugh... I don't want to lose her cute little smile! Her personality is unique to me... I raised her, I cared for her. She's my daughter. It never worries me that she isn't physically related to me. Love keeps nonsense like that at a distance. Love is special, and don't you ever forget that! Love kept us close like two peas in a pod. We were meant to be together. I was meant to be her father, and she was meant to be my daughter...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough us enough. I'm going straight up to Twilight Sparkle's door, and bucking it off it's hinges! Nothing, not even magic, has the power to keep us apart. Who does she think she is, keeping Dashie under lock and key! Screw the truth, and screw the future! I don't care what Celestia says. Besides, if she's so obsessed with "friendship" and "kindness", why doesn't she give a damn about Me or Dashie? It doesn't make any sense! She sure has some nerve to do something like this!

How silly of me... I don't even know where Twilight Sparkle lives! I also forgot that I'm a cyan, rainbow-haired stallion. It won't be easy to conceal myself from everypony, especially Pinkie Pie. I'm pretty sure I'll get mistaken for Dashie over a hundred time today... Pinkie Pie knows everpony in town, so I probably won't be surprised if they all think Dashie is fine, and strolling down the streets of Ponyville!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't think a crowded marketplace was the best place for me to be at the time. I noticed that all the ponies in the marketplace stopped what they were doing, just to stare at me! Things like this can make a person (or a horse) nervous!

I started shaking. Not with fright, but embarrassment (Did I mention that I was nervous? haha). I never was more embarrassed in my entire life. Now, with hundreds of eyes locked on me, I couldn't help feeling a little bit afraid.

This went on for a minute or two (It felt like two hours to me).

I couldn't take it anymore (doubt you would've, either). I took a few steps backwards and yelled "What?! What is it?!" at the top of my lungs. Nothing. They didn't say anything. They just kept on staring at me. I felt cold sweat streaming down my forehead. I felt a series of shivers go down my spine.

I desperately tried to escape that "awkward" situation. What if I get busted? I couldn't think of anything else to do. I ran. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me. I didn't know where I was going, and frankly, I didn't really care. I heard a voice yell "Wait, stop!", but the voice soon faded away, along with the market. Soon, all I could hear was the thumping of my heart, and the sound of my my lungs fiercely gasping for air.

It felt like my head was going to explode. Not because I was exhausted, but because I was trying to decide what do do: Go to Twilight Sparkle's house, or go to Fluttershy's house. If I go to Twilight, she might tell the princess. Everything will be over... If I go to Fluttershy's...I don't know. Surely Fluttershy won't tell Twilight, right? I don't know! I don't have much time to decide!

I barely managed to reach the end of the long, cobblestone street. I was tired. Christ, I've never been more tired in my life!

While I was helplessly panting in the middle of the road, I noticed a small group of pegasus ponies pop out from behind the roof of, apparently, Sugarcube Corner (There aren't a lot of pink, gingerbread-looking houses in Ponyville...) . They were laughing, and, in general, having a good time. I had a compelling feeling that "Rainbow Dash" used to hang out with these ponies. They all acted so...so similar to "her". I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

Everything was fine until one of them, seemingly the leader of their..."gang"...happened to notice me.

"Hey girls, look! It's Rainbow Dash! She's all better! HEY RAINBOW DASH!" She yelled.

For Celestia's sake! Not again!

*Author's note*: This chapter was a little bit short, but you know...School n' stuff...

I've been thinking this over this for days, and I still can't decide whether Dashie's dad should go to Twilight Sparkle's, or to Fluttershy's! I would appreciate it if you post a comment about this issue. Thanks for all the support! Bronies 4eva ^(~3~)^(Ω)